• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Capture card record turn count in credits.

Or just a digitial camera recording of the TV as the turn count role by.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked Ephraim much better. Dat spinning lance :o

Anyone know where I can see some FE13 DLC map videos btw?

:phone:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It's the first one. She has no ranged counter, so there'd be a lot of battles just consisting of Missed ranged attacks by enemies.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Chapter 20 is the worst offender of this. They surround you with a circle of ranged attacks so you have to try to move forward while picking them off.

It should also be noted that Eirika can't actually solo the game by herself, because she can't reach two of the eggs/gorgons on chapter 18. Unless you go through the tower to get a runesword, or something.

I brought Saleh in after clearing the rest of the map and had him kill the two gorgons off.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Prologue - 4
1 - 9
2 - 7
3 - 11
4 - 10
5 - 15
5x - 19
7 - 5
8 - 20
9 - 31
10 - 24
11 - 16
12 - 19
13 - 6
14 - 20
15 - 17
16 - 19
17 - 3
18 - 13
19 - 3
20 - 8
Total: 291

****. :(
Oh well. I did some chapters STUPID fast. I should have picked somebody to mow random enemeis down instead of the ****ty healer who did NOTHING. >_<

Yeah but I need other people to see it. Otherwise it's not "verified"...
Unless people here are super serious about thinking they are the winners by lying, then I do not think it mattes much to get the visual prove. I'd certainly agree someone had a reputation for it. Like for Dondon151, I'd say claiming to have done 0% growth play-through is pretty cool.
Hurr, I liked one of the characters with the easiest solo runs, durr.
FE4 you can solo the first half with Sigurd. Not sure about the 2nd half. FE5 I doubt you could solo run. I have heard of FE9 solo runs with Ike. FE8 is certainly possible as Delta showed. I bet you could solo run FE7 on normal modes, but... I do not know. FE6... lol And I think Shadow Dragon/ FE12 can be solo'd by Marth. I want to try some of these now.
So, I realized that I just use a lot of units, and it makes chapters like Gorgonville easier...
Lots of units makes lots of chapters easier. I really disliked doing this one with only 6 units.
Total: 291
****. :(
Oh well. I did some chapters STUPID fast. I should have picked somebody to mow random enemeis down instead of the ****ty healer who did NOTHING. >_<
^Healers are important in every other game except this one.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If she managed to get to B staff, it would have been great.
But she didn't.
And she wasn't going to.
So I didn't even both with the warp staff, which would have been amazing.
Same with the SwiftSole... I just didn't get it... and it stopped my run of that irritating chapter like 4-5 times... so when I actually beat it... I half-***** rushing so I could try to get it. Stupid me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So far my prediction that Xeylode's team is the strongest seems to hold true ^_^

Unless people here are super serious about thinking they are the winners by lying, then I do not think it mattes much to get the visual prove.
I hope so. Some of the chaptrer's turn counts in my HM draft run must be a bit hard to believe and I'm pretty sure that I succeeded a couple of chapters within like the minimum turns possible [7 turns for 1-1; 7 or 8 turns for 1-2; 5 turns for 1-3; 2 or 3 turns for 1-6-2; 4 turns for 2-E; 2 turns for 3-13] ... guess I'll verify it in case peole think I'm lying.

:059:

zyth

Smash Lord
the only thing I'm skeptical on is the 3 turns for 1-6-2 lol. I have jill so how could you get to the boss so fast?

camerino1

Smash Lord
Even rushing with Tauroneo wouldn't get you that far that quickly... I realized though that I'm playing for experience, not actually playing fast... so I'm doing really bad. Yes, the majority of the DB is bad in speed runs, I can admit it now. Only Nolan is okay at this point...

1-1 is escape which makes a 7 turn believable. You can walk there in exactly 4 turns.

1-2 is laura arrives completion, so 7-8 turns is believable again.

1-3 I guess I am skeptical about this one because I am not sure how you could get Micaiah all the way there in 5 turns. But, with a shoving chain, Sothe doing all the killing, and taking the right path I can see it being done.

1-6-2 could be done in 2-3 turns. The objective is to kill the boss. Let Volug full transform (or half shift?) and rush down the boss. The boss will advance, but he has a javelin. I guess the idea would be to surround Volug with enemy units like the horses and ranged units, then force the boss to attack in 1-range. Although, I do not think you can get close enough with volug for a 2 turn unless you do a shove chain before Volug transforms. You only have Zihark and Tauroneo to do that though for two spaces.

2-end is another kill the boss stage and Elincia can 5HKO the boss at base level. Probably one round KO with stun (x3 damage?). You have Elincia and Mordecai. I guess you gave the speed wing to Mordecai to give him 22 attack speed instead of his base 18 to double most things and start killing stuff. Some combination of Mordecai, Leanne, and Elincia to get to the boss in 4 turns. Elincia unrestricted can get there in two turns with leanne's help.

And 3-13 is another KO the boss stage. Again, you have Tauroneo, Volug, and Zihark. I can imagine some usage of resolve + beastfoe on tauroneo to one round KO the beasts giving Volug a clear shot to killing Ike and ending the chapter.

Edit: And this is a pretty cool FE7 hack. Its a remaking of FE4 attempt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2tn4tAN1A

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK, I've finished my FE 10 Draft run. Should probably mention that I did *not* take 2 turns for 1-6-2 but 4 turns [I remembered it wrong] - Tauroneo killed the boss on the 4th enemy phase turn. Here are the overall results:

[collapse="Part 1"]Prologue: 9 turns
1-1: 7 turns
1-2: 8 turns
1-3: 6 turns
1-4: 16 turns
1-5: 6 turns
1-6: 15 turns [11 turns for 1-6-1 and 4 turns for 1-6-2]
1-7: 7 turns
1-8: 9 turns
1-9: 15 turns
1-E: 17 turns

Overall: 115 turns[/collapse]

[collapse="Part 2"]Prologue: 9 turns
1-1: 13 turns
1-2: 11 turns
1-3: 14 turns
1-E: 5 turns

Overall: 52 turns[/collapse]

[Collapse="Part 3"]Prologue: 9 turns
3-1: 10 turns
3-2: 7 turns
3-3: 15 turns
3-4: 14 turns
3-5: 9 turns
3-6: 11 turns
3-7: 13 turns
3-8: 12 turns
3-9: 9 turns
3-10: 10 turns
3-11: 11 turns
3-12: 9 turns
3-13: 2 turns
3-E: 6 turns

Overall: 147 turns[/collapse]

[Collapse="Part 4"]Prologue: 8 turns
4-1: 13 turns
4-2: 15 turns
4-3: 13 turns
4-4: 25 turns
4-5: 11 turns
E-1: 8 turns
E-2: 4 turns
E-3: 16 turns
E-4: 3 turns
E-5: 9 turns

Overall: 125 turns[/collapse]

Turncount for the entire game should be 439 unless I miscalculated. I think I've played Part 1 pretty much at the limit of what's possible with drafted armies. 1-E takes REALLY long if you have neither Nailah nor Rafiel on your team. Only chapter I feel like I could've done better is 1-8.
Part 2 is dumb but I think I made the best out of it [especially 5 turns in Endgame]. Part 3 has lots of Rout maps so these just take longer but 2-turning 3-13 shaves off turns quite dramaticly [Zihark ftw!].

Part 4 is the only one I'm really dissatisfied with. 1-P with 8 turns is fine, desert chapter with 13 turns is fine. The other chapters I should've been faster with but by the time I got there I was kind of annoyed and just glad to have it over with so I didn't bother to redo those chapters. Maybe I should've tried it ... 25 turns for 4-4 really hurts the overall turn count =(
As for my most used units ... I was surprised that using Tibarn in the two chapters where his deployment was forced and his two appearances as NPC units were enough to make him top 3. But then I realized that all my killed units do not appear in my top 5...

5th: Naesala [138 - 85]
4th: Titania [192 - 88]
3rd: Tibarn [116 - 92]
2nd: Gatrie [231 - 111]
1st: Ike [252 - 146]

Zihark and Shinon both had CONSIDERABLY higher numbers than Tibarn but don't appear in the top 5 because they died in the very last chapter :awesome:

zyth

Smash Lord
I ****in hate crossbows. I've been stuck on it because everytime i try to send elencia to assassinate ludveck, this random ******* with the crossbow kills her.....Crossbows hit% is ********. on another note, Makalov did not survive his debut chapter:awesome:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I ****in hate crossbows. I've been stuck on it because everytime i try to send elencia to assassinate ludveck, this random ******* with the crossbow kills her.....Crossbows hit% is ********. on another note, Makalov did not survive his debut chapter:awesome:
Dude, Crossbows are SO lame, not gonna lie. 60%+ hitquotes and 60%+ damage against flying units is seriously dumb. Like, NPC Tibarn in 3-11 often gets killed by the boss if he doesn't have good biorythm. That's how dumb crossbows are!

Edit: I saved my epilogue file in case pics are requested.
I will also do a LTC run on HM but without a draft to see what the limits are.

Low Turn Count
Drafts change a lot I noticed in rules, so it might not be the best representation. Although, I have seen a number of ~200 turn drafts. Without draft restrictions, I would assume you could get under 200 turns.

Top Bottom