• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl Spring Tournament, Miami, FL: 1-24-09 (RESULTS ON 1ST POST)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Ok....

Fee's are as follows

$10 singles fee
$7 door fee,

so far i've gotten a few complaints on the door fee being gay for so. being it's sorta of a **** on the fee, so im gonna do my best to change it to like $13 singles fee...

ALSO, there's a 40 person cap now for some strange reason, granted is that i assume it was not gonna be a huge tournament... there is no RSVP for this and it's first come first serve

the next big issue is the rules.

So far it's singles regularly, as far as the mk ban issue. Serious ****ingly, it's under my own discretion and nothing is final. **** i might as well make it low tier only and everyone can go ****ing home easily. now I have until next week to decide on this, and if you piss me off weather online or IRL, i'm gonna ban mk for sure, no johns. the reason for the ban this time is because of the observation of excessive players jumping the bandwagon, plus excessive players blatingly switching to mk for counterpick for the easy win.

The tougeki format has not been pitched in to the staff at the moment and i could change that on such short notice, and hopefully alter or leave the prices the same... but change the pot size???

edit: I see a Frames clone at FIU...

AfroQT

Smash Master
Ok....

Fee's are as follows

$10 singles fee
$7 door fee,

so far i've gotten a few complaints on the door fee being gay for so. being it's sorta of a **** on the fee, so im gonna do my best to change it to like $13 singles fee...

ALSO, there's a 40 person cap now for some strange reason, granted is that i assume it was not gonna be a huge tournament... there is no RSVP for this and it's first come first serve

the next big issue is the rules.

So far it's singles regularly, as far as the mk ban issue. Serious ****ingly, it's under my own discretion and nothing is final. **** i might as well make it low tier only and everyone can go ****ing home easily. now I have until next week to decide on this, and if you piss me off weather online or IRL, i'm gonna ban mk for sure, no johns. the reason for the ban this time is because of the observation of excessive players jumping the bandwagon, plus excessive players blatingly switching to mk for counterpick for the easy win.

The tougeki format has not been pitched in to the staff at the moment and i could change that on such short notice, and hopefully alter or leave the prices the same... but change the pot size???

edit: I see a Frames clone at FIU...

Banning MK cuz half of florida is fvckin scrubbs and cant beat a char i HAVE NOT LOST TO IN 6 MONTHS is bull****. If anyone is jumping on ANY bandwagon, its Tourney Host's banning MK when MK (though the best char in the game) is still easily beatable. Every single MK in florida gets fvckin destroyed by either my wario or snake. Fenrir destroys MKs with FOX, anyone whos been to gigs has seen this.

people need to stop b1tching and learn to fvcking play. If you wanna ban MK it only shows how pathetic florida is becoming. Banning a character that doesnt even win tourneys down here.

EDIT:
You wouldnt have to change the pot size if it was 30 dollars per team (or 39 per team if you do 13 per player)

Master Raven

Smash Master
Speaking of MK, I just discovered how ridiculously effective DK's dash attack is vs the tornado. Some friend of mine was spamming it on my DK so I used this as an opportunity to test it. Bigfoot discovered this earlier but I never knew how effective it really was. This is a real good way to take out tornado spammers.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Plz do Tougeki Style that'd be amazing.
as far as demand goes, at most all of fiu would be down, and some locals would be too. but it all depends if i convince the staff to let me do it instead of regular singles.

edit: the staff has already slapped in flyers around campus, so it's very low chance. but nothing listing the rules, only time and fees.

edit again: there are some minor concerns doing tougeki in the case of brawl, the stocks. i say we're gonna have to do it by crew battle rules (9 stocks total and that's it), no lives reset at all after every match. therefore it allows every player in the team to have a chance to play

AfroQT

Smash Master
as far as demand goes, at most all of fiu would be down, and some locals would be too. but it all depends if i convince the staff to let me do it instead of regular singles.

edit: the staff has already slapped in flyers around campus, so it's very low chance. but nothing listing the rules, only time and fees
Just say that this is how singles has always been. Plus do they HAVE to know exactly how its goin down? As long as they are gettin the money for door fee, why do they care how we do it as long as it ends on time?

nevershootme

Smash Master
Just say that this is how singles has always been. Plus do they HAVE to know exactly how its goin down? As long as they are gettin the money for door fee, why do they care how we do it as long as it ends on time?
well... they have to because they say so... dealing with a university is a bit tougher than a lan center, because the facility at the school is controlled by staff and usually they don't operate on weekends (certain rooms are locked mostly in the building).

-!-

Smash Lord
**** I wanna come to this >.< I really do but its a slight chance it can happen on my side... I'll love to try out that Tougeki Style Format, that would be really sweet to try out hehehe... if it becomes official I may just beg someone to drive me there just for that...

nevershootme

Smash Master
**** I wanna come to this >.< I really do but its a slight chance it can happen on my side... I'll love to try out that Tougeki Style Format, that would be really sweet to try out hehehe... if it becomes official I may just beg someone to drive me there just for that...
well find a ride...

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nmGxfvhyDw

this is how tougeki works, this is how 3v3 is gonna work.

the first player took out the 2 players and Daigo was remaining. and Daigo makes the comback by taking out the other team single handed.

Coffee™

I need it....
Is the tougeki 3 vs 3 confirmed for this? Also as far as MK is concerned, feel free to ban him, just makes my life easier lol

nevershootme

Smash Master
Is the tougeki 3 vs 3 confirmed for this? Also as far as MK is concerned, feel free to ban him, just makes my life easier lol
3v3 is not official (read the previous post). as i have to talk to the staff to even let me do that (since they have to handle the pot). like i said, if there's a good amount of demand, i will put in 3v3 instead of normal singles, since i see it definitely gives some players more playtime by taking turns playing matches.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
why cant it be just a normal fashioned tourney? singles and doubles and a few friendlies/MM here and there o-o? not like a hundred people are coming xD

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
bowser grab release too good???
I don't bother with that...I hate Brawl Bowser after playing Melee Bowser again...So, no practicing that...I'll just play a few matches to be up to par with what I'm used to, take SG's money, then never use him again. :laugh:

nevershootme

Smash Master
LOLZ, FIU would complain.....figures

I'm down to go, so I guess this would be my "RSVP".....btw, has the cap been reached?
There is no RSVP. and it's first come first serve. good luck trying to run a tournament at a university who are sometimes not flexiable with things and a bit too stupid to listen

as far as FIU complaining? I do my best regardless to make things happen and the tournaments have been running smoothly cuz i know my stuff

ALSO. BRING TV's AND WII"S IF U CAN

Ginowns

Smash Apprentice
Yo 8-bit
i just talked with my dad
he said i migh be able to come... so i might be able to prove myself :S
that is, if i dont fail miserably.

Top Bottom