• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ugh, just listened to that. So used to talking during my LP that I refused to shut up. >_<
Just laugh with instead of getting laughed at. You simply had no subject matter and were looking to fill a void.

@Seth Discussion - Screw it. It's an empty assertion to say that he will affect the game in such a way without data to back it up. Play one with him and one without him later if he proves to be an issue.

I'd draft FE6 for sure. The game is seriously not as easy as it's made out to be if you're not playing on lolnormal mode.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd draft FE6 for sure. The game is seriously not as easy as it's made out to be if you're not playing on lolnormal mode.
I don't know makes such a claim anyway. I haven't played Shadow Dragon yet but FE6 is clearly harder than FE7 ... I found FE6 HM also harder than HHM, especially when you go for ranks.

:059:

Alright! It seems like no one else has any care in joining, but plenty of people put forth suggestion lol Anyway...

Rules:
1) All forced units are allowed and free for use for a respective chapter.
2) A unit maybe be deployed (which you did not draft) to recruit a character, but should not interact in anyway to be involved in combat, rescue, trading, etc.
3) A recruited unit on the chapter they arrive may by be treated as a forced unit.
4) Eirika Route. So everyone gets Eirika
5) No tower/ruins/arena/skirmish at all.
6) No Dark Magic Glitch

Participants who have shown interest:
Xeylode, NickRiddle, Warhawk, ~Firefly~, Delta-cod, Ryker, Sarcasm

These were all the people who showed explicit interest in joining. There are 32 draftable characters ignoring Orson, and Eirika. So, with the 6 of us, each of us can draft 5 units. The undrafted units cannot be used except for naturally helping out for recruitment. My guess is no one will want knoll. The objective is lowest turn count.

Oh, and the picking order is pretty simple. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, ....). Simply not sure how to go about picking the order in the first place other than maybe having someone else randomly select it like out of a hat or something.

Your typo and my failure to read a post above mine ;P Delta, Sarcasm is included. He just won't be allowed to draft anyone period. Check an edit near you.

zyth

Smash Lord
so which FE does everyone think was the hardest? IMO I think its Shadow dragon. On Hard 2 stars it took 3 units to kill a thief in one of the first few chapters

I sort of stopped playing FE5 half way through for some reason. I started out easy doing the elite mode for a feeler. I hate how so many users have swords, yet the only units which can capture and thus get swords have horrible accuracy. That game is quite irritating, but I bet it would be really satisfying once I get around to it.

To me, I'm betting on FE12 being the hardest of the series so far. Lunatic Reverse simply sounds horrendous with all the stuff they stack against you. Once you have a good understanding of all the maps, which characters are good, unlocked the stat boosters and class restriction, then you might have a shot at doing well at that mode.

Edit: Shadow Dragon might be the hardest stateside release. First part is getting past the level. The 2nd half is use a save point for the boss.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Oh ok my bad skimmed over that part, thank you. So I'll assume that if you didn't draft Colm you can't open chests with him except on that first chapter you get him, right?

EDIT: Also what about Chapter 5x? Are we going to skip counting turns for that chapter or is everyone who wants a chance at winning going to have to just skip that chapter?

zyth

Smash Lord
camerino you tricked me....Meg is beyond useless in HM! she dies by one tiger in the level she starts....and no way am i gonna waste BEXP on her. lol its just Ed and Jill till i get tormod and nailah

D

Deleted member

someone said meg was good and you believed it?

idk she might be better than fiona or leonardo until you do supports at least.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I trained Meg up in the Hard Mode run I'm doing right now. She's a Level 2 General with 20 in Speed and Defense, and 23 in Strength atm. RNG really liked her I guess.

In herfirst chapter, I just put Meg next to the Healing Jar below where everyone starts with Laura behind her healing her further and took my time picking Tigers and Cats off.

:phone:

camerino1

Smash Lord
I kinda tricked you... kinda. I know though that Fiona has the better support and innate abilities, so I figured I would use that to my advantage somehow :urg:

Did I ever tell you I love you? You're a pretty swell guy.
With that avatar, I cannot take this quote seriously. I lose horribly every time the two are put together lol
Oh ok my bad skimmed over that part, thank you. So I'll assume that if you didn't draft Colm you can't open chests with him except on that first chapter you get him, right?

EDIT: Also what about Chapter 5x? Are we going to skip counting turns for that chapter or is everyone who wants a chance at winning going to have to just skip that chapter?
My intention was that you can recruit a unit you didn't draft on the map they came in on and treat this newly recruited unit as a forced character for that map only. Say you didn't draft Neimi or Colm. Neimi is forced on that chapter, she recruits Colm, and he gets treated as a forced character for that chapter only.

You cannot exactly skip chapter 5x, its part of the game. And all the units there are forced, so no issues with drafting problems. So, include it in the count.
I kinda tricked you... kinda. I know though that Fiona has the better support and innate abilities, so I figured I would use that to my advantage somehow :urg:
This whole situation, LMAO.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Leonardo is like 82375293847238947289 times better than Meg in HM. And he's like the bottom of low-mid tier alongside like Edward lmao. But zyth traded Meg for Fiona, who is even more worthless so who cares XD

Meg, Fiona and Lyre are the three worst units. Maybe Astrid.

zyth

Smash Lord
Leonardo is like 82375293847238947289 times better than Meg in HM. And he's like the bottom of low-mid tier alongside like Edward lmao.
woah woah, wat tier list puts edward at bottom of mid? they crazy. my lv 1 swordmaster edward had higher hp STR SPD SKILL and DEF than my lv 3 Zihark. str skill hp and speed were maxed out before promotion and def was 16 i believe. how is Edward mid tier?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
woah woah, wat tier list puts edward at bottom of mid? they crazy. my lv 1 swordmaster edward had higher hp STR SPD SKILL and DEF than my lv 3 Zihark. str skill hp and speed were maxed out before promotion and def was 16 i believe. how is Edward mid tier?
Pretty sure tier lists also take availability and effort required to raise into account when deciding a unit's usefulness.

Also, I like Eirika's design. I'm just kinda confused about the whole class thing. Like...why?

camerino1

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll admit that even though Edward turns out fantastic, he's hard to get there on hard mode. His first class is very frail in comparison to some of the other units you can get in the first section, and in later sections.

Top Bottom