• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

This is actually quite the deal. 180 DS, XL as I want, and the game for only 20 dollars? I should probably jump on this chance or wait another decade like I did with xbox lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's not an XL. You're saving 10 dollars off of the game, but it is a digital copy.
Honestly there have been better deals in general for the 3DS. I think the Mario Kart XL bundle could be gotten for 130 dollars at one point.
Still, you should get it anyways. It's limited and it looks cool.

Also, I preordered it today at Gamestop. That bundle is mine. Still undecided on buying a physical copy just because.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLfmFibF_5I

So the Avatar/My Unit seems to only have three voice options. We lose one voice and the silent protagonist option, it might be safe to assume that switching to Japanese still leaves us with three.

I'm disappointed that we have lost anything, but this looks pretty minor. I'm still more worried about getting all of the spotpass/DLC stuff, which is far more important than some voice options.

I don't know why they would do this though, maybe space issues? Oh well, I don't know if we will ever get an answer from Nintendo on this. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6rOUFEeFKU

The English VA do not seem to be laughably bad, which is surprising for Nintendo imo.

I'm glad to see them stepping up on this.

I am incredibly salty that I already own a 3DS...

:005:
I'm considering changing my style. Instead of buying Nintendo stuff new when it comes out for the first time, I'll just wait. They usually never have anythign great at release. And they seem to ALWAYS release upgrades. Except in the case of the wii where it lost the backwards compatibility.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm thinking doing a recording of my first play through in fire emblem awakening. (Using a camera to just record the screen, seems to be ok quality wise)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Demo is out!

Edit:
You can't play on Classic in the Demo. :p

At least we get Normal, Hard, Lunatic.

Also, there's only 30 uses for the demo.

No Avatar customization, only Male.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Lunatic on the two maps in the demo is a survival and tactics test like the other FE's. It took me 7 tries of playing without losing someone. >.< :phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I don't own a 3ds, i meant in the actual release. Cause if hard mode was available from the start, i'd go man mode and play the hardest mode for my first playthrough.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I believe Lunatic+ is the only mode that needs to be unlocked.

Anyways, I still need to try Lunatic but I think I will start on Hard when I get the game, it seems like a nice difficulty. I really like the dual and pair up mechanics, it looks like they will be fun to use.

I actually like the voice acting so far, I think I may leave it on English for my first playthrough.

The two chapters have really left me wanting more, can't wait to get the full game.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Wow, Lunatic does not mess around. I should have looked around to find out that guy had a hammer.

Well at least I learned that if I try to pair a character that can heal up with someone by hovering the cursor over them I will get a heal instead, sorry Lissa. :/

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i tried to do a practice run recording me playing on a ds... My god its hard and i'm nervous when talking ahahaha. I need some pointers on what to do. Also i tried using iphone to record, while the recording isn't bad.. Its just bad every now and then as it gets to bright and then it settles down.. Gonna borrow my sister's camera and then see how that fares.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
All right, beat the demo on Lunatic. Three tries, not bad.

I just needed to give Frederick the Bronze Sword and not have bad luck against the guy with the Hammer, there may be a better strategy for the last one but I figured I would take the 17~% chance.

I'll still start on Hard when I get the game, I want more freedom in what characters I can use on my first run.

I wonder if this localization will send over the Lunatic+ mode that the japanese version had.

If anyone is familiar at all with FE12, this mode had lunatic mode that was true to its name of "lunatic". Possibly the hardest mode in the entire series at the time, but then they had to go and give FE12 the Lunatic Reverse. It had the difficult of FE12 Lunatic, but all enemies had vantage on them. Therefore, they would always attack first in an engagement before you could attack.

Well, FE13 has a similar mode which has been fan dubbed as Lunatic+. Its the same as Lunatic in FE13, but all enemies randomly have the chance to be assigned one or multiple of the following skills:
Accuracy +10: +10 to accuracy always
Vantage+: Always attacks first in a battle.
Luna+: Every attack will ignore half enemies defence/resistance.
Absolute Hit: An attack will always hit.
GreatShield+: Half damage from sword/lance/axe/beaststone
Holy Shield+: Half damage from bow, tomes, and dragonstones.

So, imagine having an enemy having vantage and luna. It will always attack first, but negate half your defence. Or an enemy with greatshield and holy shield and all damage is reduced by half. Not only this, but it gets randomized with each chapter reset. Therefore not all battles can be played in the same way.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
That sounds absolutely brutal. o.0 And I thought Lunatic was unforgiving itself...

Edit: Finally beat the demo on Lunatic mode. Ch. 1 was giving me hell until I discovered how godlike the Frederick/Chrom double team is. When I first played through the Prologue, I kinda shrugged double mode aside because of stuff like separating using up the turn of both units and the fact that the second unit won't always attack, but the stat bonuses were huge in dealing with the Risen, which decimate pretty much everybody otherwise. Chrom got +4 each in Str and Def when he was active, and Frederick got a +3 Spd bonus which let him double attack most of the enemies. I just parked them on a fort, let the enemies bounce off Frederick, and switched to Chrom to deal with the Hammer guy (he was able to 2-shot him thanks to the bonuses, and the Def bonus + fort + WTA had him taking something like 6 damage with a 35% hit rate), and Frederick was able to 1-round the boss. I didn't get much use out of everybody else, but I did have Sully double with Virion for Str/Def bonuses, and they lured the archer away to pick it off.

This game is going to be amazing~

I have not seen anything related to that topic at all. I imagine there will be one, but not for another year. FE awakening came out this past year. New games usually don't show up for like 3 years or so with FE. At least another game to look forward too when playing all these other crappy WiiU games are over with.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'm probably going to go with Hard difficulty for my first playthrough, just to experience the game without pulling my hair out, then I'll do a Lunatic mode run for the challenge as my second playthrough.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
They should shift everything around..

Normal to easy, hard to normal, lunatic to hard, and lunatic+ to lunatic

So i was playing HHM to practice a bit and through my RNG abusive nature i have (playing on gba too) i noticed from hours of restarts on trying to get the RNG right there are 3 sets of RNG randomly picked during the restart. I could easily tell because the stats of the enemies were different each time and i noticed 3 differences in total... The thing is this also was affecting the guys you can recruit (i noticed Raven had 3 different sets of base stats to pick from in particular)

I thought this stuff was supposed to be constant?..

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That should only happen if you reset before the start of the chapter. If you save at the preparations screen it should remain constant.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I usually don't end up finishing a fire emblem game because I want to unlock every character and don't like any of my party dying. Because of that, I usually get stuck on some level that requires something weird and just never finish that level

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You must hate fire emblem 7 cause it makes you pick between 2 characters... Twice (meaning you can't get 2 characters, and getting them means giving up the better option)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So apparently you can't preorder the standalone game at GS now. All of their orders have been filled at the moment. That's great news (for Nintendo).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So considering awakening has class changing... Depending on how soon you can do it.. I'm so doing a pegasus knight only run later on

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So apparently you can't preorder the standalone game at GS now. All of their orders have been filled at the moment. That's great news (for Nintendo).
I pre-ordered early yesterday, I'm so glad I did.

Amazon also mentions a potential delay, so I guess Nintendo underestimated this game's popularity, or something.

I hope things go smoothly on release day. :/
So considering awakening has class changing... Depending on how soon you can do it.. I'm so doing a pegasus knight only run later on
And then Dark Pegasus for that Lightning Speed skill. :3

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Both pegasus knight promotes are very nice. I'm very sad they took out swords from falcon knights, but that was really only an issue when con mattered. Falcon knights with their natural gain of a +2 speed skill are tied for fastest units in the game. Only way to be faster is to have an assassin or swordmaster who used to be a pegasus knight.

Also, i've decided.. Tiamo is my favorite character.

With 2 class changes.. She can be a pegasus knight with bow slayer. Now how Op would that be? (Given mercenaries have crappy skills, class changing straight to bow knight then back yo your promoted pegasus knight choice would work best)

She also has the choice of going axe slayer instead. Pretty much nullifying either of the two weaknesses you'd deal with.

Oh i forgot wind magic... BUT SHE CAN BECOME A DARK MAGE AND GET MAGIC SLAYER TOO!!

Uber babied Tiamo for most OP unit for end game stuff

Top Bottom