• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

zyth

Smash Lord
I used both Edward and Mia in my last playthrough of RD. As a level 20 swordmaster Mia had max
speed, strength, skill. Edward as a level 20 swordmaster only had around 23 speed, 20 strength,and 25 skill ,so I just stopped using Edward...

@ warhawk: Oswin is just too good. The only time I use wallace is too get supports I don't have yet xD
thats pretty sad. my edward always maxes str skill and speed before he gets to 20

on another note I'm having trouble on 1-3 cuz Nolan KEEPS DYING. he had terrible speed and strength growths so far, so if he equips his steel axe he gets double hit by EVERYTHING. and hen he doesnt get double hit, he cant dodge to save his life...literally. Edward dodges lance users more than Nolan does.....on solid ground. Nolan disappoints me

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nolan's AS sucks without the Hand Axe ... which has terrible Acc. Give him the energy drops from 1-2 and he can wield the Steel Axe fine though. Without that [or the Draco shield or both] he kinda blows in HM.

:059:

But this is also the game with Casual mode, which means that characters don't die when they are killed.

It would have been the perfect game for NoA to localize. :054:
I just think Intelligent Systems has a pretty negative viewing of westerners capabilities to play a strategy game. Their actions and interviews (?) declare as much. And an attitude like theirs is not likely to change in only a few games. We still have not even heard of a NA release yet although a european one was announced for FE13. If they do not announce it at E3, then I've sort of lost all faith in Intelligent Systems.
on another note I'm having trouble on 1-3 cuz Nolan KEEPS DYING. he had terrible speed and strength growths so far, so if he equips his steel axe he gets double hit by EVERYTHING. and hen he doesnt get double hit, he cant dodge to save his life...literally. Edward dodges lance users more than Nolan does.....on solid ground. Nolan disappoints me
At least your not too far into the game yet. Restarting for new stats wouldn't be a complete chore.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Intelligent Systems doesn't really have any say in if a FE gets localized, it's up to NoA. IS probably doesn't care much anyways because they, like most Japanese developers, design most of their games with only Japan in mind.

It's all up to NoA to decide if a NA localization is worth the time and money, and I don't thing IS has much of a say in that. :/

I don't know if IS has a negative view of westerners, to be fair I don't read all their interviews so I could be missing something, but it's something I see with a lot of Japanese companies, they view their games as a very niche subject that are only really popular with Japanese people and will be very surprised to hear that their games have a foreign audience.

I'd like to see some of these interviews that make IS seem like they look down on foreigners honestly.

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
thats pretty sad. my edward always maxes str skill and speed before he gets to 20

Nolan is usually my favorite axe wielder in RD. He usually gets good speed,skill, and hp, but not always good strength. Plus Tarvos helps out alot.

Well, I guess I either heard it 2nd hand or simply cannot find the sources where I thought I read first hand about their attitudes. It probably wasn't IS itself, but someone somewhere in the chain of getting the game out had to have said something. I suppose my memory is completely shot too... I'd like to think otherwise.

Sometimes I wanted to get Titantia SS in swords so she can use Alondite or Vague Katti in the endgame.

D

Deleted member

For characters available to you, the following can get SS sword rank:

Edward
Meg
Zihark
Black Knight
Lucia
Makalov
Elincia
Ike
Mist
Mia
Stefan

I think that's all of them. Of which, only 5 are potentially trueblades (Edward, Zihark, Lucia, Mia, Stefan). Also, the 3 males can get SS rank as a swordmaster.

D

Deleted member

I don't blame you. I just recently tried Mist and she did much better than I expected her to.

I haven't tried Edward or Stefan yet, mostly because they're not earth affinity or Mia.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If Edward is blessed by the RNG with each level up, he's capable of taking a level 20, max HP and Defense Ike down in Chapter 3-13 with the Brave Sword by himself. He's an absolute beast.

:phone:

Since FE8 is a bit easier than the other FE games, I was thinking of these rules standard and used to make it a bit harder. Wish I had done a draft before though.

1) Forced units are allowed.
2) No one can draft Seth.
3) All forced units are allowed and free for use for a respective chapter.
4) A unit maybe be deployed to recruit a character, but should not interact in anyway to be involved in combat, rescue, trading, etc.
5) A recruited unit on the chapter they arrive may by be treated as a forced unit.
6) Ephraim Route
7) No tower/ruins at all.
Not sure if anything else should be added, changed or how many people should be in this and with what picking order.

You probably could ban the laguz royals. They help out a ton as you very well know.
Well, instead of editing the stuff, keep putting out suggestions. Again, I forgot about the skirmishes too.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Since FE8 is a bit easier than the other FE games, I was thinking of these rules standard and used to make it a bit harder. Wish I had done a draft before though.

1) Forced units are allowed.
2) No one can draft Seth.
3) All forced units are allowed and free for use for a respective chapter.
4) A unit maybe be deployed to recruit a character, but should not interact in anyway to be involved in combat, rescue, trading, etc.
5) A recruited unit on the chapter they arrive may by be treated as a forced unit.
6) Ephraim Route
7) No tower/ruins at all.
Not sure if anything else should be added, changed or how many people should be in this and with what picking order.
Hard Mode Eirika Route is more difficult. Just saying.

zyth

Smash Lord
You probably could ban the laguz royals. They help out a ton as you very well know.
Well, instead of editing the stuff, keep putting out suggestions. Again, I forgot about the skirmishes too.
honestly trying to beat Ashera without the royals is kinda ridiculus. the auras restore 40 hp per turn and most non-royals only do around 8-15 dmg per hit, 15-25 on the tile opposite the DEF/RES the aura is on. the royals except nailah all do over 30 damage, tibarn hits twice, Kurth sadly almost always misses.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I beat ashurea with no royals countless times. Use the two red dragons for +10 attack. Nasir gives +5 speed to let some units double

camerino1

Smash Lord
Exactly that. I never bring royals with me, only one I've ever brought was Nailah, and that was only on my first playthrough of the game (and it was my first time playing an FE game too, so yeah :p)

Top Bottom