• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
woah woah, wat tier list puts edward at bottom of mid? they crazy. my lv 1 swordmaster edward had higher hp STR SPD SKILL and DEF than my lv 3 Zihark. str skill hp and speed were maxed out before promotion and def was 16 i believe. how is Edward mid tier?
Dude, Edward's worthless. A tier list takes overall efficiency into account and in order to get Edward to become even remotely decent you'd have to not only give him an unproportional amount of kills but also ignore the fact that he's bad at fighting until he reaches swordmaster to begin with. And even then he's unviable because 3-6 and 3-13 Laguz annihilate him. That's like 14 chapters he's bad in for two chapters + tower maps as a reward. Yeah, that's pretty terrible.

Edit: Like, every decent FE10 tier list I've ever seen has had Edward at low mid tier at best.

:059:

camerino1

Smash Lord
He's more than viable vs the Laguz, he's never been an issue for me in those chapters at all. I don't see why people put him down there. He can dodge and deals the best damage due to being the only unit that can double besides Zihark, but he has much less Str. Edward is good there, I'm sure he is because I've used him every playthrough.

I use most of the DB, and they all turn out great, every playthrough. I might just play those chapters perfectly though because of how much I enjoy them... I don't know, I love all of the DB.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
This thread has crazy Edward support.

You all just need to realized that Mia is the greatest thing that ever happend to Fire Emblem. :/

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I mean, it's not a great accomplishment to do well with the DB if you priest abuse like hell :bee:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't see any other way how all of the DB could possibly turn out 'great' .........

camerino1

Smash Lord
I normally have one character wall a spot, and then other characters go behind and pick off them when they don't die. This is why my Aran is usually the highest leveled of my DB, because I send him up front, and pick off with other units when they don't hurt him, but he brings them down a lot.

zyth

Smash Lord
you guys must be getting RNG screwed over with edward. he always does well for me and dodges attacks more than often enough to survive things that would kill other characters.

and if Edward is low mid tier, then no other DB unit should be higher than him. you get him in the prologue, his stat growths are great and hes in more chapters than any other DB unit save Micaiah and Leo

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He's doing bad in all those chapters though. No amount of whitewashing [growths, 'he does well for me' ] can make up for that.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Are you talking about Hard Mode? Because Edward doesn't really have issues in Normal Mode, but can't even double reliably in the first couple chapters of Hard Mode. He just isn't worth it.

:005:

D

Deleted member

Anything outside of HM isn't even worth talking about <_<

I have a great idea. Let's do a HM run where we only use the DB as much as possible and take only them into the tower.

Even if you ignore every means of abuse, that'd still be really, really hard lol.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
and if Edward is low mid tier, then no other DB unit should be higher than him.
Errm Nolan because he's easier to train and still has great stats, plus pretty much necessary and then Micaiah and Sothe should also be higher because they are absolutely mandatory and Sothe is actually leveled up some. Those 3 at least should be higher than him.

zyth

Smash Lord
Errm Nolan because he's easier to train and still has great stats, plus pretty much necessary and then Micaiah and Sothe should also be higher because they are absolutely mandatory and Sothe is actually leveled up some. Those 3 at least should be higher than him.
in the draft run im doin now Nolan didnt get any speed or strength when he leveled before 1-4 so he would get double attacked unless he had the hand axe. and with the hand axe he hardly ever hithes a good meatshield if nothing else.

I didnt count Micaiah and sothe since those are mandatory lol.

Edward was only hard to use in chapter 1-1 where he was still weak and they had lots of enemies in confined areas. after that chapter he went on to become a monster. I beat part one with him at SM lv 8

This was the drafting order. Sarcasm was a joke.
1. Delta-cod
2. ~Firefly~
3. Ryker
4. Warhawk
5. Xeylode
6. NickRiddle

I'm good for Skype in the evening hours, and we each draft 5 units. The remaining as said can't be used except for recruitment.

What time do you feel you have the largest chance of getting on for? And I assume you are in MI and that's not a false location, or else... What is your time zone?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Micaiah, Nolan, Laura, Sothe, Volug, Zihark, Tauroneo, Tormod, Muarim, Rafiel, Nailah ... are all better than Edward. Leonardo, Aran, Jill, Ilyana and Vika are arguably better as well ...

I have a great idea. Let's do a HM run where we only use the DB as much as possible and take only them into the tower.

Even if you ignore every means of abuse, that'd still be really, really hard lol.
I wonder if it's even possible to beat the last bosses that way.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
nick.riddle.zss

I have work, so I gotta do it in the late afternoon...
3:00PM EST is around when I'll get home.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Alright, I've added everybody except Warhawk. I was gonna make a group chat for this, but I can't add anybody that hasn't accepted my contact request, so I can only add Delta ATM. :x I should be free all day today (this happened to fall on one of my rare days off work, yay), but I'll be busy most of the day tomorrow, so hopefully we can get this done today. Warhawk, you can add me at jake.turner6 (awesome name...)

I have a question about the draft itself though. Does anybody have a problem with using the map to buy weapons and items? For anybody that forgot, you can go back to any location that had a shop/armory and buy whatever they had to offer at any point after you clear the chapter. I ask because it basically means keeping your units supplied is basically a non-issue, and IDK if anybody is against that, especially since we're banning pretty much everything else that comes with the map (skirmishes, tower, etc.)

I never see having to keep track of supplies as much of an issue except rarely, so I never thought of that aspect for map buying. I do not care if we add anything against it or not. If anyone feels strongly about it, then say so.

zyth

Smash Lord
Gheb you pretty much just said that everyone except meg and fiona is better than Edward. you must have either never actually used him, or you dont ever get good growths with him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
When I first played the game on EM and NM I thought he was one of the best units. And you can't *not* have good growths with him.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Gheb you pretty much just said that everyone except meg and fiona is better than Edward. you must have either never actually used him, or you dont ever get good growths with him.
Growths alone aren't a full measure of how good/bad he is. He turns out great, but on hard mode he almost much makes your team worse for much of the game because you have to baby him and that takes from other members of your team.

Also for anyone who needs to find me for the draft my Skype name is tylerwaxman.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Is everybody else almost available? Right now, I just see Delta online; Warhawk looks to be offline, and nobody else has confirmed my contact requests yet. I apparently have plans tonight, so I might not be able to stick around too much longer... >.>

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Is everybody else almost available? Right now, I just see Delta online; Warhawk looks to be offline, and nobody else has confirmed my contact requests yet. I apparently have plans tonight, so I might not be able to stick around too much longer... >.>

I'm not going to be available during the day really, but after 12-12:30 tonight I'll be on until like 2 or 3 lol.

Top Bottom