• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Codeset

The Cape

Smash Master
Sounds good. As soon as Hairspray is over I will check it out. Then get back to putting more of my combos up for the video.

Does Ganon have Thunderstorming? I cant do it.

Also, Wolf cant full jump double bair anymore. He is so heavy now.

Fox fair loses height. Aroo?

Dedede feels blimpy again :)

Mario has a D throw CG on Wolf O.O (I wonder if that is in regularly)

Everything about this codeset feels wrong. I dont know what it is, but it just feels ugly.

The Cape

Smash Master
Seriously, to save on code (and because the game feels great as it was). Why dont we just give Ganon and boost to all three jumps, shorten Samus SH a bit, and give everyone a .1 boost to their full and mid air jumps?

Its easier in code (I assume) and it wont have this ugly clunky as **** feeling that I get everytime we test this beast.

shanus

Smash Hero
Seriously, to save on code (and because the game feels great as it was). Why dont we just give Ganon and boost to all three jumps, shorten Samus SH a bit, and give everyone a .1 boost to their full and mid air jumps?

Its easier in code (I assume) and it wont have this ugly clunky as **** feeling that I get everytime we test this beast.
This code actually feels good. I can thunderstorm as ganon.

Falcon's settings are totally wrong however. He can't even ledgehop into an nair which is terrible. His upgrav needs to be toned down significantly so he can link moves better and get a longer jump for his techchase.

Diddy –*very solid

Sonic – felt appropriate

Meta Knight – also good

Wolf –*Seemed too heavy, tone down the upgrav a bit, or give a higher short hop

Fox –*Was amazing, felt like a very very solid character

DK*–*Also had great movement

The Cape

Smash Master
Fox fair makes him SINK, it felt so different.

I guess I just need to give it more time, and actually play someone.

Wolf definetly needs his up grav fixed though.

The Cape

Smash Master
So guess who just got Gimpyfish to possibly install this on his Wii and try it.

He actually watched some of my vids and listened to me pimp it up, and he is definetly going to give it a try and maybe get into the project.

Booyah, who da man!

Almas

Smash Lord
Ah, I got it. shanus was suffering from the placebo affect earlier then, when I modified the value for the first time and he said he noticed a difference in dash dancing ;p. I've updated the OP to tweak that fix.

It seems with the Downwards Grav modifier, it chooses either the DGrav or the Fastfall mod to choose from. So a DGrav change requires an appropriate change in Fast Fall, else you'll end up with a normal fall speed faster than your FF.

EDIT: A friend (who is like, a real programmer), was talking to me for a little while and I figured out a way to write the code to be shorter and much easier to modify. That said...

Y'all think I'm going to be coding? =)

Oh my god. YOU DA MAN, CAPE. YOU DA MAN.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Yah, lots of peepz love Gimpy, if he gets into Brawl+ a lot more people will try it out.

@Almas
Less code + a lot easier to modify is ****in GREAT. It'd be nice to be able to adjust these things, cause doing it all in one go and then testing it is hard.

shanus

Smash Hero
So guess who just got Gimpyfish to possibly install this on his Wii and try it.

He actually watched some of my vids and listened to me pimp it up, and he is definetly going to give it a try and maybe get into the project.

Booyah, who da man!
Sick. And Almas, also very sick!

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Good news all around I see!

Gonna have to try out the updated version, now.

Also, I'd advise people to test without the buffer mod on, that way you know for sure you're not just screwing something up and mistiming the finished aerial.

The Cape

Smash Master
Thats a good idea, gonna have to test that out. I posted my initial impressions in the other thread. I would suggest you try every character Leaf and compare what you find to what I have.

shanus

Smash Hero
Isn't that techable off of the throw? Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I think we planned to introduce a code to eliminate jab locks by changing them to be techable?

KishSquared

Smash Master
It is techable, but the point isn't to say that the up-throw combos into a jab lock. I was able to jab-lock someone off a missed tech too, though I think I forgot to include that in the vid. The point is that any missed tech can be jab locked, and I'm guessing that Sonic isn't the only one.

If a code could be made to eliminate locks, that would rock. Until then, we may see a lot of this as people start playing with our current codeset.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Sonic already had a jab lock. In fact, Sonic already had a guaranteed setup into his jab lock in vBrawl.

Side B->footstool->up B->lagless dair->jab lock.

And in every one of those situations the other player could jump out before they reach the ground (except the super fast fallers at very low percents). Also they could tech out of that very easily.

Better setups for Sonic's jab lock are sour spotted dash attack, sour spotted bair, first hit of uair, d-throw-f-tilt-sweetspotted dair *they have to be in the air when you hit the dair though), and sour spotted nair.

Sonic's jab lock infinite is performed by pivoting a jab during the jab lock. So it would be
*start jab lock*->jab->dash past them->pivot jab->*continue jab lock* reversing the direction that they go.

Also, that's a mostly result of increased hitstun not gravity (gravity plays a very small part in it). As in vBrawl, they'd be out of hitstun and able to airdodge before they hit the ground, eliminating the need to tech.

And yes we are trying to come up with a code to eliminate jab locks.

And...you're just now finding this? I talked about Sonic's new infinite like a month ago and nobody really cared. I could send you guys some replays if you want. I don't do the infinite for long because...I'm not that good at pivoting jabs. It's much easier to just take them all the way across the stage and then do the pivot jab, but I don't want to bore you guys, so I tried doing the pivot after like 5 or 6 jabs each time.

And the one with Ike on the platform on battlefield was really hard to do (for some reason I can't do pivots really close to each other consistantly)

KishSquared

Smash Master
Haha, wow that really set you off :D Yeah, I'm just learning about it. Never knew Sonic had it.

You're right that this relates to hitstun moreso than gravity, but it's the combination that allows for more opportunities. Almost all locks are techable, but one missed tech and we have a lock now. This is equally applicable to Falco's laser lock.

Ultimately, I think we just need a code to eliminate locks. No clue what mechanic causes the locking to happen though. I'm not sure that it's possible to remove easily though.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
The mechanic responsible for jab locks? Teching.

Right now, you can only tech if you are within a certain distance from the stage when you press the button, which causes the game to set a flag, and if you continue falling to hit the ground from there, you'll get the tech. Unlike melee, it is not actually based on a set number of frames from when you press the button until you hit the ground. I'm pretty sure the reason the jab locks work is because the little "bounce" they give you doesn't put you high enough to tech.

Top Bottom