• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I just beat Sacred Stones (went through Ephraim's story).

Ephraim, Eirika, Seth, and Garcia were the only ones that lived because I fail at strategy games :p
.... you really do if that is serious. I suggest learning the board game chess.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That works too. Once you know how to at least force a tie in tic tac toe you should be go to go in trying chess. Basically you need to be able to read where the opponent will put his piece. (and reading AI is pretty easy in fire emblem, you only do bad when you don't anticipate what can happen)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
>Get to Chapter 3-2 in FE10
>Get the Silver Card and stock up on Bronze weapons
>Lure the Dragonmaster boss away from his location with a few units with at least 25 Defense and some Vulneraries
>Tank hits until his Short Axe wears out
>Get over to where the boss started
>Steal the Statue Frag the Bishop is holding with Heather, give it to Soren.
>Have fun ramming everyone up to 3rd tier by Rescuing Mist or Rolf and Priest abusing the poor Bishop.

I wonder if it's possible to get all the non-laguz units to 20/20/20 by the Endgame. At least, I'm going to attempt to find out.

zyth

Smash Lord
I think how good a unit is in FE10 depends on the chapter. Someone's strength in a chapter can change depending on the number of enemies and terrain and whatnot.

Like, Mordecai will most likely sit and collect dust if you have no preference for him, but damn, will he save your *** in Part 2 Endgame with that 32 Defense of his. Place him at the left chokepoint and stuff with Olivi Grass and you won't have to worry about that side for the rest of the chapter.
I put Haar in that corner. nuff said

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I place Haar at the either of the two right chokeholds. Equip him with two Hand Axes and he'll pick off everyone who targets him.

Plus it helps to have him close to the enemy General with the Silver Greatlance, so he can trade it from Geoffrey or whoever once the Royal Knights arrive. Having a clutch weapon like that for some of the Part 3 chapters comes in handy.

I got everyone but Rhys and Mist to 3rd tier from that Priest abusing, Rhys because Ellight ran out, and Mist because I want to see her recruitment dialogue for Jill in 3-7, but she can't get anywhere in that chapter is she's on horseback.

zyth

Smash Lord
just finished 3-6. That level is incredibly frustrating when your only playable ppl are sothe Micaiah Jill and Edward. and sothe and jill always have at least a 75% chance of gettin hit by the tigers. Edward was the saving grace of that level, with only a 50% chance of getting hit out of bushes, WITHOUT Caladbolg. I probly wouldnt have beaten that lv if Jill hadnt gotten a brave axe either....

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
just finished 3-6. That level is incredibly frustrating when your only playable ppl are sothe Micaiah Jill and Edward. and sothe and jill always have at least a 75% chance of gettin hit by the tigers. Edward was the saving grace of that level, with only a 50% chance of getting hit out of bushes, WITHOUT Caladbolg. I probly wouldnt have beaten that lv if Jill hadnt gotten a brave axe either....
Zihark x Volug have between 20%-40% chance of getting hit depending on their biorythm. The trick is to position Sothe up north near the water so only one Laguz can attack him each round and Micaiah stays behind him and heals. Jill can Brave Axe untransformed units and retreat quickly and Micaiah keeps Sothe alive or heals NPC units if Sothe is doing fine. Zihark x Volug can take the right side on their own as long as they have at least B-Level support [I even had A-Level which made them not take a single hit during the entire chapter!] ^_^

Those Tigers really have a lot of hit % though.

:059:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Stupid Berserk Staff Druid hitting Canas with about a 30% and Canas killing Priscilla. :mad088:

Well, out side of some carelessness on my part like not bringing a Restore on my first try at the final chapter, FE7 HM was easy. :/

Now I have HHM unlocked but I want to do something different, so I think I will do a FE9 HM and FE10 HM run through. Any suggestions for data transfer? I'll be using Mia because of bias, but anything else that might be good?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Not related to fire emblem besides genre but anyone getting the pokemon conquest game that came out today? I'm wondering if its good.

After hearing the soundtrack and glancing over videos of the game, I say it has it's own unique charm.

Not sure how I feel about the complaints of simplicity though. Apparently Pokemon can only have one move.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Any suggestions for data transfer? I'll be using Mia because of bias, but anything else that might be good?
Laguz generally don't hit caps in FE9 so there's no point in going for a transfer bonus there. The rest depends on what you wanna do with the bonus - do you want to use the +2s from FE9 to make bad units in FE10 less bad? In that case Ilyana, Jill, Marcia, Nephenee and Makalov are particularly good picks [they are all bad in FE10 HM but probably benefit a lot from the boosts]. Otherwise almost everybody who is likely to hit caps in FE9 works fine ...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Jill will greatly appreciate the 5 HP boost from data transfer, so she can charge up in 1-6-2 and serve as a shield for Fiona and the hostages and not die in the process.

:phone:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Laguz generally don't hit caps in FE9 so there's no point in going for a transfer bonus there. The rest depends on what you wanna do with the bonus - do you want to use the +2s from FE9 to make bad units in FE10 less bad? In that case Ilyana, Jill, Marcia, Nephenee and Makalov are particularly good picks [they are all bad in FE10 HM but probably benefit a lot from the boosts]. Otherwise almost everybody who is likely to hit caps in FE9 works fine ...

It's been so long since I last played FE9/10 that these playthroughs will be essentially blind as far as what happens in the chapters, add in that I've never played FE10 HM so I don't really know how I'll use characters.

I probably will not change my strategy too much for FE9(though I guess I need to use Sothe?) but if there is anything that is really good then I may want to use it.

Giving some of the weaker characters some bonuses does sound like a good idea though, so I may work in Jill, Ilyana, and maybe Nephenee.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well a lot of the characters that were bad / meh in FE9 are good / decent now [Haar, Zihark, Janaff, Ulki, Ranulf, Gatrie, Shinon, Elincia] and vice versa [Jill, Nephenee, Boyd, Volke, Marcia, horsebacks minus Oscar / Titania] so it's not like you can just use the same characters plus Sothe.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
so it's not like you can just use the same characters plus Sothe.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm not going to focus too much on transfers, however if there is anyone that really benefits from the bonuses they can get then I may work them into my FE9 run.

I guess that is all I would like to know about transfers. :/

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sothe will definitely enjoy the potential 20 Defense he can get, especially in Hard Mode.

Raising Sothe to get his stats up in PoR can be a pain in the ***, but if you stock up on Knives and use cornering techniques to pitch Sothe 1 on 1 against a healer on standby, he can get his levels up. His low strength at level 1 means that he'll get into more scuffles against enemies, which means he'll get much more experience than if he killed an enemy in the first fight, and even once his strength goes way up, which it should given his Blossom skill, by that point the enemies' defense should be high enough that Sothe will engage in the same number of fights, but now he'll have a Speed and Luck stat to give him a decent Avoid rate. If you can get his strength up a good amount that he'll damage Muarim, he'll reap tons of experience, provided that Mist or Rhys are there to keep his health in check.

I raised Sothe up in the last 2 PoR files I did. He got to level 20 before Ike promoted to a lord in the Normal file, and to level 20 before Ike fought Ena in Hard Mode, and no one else slagged behind, with Oscar, Ike, Kieran, and Mia reaching 20/20 and capping several stats themselves. It's meticulous, but possible.

zyth

Smash Lord
u can also BEXP sothe....in PoR the Bexp doesnt limit stat increases to only 3 stats. the downside is you might get a **** you level-up where no stat increases. Happened too my rolf oscar and soren about 3 times ._.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I kinda hate PoR data transfer.. it feels like cheating and all of a sudden the game isn't try hard anymore due to some characters having +2 in stats.

Blah Marcia, why did you have to have a bad start in FE10? You'd be such an awesome unit otherwise :[

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
FE10's hard mode is SUPER easy.

I'm trolling the game so hard atm by using Kurth as a meatshield in 1-3 and I'll be killing enemies with Heron's and I'm using Meg.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I kinda hate PoR data transfer.. it feels like cheating and all of a sudden the game isn't try hard anymore due to some characters having +2 in stats.
I feel like it's legitimate to give Jill some boosts though because she messes 1-6 HM up too much.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
My Jill bias comes from having a Jill who transferred HP, str, skl, SPd, def.

Also, Pokemon Conquest is awesome, but the difficulty is pretty low. It will require artificial challenges like "warlords only", type locking, only 4 into battle instead of 6, or something like that.

FE10's hard mode is SUPER easy.

I'm trolling the game so hard atm by using Kurth as a meatshield in 1-3 and I'll be killing enemies with Heron's and I'm using Meg.
All Fe games when done for completion except for a few do not feel too difficult. They only feel hard when done for rank or some player difficulty. Fe12 lunatic reverse or the new Fe13 lunatic I think are only hard for completion.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Blah.. I figured pokemon would be easy thats why I had to ask :/

Is the story good? That could make me bare with doing self inposed challenges. (i actually like FE7's story so i've played it a lot. Supports made it better)

zyth

Smash Lord
what about shadow dragon? i tried ndco u ltar and couldnt kill a thief with my armorlance in part 1. i cant imagine what the harder difficulties beyond that would be like

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
what about shadow dragon? i tried ndco u ltar and couldnt kill a thief with my armorlance in part 1. i cant imagine what the harder difficulties beyond that would be like
Shadow Dragon ard mode is actually quite easy, they just screw you over on the first few chapters and make the next ones harder since you're probably going to lose a character or two.

Blah.. I figured pokemon would be easy thats why I had to ask :/

Is the story good? That could make me bare with doing self inposed challenges. (i actually like FE7's story so i've played it a lot. Supports made it better)
The story is as you would expect from a Pokemon game.

Not really the main focus. It's just standard * Here's big bad guy, now go beat him.*
Game's still addicting though. You can tell character personalities, but there's really no development except for maybe like one character.

Biggest thing is the conquest feature with custimization, You have a very long list of people to recruit, even though they reuse sprites for the standard warriors. There are plenty of unique warlords to recruit. There's also the thing where the pace of evolving pokemon and improving them fits well into the game. It never feels really slow to me imo.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Is it a completely new game and complete? I've been looking for FE hacks recently, and I've only found one that I really enjoyed, but it was incomplete.

zyth

Smash Lord
so the bridge level in FE10 is just annoyin in draft mode...and now its gettin to the point where Haar is just hoggin EXP. so its gonna take a while for pl to get to 3rd tier...

camerino1

Smash Lord
Oh, okay... I'm wanting a new FE story to follow, because I'm out of actual games to play at this point. I've played Tactics Universe, but it's not finished. It was so good though, what had been done...

Top Bottom