• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Haar is considered the best unit in the game. Only unit better is PoR data transferered Ike

Haar doesn't die, flies were he pleases, and thunder mages aren't that plentiful, even then its not a 1 shot like a crossbow since they have the lowest might. He may fall off endgame but he makes the trip there so much easier.

I am not sure if I enjoy draco enemies almost capping their speed stat (max: 23) when I am only 9 chapters from the end of the game.

And my own units have to reclass in order to double them at all.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Welp, I'm having a really easy FE7 HM run, guess I'll have HHM unlocked in a couple of days, took me long enough. :/

Maybe I should have actually cared about rank...

Nah, then I wouldn't have found out how stupidly easy the arena is in this game, thanks Ninian. :3

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
How to win FE10:

1. Put resolve on Mia
2. Have Mia step forward
3. ??????upsidedownquestionmark
4. profit

also arena abuse makes any run in fe7 easy.. actually nvm HHM arena still is dangerous, you'll run out of money before you get high enough.

Ninis's Grace with rescue support after every fight makes it easy. Except some people cannot be redeemed in it such as Lyn. +10 defence is not enough for her. I can't stand arena abuse anymore. It takes way too long.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There is no such thing as a single best unit in FE10 imo. The game is scattered into too many different parts for it to be possible to claim one single unit as the best. Haar is surely one of the strongest units, no doubt, but - for example - HM would be pretty much unwinnable if it weren't for Sothe being around in Part 1.
If anything Haar is among the top 5 in part 3 [Reyson and Ike are his competition and I'd assume Mia and Gatrie to be somewhat close], arguably the best unit in part 2 and still pretty damn good in part 4. If such a thing as a FE10 tier list was attempted with one list for the whole roster then Haar would have to be top 3 but I don't think it's be that good an idea =/

:059:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gheb, please tell me your name isn't based on the boss of that one FE8 level who wants to **** Amelia.

-----

On second thought, tell me it is.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I should ditch this job so I can finish my run. EWAN GETS OHKOED BY SHADOWSHOT AT 86%. But I want to give him egg XP.

= [

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Stop getting him hit then.
Can't be THAT hard.
There's one to the north that starts out of an egg and prevents me from moving Ewan from the start of the level for 3 turns. Then there's one that hatches in the bottom right and the only one way to get Ewan out of it's range after the first is dealt with is to use a warp staff on Ross (or Garcia as they're the only units who I can send down there solo) in order to dispatch it in time. The third is not a major issue. It simply makes the level super annoying when I can still get boned on any one of a number of 40% RNGs.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Erika has move!!!!!! Ewan has move (I gave him the move increasing item so I could ****ing use him). Cavamelia has move.

Finished up H2 on FE12. MU was a mostly an axe fighter with monocle (gotta keep his style). I ended up killing Sirius, Nagi, Nyna, Matthis, and a slew of others out of impatience. Finishing the final chapter with 8 staff people is funny. Finished with 506 turns :D

Is Cavalier Amelia even useful? I forgot what level you had her at.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I finally finished my draft run through:

Prologue: 2 turns
Chapter 1: 5 turns
Chapter 2: 6 turns
Chapter 3: 7 turns
Chapter 4: 13 turns
Chapter 5: 12 turns
Chapter 5x: 17 turns
Chapter 6: 6 turns
Chapter 7: 10 turns
Chapter 8: 11 turns
Chapter 9: 16 turns
Chapter 10: 12 turns
Chapter 11: 13 turns
Chapter 12: 13 turns
Chapter 13: 2 turns
Chapter 14: 15 turns
Chapter 15: 12 turns
Chapter 16: 11 turns
Chapter 17: 5 turns
Chapter 18: 9 turns
Chapter 19: 3 turns
Chapter 20: 12 turns
Final 1: 6 turns
Final 2: 2 turns

Total turn count: 220 turns

Didn't realize I was as close to Xeylode as I was, but wouldn't have mattered anyways because I really don't think I could have done the last few chapters faster than I did with my team, which is why Duessel and Kyle ended up dying (Fomortiis got a critical on Kyle with 4 percent, WTF lol).

Prologue: 2 turns / 2 turns
Chapter 1: 5 turns / 5 turns
Chapter 2: 6 turns / 6 turns
Chapter 3: 7 turns / 8 turns +1
Chapter 4: 13 turns / 12 turns -1
Chapter 5: 12 turns / 12 turns
Chapter 5x: 17 turns / 13 turns -4
Chapter 6: 6 turns / 4 turns -2
Chapter 7: 10 turns / 12 turns +2
Chapter 8: 11 turns / 15 turns +4
Chapter 9: 16 turns / 14 turns -2
Chapter 10: 12 turns / 12 turns
Chapter 11: 13 turns / 14 turns +1
Chapter 12: 13 turns / 12 turns -1
Chapter 13: 2 turns / 3 turns +1
Chapter 14: 15 turns / 12 turns -3
Chapter 15: 12 turns / 14 turns +2
Chapter 16: 11 turns / 13 turns +2
Chapter 17: 5 turns / 3 turns -2
Chapter 18: 9 turns / 9 turns
Chapter 19: 3 turns / 3 turns
Chapter 20: 12 turns / 6 turns -6
Final 1: 6 turns / 12 turns +6
Final 2: 2 turns / 2 turns

Total: 220 / 218 +2

I'm not sure where you could have lowered your turn count. You probably could have done chapter 5x a little faster. I stopped to get the chest keys because I had too, then had orson kill everything. Then wasted another 2 turns getting ephraim a level. But, lol only a 2 turns difference in the end.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Yea 5x I used a little extra time getting Kyle some needed experience and then 14 I got hung up and poorly planned out how to kill Carlyle, and those are really where I lost time. To make up much more than that I think I would have needed a better strategy with drafting my team. Those last few chapters for the most part I just gave Gerik a bunch of hand axes and the swiftsoles and had him and Kyle spearhead my advance lol.

I have ****ing Dozla! I'm screwed....
I sort of do and do not want to do it. I really would have liked to have gotten the silver card for stat boosters to make dozla more useful. But, I want to play FE3 next instead of keeping up with fe8. I sort of get bored with one fe after a playthrough.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I think how good a unit is in FE10 depends on the chapter. Someone's strength in a chapter can change depending on the number of enemies and terrain and whatnot.

Like, Mordecai will most likely sit and collect dust if you have no preference for him, but damn, will he save your *** in Part 2 Endgame with that 32 Defense of his. Place him at the left chokepoint and stuff with Olivi Grass and you won't have to worry about that side for the rest of the chapter.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
How did you guys all do Chapter 13 so fast? Weren't you going Eirika's route?

I think how good a unit is in FE10 depends on the chapter. Someone's strength in a chapter can change depending on the number of enemies and terrain and whatnot.

Like, Mordecai will most likely sit and collect dust if you have no preference for him, but damn, will he save your *** in Part 2 Endgame with that 32 Defense of his. Place him at the left chokepoint and stuff with Olivi Grass and you won't have to worry about that side for the rest of the chapter.
Mordy is really good and underrated in general. His base spd of 9 looks so whack but if you give him a speedwing [one can be obtained in 2-3] and manage to get +1 spd via Bexp you've gotten him to 24 spd in transformed shape, which is enough to double almost everything in part 3 and to still not get doubles in almost all of part 4.
It's not really chapter / terrain depending.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
How did you guys all do Chapter 13 so fast? Weren't you going Eirika's route?

It ends early when you kill Aias. There's a lot of stuff to get through, but if you can reach him and ORKO him, it's over. Seth was able to do it for me (loldoublecritical) but I had to wait to recruit Cormag first so it took me 9 turns. :glare: I probably could've just sent Seth in with Saleh and Eirika helping him to clear out a path to the boss and done it just as quickly as they did...if it weren't for Cormag. D=

:005:

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Yea unless you want Cormag you can finish chapter 13 really quickly. I just had Kyle and Joshua charge through the gaps in the mountains with Kyle leading and Kyle really wasn't at risk with his high defense and in having a spear (don't think any of the enemies over there had an axe except Aias and it was a swordslayer). Second turn I finished up Aias' guards with Joshua and Gerik and had Kyle attack Aias with a horseslayer lol.

If we did a ruins runthrough I would likely do badly considering I only have 4 members of my drafted team left. And that's counting Eirika who everyone got for free lol.

Franz. Javelin kill stuff turn one. Recruit Amelia for her speedwing turn two (she dies). Then, horseslayer or heavy spear Alan turn 3. End chapter.
Poor amelia dying for her speedwing (and taking my killing edge >_>).

Sully

Smash Cadet
I just beat Sacred Stones (went through Ephraim's story).

Ephraim, Eirika, Seth, and Garcia were the only ones that lived because I fail at strategy games :p

Top Bottom