• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm waiting for my package to be shipped... I don't think they even sent it out. Which is lame because you're supposed to ship a day early! blargh

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Has anyone gotten the game from GS yet? Just wondering since I didn't preorder, and I've heard that GS only does Tuesday releases.
They get them whenever. Tuesday's for most games while Sunday's usually for Nintendo games.
FE's situation's a bit odd and shipment's kinda screwy for it. Some today/tomorrow and some Friday I hear (for worst case scenario).

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I went to my Gamestop and they apparently don't have any notice as to when the game is supposed to come in.

I'm checking back later tonight, but if it's not there, I'm dropping the pre-order.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd rather be able to hold it as a physical object. There is no reason downloading a rom should cost the same price as a physical object

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ I canceled my preorder at GameStop and got it from Best Buy. XD [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]☯ Currently on Ch. 3. Kind of sad I won't be getting the art book, but oh well, they should've had it at the release date. )=< [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Gotta wait until later this week for my parents to drop my pre-ordered copy off for my birthday. Which is good in a way since I don't yet know if the delays effected my local Gamestop as well as I'm not done with FE12 just yet (stupid rom image keeps crashing just as I'm about to seize the throne!).

So how's the game so far story wise? I know the basics but I'm curious as to how it all fits in with the past games such as the difference between Medeus and Grima.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I reset once in Ch. 5 because I neglected to consider that an enemy fighter had a Hand Axe, and so Miriel died as a result. That was due to negligence though, not bad RNG, so I'm not too salty about it.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, just got my first reset caused by a BS critical.

It was a Hand Axe.

:005:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, Fire Emblem had probably the worst launch day in game history.

I'm still waiting for a physical copy.

Partially because I think this was a ploy to promote eshop download

It's a conspiracy

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
More like, they screwed up the shipping most likely. Happens all the time, especially with Nintendo games.

Only played a bit yesterday because of irl stuff, but it's awesome so far. Just finished Chapter 2.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I doubt that Canada would have received it early if Nintendo was trying to push eshop downloads.

Several places in the US do have it already as well.

The worst Nintendo could probably be accused of right now would be underestimating the demand for this game.

Also, there's this.

You might get some English if you play in Japanese. The solution seems to be to just toggle the language option, maybe a few times.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
According to what I read, Canada wasn't suppose to receive it early

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No, but Canada got it early anyway, and then there was no street date, so it was sold before the 4th.

It generally takes Canada longer to get stuff though, so I'm not complaining.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Called my Gamestop and they said Friday.

Seems like a common response. Oh well, I can wait. As long as it's by the ninth.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Finished Shadow Dragon this morning, and I also have an essay due tomorrow. So the delay isn't too much of an issue for me.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I'm very tempted to get it digital, too.

With the whole shipping shebang, no one knows when we'll actually get them. Also, I don't have it preordered, so I'm on the short end of the stick on physical copies, maybe adding on to the amount of days until I can snag one.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Blah i know i don't want to be here but..

Its always that unit you bring as a filler that just decides to get +5 stat level ups for 5 levels straight. Fricking i don't want to use you but you won't stop getting good level ups.

Also i'd buy using the eshop if i owned a 3ds already :[

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only people that get XP usually on my teams are archers, cavaliers, and knights

and occasionally priests

'cause knights are my favorite class

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Since the bundle isn't going to be available until Friday, I'm restarting my FE5 file.
I forgot how hard this game was. Especially after finishing FE11.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I'm apparently not getting my bundle for 3 weeks. =/

I was hoping to play a lot in the beginning of this semester for me since I usually don't have a lot of work, but I guess that's not happening. I'm more worried if I'm still gonna be able to get the first DLC free by then.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Have you SEEN the man's growths?

105 HP, 75 Str, 35 Mag, 65 Skl, 70 Spd, 100 Luck, 65 Def, 40 Res!

As long as aptitude is on, which it has no reason not to be. Just gotta get him past his bases. Kellam to cover Str/Def or Lon'Qu to cover Speed are best for it.
:phone:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Boss as in amazing, yes.

Also I had to restart because I'm playing on the pre-installed version!

Oh well. Remade my avatar with +Magic -Defence, as I found his offensive growths lacking with +speed -luck

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Bosses don't level lol.

Donny has Aptitude as a skill, gives him +20 on all growths.

And that kicks the **** out of Edward, what are you even talking about?

Top Bottom