• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well i'm assuming the year wait is for voice acting for the English FE. If its euro VAs i'll be sad. If no VAs i'll be mad for this uncalled for wait.

In that Darion Hack. Seth/Orson are still broken. Until you get to chapter 8 and Forde/Kyle/Eprhaim cannot protect themselves against a general, 3 cavaliers and an archer.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'M GOING TO HIT RIEV WITH SLAYER! **** YOU!

Yo, 5x though... I was literally forced to use Orson to kill the Archer for that last Elixer. Ephraim couldn't do it alone.

I'M GOING TO HIT RIEV WITH SLAYER! **** YOU!

Yo, 5x though... I was literally forced to use Orson to kill the Archer for that last Elixer. Ephraim couldn't do it alone.
You didn't hack the game enough. If you had let the miss system work, Ephraim would have lived.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
From what i can tell, some characters were made to be broken really early on and then just become **** later.

Case in point: Colm. Rennac is actually better than him, which is a statement i was almost certain I was never going to make in my life.

I expected as much. Judging from Seth's growths, he is not one of those units.
lv1 hp42 str14 skl16 spd17 lck0 def18 res17
lv11 hp52 str19 skl19 spd23 lck2 def21 res20
Hp100 str 50 skl 30-35 spd50-55 lck20 def30 res30
Something like that.

But you gave me an idea. Assassin Colm/Marisa for Riev later on. I wonder if that could work. This could be a fun mode having to make sure you train a unit in like everything. I wonder what the tower abuse is like.

Did they screw around with promotions at all >_> If Bishop doesn't get C rank on promotion FSDWJEPFOIWPJPO

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Riev has 99 luck. Which means he has over 100% crit avoid. You cant actually silencer him.

Also trust me when i tell you that the majority of units you use will cap all or almost all of their stats by chapter 14-15. But so will the enemies. All of the enemies.

Hmm...That leaves only one option. If he has 99 hp, then Syrene, Vanessa, Tana for a triangle attack and rig a pierce with 10 base damage weapon or higher. But I'm guessing it'll be difficult to get pasted capped enemies in only 2-3 turns. Warp usage!

Okay. You are right. This hack is complete bull****.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Darion's FE8 hack is going to get me fired.

I can't concentrate for plotting on how best to tackle chapters five and six.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
5 was really hard for me until i just decided to straight up give up on a couple of the houses and let the brigands destroy them. Few units in the map actually move unless you're within range so they're easy enough to bait and control. I just started playing again after chapter 5x though so im on 6 now. Its.....difficult to say the least.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Made Nick restart with better planning.

Right now, I'm happy with my decision to go ahead and run Garcia/Ross A and Garcia/Neimi B. He had a 43% crit chance with the Fiendcleaver.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I wouldnt suggest wasting that fiendcleaver. It's going to be VERY helpful later.

Also, ****ing awesome, i just hit load state by accident and now im back at the beginning of chapter 5, so I guess we get to do it together.

Edit: Scratch that, it put me back further than that. I dont remember making a load state during the prologue. I think im done with this game now lol. Not about to remake the hours of arena abuse i did in chapter 5. Have fun with it guys.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It just makes you have to survive Rausten instead of killing him early (unless you use the one method and RNG abuse until you get all three Pegasus Knights surrounding him and proc pierce to kill him).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Oh, I thought you had to kill him from all this talk
I want to. I want his Uber Light.

Moulder the Boulder, a man of broad shoulder. Riev could not be older. One shot, the corpse smolders until it gets colder. Than light tome's new holder, you cannot be bolder. It is none other than Moulder the Boulder.

My chapter 5 strategy was to head east and stall around the stairs for the first few turns. Seth weakened stuff, then my other units got the kills. Neimi is actually a super awesome unit. She has the highest growths I saw out of any unit except Natasha. the only downside is that Neimi gets horrible class options. Either she goes sniper with no 1-direct range (but better caps), or she gets a lower strength cap (23) at the benefit of having swords and +2 movement. Eventually I moved north and managed to get all the brigands to attack Seth.

On chapter 6, I went north around the mountains and dealt with about maybe a dozen units or so. Seth got the boss kill around turn 6 or 7. Most strategies involved simply having Seth do the initial hit to weaken enemies and stuff.

On chapter 8, I had Ephraim get practically all my kills. That lance of his is really needed to KO those generals and paladins and knights.

Chapter 9 is ********. By going Ephraim's route, Tana is in range of a bolting user and there are a plethora of effect staffs. Its possible since you can use restore, but I want to use Tana later on. There is was like 2-3 sleep/berserk users with 25 magic (12 tile range). I settled on Eirika's route since I felt it was doable since there weren't any ****ing staff problems. But sages are near capped levels. 25 resistance, 26-27 magic, 18-20 speed, and the other stats are high. At least they are weak to defence (12 def). The generals are going to be annoying with their like 60+hp and 30 defence.

Oh, and you have to grind in this I believe. You will need the tower. But, the entombed (non-boss) is really stupid in the tower. ~90 hp, 25str, 21 spd, 19 def/res, and 14 luck. This thing is better than even my SETH.

My biggest issue with continuing is I have no idea who are the good units. You can get a guiding ring, orion's bolt, Master Seal, and pegasus whip by chapter 9. That makes it easy to decide who to promote for now. Neimi, a mage/sister/priest, Vanessa, and some other unit. I wish I knew who was the better cavalier forde, kyle, or franz. Franz seems to favor attack/speed/skl, while the others are more well rounded except for a lowish speed that I need near maxed at promotion.

@Ryker: Awesome rapping and rhymes.

144 hp? Ugh. That means I would have to rig two pierce I believe.

In the end, I took a break from all that grinding.

Top Bottom