• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I would like to use him, yeah. I'm also planning on getting Oliver, which means I need to bring Rafiel with me.

I'm just having trouble getting the chapter started. I've got 3 units (Ike, Rhys, Soren) that I need to get into position to save Tormod and his buddies, and then I gotta work on netting Tormod some kills (level 8 Fire sage bleck).

Sanaki has some amazing growths. I fed her both my Energy drops because she had non existent strength, and now she destroys things. It's a shame she didn't really cap anything but Mag and Luck, but all her stats are really high.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Cause there needed to be an incentive to use Sanaki so higher caps makes sense. But can't have an OP unit so make the others weaker. And now all mages suck.

Whelp, resistance still wins end game so mages are useful... For a chapter

camerino1

Smash Lord
Has anyone here played the Tactics Universe hack of FE7. It's pretty good, even though not complete. I wish that it was finished off, but it hasn't been touched in over a year.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Attempting the PoR Ike solo on Normal. In my first 4 level ups, he gained Def every time and didn't get Str once. >.> He wound up with 14 Str and 16 Def at level 20, not including the Dracoshield from Ch. 11 on top of that. The rest of his stats are really good too, so it seems like I'm not going to have too much trouble from here on out...

:005:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I am starting what I will dub the "Unfortunate Run."

Okay!
[4:07:45 PM] DRB | Ryker: Time for me to do something stupid!
[4:08:13 PM] DRB | Ryker: So, I've got a base level computer class that runs 5:30 to 8:00 on Monday nights
[4:08:46 PM] DRB | Ryker: Sucks a lot, but it was that or the same time on Thursdays and this keeps me from having any classes on Thursday, so whatever
[4:09:07 PM] DRB | Ryker: Anyway, I'm looking to run that Darion hack of FE8 that I didn't finish because I started my job.
[4:09:22 PM] DRB | Ryker: I could finish my previous game, but that's less fun.
[4:09:35 PM] DRB | Ryker: I intend to run it with only one reset for each battle.
[4:09:47 PM] DRB | Ryker: Someone died? Let it rock
[4:10:32 PM] DRB | Ryker: Going to not necessarily abandon the tower, but I'm going to avoid tower/arena abuse.
[4:10:48 PM] DRB | Ryker: I may use it to level Ewan/Amelia
[4:11:24 PM] DRB | Ryker: I'm not going to scrap a run off of a Lord death, but I will abandon my reset for that level if I haven't already used it.
[4:11:42 PM] DRB | Ryker: I could abuse this by letting a lord die if things aren't going well, but I can honor system this ****.
[4:12:31 PM] DRB | Ryker: I need a place to rant because I will make myself mad and RNG will murder units I love.
[4:12:42 PM] DRB | Ryker: Without further ado, welcome to the Unfortunate Run.
[4:13:01 PM] DRB | Ryker: Ephraim or Erika route TBA based on which I think I can handle.

I will post updates, less for your benefit and more for the sake of me not going crazy.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Well, I'm currently doing all the cheesing I intend to do. I'm breaking all the weaponry I own against the Chapter 3 boss.

EDIT: I knew going in that I was gonna hate myself if I didn't have enough armamanets to clear the levels afterward. Now that I've been cheesing for an entire class period and am committed to the idea, that possibility looms heavier.

And done with the level and my class is about to let out early. Levels as it stands are:

Erika - 6
Seth - (3)
Franz - 9
Gilliam - 13
Vanessa - 9
Moulder - 6
Ross - 10 (Journeyman)
Garcia - 9
Neimi - 5
Colm - 19 (Eirka being 6 makes more sense now?)

I don't want to take Colm out if I'm not stealing ****, so I wanted to have him ready to promote given Theif XP boost. Erika's swords went to boosting him. Neimi is low because I only had one bow. Moulder because I only had one heal staff. The only weapons I have right now are the Rapier, the Silver Lance, the Hatchet, and a little bit of Hand Axe from where Garcia crit to end the boss (one shot him). This is where the run actually begins. If I lose Colm, I'll probably cry.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Well, I'm currently doing all the cheesing I intend to do. I'm breaking all the weaponry I own against the Chapter 3 boss.

EDIT: I knew going in that I was gonna hate myself if I didn't have enough armamanets to clear the levels afterward. Now that I've been cheesing for an entire class period and am committed to the idea, that possibility looms heavier.

And done with the level and my class is about to let out early. Levels as it stands are:

Erika - 6
Seth - (3)
Franz - 9
Gilliam - 13
Vanessa - 9
Moulder - 6
Ross - 10 (Journeyman)
Garcia - 9
Neimi - 5
Colm - 19 (Eirka being 6 makes more sense now?)

I don't want to take Colm out if I'm not stealing ****, so I wanted to have him ready to promote given Theif XP boost. Erika's swords went to boosting him. Neimi is low because I only had one bow. Moulder because I only had one heal staff. The only weapons I have right now are the Rapier, the Silver Lance, the Hatchet, and a little bit of Hand Axe from where Garcia crit to end the boss (one shot him). This is where the run actually begins. If I lose Colm, I'll probably cry.
If you're out of weapons the next few chapters may be impossible for you lol. Also I would suggest abusing the arena as soon as possible to make up the money.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If you're out of weapons the next few chapters may be impossible for you lol. Also I would suggest abusing the arena as soon as possible to make up the money.
That's the goal. I can afford to rearm for the next level and the next one will be stretching my resources. However, I remember how many resets it took me to to get Josh without losing a character.
Hint: I said **** it at one point and sacked Vanessa.

The only supports I have set-up at the moment are with Garcia.

Garcia (Fire)/Ross (Fire) is B (will be A at the next available turn).
Garcia (Fire)/Neimi (Fire) is C (will be B at the next availabale turn).

That's my favorite support triangle in the game and I will be trying to preserve it. Any advice for other support groups would be cool.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Yes. Some of the characters are interesting(L'Arachel stands out) but it's mostly standard Fire Emblem Fare: Bad country does bad things, bandits attack towns, good guys do good, occasionally bad guy thinks what they're doing is wrong and is recruited, some sort of "Fire Emblem" gets mentioned but is never explained, world might end, good guys save the world, Knoll sucks.

I bet most still read the story the first time around and enjoyed it. After playing each game for round two, you never bothered to read it again.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I've read through most of the text in the latter half of PoR, and I've played that game through roughly 10 times. Granted, that may be partially because Ike solos are boring as hell once he promotes. :x

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Or a large supply of maxed out forged Steel and Silver swords because there's nothing else to spend all that money on. :awesome:

Anyway, I had to suspend halfway through Ch. 28 yesterday, and didn't get to finish before I caught my flight this morning for school. So I'm going to declare that once Ike gets Ragnell, the game has basically been beaten. That way I don't have to wait a semester to finish the last chapter and a half, which is basically just watching everything SD against Ike for a while.

Top Bottom