• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'd love to do a Swordmaster run, learning they apparently don't have a natural crit bonus is sad though.

Still, if I allow myself to get skills from other classes, Lon'qu with Lance Slayer sounds like it could be fun.

A Pegasus run is sounding fun too.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Swordmaster with no natural crit?!?!?

They better have taken natural crit out completely then cause that's not fair! Swordmaster crit is like the signature of that class too :(

As for solo class runs.. I'm gonna say for it to work.. Either you use anyone who can become said class and by a certain point you lock everyone to that class... Or there is no using characters until you can class change them immediately.

On another note, i think there needs to be a video of every class using astra.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I have realized something... My Unit can alter his stat caps...

He can be a breserker with 54 str cap...

A general with 54 def cap..

Or a swordsmaster/assassin/(falcon knight if you take the +2 speed skill) with 50 speed.

OP

Sadly to not reduce str/speed you have to take a hit in your def and go -3def/-1res/-1luck. Increasing str gives you +2 def so you'd have a net total of +4str/+2skill/-1luck/-1def/-1res

For those who can forgo -1 in str/magic can opt for a flaw in luck in order to keep their bulk.

Magic focus My unit can go +magic/-str pretty easily +4magic/-3str/-1skill/+2speed/-1def/

Speed focus is the hardest one to do.. Cause speed boosts skill and luck on the side -.- and to not reduce speed/str/magic you have to take -3 def... If you have full faith as being a dodge tank, then go ahead and forgo 3 def, otherwise you might want to opt for -luck and take the -1str/-1magic

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
All right, my hype is not going to die down anytime soon...

But I NEED info, is it a SRPG? A dungeon crawler? I'm hoping SRPG, it will probably work better for a crossover.

Is it strictly main SMT games? I wouldn't mind, but I see the SMT if main character, and that game is technically part of the Persona 1 & 2 universe.

How did this even happen? I never would have expected this crossover.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I thought I was done losing my ****.

[yt]6GxUMMGyZcM[/yt]

I don't even care if it isn't completely relevant to this thread, this audience will appreciate it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wooooow...

So the 2nd vid is from the makers of xenoblade right? I saw mechas and was like... Damn Wii U looking tight now...

Fire emblem crossover should be on the 3ds :(... So i can get it

Turns out every character has assets and flaws... Dang, that means there are swordmasters with 49 speed and dem axe users with 50+ str

Nvm My unit being Op xD but i will enjoy making My Unit the op unit with all 5 slayer options and the half damage options as well in another run.

Anyone know if bexp still exists or not?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I never even heard of Shin-Megami Tensei until today and I'm hyped for this crossover.

Pre-ordered Awakening a week ago, and now this? Awesome.

I'm not too happy about this. I do not believe it will be a true title or successor to either of them. Pokemon had something similar to this in the cross over with Dynasty Warriors in the title Pokemon Conquest. Most likely this will not really be a true fire emblem game that we enjoyed.

But, I might be surprised. At the very least, its somethign new from Nintendo after so long. They needed to have done more of these merges with other parties on titles a long time ago. I mean, Smash4 and the Tekken fighter?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Of course it's not going to be a new Fire Emblem.

But we are getting Awakening in in a couple weeks.

As a fan of both series I am looking forward towards what they make and how they will mix. I trust Atlus when it comes to games I enjoy and Intelligent Systems looks to be at there best with FE after FE13.

Though this is a really bizarre crossover, but I'm too much of a fan of both to not be hyped.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm playing Shadow Dragon in anticipation for Awakening. The two games being in the same continuity and all.

Playing Hard Mode for the first time. Boss abusing's fun. Cain and Navarre are looking to be the team Aces.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So for this PoR run.. I'm using Marcia, Astrid, Oscar, Keiran, Jill, and Tanith

Holy crap i finish chapters so fast. All three paladins use bows and Astrid picked up axes.

I never liked using paladins before this run. As I pretty much used fliers for all my mobility needs. Having paladin support, though mainly in particular its the fact they all use bows, makes it that much easier for Marcia and Jill to sweep the map.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
THAT FEEL WHEN YOU GET LEVEL 19 90 EXP AND Ashnard IS THE LAST PERSON ALIVE

Sorry Oscar, no +str, skill, speed, and def for you in the data transfer

So yea just for fun, my top 5 in my hard PoR run i just finished:

5th Ike 70 kills
4th Mia 91 kills
3rd Oscar 101 kills
2nd Ilyana 105 kills
1st Marcia 110 kills

My Marcia capped HP, str, skill, speed, defense, and resistance. With the help of stat boosters. (That raven pirate chapter giving 2 +7 HP boosters helped with that)

camerino1

Smash Lord
In one of my playthroughs of RD, Ilyana and Ranulf maxed everything before/on level 20/40. I think Ilyana maxed everything at 18 and Ranulf got it at 40. I've never had a character max everything in any of the GBA ones though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Laura will max everything.... LIKE YOU WILL HAVE EMPTY LEVEL UPS MAX EVERYTHING. Without the help of stat boosters and stuff..

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
True stuff, Laura is a monster.

I had her killing stuff with a staff in Chapter 4-...2? The one where you're with Elincia and Tibarn and the woods.

She capped everything during that chapter at 20/20/14or15.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its ok guys, Laura at leasts caps her speed compared to our other light magic users.. Well there is always Oliver too...

For whats its worth, Laura can still nosferatu tank end game :(..

Oh and Resolve makes any unit OP so for me I put resolve on Laura (though i take it off once i get blessed nosferatu)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Micaiah can easily cap speed with BEXP thanks to how quickly she caps Mag/Luck/Res at both second and third tier.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Except she's forced regardless, so you may as well.

Even if you don't she's still useful for Nosferatu tanking, Purge sniping and staff usage as a physic/fortify/matrona/ashera staff bot.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Which is what i use her for! And to give Laura TWO blessed light tomes :)

In my half my team could use staves run, i did not even fear taking return damage from asherna cause i was passing around fortify staves like it was a donation box. (Cause no one wants to use it and wants to attack instead!)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Or you could bring a Royal or better Beorc unit instead of Laura. :troll:

I know where you're coming from, as I prefer to do "No Royals" runs whenever I do RD, but objectively it's a sub-optimal strategy, haha.

I never tried much self imposed restrictions until I tried having someone pick my units for me or I do did a draft. The games got really fun trying to use unit you wouldn't normally use always.

------------

I haven't played radiant dawn for awhile. When does Micaiah stop being useful? Even on Hard Mode, I found Micaiah reaching level 17-20 by the end of part 1.

I believe she can easily get kills early on when you have to forceably choke point the first couple of chapters and edward or Nolan is too weak to KO the enemy in one round of combat. Thus, she can get easy KOs that way. Even when she cannot get KOs, she can usually get experience with weakening with light magic or healing allies for that like 1hp point and get the 10 exp.

By chapter 2, she gets Thani which will be immensely useful against KOing knights (free boss kill on chapter 2; 1 level). Then you have the laguz chapter which she puts in a nice chunk of damage on them without risk when other units risk getting 2HKO back by the laguz. A few kills there possibly.

Chapter 5 you can put her on the ledge and start getting damage/KOs by attacking the archers which cannot hurt her. Chapter 6 has more armor people and you finally get paragon which no one other than Zihark, Volug, Tauroneo, and Micaiah can use until someone else promotes. Near exclusive usage on it possibly.

From there its she can still find little uses here and there for knight slaying, 20 exp sacrifice usage or light magic weakening. But once you get into part 1 and she promotes, she cannot do sh** other than healing and 5 uses of purge.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I assume you meant Part 3 at the end there, but otherwise I agree with what you've said for the most part.

:phone:

Top Bottom