• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

camerino1

Smash Lord
He's the best Jeigan, in my opinion. His growth rates are arguably the best of the cavaliers too... only stat that ends up low is HP, because he has a low base. The growth is 90%.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Funny story, I was in the middle of an Eirika solo when she got massively speed screwed. She had 14 speed at level 20.

14 speed.

I started over.

It's kind of hard to solo as Ross because he comes as such a frail unit. Once you get him past Trainee status, he's really good though.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yea, maybe Seth should be allowed but only after a certain chapter for the player that drafted him.
Why limit him? I've played Seth solo and later chapters are ****ing hard. Using him in the beginning is still using a Jeigan and you're still hurting other units and he's not getting meaningful EXP.

--

Funny story, I was in the middle of an Eirika solo when she got massively speed screwed. She had 14 speed at level 20.

14 speed.

I started over.

It's kind of hard to solo as Ross because he comes as such a frail unit. Once you get him past Trainee status, he's really good though.
I got my Erika to 16 and she had her base 3 strength. Don't talk to me.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I played FE6, and my Roy had 6 Str at level 12. The next level ups until 20 all have him Str. It was neat, because I thought that my Roy was going to suck. He has over 10 in all stats though already~

camerino1

Smash Lord
Roy just has a bad promotion time. Statistically he's a good lord. My Oujay, Bors, Wendy and Barth support chain and stats that they all have would make everyone jelly, especially Oujay :cool:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
If he promoted... Ever... He might not be bad... His purpose is to take thrones and kill the final boss.

:phone:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Roy is so bad.
I should screen-shot some of my stats in my 6 HM LP. My Lugh would make everybody jelly.

:phone:
I already am. =/ Lugh was really good for me when I did my Normal mode run, but he's turning out to be really mediocre on the Hard Mode run I'm doing now. One time, I lost a chapter because he got DOUBLE ATTACKED BY A BOSS (the hero from 8x IIRC). He had such good speed last time that I didn't even look at it as a possibility...

I've never really used Seth seriously before, but the people at Serenes Forest at least seem to think he's pretty broken. They use terms like "Sethless" to describe playthroughs. =s

:005:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've used Seth like, once. But ever since I stopped using him because he's an exp leech, I haven't had any trouble doing any runs without him.

Like seriously, the game's not that hard. >_>

camerino1

Smash Lord
It ends right after he promotes and gets good. It sucks that that happens though, because he'd turn out good if he promoted 5 chapters sooner.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I honestly just say it's his promotion time. His stats are better than Eliwood, that's for sure.
Not really. The only thing significantly better in terms of average stats is his luck. Eliwood has better strength and negligibly better defense. Roy has better luck and negligibly better speed and skill. For all intents and purposes they are even in health and resistance. Comparing their average stats, the luck advantage is the only reason he even kinda beats Eliwood even though Eliwood's plus 2 strength and plus 1 defense much more useful than Roy's plus 1 to skill and speed. Then throw in the fact of how they screw Roy with how late he promotes and Eliwood's the better lord and Eliwood's not the greatest lord to begin with lol.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I... guess I'll say what my used characters have as stats. Here I go~

Char. /Lv/Hp/Str/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def/Res
Roy, 20, 35, 14, 15, 19, 19, 13, 9
Saul, 30, 42, 16, 21, 22, 8, 7, 19
Oujay, 26, 48, 23, 20, 23, 20, 13, 11
Lilina, 26, 40, 27, 13, 17, 17, 9, 18
Miledy, 24, 44, 20, 19, 19, 11, 19, 5
Bors, 24, 45, 21, 18, 18, 14, 23, 5
Wendy, 23, 41, 20, 12, 18, 15, 21, 9
Barth, 23, 42, 22, 13, 14, 7, 24, 8
Zeiss, 23, 46, 23, 20, 20, 13, 20, 4
Treck, 25, 44, 20, 19, 16, 16, 15, 4
Noah, 25, 44, 20, 17, 16, 15, 17, 5
Gonzo, 24, 57, 23, 13, 22, 15, 15, 0
Chad, 12, 27, 9, 7, 20, 12, 5, 2

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Its possible to just solo the game with him though
It's possible to solo the game with a lot of characters, though.
You've clearly never actually played Hard Mode lol. Feel free to draft Seth and only Seth.

But yeah eirika route is much harder on hard mode. Her STR just isnt good enough and everything kills her in 1 or 2 hits. She requires crazy amount of babying. Ephraim has usable low level stats, he's way easier overall than Eirika.

I wanted Seth to not be drafted because I felt the person using him would get a pretty decent advantage in turns early on. Everyone else would be wasting turns leveling up units and trying to meet objectives while the person with Seth plows through in the early chapters. And its not like he stops. His growths keep him going the entire game and his exp burn is not that bad when you have fewer units to spread it too.

Its up to everyone what you want to do, but I'd rather not have him used period beyond forced chapters or allow everyone to use him for the whole game or up to a point. I'll sum the majority of stuff people agreed too shortly.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
As long as I can use Eirika in the early chapters, I'm good.
I generally don't use other units until I get Ross/Colm.

Top Bottom