• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Neimi is super good. When she's standing behind Garcia giving him a B Fire support to go with his Ross A Fire Support.

Kyle is traditionally the best Cav, iirc. He has better defensive growths and comparable offensive growths. Franz, however, received a boost in this hack, I think.

I think all characters received a boost somehow. Promotions are certianly different. Garcia gets +9 hp as warrior lol Natasha did not get any base boosts like others, but she got higher growths to compensate I think.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gilliam's bases didn't change, IIRC. Dunno about growths, but I'm not using him and this is a novel state I find myself in.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Gilliam is my best unit at the moment. I'm doing support chains of Colm, Gilliam, Moulder and Neimi, and Joshua, Artur, Tethys and Gerik. I should have one for Eirika and Ephraim, but I dunno who to put...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I never said I never played it lol. I beat the living **** out of it and I spent way too much time on the first one lol. In fact the first time I played Lost Age I transferred over my GS1 characters and they were broke as **** being level 52 and all.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I cheated in GS:TLA.. Once i reached end game, i used action replay to give me 99999999 exp and i go into a battle and once its over i hold B and turn off the sound while my characters level up to 99 from whatever level they were.

D

Deleted member

I'm playing through it with him. Hung up a bit on finals but should resume tomorrow.

$heen

Smash Ace
This is what happens when you kill things you're not supposed to.

By the way, Tana and Amelia will max their stats really fast.

lol That looks like something you need to KO the demon king.

-Lute is pretty impressive early on, but her growths suck and will not cap everything even at 20/20. At best maybe mag/resistance.
-Neimi gets good growths in pretty much everything, but has bad classes.
-Male paladins get huge caps while female paladin does not. Although, Forde, Kyle, and Franz look like they will not grow into their caps.
-Moulder has horrible luck growth period.
-Gilliam, Ross, Garcia are decent.
-Amelia is spectacular as a general or great knight and will cap everything. Female paladin caps suck.
-I think artur is the best early magic user over natasha, lute, and moulder.
-Hero has a higher cap as well in many stats.
-Marisa sucks except for her recruitment to get you a special weapon.
-Joshua is decent and ewan is great except his luck,defence is lack luster in growth.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Natasha is definitely the best magic user in the hack, though I havent gotten Ewan or Knoll yet. Also sheen pointed out to me that Knoll is now pre-promoted as a Druid, which is awful. Because Summoners clearly are useful in this hack.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Why would you make Knoll a pre-promote? He's useless now in his worst upper tier class. I dunno, I wanted to used him for the summons, but now it's feeling redundant to ever use him.

Can someone link the growth rates? I don't know where I'd go and find them...

I was wondering what they did to summons. I guess I have to have Ewan go the summoner route. Her low defence/magic makes me hesitant. But her speed/luck rack up that evasion.

Edit: Are you talking about the darion hack growths? I have no access to that, nor do I think anyone has one. Its sort of been level everyone I have to level 20 and see who has the better stats at the end.

Chapter 11 (Eirika)
Dozla lv1 hp55 str25 skl20 spd18 lck18 def17 res19 con16
L'arachel lv17 hp34 mag13 skl15 spd16 lck12 def10 res16 con5

Short bow is 1-2 range. Its the double bow of FE:SS.

$heen

Smash Ace
IMO for late game magic users, it goes ewan (summoner) > knoll (for luna)> saleh >lute. The bishops get bonus points for monster battles, but their low speed cap (26), con, and defense put them at risk to being OHKOed by random enemies with 30 speed.

I thought this game was stupid ages ago back at chapter 9. But each new map is a new level of stupid. Chapter 14 now and Carlye getting to use Audhelma. Tons of ranged magic goodies. A druid which can use Crimson Eye (>_>). All enemies are at like 90hp except sages and unpromoted units. Lv30 soldiers lol Rennac is definitely good like you said Pink Reaper. I wonder why two membership cards? Maybe the creator thought you wouldn't be able to get Rennac. Oh, well. A really long chapter with wasting staves and long range attacks :/

I feel like I should max levels now before continuing and maybe getting stuck on the following forced chapter. What's the gorgon level like? I bet the eggs have like 60hp and are ready to pop-out after only a turn.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm enjoying it, but I need to ditch my completionist attitude. I'm keeping a save at relevant chapters, but I'm not doing any arena abuse to see what I can do.

My Erika has a problem. She thinks she's a general. Not even a good general.

"COME! BREAK YOUR WEAPONS ON MY ARMOR!"

Guess I'm doing Ephraim route.

I need a picture of Wallace with Erika's hair.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
How important is Res later on in the game? I'm deciding on what to do with Vanessa, leaning more towards Wyvern Knight. It's better in every way except for Sword Usage (made up for by increased Con) and the Res cap.

$heen

Smash Ace
Res isn't too important late game since most magic users have luna. I would still make her a falcoknight because of the triangle attack and also swords so she can hunt pirates (if any of you played eirika's chapter 9).

The gorgon eggs are unchanged so you can still mine glitch for stone spells and infinite hammernes.

Anyway, I finally beat this hack after about 3 months and I'm pretty sure it takes longer to beat it than it did to make it.

$heen

Smash Ace
Tana has really good growths but horrible stat caps. IIRC I promoted her as a lv 12 pegasus knight and she capped everything as a lv 12 wyvern knight.

Wyvern lords cap at 27 strength and ~28 defense, which is considerably better than Tana's strength cap at 24 and defense at 23. However, wyvern lords speed cap at 23 makes them largely unusable.
So Tana > Cormag. She also makes great use of the swiftsoles.

camerino1

Smash Lord
So, Duessel... is he worth anything? I'm wondering if I should use him and Knoll together and give them an A support. Did anyone else use him?

Top Bottom