• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Firebird stall vs. Phantasm

ThreeX

Smash Lord
serious question, is firebird really better? O.o' just curious.

la la la, stalls that is..

everyone knows using falco's up-B as an offensive move is beast, duur.<3

Spife

Smash Master
I think Scraaaaaa-hogging is better because you're already Link and don't need to continue playing Falco so you can change to Link...
Just my opinions Fact

Big_R

Smash Champion
i would say phantasm if u could pull it off consistantly. but if u do mess up ur dead. but u can mess up firebird stalling and not be invincible and get hit which is usually death for falco.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. . . the reason why ppl prefer firebird is just because of that fact that it's easier... but I dunno, I can do phantasm pretty easily, occasionally I'll mess up. If it helps anyone, i play claw while doing it.

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
Firebird is better. For firebird its something crazy like 10 frames, whereas the phantasm stalls, you have 3 frames to move left to right / right to left. I'd suggest Firebird. One more thing, does the phantasm stall spike?

-- The Mop

ThreeX

Smash Lord
^ of course, it's sick when you phantasm stall, and they're recovering.. right into your phantasm, but sometimes they'll grab the ledge before you do, and the sexy blue bird goes bye-bye

Vro

Smash Lord
One more thing, does the phantasm stall spike?
Yes.

As far as the stall goes, Eggm's right. Phantasm is flashier but you're not invincible the whole time. That being said, you can also get edgehogged during phantasm and be unable to grab the ledge, while you can still make it back to the stage with firebird.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Done perfectly the firebird stall is 100% invincible and the phantasm stall is not.
Actually, both are 100% invincible if done correctly (but both are difficult to get 100% invincibility) - I just tested it in AR myself.

L__

Smash Master
Firebird is better. For firebird its something crazy like 10 frames, whereas the phantasm stalls, you have 3 frames to move left to right / right to left. I'd suggest Firebird. One more thing, does the phantasm stall spike?

-- The Mop
Don't be stupid. When you phantom stall you have 10 frames for error, in which firestalling depends on if you fast fall, how fast you fast fall, how far you push away, if you jump, and several other variables.

da1 chipmnk (6:09:12 PM): could i ask a question about phantom stalling?
OOVideoGameGodOO (6:17:29 PM): you have 10 frames room for error
OOVideoGameGodOO (6:17:31 PM): it's easy
OOVideoGameGodOO (6:17:34 PM): just get used to it

yeah.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
erm, no being harsh, plz.. but, ty.. hah, i'm a lil confused... bout to make a quick vid, to see if mah phantasm is seck-z or not ;[

Leech

Smash Journeyman
I'd say up b but thats because its easier for me to do.. i have never tried with illusion.

Top Bottom