• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Still won't beat 6 in 3 turns. :awesome:

Just beat chapter 9. Tana is dead, but w/e. I also failed to recruit Amelia, but I only want her for her Speedwing and I'm most likely giving it to Cormag, so I don't need it until 13 anyway. Got both the villages, Eirika's at level 20 (and godlike), and Seth is trucking along nicely. Here is my Eirika (averages in paranthesis)

lvl 20
HP 27 + 7 (29.3)
Str 14 (11.6)
Skl 20 (19.4)
Spd 20 (20)
Lck 21 (16.4)
Def 9 (8.7)
Res 8 (6.7)

My Seth is at lvl 9 and around average...slightly behind on Skl and Spd, but slightly ahead in HP, Lck, and Def. I also got their C support this chapter. ^.^

Tethys, here I come~

:005:

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Wtf, Xeylode and Firefly have the BEST teams, not the worst. Seth is gdlk, Cormag is good, Tethys is awesome, Rennac / EirikaSaleh are decent filler units ... Firefly doesn't even have a straight-up bad unit on his team, unlike pretty much every other player does.
Xeylode's team is fine - Franz, Tana are good, EirikaInnes is not bad at all and Dozla is acceptable filler material.

:059:
Seth is really good early on I'll give you that, but I promise you he's *** late game. This is hard mode, not normal, and honestly Paladins tend to just not be good enough later in hard mode. Their stats just wont be good enough. Cormag is an OK unit, but having attempted to use him multiple times in HM playthroughs he just never gets to where he needs to be. Again, an ok unit who could really use support that the team DOESNT HAVE. Rennac is ****. Like, Rennac is the unit you dont want any of your units to be. Knoll is better than Rennac. At least he can open chests I guess but you can buy chest keys so w/e.

Also I forgot Xeylode got Eirika, which means he gets the super busted Eirika/Innes/Tana support triangle. Still, Ryker has easily the best team.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Seth is really good early on I'll give you that, but I promise you he's *** late game. This is hard mode, not normal, and honestly Paladins tend to just not be good enough later in hard mode. Their stats just wont be good enough. Cormag is an OK unit, but having attempted to use him multiple times in HM playthroughs he just never gets to where he needs to be. Again, an ok unit who could really use support that the team DOESNT HAVE. Rennac is ****. Like, Rennac is the unit you dont want any of your units to be. Knoll is better than Rennac. At least he can open chests I guess but you can buy chest keys so w/e.

Also I forgot Xeylode got Eirika, which means he gets the super busted Eirika/Innes/Tana support triangle. Still, Ryker has easily the best team.
Ok. I'm on chapter 12 now, and Seth is still a god, so I guess his decline is gonna be pretty dramatic...and as for Cormag, I'd be surprised if he doesn't "get where he needs to be" simply because he will be the ONLY unit I'll need to train...and I have Tethys. And for my last draft pick, where I should theoretically be getting a trashy unit, I'd say getting thief utility is pretty awesome. I'll have to hit a pretty hard brick wall at the endgame to convince me my team isn't really good.

:005:

zyth

Smash Lord
Xeylode actually has one of the best teams, Franz Tana and Natasha? Franz to the heavy knight, Tana to dragon rider(forgot what the promote is called), and Natasha to Valkyrie. GG FE8. GG

I wasn't sure about Wyvern/Falcon for Tana. I thought the better promotion gains and sword usage would be better for avoid with Tana. And Paladin with Franz is more useful than the Great Knight due to that movement. He is turning out great.

I'm starting to think Natasha was pretty useless. Its chapter 16 and she is only around level 10. And I have no idea where to apply the warp staff uses.

D

Deleted member

yeah i'm on w/e train has tana too. i don't even like pegasus and she just seems so damn good.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I'm starting to think Natasha was pretty useless. Its chapter 16 and she is only around level 10. And I have no idea where to apply the warp staff uses.
It's ridiculously difficult to level healers in HM especially if you're going for a low turn count(which you are)

The lower exp compared to normal mode is brutal especially since it dips further after level 10. I'd honestly say promote her early and then just try and make up for the stat loss by spamming stat boosting items.

LMFAO?

How the heck do you have a 55% growth rate for Magic compared to a 15% growth rate for Strength on an Archer? (assuming Ronan IS an archer).
His class is a Bow Knight. All mounted units in that game I believe can dismount and are stuck with swords. With a high magic growth he could make a pretty decent unit for the magic swords. Although, I am not sure how many of them you get in that game and others I imagine fight for it as well. Fire Sword is the only one you get until like chapter 9 or something.
It's ridiculously difficult to level healers in HM especially if you're going for a low turn count(which you are)

The lower exp compared to normal mode is brutal especially since it dips further after level 10. I'd honestly say promote her early and then just try and make up for the stat loss by spamming stat boosting items.
I thought I would get more chances for exp usage with Torch, Barrier, etc., but I am not getting that exactly. If I wasn't averaging about 11-13 turns per chapter except on stuff like Ch.13, 17, 19, etc. I wouldn't even have Natasha as high as she is. Well, its chapter 20 and after some warp usage and heavy barrier usage every chance I could since Ch.16, she got to 16/1.

I think I can finish Ch.20 in 6 turns. Final Prt1 I think I could finish in about the same amount of time. Final Prt2 should be finished in 2 turns. However it ends, I'm getting this done tonight.

The map ends when you kill the boss. My Franz has been the leading attack force on my team since the beginning. So, at 20/20 and with maxed Strength and Speed, I give him Audhelma (+5 res) and a pure water (+7 res) and he can KO the boss in one round without dying from some random critical. Add in a little boost from a warp staff, and he can get to the boss on turn 3.

So, the only enemies I have to worry about are two mercenaries, two generals, and two Druids. The first turn I had Tana and Franz tank the enemies while a couple of enemy units attacked the green guys. 2nd turn, mop up the units I mentioned, then warp Franz closer to the boss. He gets there on turn 3 to kill him, and by that time I just barely see a couple of sword masters and heroes to kill. If I had to last through that chapter for the full amount of turns, ugh.

And I managed to 6 turn chapter 20. Franz got a lucky critical on the boss. I really love warp on that stage, even if Natasha can only move me 6 spaces. Pretty sure he would have survived the enemy phase anyway because of his avoid and resistance. Well, it saves me an extra Audhlma usage.

I didn't realize that Ephraim was forced onto the final chapter. Yea for another unit to attack the final boss with!

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Warhawk has Gerik. Only Gerik. That's still better than Xeylode's full team lol.
Ehhh, honestly the more I think about it the more chapters I think of that are really going to play havoc with my team and the more I think Xeylode's pretty well off lol. That's what I get for hoping Syrene would drop farther XD.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Ehhh, honestly the more I think about it the more chapters I think of that are really going to play havoc with my team and the more I think Xeylode's pretty well off lol. That's what I get for hoping Syrene would drop farther XD.
Your teams actually pretty awful lol. Joshua is probably your second best unit and even then he's not that great. Oh well at least you got Knoll :troll:

Finally, I'm finished.

Prologue: 2 turns
Chapter 1: 5 turns
Chapter 2: 6 turns
Chapter 3: 8 turns
Chapter 4: 12 turns
Chapter 5: 12 turns
Chapter 5x: 13 turns
Chapter 6: 4 turns
Chapter 7: 12 turns
Chapter 8: 15 turns
Chapter 9: 14 turns
Chapter 10: 12 turns
Chapter 11: 14 turns
Chapter 12: 12 turns
Chapter 13: 3 turns
Chapter 14: 12 turns
Chapter 15: 14 turns
Chapter 16: 13 turns
Chapter 17: 3 turns
Chapter 18: 9 turns
Chapter 19: 3 turns
Chapter 20: 6 turns
Final 1: 12 turns
Final 2: 2 turns

Total Turns: 218 turns

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Welp, I finished.

Prologue: 4
Ch 1: 8
Ch 2: 7
Ch 3: 12
Ch 4: 23
Ch 5: 16
Ch 5x: 36
Ch 6: 8
Ch 7: 19
Ch 8: 23
Ch 9: 24
Ch 10: 21
Ch 11: 19
Ch 12: 23
Ch 13: 4
Ch 14: 24
Ch 15: 14
Ch 16: 10
Ch 17: 9
Ch 18: 11
Ch 19: 3
Ch 20: 8
Final: 9

Total: 335

Coulda been worse for my first attempt at a low turn run. @_@

Everything got so much easier after Chapter 10.

I'm not really sure what would be good turn count to be honest. Whenever I do the FE games, I want to get supports, I want to suck out every last EXP gain I can possibly get, and stuff. I usually see around 600-1000 turns per game complete. The best I saw before this I think was in FE7 were I wanted to S rank Eliwood Normal mode and finished with like 300 turns or something, but still only got a 3-4 star in experience >_>

Do you remember what level your Forde was out of Ch.5x?

Ephraim gets boosted levels automatically. I think I left him at lv 6 or 7, he came back at level 14 with 89 experience. Then, when he was forced on me in the final I promoted him and with his Siegmund he could kill skeletons in one shot lol

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm not really sure what would be good turn count to be honest. Whenever I do the FE games, I want to get supports, I want to suck out every last EXP gain I can possibly get, and stuff. I usually see around 600-1000 turns per game complete. The best I saw before this I think was in FE7 were I wanted to S rank Eliwood Normal mode and finished with like 300 turns or something, but still only got a 3-4 star in experience >_>

Do you remember what level your Forde was out of Ch.5x?
Forde ended at level...16, I wanna say.

I really suffer from the desire to get all the EXP possible to make my units not suck, but it can't really be done in a LTC run. I have a better idea of what I'd do for future drafts now, though.

I usually play FE reaaaaaaaaally slow. @_@

36 turns at chapter 5x lul, low turn count i would try to balance out milking exp and how many turns you waste
Yeah. I've never done a LTC before, and I didn't really get the right mentality for it until I got past chapter 10, really (which can be seen by my turn counts lowering considerably).

Ephraim gets boosted levels automatically. I think I left him at lv 6 or 7, he came back at level 14 with 89 experience. Then, when he was forced on me in the final I promoted him and with his Siegmund he could kill skeletons in one shot lol
I think he comes back at level 10 if he's below that, but I could be mistaken.

In one file, I left him at lvl 14, ~80xp and he came back at lvl 15.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I think I'm about to just say "**** Marisa and the Shamshir" and go seize the gate.

EDIT: GAAH! But I want to give Marisa's Shamshir to AssColm.

TL?

Smash Ace
His class is a Bow Knight. All mounted units in that game I believe can dismount and are stuck with swords. With a high magic growth he could make a pretty decent unit for the magic swords. Although, I am not sure how many of them you get in that game and others I imagine fight for it as well. Fire Sword is the only one you get until like chapter 9 or something.
Ronan is a Bow Fighter(FE5's name for Archer). He is not mounted and can never use swords. :)

zyth

Smash Lord
I think I'm about to just say "**** Marisa and the Shamshir" and go seize the gate.

EDIT: GAAH! But I want to give Marisa's Shamshir to AssColm.
lol u got colm and marisa? nvm u might have the best team. colms a beast. Marisa CAN be a beast.

Top Bottom