• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The handheld games (at least, the GBA games, FE6-8) have a very different style of animation from the console games. They have sprite based animations that are much more...well, animated than the console games, which have comparatively much more realistic animations. From my experience, most people (myself included) seem to find the GBA animations more pleasing, which I think makes the game seem faster. I can't really comment on game speed in terms of menus and unit movement though; I haven't played either of the console games in quite a while.

:005:
Hmm..I see, I'm guessing that the animations are smoother and faster since there isn't any transitioning between screens while playing? I guess that sounds plausauble, hopefully FE13 will do the same, and yeah, it will be cool to actually have a second screen showing stats and such while simuteneously battling an army.

Still waiting for FE13.. (is it still called that?) but gonna wait incase they pull a dumb DLC money sink
DLC on that game? I hope not, I just hope some kind of online is implemented, y'know, like battling each others armies and such, just like Disgaea does.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
People play with animations enabled on the console games?

Jeez, talk about tripling the game's length.
for serial, I turn them off after the first little while of playing, like to keep them on to get a sense of what they look like.

I'm hoping that the next console game simply has to pan the camera closer to the characters and show them attack rather than go into a completely different screen and resolution to slowly show one character walking attack, doing damage, then the other, the exp.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hmm..I see, I'm guessing that the animations are smoother and faster since there isn't any transitioning between screens while playing? I guess that sounds plausauble, hopefully FE13 will do the same, and yeah, it will be cool to actually have a second screen showing stats and such while simuteneously battling an army.

DLC on that game? I hope not, I just hope some kind of online is implemented, y'know, like battling each others armies and such, just like Disgaea does.
Game was announced to br the first game ln the 3ds to have dlc

For multiplayer i think they should have objective maps where you a defend/siege map where the one sieging gets 3-5 more units, and a domination type of map where there are like 3 forts and the objective is to either capture all 3 or wipe the enemy. (if both sides go down to 2 units each, its a draw)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
A new trailer for the upcoming FE game is up: (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

There's also a wealth of information up on Serenes Forest. (click) The game is due out in Japan on the 19th of April, but no North American release has been confirmed, despite the fact that it has been confirmed for release in Europe. (TBA 2012) I really hope we don't get left out on this one. :glare:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Operation FireFall. This looked sick and would definitely be a reason for m to buy a 3DS. I'm not really interested in remakes or Kid Icarus right now but this...I need it.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Whooooo im playing through FE7 again(just finished hard mode playthrough of FE 8 on my 3DS) only im too much of a ***** to do Hector Hard Mode.

Help me out SWF, is there a good way to kill kishuna on Ch 19x without relying on crits? Cus i had to literally redo the stage 3 times just to have the RNG gods decide they'd be nice enough to let me kill him #11

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I never bother trying kishuna on HHM.. In other modes then just use promoted units with silver/killer weapons.

In HHM i had to promote Guy just to kill the snipers since Florina wasn't strong enough to do it alone. (and i RNG abused her str to 11 in Lyn's route)

If the new FE doesn't come out in America i'm probably gonna be going down an evil path...

camerino1

Smash Lord
...It wouldn't be a smart business path for them to follow... neither was not sending us New Mystery... but they didn't, so it's up in the air and a little disappointing...

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
So I'm reading the speculation stuff on Awakening. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Also, sometime last week I asked my friends what kind of unit they'd like to be in FE. I said someone who used swords and magic. IS must be reading my mind because that's what My Unit is in Awakening.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The "Masked Man = Marth" thing kind of reminds me of the early days from the first FE10 trailers, where everyone seemed to be convinced that Micaiah was Ilyana. There do seem to be a lot of strong parallels, but I'm not going to look into it too much; I'd rather wait to play the game myself and let everything unravel from there.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/13/marth-returns-for-3ds-fire-emblem/

Old news? I don't know. Apparently confirming the masked guy as Marth and that other FE characters will show up as DLC.

No matter, I'm starting to miss being able to get FE games that I play for more than a couple chapters, this one looks better than Shadow Dragon, even if I'm a little disappointed that you can revisit old maps for exp.

Please Nintendo. :(

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Masked Man what?............

Seriously, someone please enlighten me on FE news, I missed so since then announcement of "Chrome"

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Apparently the masked man is Marth.

Oh and i heard there is a battle cleric class that uses axes. If that means what i think, i'ma like the heroine cleric.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Release dates: 19th April 2012 (Japan), 2012 (Europe)

uiergherulgheruilghrleuih I HATE YOU NINTENDO Y NO NA RELEASE? I don't want to go down the dark road

From the information section, what i'm happy about:

-Anima magic is 1 type of magic again (i hate thunder, wind, fire being seperate)
-Branched promotions
-Lunatic difficulty
-Skills still in
-My unit
-Longer support conversations seem to be coming back

Clerics, such as Liz, can promote to the axe-wielding Battle Cleric
Liz is my favorite unit. I FINALLY HAVE MY LOLI WITH AN AXE <3

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I want to say this while sounding as little like an ignorant american as possible, but in the event that this game isn't releases in the US, what're the chances of there being a french EU translation? I'm assuming high. If I can only get my hands on a french version (and if there's no compatibility issues) I think I know enough french to understand what's going on.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Why french? Just get English from UK

pretty sure 3DS games are region locked however, given how Pokemon went.. (people couldn't import it, they had to use a japanese rom and english patch it)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ If Europe is getting Fire Emblem Awaking, I'm sure the US will to, just don't know when. )=

☯ My guess is a few months after Europe, assuming NoA doesn't pull away a very desired game for 3DS.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Don't get me wrong, radiant dawn had an excellent support system gameplay wise because you could pair anyone together. Just story wise it sucked so hard that you tended to ignore characters more easily since you didn't learn about them.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Updated information and maybe some more later. It seems you can endlessly level up characters by changing classes using a Change Seal. We also now have offensive magic wielding Dark Pegasus and the Taguel transform into rabbits (so that's the transforming thing from the previews and trailers).

camerino1

Smash Lord
I don't know that I like all of the new units, to be honest. I liked the old ones... now I feel like they may be branching out too much. I want barbar back though, and merc. I hope that they don't kill off any unit types.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Updated information and maybe some more later. It seems you can endlessly level up characters by changing classes using a Change Seal. We also now have offensive magic wielding Dark Pegasus and the Taguel transform into rabbits (so that's the transforming thing from the previews and trailers).
dark magic on a pegasus, i'm sold (sounds terrible, but damn those are my two favorite classes)

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
dark magic on a pegasus, i'm sold (sounds terrible, but damn those are my two favorite classes)
I think you're misunderstanding something here Ussi. It seems magic is all one weapon level like in Shadow Dragon.

If only rumors were true :(
I get my information from Serenes Forest and I think they're reliable.

I want barbar back though, and merc. I hope that they don't kill off any unit types.
I missed the mercenary too, but they couldn't do that for PoR. Because of branched promotions, we still get heroes via fighters.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Anybody interested in fe4/fe5?

Loved those games, even more than the english FEs.

also glad I finally found an FE thread.

Top Bottom