• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I was asking because it's my first LP and I wanted to look at others LP's for, well, inspiration ;______;

My LP consists of about 90% exceptionally terrible puns and probably equally terrible commentary.

I got better though. Maybe.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Psh, better than my FE stuff.
I barely talk since most of the games I'm not very good at, so I'm sitting there thinking... then I realize I'm also LPing. :bee:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Hahahaha, I agree completely.

They are the woooorst.

Also once they escape the pens, they get in your way by taking up space lol.

So so bad.

I'm up to 3-4 now, having fun with Ilyana still being useless and Boyd only doing 11 damage to things.
Ilyana is good, thunder magic and female sage caps just suck.
Maybe it's cuz I'm doing a mage only run, but Ilyana is actually decent. :c

By the way, since you're forced to bring Sanaki into 4-E, I had her bless a Bolting for me.

Blessed Bolting does not suck. :awesome:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You know whats fun blessed? Blessed nosferatu!

Dragonfoe Laura pretty much could solo all dragons with it minus the dragon king lol..

Ilyana is usable, but comparing her caps to Soren makes absolutely no sense.

D

Deleted member

+1 on the spamming bolting. <3 ilyana

i'm playing FE12 in straight japanese. it's actually pretty good.

for those of you who are interested in the myunit creation, myunit is horrible broken and easily the best character in the game.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Unless they're a mage and it's lunatic mode, where completing the first chapter is impossible without relying on a miss. trolololol

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If only I could have recorded the sheer blessing that the RNG Gods bestowed upon me when Rhys survived due to Miracle activation...

CHAPTER 3-12, THE DELTACOD MAGE ONLY WAY.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
... My luck's generally really good though...
First rule of Fire Emblem - He will crit you.
Second rule of Fire Emblem - Yes, there will be reinforcements next turn
Third rule of Fire Emblem - There's a unit in that fog.
Fourth rule of Fire Emblem - Your luck is always **** when there's someone to laugh at you.

The fourth rule also has an addendum where the only exception remains when it would be hilarious. Whether the fact that the hilarity is generally caused by your good luck highlighting someone else's bad luck is still a matter debated by experts in the field.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If only I could have recorded the sheer blessing that the RNG Gods bestowed upon me when Rhys survived due to Miracle activation...

CHAPTER 3-12, THE DELTACOD MAGE ONLY WAY.
Lol you can only use.... Laura and Micaiah right?.... Good thing ally units give you bexp for their kills

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yup, Laura and Micaiah.

Meatshields Sothe and Tauroneo get special mention for blocking the right side. Allied units were also most useful, as the Falco Knight reinforcements that spawn on the top of the left hill actually spawned at the bottom because there was nowhere for them to land. The map basically became Laura and Micaiah raining Light/Elight down on the poor enemies below.

Laura went from like, level 3 Bishop to level 11, capped Mag/Skill/Spd, and since I had so much BExp, she was swiftly Bexp'd to 20 and then class change. Micaiah ended at level 12.

3-13 was basically Boots + Celerity Laura > pray she kills all the Beast laguz straight down the center on turn 1, then Sleep Staff Ike (100 Hit lol), clear a path to him hit him with Shine for over half his health, then eat his counter attack and finish him off since the chapter ends on his defeat.

Defense chapters with limited units SUCK.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
But now you understand why i love Laura so much.

3-13 was completely solo'd by Laura too right since Micaiah ain't allowed to move LOL

To make it eaiser you shoulda put resolve on Laura.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yeah, Micaiah was locked to the top of the map.

I don't know if Resolve woulda fit on Laura if she already had Celerity. 5 for Shove, 15 for Celerity, 30 for Corona leaves only 10 Capacity remaining.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Since when do we need to grind units at 4-1? All the units there should be self sufficient at this point. Also you would need to proc bane 100% of the time to grind infinitely on 1 unit

Now if Tormod and friends joined on Sothe's team during the prologue maybe.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yeah, Sothe has such a ****ty time to get a forced promotion.

Micaiah has it worse, though. Like, wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. You really need units to be hitting third tier BEFORE the endgame. >_>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Micaiah changes at 4-endgame (5 parts)

This and her horrid speed growth just forces her to be a full on staff user to heal/status. (unless you bexp her speed and/or use speed wings)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I guess I should say that I don't think Sothe's class change comes at a necessarily TERRIBLE time, just that I think he can sort of be screwed over by promoting there.

Like, you don't really want to use him through Part 1 because he's a Jeigan.

You only have him for like, 3 chapters in Part 3, so he needs to do a lot of leveling there so that he can ideally hit 20 by the end of 4-1. But still, it kinda sucks.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Getting sothe to 20/20 is such a chore. I get Micaiah to 20/20 easily but never past like 5/20/20 by the time i finish the game

My units are 15/20/20 at the least by 4-endgame ._. Using Micaiah offensively just no.. Just a physics(i forgot spelling) bot

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
physic

you got it right. lawl

Micaiah is dumb. I struggle to use her, I'm almost at 3-6 and I think she has 19 HP.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
How to use Micaiah in part 1: finish off enemies for more exp and sacrifice > Laura heal combo.

In part 3 and 4, finish of weaken enemies or heal people, also put paragon on her

With this your Micaiah will at least hit 20/20

And i've been on a bad spelling spree i just don't trust myself anymore

I usually never find it hard to get Micaiah a KO unless I am trying to charge forward rather quickly which I do solemnly. You have enough weapons such as hand axe or bronze lance to weaken enemies and have her sneak a KO as you rush forward. Even if its only a few KOs a map, it can still add up so long as you do not waste her time not getting a KO. The others can make up the KO loss by all the extra battles they wind up entering.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Pretty much.

I just hit 4-P, and I put Paragon + Micaiah and had her kill things.

She got like, 100XP per kill LOL.

Also, Ilyana is basically telling me "Hey, hey **** YOU DELTACOD" and is getting 1 stat point per level... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

On the other hand, level 20/20/14 Laura has capped everything but Res, which is sitting at 39 currently... LAURA I LOVE YOU.

Scratch that last bit, leveled up one more time in 4-2 and now SHE IS THE PERFECT UNIT.

LAURA.

BEST.

UNIT.

Hah, the Black Knight actually refuses to be rescued. "My safety is unimportant. I will protect the Maiden at all costs."

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Duuude I already talked how amazing Laura was beforee! The funny thing is she's as strong as a thunder mage. Which is sad :[ but she still is the best tank with nosferatu.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Dude, dude. Just imagine if she had Flare.

Just think about that for a second. **** Corona, Flare. Unf.

Can't wait to bless Nosferatu. :awesome:

Also, 4-4 is BREAKING MY BALLS. FREAKING WEAK *** UNITS.

Top Bottom