• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

$heen

Smash Ace
All those assassins have shamshirs and 50 crit. Gerik with a hoplon guard and Ross with a swordreaver could handle all the enemies that spawn on the bottom.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
So chapter 10 was a *****. Not because of anything in the actual chapter but because Gerik kept dying. I eventually gave in and used a master seal to promote Amelia. Best idea ever, she's ridiculous, easily my MVP even after only one chapter lol.

Anyways I didnt end up doing Xeylode's strategy, instead I bottle-necked the paladins right near the starting point with Amelia and Ross. I had Neimi behind Amelia because her 25 str and 28 speed meant she could double the paladins. I was also far enough away that the Sages would ignore me and attack Innes instead which was actually good for me as him being on a Fort made him basically unhittable and he killed both of them for me. Ross had a Halberd so he'd do ridiculous amounts of damage to Pali's but not enough to OHKO which was bothersome because of the Druid with Physic. Still he got 3 crits(A support with Garcia helped a bit there) killing 3 in one turn and Maulder+Natasha kept everyone alive.

While all this was going on I had Tana and Vanessa edge themselves towards Innes from the left side of the map. The Archer there literally doesnt move for some reason so he was basically pointless. Vanessa is pretty beefy so she managed the cavaliers pretty well and she had an elixer just in case. After recruiting all three I moved seth down there as well because I had caused Marisa's group to start moving. Oddly she moved towards my main group near the gate while the Soliders moved towards my Pegasus riders. Recruiting Marisa was easy enough, even with that shamshir she could do **** all amelia. She actually did crit too, for 0 damage lol. Unfortunately Seth accidentally tripped the reinforcements while fighting the soldiers which was almost a problem since I had my two healers+Eirika still somewhat close to the upper left but luckily they werent within one turns distance and I could get Ross+Vanessa+Garcia there. Amelia handled the Horse Riders, only the Ranger could even do damage(3) to her, and Seth took 0 from the Pegasus Knights. The sages near pablo were easy enough, Neimi could double them and had over 20 Resistance so i just let her take care of them. Couldnt steal the red gem, because the enemy had 22 speed and colm only has 20. Forgot about that :ugh: Pablo I killed on accident lol. I put neimi in a ballistae because I wanted some free damage without wasting weapon uses and she crit him for like, 50 damage.

Then came the Arena abuse. And boy was it easy, Amelia literally breaks the arena. The arena just isnt made to handle a unit with 30 defense, 28 str and a lot of speed. The only thing that was reasonably dangerous for her was Silver Lance Wyvern Lords, and only because they had so much god damned health and even then she regularly came out on top because of her 70 avoid. I also took the time to train Marisa, Gerik, Colm and Eirika a bit. I went from 60k to over 100k gold. Basically i wanted to be rich and never run out of money. I think im doing insanely well on resources. I have a ton of money, I got the extra rapier for Eirika which i expect will be useful, I have 4 full elixers left as well as multiples that are at 2 or 1. I have all characters, a Master Seal and a Hero's Crest left over. I really want to promote Garcia but im not sure to what. Warrior seems obvious until you see the absurd promotion bonuses for Hero

Compare

I may end up using the master seal as well. Possibly on Tana, Natasha or Lute.

Yep. Hero is a boss class in this hack. I think the best gains I saw out of any promotion, and incredible caps too.

Gerik is another candidate for that Master Seal in my opinion since having another Hero class is broken. He won't grow to cap resistance like Garcia does, but he will cap the rest of the stats rather nicely such as skl, def, str, hp, and speed. I am sort of regretting having made Ross go pirate -> warrior. I would like to have seen how useful he would be as a hero.

Natasha will not be extremely useful, even against monsters since they have so much damn HP. Lute is more useful in my opinion in the long run. Having 30 magic means she can use those range staves better than Natasha can. You'll eventually run into a secret shop which allows you to use AirCalibur (super useful) as anima magic. I wouldn't bother wasting the master seal on Tana since you'll get a Pegasus whip from Cormag on chapter 13. I did not use him though to see how well he would turn out.

Tana will cap everything really nicely, but her low con was a huge pain. When enemies have capped defence her using an iron lance at 24str cap isn't doing a whole lot of damage. Equipping a steel lance damages her speed so much she cannot even double anymore.

Near the middle and end, Garcia, Gerik, Ewan, and Amelia made up the largest part of my frontline attack force. Besides, Tana cannot wield halberd or hammer either. Again, I say use the master seal on Gerik. I think you'll get the most use out of it. But the next two chapters are a breeze anyway since you'll face a ton of unpromoted monsters which are not as tough as those generals, sages, and paladins. Also, make sure to get the Halberd drop by making the centaur boss to equip his bow.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
So, I didnt use the master seal on Gerik, but when i checked to see what his stats would look like if I did I got the option to make him a Hero or a General. Im honestly not sure what to think about that lol

Edit: So I had already beaten chapters 11 and 12 by the time you posted that lol. I got ewan to lvl 10 on the chapter i got him and now he's already a lvl 10 summoner lol. I was sort of angry that I was going to have to make him a summoner until i realized that they now have better caps than Druids(29 Mag, better def, better speed) Chapter 13 looked like a whole lot of bull**** and so I decided to end it early. I recruited Cormag, got the Lvl decrease fruit and pushed towards the boss. The same turn Pablo appeared I ended the chapter by killing the boss. I probably didnt actually have to be too worried about Pablo, his stats were roughly good enough to get absolutely decimated by Neimi but I didnt want to deal with Purge honestly. The map wasnt actually that bad since I had Dolza with 20 Halberd uses(one halbard with 2 uses left over from a while back) Neimi and Garcia with Short Bows for the wyverns, Ross with a Killer Axe and Amelia with all the broken weapons(A brave lance that didnt really see any use, a Hammer and a Horse Slayer) Enemy generals arent nearly as terrifying as they used to be. Garcia, Ross and Amelia can all wall them to varying degrees(though Garcia and Amelia are much much better at it) I had Saleh, Artur and Vanessa on support, Vanessa dealt with pretty much all unpromoted units and picking off weakened promotes while Artur and Saleh dealt extra damage to armor units, doubled on Warriors and spammed Heal. Ross got hit with Berzerk once(the only time it actually got used) but I have restore staves so it was w/e. Ewan was probably the second MVP of the map behind amelia, Summons allowed me to move enemy units where i wanted them and his huge speed+magic meant he could take pretty much every enemy unit down to roughly 20 health in one round. I brought Tana in, she didnt actually do anything, I just wanted her there so i could promote her mid match in case I needed her. I made her a Wyvern Knight and used her to protect Cormag but other than that she was just there to fill space lol.

Sounds like you are hitting the downhill portion of the game where it gets easy. You probably could have swapped out Tana for Colm. I used him to swipe the Brigand's Body Ring which came in handy later on. Giving both the body rings to Ewan means he can wield the Luna tome without any drop in speed which was needed to ORKO Lyon in the final chapter. Dude has 120hp.

Wait, did you make Garcia a warrior? How else could he have wielded a short bow?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Yeah I made him a warrior. Bows seem more useful than swords imo. Also I entirely intend to kill riev for his bull**** tome so I can ohko Lyon lol.

Colm would have been a bit of a liability. Tana I could at least hide on the mountains as need be. Also I've been meaning to ask, did you make amelia a great knight?

I made Amelia go the Cavalier -> Great Knight route. The knight promtion didn't do anything for her resistance at all. Cavalier added +4 resistance. Then going to Great Knight added like another +4 resistance if I recall. I did not like the idea of a 4 mov. unit. There were times where I needed to move quickly, and having 6 mov. helped.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Trust me when I tell you no amount of movements can make up for how bad the caps on Great knight are. Generals are unquestionably the best units in this hack, Amelia is absolutely bonkers as a great knight. She doesnt need movement, let everything come to her, she'll kill it all. Besides, 5 move isnt that bad lol.

What are the caps exactly? I thought they would be the same as the regular version. My amelia turned out to have 26 str, 26skl, 25spd, lck30, 20res, 28def. Other than the speed, these were alright maximum stats.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
No, not everyones. Warrior, Rouge, Assassin, all of the magic users except summoner i think, berserker, they all have the same caps. Just much much better growths now lol. Paladin, Summoner, General, Swordmaster and Great Lords got cap increases, that much i know.

Delta you probably read what I said. Paladin Amelia is pretty bad. She doesn't have the male caps, but instead has her vanilla FE8 caps.

I ended up finishing FE2 just a little while ago. Its a fun game with hardly any background story. Its split into 5 chapters. Ch.1 = "Lets go liberate a castle". And apart from the occasional person you meet to join you and the single village. You pretty much have no dialogue whatsoever. Ch.2 = "I need to go visit the shrine" And you spend the whole chapter battling pirates on ships and dragons. The rest after that gets more interesting gameplay wise, but the its the thinnest of back story and plot.

I wonder. Were all nes games this devoid of plot and character? Maybe I'll actually finish FE5 at some point.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I ended up finishing FE2 just a little while ago. Its a fun game with hardly any background story. Its split into 5 chapters. Ch.1 = "Lets go liberate a castle". And apart from the occasional person you meet to join you and the single village. You pretty much have no dialogue whatsoever. Ch.2 = "I need to go visit the shrine" And you spend the whole chapter battling pirates on ships and dragons. The rest after that gets more interesting gameplay wise, but the its the thinnest of back story and plot.

I wonder. Were all nes games this devoid of plot and character? Maybe I'll actually finish FE5 at some point.
The backstory is mostly in the game manual, not that I can read it yet. So I'm guessing you used a rom instead of importing?

Personally I'd say FE1 had less plot and character as much of the cast was never given any backstory or even speaking lines and much of the backstories for certain characters would only show up in FE3 such as the Divine Dragon subplot with Gotoh and Xane, and many of the relationships between such characters as Merric x Elice. Not that any of that should stop you from playing through it.

FE2 at least had some character development between Alm and Cellica, and the rest of the cast were given at least some backstory and all had at least one line of dialogue. Still don't quite get why they needed to get rid of the two gods though. Mixed with the gameplay, the game is just begging to get a remake.

Really should post in this thread more often, too bad I'm not man enough to play any of the hard modes. :p

I think FE2 will not get a remake and instead will be spiritually succeeded by FE8 and the other games in the series. Other than game mechanics such as weapon triangle advantage, and some formulas many of the elements are present in in FE8. You have skirmishes on the map face. You have a split storyline (albeit you do not control them both at the same time nor can they interact). And the idea of 3rd tier promotions are evident in FE10.

I actually enjoyed the more RPG feel to FE2 in many spots. Especially towards the end where you go through this maze and stuff. If you are not correct, you'll end up hurting your own team. Overall it was a fun game and I'd like a remake of it. Although, I just cannot see it happening.

I thought hard modes would be that, hard, but I have been finding that they are really not that bad. I have completed HM on FE6; every difficulty in FE7; hard on FE8 is a bit of a joke with the tower; FE9 on HM wasn't too bad until the endgame; FE11 I completed only upto H1 (dislike that game); and I finished the H2 difficulty on FE12.

If you play normal mode many times to get an idea of what characters are best or where items are to help you plan, the difficulty goes way down. It goes down even more when you have resources to look at like Serenes and stuff.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Like a lot of good games, it probably won't which is a shame. Just gotta keep telling people to pick them up to keep their legacy going.

The RPG elements were a breath of fresh air, though they could be improved upon. Couldn't help but feel that most of it though, was just trying to fix the issues that FE1 had with item storage. lol

I'll probably try a hard mode at some point when I feel like it. For now I think I'll save my FE urge for when FE12 is fully translated (I want to be able to enjoy the new story elements)/I import it, or for when FE13 comes out. Used to be on SF all the time a while back as well.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
So i finally finished up Darion's hack, or at least the normal story mode. I killed Riev in chapter 19 in 3 turns then proceeded to use his broken *** tome to 2 turn chapter 20 and 1 turn the final chapter(all of it). I still have a save from before starting chapter 19 though in case i ever want to go back and do it normally lol. There's still some things I want to do though, im gonna get all the extra characters and see what their stats look like. I also want to cap as many characters as possible to get a look at the caps for the hack for future reference. I trained Natasha up to an S rank in dark magic so now she can OHKO literally everything since Naglfar is broken tier. I may also do the same for moulder since I should get another one when I get lyon(though at that point Im basically done with the hack completely)

Shout outs to the all stars of my team:

Ewan for being broken and having Luna and his summons basically saving my *** multiple times
Amelia for being lolbroke
Ross for being really good early in the game
Garcia For being really good forever
Neimi for having ******** defenses and 30 speed. Kill all the mages

Special shout out to Saleh for being basically useless late game but for being able to use the Warp staff. That was cool.

Xeylode if you could PM me the stats/classes of your team I'm gonna try and get a full list compiled if possible.

zyth

Smash Lord
i think FE8 was the one that I didnt really feel to close to the chars....other FEs had chars that I would always get and baby the **** out of them, but FE8 just had an ok list of chars, and the trainees were the only ones I had to baby...everyone else just didnt leave much of an impression on me. but thats just my opinion

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Sadly, I didn't keep track of their base stats. Sooooooooooooooooo someone would need to check those.

In general, I've found/heard the recruits to have amazing growths, the cavs/paladins to be TERRIBLE (probably to avoid having a male paladin on your team), and that the fliers are pretty good. And Neimi. Neimi rocks.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
So just to give a quick idea, here are the caps of the team I have on me right this second

General(F)
60/29/29/28/30/30/30

General(M)
60/29/28/27/30/30/30

Bishop(F)
60/25/25/26/30/21/30

Bishop(M)
60/27/28/26/30/22/30

Warrior
60/30/28/26/30/26/22

Berserker
60/30/29/28/30/23/21

Summoner
60/29/29/28/30/25/30

Sniper(F)
60/25/30/30/30/26/28

Berserker and Warrior have literally the same exact caps as the normal game, Summoners got a huge boost in everything, as did Generals obviously. It'll take some time for me to get the whole class list since Im going to need to unlock certain extra characters just to see their stats since I dont have access to their classes(Selena in particular) I should have been keeping track during the main game. Oh well

Side Note, the only monsters with a new cap as far as i can tell are cyclops

Cyclops has
XX/30/30/30/30/30/30 lol

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ike had a child
this also means he's not gay
LOL

Definitely cool. Wouldn't be surprised if he stared in a sequel game. Either way, IS certainly likes the Tellius series.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Just because he was related to Ike in some way, doesn't mean that Ike wasn't gay still. He ran away with Soren, which is enough evidence for me :troll:

What if him and Soren had a surrogate mother, and used Ike's DNA?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I demand to know who Ike's mate is.

At least we can figure out if it's a laguz or beorc based on the child being a Branded or not assuming they're consistent with that

I want to know the actual translation. I think there might have been a bit of meaning lost in the change into English. How do we know descendent should strictly mean blood kin. It could very well be that Ike took up an apprentice of some sort and taught him all he knew. Its not uncommon for something like that to happen with words.

Though, it might certainly still be the obvious meaning we all think it is.

Top Bottom