• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
The Marth/First DLC is up, and it's free.

But I guess this only matters to Raziek, because you need to download it through the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know what's funny?

In my first FE4 playthrough, I coupled Levin with Sylvia.

Imagine my face when I'm waiting for my Holsety gen 2 Mage, and Corple jumps in as a level 1 preist.

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Source on this?

GAF and GameFAQs, basically from the same people that revealed the street date being gone. US also had the street date lifted, but there were no copies in stock at the time. I think my store has their shipment in now, but they said I have to wait until next week.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The knowledge that I had a chance to get this game a week early and missed it is currently eating away at my soul. ;-; I'm trying to numb the pain by listening to the soundtrack, but it isn't helping much...

It also prompted me to do another run through the demo on Lunatic mode, which ended in Chrom dying at the beginning of Ch. 1 to a 1% Archer crit followed by a 39% Hammer hit. It knows that no matter how it treats me, I'll keep coming back~

:005:
You call this bad luck? I was playing radiant dawn on hard mode and then after 7 or so resets for a chapter, I'm about to finish the chapter and my power goes out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yup. Like, missing with 98% chance of hitting? And theres people saying the Skill stat doesnt matter. :rolleyes:

I only completely trust I hit if the hit rate is 100%.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yup. Like, missing with 98% chance of hitting? And theres people saying the Skill stat doesnt matter. :rolleyes:

I only completely trust I hit if the hit rate is 100%.

I forget which ones, but in some of the FE's you can miss on displayed 100%, you just have to roll 100 twice.

1/10000 chance.

Also, got my first perfect level. Donnel's very first level got every stat.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I decided to play the Demo on Lunatic again, I was doing well after managing to get out of a few tight spots.

Then 9% critical from the prologue boss. :(

Guess that's what I get for trying to let Chrom do all the work for more exp.

camerino1

Smash Lord
In RD when you have Tauroneo just sitting there on that ledge by himself. He keeps hailing javelins down on them... takes a hit. You feel safe, everyone only has a 5-15% chance. Gets hit again. You're worried, but Nolan needs healing instead, so you Physic him. Tauroneo gets hit by a critical and just barely dies, while Nolan dodges everything that was thrown at him with their 40-55% hit chances. I <3 FE.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
RD is a lot more fun if you play it on Normal Mode. At least, it's that way for me. I think it's the only FE I've played so far where I prefer Normal Mode to Hard.

Maybe I'm just a super casual. :awesome:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I enjoy RD hard mode...

The only thing i don't like of RD is the availability of some characters. Crimea needed more chapters. Or at least a 2 good leveling chapters to get them to level 15. If anything they needed 1 or 2 more chapters in part 3.

If anything instead of being other units in that one chapter, the crimean army shoulda been blue for the sake of making them more playable :/ (except Elinicia just so you can't make her fight)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Don't hate on RD yo.

Also, ch. 5 on Hard in Awakening is busting my balls, so many Wyvern Knights.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In RD when you have Tauroneo just sitting there on that ledge by himself. He keeps hailing javelins down on them... takes a hit. You feel safe, everyone only has a 5-15% chance. Gets hit again. You're worried, but Nolan needs healing instead, so you Physic him. Tauroneo gets hit by a critical and just barely dies, while Nolan dodges everything that was thrown at him with their 40-55% hit chances. I <3 FE.
Fire Emblem at it's best. :smirk: Tauroneo has Resolve though, so he shouldn't really ever die till Part 4. Unless you take it from him.

Also, RD was cool. But even I prefer it on Normal Mode. Even FE6 Hard Mode is less tedious and nerve breaking than FE:RD.

I'm sure it gets better after Part 1, but **** I miss map saves and checking out on enemy movement. I still don't get why the hell they removed those functions in Hard Mode.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh just as a warning for you guys, reinforcements in Hard Mode show at the START of the turn, just like they did in FE6 Hard.

Fair warning.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm pretty sure it was like that in FE6 normal mode too.

Well they just did on a normal mode trial map for me at least.

That's good to know, actually I kind of like that for the harder modes, better than something pointless like removing the ability to see the enemies range.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Since Awakening isn't out in the US yet, been playing through Shadow Dragon for the first time.
Now I know what you guys meant about it. Really bare bones. Besides the prologue and gaiden chapters, everything is the same from FE3. Quite a step back.

Just need to make sure I finish this before I get Awakening though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Fortunately they realized that was dumb, and we still have the range toggle in Hard mode.
How are the skirmishes in Hard mode.

I've heard you can't really use them to grind on the Lunatics because of enemy levels, but how difficult/common are they on hard mode?
Since Awakening isn't out in the US yet, been playing through Shadow Dragon for the first time.
Now I know what you guys meant about it. Really bare bones. Besides the prologue and gaiden chapters, everything is the same from FE3. Quite a step back.

Just need to make sure I finish this before I get Awakening though.
I never made it far into Shadow Dragon, but now that it's possible to play FE12 in English I probably will one day.

I did decide to try to play through FE4, I don't know if I will finish it before Awakening is out.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
reinforcements at start of enemy turn... I hate that.. Really no planning against that besides knowing about it before hand -.-;;

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Reinforcements usually show up from certain places, the edge of the map, stairs, forts and stuff. I can't say how it will work in Awakening, but you can keep your fragile units away from those places or surrounded by durable units, you can also pair up in this game which will probably help out a ton with weaker units in general.

It shouldn't be impossible, some bosses might even be nice enough to mention when they will start to show up.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
How are the skirmishes in Hard mode.

I've heard you can't really use them to grind on the Lunatics because of enemy levels, but how difficult/common are they on hard mode?
I've only found one so far, and gold is hard enough to comeby that you can't just super-grind.

You can also buy a very expensive item to summon one. (4800g I think it was)
Reinforcements usually show up from certain places, the edge of the map, stairs, forts and stuff. I can't say how it will work in Awakening, but you can keep your fragile units away from those places or surrounded by durable units, you can also pair up in this game which will probably help out a ton with weaker units in general.

It shouldn't be impossible, some bosses might even be nice enough to mention when they will start to show up.
This is pretty much right.

They came out of forts which you can actively block to prevent them from coming out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm curious, are you able to grind in this game?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
From what it sounds like, it will be hard to grind efficiently outside of Normal mode, but some of the DLC chapters are made for grinding.

However we do not know when those DLC chapters will be released.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
dlc chapters are for just before endgame right?

Guess it could help you get all your strong units to 20/20 but wouldn't help you keep everyone up to speed through the whole game

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

zyth

Smash Lord
Tomorroooooooooooooooooooooooooow. get hype ppl. Im goin broke for this game. definetly cant wait for Roys DLC tho

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fire Emblem awakening is already available in the eshop. But I think I'll still wait to get a physical copy...Maybe not tomorrow as the game store I'll be going to has the policy to never order a game until it's been released

Top Bottom