• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Patinator

Smash Champion
I see. I have a rank of B in PoR so I have to beat that game all over again.... no problem, just that my PoR CD don't work anymore. T_T

I'll just use my firends PoR then to get that last conversation.
You're lucky. I never GOT Path of Radiance. :/

As for the ratings... I'd say no higher than, going by percentages here, 91%. No less than 81%. It has an EPIC story, though the fact that the senators are just typical power-hungry villains kinda detracts from it...

But the fact that the first part of the game, and... Aw heck, getting through the whole game without losing anyone is pretty hard.

Now, I have big news for you all. Or at least, anyone who's having trouble leveling their guys up, since Bonus EXP hurts you...

In any map where the win condition is Rout Enemy, that also has a Priest (I'm talking about Part 1, here, specifically Part 1 Chapter 6 Stage 1.), keep him alive and let him continuously heal himself.

Yeah, that is such a Wavedash*, right? Heh-heh, I got some of my people, namely Micaiah and Leonardo, above Level 10 that way! ^_^

*Wavedash is, in my Patinator vocabulary, interchangable with exploit. XD

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
You're lucky. I never GOT Path of Radiance. :/

As for the ratings... I'd say no higher than, going by percentages here, 91%. No less than 81%. It has an EPIC story, though the fact that the senators are just typical power-hungry villains kinda detracts from it...

But the fact that the first part of the game, and... Aw heck, getting through the whole game without losing anyone is pretty hard.

Now, I have big news for you all. Or at least, anyone who's having trouble leveling their guys up, since Bonus EXP hurts you...

In any map where the win condition is Rout Enemy, that also has a Priest (I'm talking about Part 1, here, specifically Part 1 Chapter 6 Stage 1.), keep him alive and let him continuously heal himself.

Yeah, that is such a Wavedash*, right? Heh-heh, I got some of my people, namely Micaiah and Leonardo, above Level 10 that way! ^_^

*Wavedash is, in my Patinator vocabulary, interchangable with exploit. XD
Bonus Exp hurts you?

Odd I use a lot of it and my characters turned out fine.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Lol. Bonus EXP turns your characters into Swedish killing machines.

He's just not abusing it correctly.

To everyone in this thread, I highly suggest you play FE4 and 5.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Lol. Bonus EXP turns your characters into Swedish killing machines.

He's just not abusing it correctly.

To everyone in this thread, I highly suggest you play FE4 and 5.

Actually, what I meant was, it hurts you in the long run if you directly level people up with it. You give everyone EXP so they have 99. Leveling them up with it only grants them three maximum stat boosts, unlike normal level ups.

Right?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Actually, what I meant was, it hurts you in the long run if you directly level people up with it. You give everyone EXP so they have 99. Leveling them up with it only grants them three maximum stat boosts, unlike normal level ups.

Right?
Nah bonus exp. doesn't cap at a max of 3. Its all random (though some characters have a tendency to be good and bad in certain stats.)

Like Aran for example... really slow. His chance of getting speed level ups is unfortunately... not very good.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Nah bonus exp. doesn't cap at a max of 3. Its all random (though some characters have a tendency to be good and bad in certain stats.)

Like Aran for example... really slow. His chance of getting speed level ups is unfortunately... not very good.
...Really? Huh. I've never gotten over three stat boosts for one level. Ever.

Ever. o_o

AlexX

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who uses non-royal laguz frequently in this game? I always use Ranulf, personally... Starts out strong and easily turns into one of the strongest in terms of raw stats.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Am I the only one who uses non-royal laguz frequently in this game? I always use Ranulf, personally... Starts out strong and easily turns into one of the strongest in terms of raw stats.
Rsnulf isn't bad. I use him once in a while. Though on hard missions I prefer to keep him out and the royal's in. There really aren't a lot of non-royal laguz. Just Ranulf, the 2 cat sisters (who aren't very good) fat cat (who I use as once in a while as well, 2 birds (same as runulf and fat cat).

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
There is no demi band in this game (that I am aware of), so any laguz without formshift (besides herons) aren't worth it for me.

That includes:
Muarim
Vika
Ulki
Janaff
Lethe
Lyre
Kyza
Mordecai
Oh and Ena and Kurthnaga (whom you are unfortunately required to use.)

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Never played this game, though I have played the 2 for the GBA, which are both good.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
If there is a sequel to Radiant Dawn (which there likely won't be), what they need to do is give all Laguz the ability to permanent form shift... the current limitations are just to much for Laguz to be useful.

Though I'ld like to see half laguz with half shifting and weapons myself...

How awesome would a Werewolf with a sword be? :bee:

Patinator

Smash Champion
If there is a sequel to Radiant Dawn (which there likely won't be), what they need to do is give all Laguz the ability to permanent form shift... the current limitations are just to much for Laguz to be useful.

Though I'ld like to see half laguz with half shifting and weapons myself...

How awesome would a Werewolf with a sword be? :bee:
I don't know... Laguz are too stupid to use weapons. It wouldn't make sense. :/

Plus, killing someone with your teeth, fangs, claws, etc. sounds MUCH more...Entertaining that with a weapon...

Halfshift for more Laguz than Volug would be nice.

frontier

Smash Rookie
Halfshift for more Laguz than Volug would be nice.
They can the skill is called Wildheart I think. It allows the Laguz to halfshift @ any time but only recieve half exp. For Ranulf though he doesn't receive that much exp. in part 3 anyway unless he owns a boss so I usually give him Wildheart. You can also take Volug's skill also which I think is wildheart also in part 3 and give it to another laguz later on. Still I'm not too fond of halfshift the fact of only have exp and that your stats are multiplied by 1.5 instead of 2 isn't really working for me.
So I usually don't bring Laguz except a royal or two in the Tower in the end. In fact I only use Ena and Kurth to block the Dragons from entering from the northwest with Ena and northeast with Kurth with the help of a shine barrier in the 3rd part.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The Laguz are not that hard to keep transformed though. You get like a million olivi grasses, and if you're only using one or two Laguz it should be more than enough to keep them transformed for the majority of the battles.

I use Ranulf and Ulki in almost every playthrough, and find Ulki in partiular to be very usefull.

D

Deleted member

Also, can someone tell me all the support endings? I'm trying to get them all.

AlexX

Smash Ace
Because god FORBID you be forced use strategy in a strategy game... >.>

To permanently shift laguz would make them incredibly broken since, if you haven't noticed, they are among the best units in terms of raw stats.

really aren't a lot of non-royal laguz. Just Ranulf, the 2 cat sisters (who aren't very good) fat cat (who I use as once in a while as well, 2 birds (same as runulf and fat cat).
Who's the fat cat? The tigers?

And Lyre is pretty good, she just requries a LOT of handholding, making it questionable as to whether or not she's worth it.

NeroDB

Smash Cadet
This was a hard topic to find, Anywho
After playing Brawl i've grown fond of Ike, so i'm doubting wether to try Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn since it has mixed reviews.

What's bad-good about the Fire emblem series? or more specifically FE: RD

Patinator

Smash Champion
This was a hard topic to find, Anywho
After playing Brawl i've grown fond of Ike, so i'm doubting wether to try Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn since it has mixed reviews.

What's bad-good about the Fire emblem series? or more specifically FE: RD
Well, one bad thing about RD is that, for new players to the Fire Emblem series who don't know what they're doing, it's pretty darn hard. Heck, I even had trouble with FE: Sacred Stones for the first two years of ownage. o_o *Swears at Lagdou Ruins, which have not been conquered ONCE yet*

That's one bad thing about Fire Emblem as a whole. New players find it really challenging, and may even let units die. That isn't a good thing to do, and not just if you want to see what happens after the game ends. Any unit can become good, I guess. Except a few in FE:RD, but then I'm speaking from Sacred Stones experience. >_>;;;

I suggest renting it, trying it, and buying a copy yourself if you like it.

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
Although I'll admit Radiant Dawn definitely was harder than the previous American Fire Emblem releases, I still didn't find it "extremely difficult" like some people make it out to be.

It's definitely a good game, an improvement over Path of Radiance IMO.

NeroDB

Smash Cadet
What about the Story/Voice acting itself? I heard RD had different chapters and in those chapters it was always a different main lead character.

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
What about the Story/Voice acting itself? I heard RD had different chapters and in those chapters it was always a different main lead character.
Throughout the game there's cinematic cutscenes, every cinematic cutscene has voice acting. Also before every chapter, a narrator will explain the objective and whenever it does it also has voice acting. The voice acting isn't anything spectacular, but it's a nice and pretty cool. As for the storyline, IMO it was quite good, but you'll have to play to see for yourself :p

The game is separated into 4 different parts, with the exception of Part 4, every part will have a different lead character.

Part 1- Micaiah
Part 2- Elincia
Part 3- Ike

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Some of the voice acting is actually pretty hideous. "GOLDOA WILL NOT MOOOVE!" "Hold! HOLD I SAY!!!" etc.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Although I'll admit Radiant Dawn definitely was harder than the previous American Fire Emblem releases, I still didn't find it "extremely difficult" like some people make it out to be.

It's definitely a good game, an improvement over Path of Radiance IMO.
is that so? well I'm a huge fan of RPG's and i've always wanted to play an FE just because well... it's an RPG, but this statement of it being "difficult wants to make me try this game that much more, so I might be getting this probably over PoR.

NeroDB

Smash Cadet
I decided to give it a go with the renting but unfortunatly it's not up for rent, So it's either a buy or no buy ; ;. I appreciate it for replying to my questions by the way ;)

Also i love games with hard difficulties, it makes the game look longer
Except for ninja gaiden, you might aswell call that game Retry gaiden. :p

Lovely

Smash Lord
I played this game on hard mode, and died at the prolouge. x_x

I didn't think any FE game would be this hard, that's why I like it I guess.

derv

Smash Apprentice
Haar/Nephenee are possibly the best units in the game, especially with bonus experience abuse :D

ill explain bonus experience abuse

bonus experience gives 3 stat upgrades unless only 2 or 1 stat can be upgraded

so you level a unit normally until he gets a few capped stats
after the unit gets some capped stats (usually about level 12 onwards)
he will usually only get one or 2 stat upgrades (thank you random number generator)
so you use bonus experience to get a definite 3 stat upgrade.

also what was you favorite cutscene? mine was the one at the end of part 2
seeing shinon and rolf in the tree was just ace. then Ike runs up and we get a big slaughter fest, awesome

Patinator

Smash Champion
Haar/Nephenee are possibly the best units in the game, especially with bonus experience abuse :D
I concur, at least for Nephenee. Haar tends to fail at times. >_> Heck, as a Halberdier, Nephenee took out half the guys on Part Four Chapter Two. Then she changed to Sentinel... o_o;;;

also what was you favorite cutscene? mine was the one at the end of part 2
seeing shinon and rolf in the tree was just ace. then Ike runs up and we get a big slaughter fest, awesome
Hmm. Either that (Titled, "The Execution") or "River Crossing", because Zelgius is awesome.

@ NeroBD: Any time. :)

derv

Smash Apprentice
bonus experience ensures haar is ever more awesome

black knight talk here:
was anyone else annoyed at the fact that the black knights identity was revealed?

sure zelgius is cool, but hes no black knight, sure thats a lie, but you know what i mean
black knight was one of those characters who you wanted to know who it was, that was one of the things that made him great

i also realised sakurai has lied to us
Ragnell is not a two handed sword, it was dual wielded with alondite in the big war
so......sakurai lies

D

Deleted member

Well, by fail, I mean... Well... It's just, when an opponent has a 56 hit rate and Elthunder, he tends to get hit.

ALL THE ****ING TIME. >_>
Oh i see lol. Just keep him away from the thunder mages then:p

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I wonder if Sigrun/Tanith/Marcia are better...
I would say Marcia due for her high speed and good power. Sigrun has better power but a little lower speed. And Tanith... have great speed but have the lowest hitting percent. O_o

But all they magic resistant is keen, but the arrows **** they azzes. x_x

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks Shinon is overall on of the best units by endgame? Has great stats and growths, and double bow has 1-3 range and boosts strength :o

And I hate you're forced to have 4 not so good units in the last chapters (the 2 dragons are underlevelled, Sanaki who dies way too easily and sothe who's pretty much obsolete because of volke). The fact you're given a bunch of broken royal laguz on a silver platter also annoys me. It's like, screw the other units you've been using most of the time.

D

Deleted member

Well there are some times... >_> *Glares at Bolting tome*

I wonder if Sigrun/Tanith/Marcia are better...
Marcia is the best of the 3 cause of her speed and power. Though i don't use her enough, cause like 1 shot from an arrow and she dies. >.> Bahhhhhh!!!!!

@Icy_Eagle: I'll admit that the Dragons suck, but Sothe is actually pretty darn good (but yeah, not as good as Volke) and Sanaki can weild the SS Fire tome. (eliminating Calill or Tormod for the tome to make room for other units) Just give her Paragon and occasional Bonus EXP.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Marcia is the best of the 3 cause of her speed and power. Though i don't use her enough, cause like 1 shot from an arrow and she dies. >.> Bahhhhhh!!!!!

@Icy_Eagle: I'll admit that the Dragons suck, but Sothe is actually pretty darn good (but yeah, not as good as Volke) and Sanaki can weild the SS Fire tome. (eliminating Calill or Tormod for the tome to make room for other units) Just give her Paragon and occasional Bonus EXP.
sothe isn't really bad, it's just i'd prefer to have more choice and volke pretty much surpasses him in every way possible. Yes, sanaki is the best fire wielder, but fire is hardly needed in the last chapters since there are no beasts. plus, she has more problem taking hits than micaiah. I got around that by giving her meteor though.

Top Bottom