• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So playing radiant dawn...

Doing terrible taking 15 turns every chapter (problem when trying to force every single kill onto Nolan, Micaich, and Ilyana)

Now i'm at endgame with promoted Nolan, Ilyana (+2 magic, speed, an resistance), and Laura (master seal her at level 17 as she capped skill/speed and was 19 magic.. Whatevers) she got to level 12 naturally due to how long i was taking cause i didn't want to risk losing good level ups and cause i kept MISSING WITH ILYANA and sometimes Nolan. Got her to 17 through the little bexp i had. Also my Micaich was level 20 by chapter 7

God damn Ilyana is hard to use in hard mode. I don't know Ilyana's speed growth, but she had 19 speed at level 19, once she could double things with 16 speed, things went uphill with her. (She started at 15 speed due to stat transfer)

I believe my Micaich is speed blessed.. 16 speed at level 20.. My last run she had 17 speed once she promoted to tier 3..

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Game is being sold already in Canada. This is at EB and Best Buy afaik.

Edit: Only in some areas, apparently for now

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm almost jealous, except this game is going to be a gift so I'm waiting until the ninth regardless. :/

So in the meantime I'm trying to figure out what I will be doing with my unit/avatar, I'm thinking +spd -def, but I'm not sure. Maybe +mag.

There are a lot of options, I'll probably stick with Grandmaster but I have no idea what I will do with skills yet.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Got mine. Art book's snazzy, I can post photos of it on request. Starting my run now, decided to start on Hard, rather than bust my balls on Lunatic on the first run.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Game is being sold already in Canada. This is at EB and Best Buy afaik.

Edit: Only in some areas, apparently for now
Holy **** I really hope this applies in BC. I'm going to see if I can find out now; all I know is that it applies in Halifax. (Raz you lucky sono***un)

Edit: Censors are hilarious. I'm leaving it there so others can appreciate how silly that is. ^.^

:005:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
You're making the wait hard Raziek. :(

The artbook looks nice. It's small, but it's not like I expect all pre-order artbooks to be like Persona 4's.

I love rough sketches, so I'm glad to see it's not all just in-game portraits or something.

I'm also a little curious what you are doing with your avatar, what's your best and worst stat and if you are planing on any specific class?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Thanks for the scans, Raziek. I'm jealous that you're able to get the game. Although it could be worse like for Europe.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If you guys have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer what I can.

Initial Impressions:

Game itself is absolutely beautiful, both in cutscenes and in battle.

And pairing up/adjacent battle support is godlike.

Edit: @Rutger: Male, Red Hair (Gotta pass that **** down), +Speed, -Luck, will probably stay as Tactician for a while. Candidates for a switch will likely be Swordmaster, Wyvern Lord.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
-luck loses -1 in str/magic though :(

This is why i will go +str/-def

Gonna grandmaster my first run. I'll do falconknight my 2nd run

+speed be broke if you change to swordmaster/assassin.. 50 speed cap

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Edit: @Rutger: Male, Red Hair (Gotta pass that **** down), +Speed, -Luck, will probably stay as Tactician for a while. Candidates for a switch will likely be Swordmaster, Wyvern Lord.
I didn't even think about passing down hair color. :/

-Luck looks like a good choice, but I can't bring myself to hurt my strength or magic with it. I can't argue with +speed, especially when you need to have +5 on your opponent to double.

I want to know when I can get a Sol Katti for my Swordmaster, that 50 crit looks nice. Hopefully it will make up for the loss of their natural crit bonus.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Obviously that will be my only option.

I wanted -HP but that also hurts my Str and Mag caps. -Def might help me get below half HP quicker so I can start activating Vantage and Wrath.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Now i wonder if weapon might will be doubled or tripled for effective damage.. Really hope its doubled given my favorite class

Looked it up... Tripled... Blaaah. Wyverns better be hurt by arrows this time. /salt

And crossbows better be gone

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Kinda sad instant op skill isn't there
resolve

Inb4itsonbosses

Looking at the artwork, Tiamo is called Cordelia?! Thats a drastic change in a name.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Picking a flaw is hard. Everything will reduce at least one of Str, Spd, or Def, and growth bonuses at least for Spd and Str/Def are mutually exclusive, so you can't cover for your flaw with your strength; at least one of those will be reduced. =[

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Is there a no strength/flaw option?

If you're planning on not relying on magic later on, you can always go +speed/-magic

You lose 1 speed in your cap (thus meaning 49 speed is highest) but you keep your defense.

Lowering the growth rate by 10% is a pretty big deal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Is there a no strength/flaw option?

If you're planning on not relying on magic later on, you can always go +speed/-magic

You lose 1 speed in your cap (thus meaning 49 speed is highest) but you keep your defense.

Lowering the growth rate by 10% is a pretty big deal
I'm pretty sure there is no such option. I certainly don't remember anything like it in the demo. I know you can not pick the same stat as your asset and flaw, which probably would have been the easiest way to pick nothing.

I imagine +HP -Luck might be one of the most well rounded options(or maybe -Def if you want to be more focused on attacking(+HP -Def sounds like a strange pick now that I think about it.))

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Can't pick no strength/flaw.

Also supports are back to what they used to be, and you get like a BILLION OF THEM! Unlimited supports with the restriction of only 1 S-rank, and they all have conversations.

Also my avatar is totally gonna get it on with Cordelia. Redhead sex goddess Pegasus Knight with 60 strength growth that births a Mercenary who's just as hot?

IN THERE LIKE SWIMWEAR, BABY!
:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Glad Raziek was able to get the game yesterday. Seems like street date's back on in Canada lol

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The knowledge that I had a chance to get this game a week early and missed it is currently eating away at my soul. ;-; I'm trying to numb the pain by listening to the soundtrack, but it isn't helping much...

It also prompted me to do another run through the demo on Lunatic mode, which ended in Chrom dying at the beginning of Ch. 1 to a 1% Archer crit followed by a 39% Hammer hit. It knows that no matter how it treats me, I'll keep coming back~

It also prompted me to do another run through the demo on Lunatic mode, which ended in Chrom dying at the beginning of Ch. 1 to a 1% Archer crit followed by a 39% Hammer hit. It knows that no matter how it treats me, I'll keep coming back~

This collapse box represents your inner true feelings about what happened.

Top Bottom