• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

derv

Smash Apprentice
Sothe is good if you played PoR and leveled him up, thankfully i did :)
also my i saved bonus experience for Kurth and Sanaki and gave them paragon and sanaki is decent and kurth is amazing, i made sure all my character where as high levelled as possible (i bonus xp leveled reyson to 40, wasnt really worth it though it is good to get him to 30 to help the laguz)

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Sothe is good if you played PoR and leveled him up, thankfully i did :)
also my i saved bonus experience for Kurth and Sanaki and gave them paragon and sanaki is decent and kurth is amazing, i made sure all my character where as high levelled as possible (i bonus xp leveled reyson to 40, wasnt really worth it though it is good to get him to 30 to help the laguz)
Well, any unit can get good through babying obviously but w/e. And by the way, Sothe capped at everything except defense so that wasn't a problem for me, I just didn't really want to use him.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Marcia is the best of the 3 cause of her speed and power. Though i don't use her enough, cause like 1 shot from an arrow and she dies. >.> Bahhhhhh!!!!!
Yeah, well, enemy bow units are broken anyway. Oh if ONLY the Fili Shield existed. -_-;

I've figured out one (more) thing I dislike about this game, and that is the lack of replayability. The only reason I'm torturing myself with a second playthrough is because I'm a fanboy of dark magic.

Right now it's only difficult because I REALLY REALLY REALLY want Sephiran at the end of part four. >_< Tips, anyone? I have to get Ike to talk to the Black Knight in Part Three Chapter... Eight? Seven?

Meteor

Smash Rookie
Put Nullify on people who'll get one-shotted by effective weapons (Elinciaplz).

Aside from viewing the memory scene in the tower, Ike also needs to survive a round versus the Black Knight on 3-7, which in turn requires that he'll need (I think) 27 speed to avoid getting double attacked. Personally, I never used Sephiran much on the final chapter...though he'd be useful if you want another healer for Ashera's massive area attacks.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Ah.

Yeah, well, he has 26. -_- Only reason I want Sephiran is so I can claim full completion on an impossible game. That and, he's awesome, what with his SS Light, SS Dark, and SS Staff. O_o I can hardly imagine Balberith, Rexaura, and... I guess the Ashera Staff on someone at once!

Meteor

Smash Rookie
True, he's awesome. Just I never found an actual need to use him, since my other characters got the job done. The fact that he can't hurt Ashera (mantle) hurts him, though you could go and nuke those elementals if you had nothing better to do with him. He's also probably your best Matrona user...

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
=x

At least Pelleas rocks thanks to his high magic, speed, and defense stats.
Um...his speed and defense are both pretty bad (31 and 24 max? Yuck). His magic is just okay.
Plus there's the fact that's he's barely in the game. Note: Sephiran can hurt Ashera if you pass along Micaiah's Rexaura onto him (if you chose it to be blessed). Since he's faster, give him the Rexaura and let him attack and have Micaiah focus on healing. Then it's like you have two Micaiahs =).

Meteor

Smash Rookie
31 speed's fine, 24 defense is slightly higher than the standard mage. Yeah, his largest problem is that he comes so late/underleveled in the game (level 12 sage wtf)...As for the blessed thing, I'd forgotten about that--I typically only bless Nosferatu on Micaiah, so the damage would be hardy noticeable. Having another healer is hot though.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
31 speed's fine, 24 defense is slightly higher than the standard mage. Yeah, his largest problem is that he comes so late/underleveled in the game (level 12 sage wtf)...As for the blessed thing, I'd forgotten about that--I typically only bless Nosferatu on Micaiah, so the damage would be hardy noticeable. Having another healer is hot though.
Calill is the only sage that has lower defense. Everyone else is equal or higher (not that 24 defense max is really worth bragging about to begin with. Also note the awful 30% growth).
You can look here if you need help finding max stats/growths: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/

Also 31 speed is pretty bad. Only Brom, Ilyana, Rhys, Ena. Gareth, and Nasir are slower. Every other character has 31 or more speed. He probably won't double too much. I'm referring to hard mode btw, on easy and normal mode, anything goes, you can pretty much do whatever you want and get away with it.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be too sure about normal mode there. ^^;;;

Well, I'm beginning to think my plans of getting Pelleas to level 21 in the first chapter I can use him won't work out that well...

Sensai

Smash Master
Bump.

I know, I know. You people can all yell at me for bumping such an ancient thread but, there's a purpose.

I recently replayed Path of Radiance, a game which I really did like. Unfortunately, I'm the most unlucky man in the world and my Ike leveled up...poorly. I think his final strength was something like 16. That wasn't enough to even hurt the final boss, who only Ike can hurt (well, Ena/laguz general too, but Ena sucked hardcore and the general doesn't appear in hardmore til AFTER the first boss).

So, I'm just YouTubing the ending. I was playing the game mostly for the story anyways and I think I got it all, bar the ending which I'll be watching shortly.

My question is this: do I need to level up any specific character to progress the game further? Just tell me now so I can go ahead and know. Don't spoil anything for me, just gimme a 'yes, X character needs X stat.'

Thanks in advance.

XrRydr

Smash Rookie
There really isn't anything specific to worry about, just about anyone can attack the final boss. You shouldn't have much trouble with bad characters in the end section of the game. The only thing to be concerned about is that the characters you use in the beginning of the game may not be that great, but you do need to keep the leveled and strong enough to use in some of the later chapters, so just don't abuse your jegian-ish characters for the first 10 chapters or so.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
God I really need to find time for this game. PoR was freaking awesome, and I started playing this one, but then I got my 360 and that kind of took over. I just remember how much I loved the story and the gameplay, Fire Emblem is freaking awesome- the two GBA ones were amazing.

How would you all say this game compares to PoR?

guild525

Smash Rookie
God I really need to find time for this game. PoR was freaking awesome, and I started playing this one, but then I got my 360 and that kind of took over. I just remember how much I loved the story and the gameplay, Fire Emblem is freaking awesome- the two GBA ones were amazing.

This game is definitely harder (if you don't use Battle Saves.) The Story is what would you would expect from a Fire Emblem, and it really depends on you, whether you like the groups flipping back and forth. TBH, I liked the Greil Mercenaries much better than the Dawn Brigade :/...

Patinator

Smash Champion
=x

At least Pelleas rocks thanks to his high magic, speed, and defense stats.
Since other people bumped this I can reply. I can safely confirm the above statement. Pelleas is at least equal to Soren as a magic unit.

If not twice as good.

Now, for something more pessimistic: I wish every character had at least ONE SENTENCE of voice acting... :/

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The level of hardness in this game is OVER NINE THOUSSSAAAAND!!!!

Seriously, this game is hard as hell if you played it for the first time on normal. If you already played this game and play normal again, then you should get used to it, but hard mode is just.... RETARTED HARD. =/

But over and all, I say this game is better,
even though the custom maps should had been in the game and the chemistry conversation could had been better.

Patinator

Smash Champion
The level of hardness in this game is OVER NINE THOUSSSAAAAND!!!!

Seriously, this game is hard as hell if you played it for the first time on normal. If you already played this game and play normal again, then you should get used to it, but hard mode is just.... RETARTED HARD. =/

But over and all, I say this game is better,
even though the custom maps should had been in the game and the chemistry conversation could had been better.

Err...

Not quite over nine thousand as you put it, but this game is pretty dang hard if you have no clue who ends up good. That's what Serenes Forest dot net is for, though. :p

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I should pick up Radiant Dawn some time, but I still need to beat Path of Radiance first (hard mode seemed too easy so I got bored). I'm used to the difficulty in the SNES FE games, so RD should be no problem.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Bump.

I know, I know. You people can all yell at me for bumping such an ancient thread but, there's a purpose.

I recently replayed Path of Radiance, a game which I really did like. Unfortunately, I'm the most unlucky man in the world and my Ike leveled up...poorly. I think his final strength was something like 16. That wasn't enough to even hurt the final boss, who only Ike can hurt (well, Ena/laguz general too, but Ena sucked hardcore and the general doesn't appear in hardmore til AFTER the first boss).

So, I'm just YouTubing the ending. I was playing the game mostly for the story anyways and I think I got it all, bar the ending which I'll be watching shortly.

My question is this: do I need to level up any specific character to progress the game further? Just tell me now so I can go ahead and know. Don't spoil anything for me, just gimme a 'yes, X character needs X stat.'

Thanks in advance.
Ike must be leveled up to kill X , you'll also need him for the very last battle, or you won't be able to complete the game.

Oh and the game isn't that tough, even on hard mode, especially if you've played the other emblem games. Just play smart, don't take risks, and don't overextend your units, they can't take as many hits as they could in FE9, one hard mode, more than 2 enemies ganging up on them will often be enough to kill them.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ EGGMAN (with periods): We're talking Radiant Dawn...NOT Path of Radiance. Or, did you know that and you're telling me that?

@ Mr. GAW: It's been a long while since we've talked, haha. From having played the first 6 chapters of this game about 3 times and having just finished (almost) PoR...this one is definitely better in presentation. But that's really all I can say about it. :-D

@ people talking about difficulty: What makes this so much harder? I mean, I played PoR on hard mode and wasn't able to beat it simply 'cause I got ****ed over in random stats, so I shouldn't expect any trouble from normal difficulty, right? Please, use spoiler tags if it's something story related that makes it so hard.

@ Minato: You play SNES FE games? That means you can read Japanese? If so, you might wanna import a copy of PoR...I mean, I know it's hella late for all this, but apparently the hard mode in the Japanese version (Maniac Mode or something) is MUCH harder.

@ Patinator: Seriously? Someone's better than Soren? I...find that hard to believe, as my Soren was the MAN back in PoR.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I can only read some Japanese, but not enough to help me understand the story. I've been playing the FE games with a translation patch.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
@ EGGMAN (with periods): We're talking Radiant Dawn...NOT Path of Radiance. Or, did you know that and you're telling me that?

@ people talking about difficulty: What makes this so much harder? I mean, I played PoR on hard mode and wasn't able to beat it simply 'cause I got ****ed over in random stats, so I shouldn't expect any trouble from normal difficulty, right? Please, use spoiler tags if it's something story related that makes it so hard.

@ Patinator: Seriously? Someone's better than Soren? I...find that hard to believe, as my Soren was the MAN back in PoR.
Yes I know. Despite the similarities, I am referring to Radiant Dawn. Ike must kill...uh...that person, and ONLY Ike. The only thing that makes it harder is that enemies hit harder and more accurately, and come in greater numbers than you may be used to. More than two enemies may be enough to finish off anyone who isn't gatrie or something. @ Soren. There are tons of people who are better than Soren (and the other mages in fact), although he is still the best out of the mages.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the first part is tough, even on normal IMO... mostly because the characters they give you blow *** almost across the board

on the other hand, from part 3 on, it's really still too easy, even on hard

hard mode is pretty dumb; most of the difficulty is very contrived (i.e. not being able to check movement is more of a nuisance than anything, and ditching the weapons triangle is just dumb, as it just screws sword-users across the board and eliminates a lot of the strategy that goes into playing through a level to begin with)

most people probably think it's hard because their previous experience is PoR or even sacred stones, both of which were incredibly easy at any difficulty, but radiant dawn hard mode doesn't even begin to approach FE6 hard mode O_o

Sensai

Smash Master
@ EGGMAN: Thanks. I'll remember this. Is it necessary for him to be like...high level? And I'm assuming I need strength, but does it need to be maxed?

Sensai

Smash Master
@ pockyD: Trust me, my luck might allow it. To sum up my luck:

In PoR, Ike starts with 5 Str, and gains a few (probably 2) from the class change. You're supposed to get to max strength, 26, in the 38 levels he gains (the growth is like, 50%).

My final strength was 16....

Patinator

Smash Champion
on the other hand, from part 3 on, it's really still too easy, even on hard

but radiant dawn hard mode doesn't even begin to approach FE6 hard mode O_o
Paragraph one: lol.

Paragraph two: That sounds good. Very good.

Hmm... How should I say this?

:falcon: YES!

But I wish they (Oh there are only so many they's in the world. NINTENDO.) would've A: made Thunder magic better, because it's nearly impossible to get Ilyana really good without a lot of babying (But I did it! Now guess what I got as a prize? Ilyana Rexbolt vs.
Dhigensea
.), B: made Dark mages more popular, C: had branching classes like FE8, and D: Made Ice magic.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Only chracters that I max out at the end is only Micaiah and Ike, my two most favoirte FE Lords.
My avatar say so as well.

But I must say, all of the chracters that I used in PoR is much better in this game. :D

pockyD

Smash Legend
that's the thing; all the characters are too good (just like in PoR) =\

that's why part 1 is mildly hard; a lot of the characters are ********

D

Deleted member

characters that I have maxed out so far (normal mode):

ike
soren
micaiah
boyd
nolan
mia
lucia
zihark
ilyana
nephenee
gatrie
oscar
titania
tauroneo
rhys
caineghis
naesala
kurthnaga
tibarn
shinon
reyson
leanne
sanaki
nailah
volke

I have some from my first run here, I've completed 6 so far, just started my 7th.

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k206/UmbreonMow/

here's what I plan on doing for this run (I have a lot of these too). This combination has already been checked to be fully legal and able many times.-

*--Format (Non-stat items)
3rd Tier Class
FE9 Bond/FE10 A Support
Maxed Weapon Ranks
Blessed Weapon
60 Skills Total

*--Micaiah
Light Priestess
none/Nolan
SS Light, SS Staff
SS Rexaura
5 Shove
-Sacrafice
5 Miracle
20 Nihil
30 Corona

*--Soren
Wind Archsage
Ike/Ike
SS Wind, S Fire, S Thunder, A Staff
SS Rexcalibur
5 Shove
-Adept
30 Flare
10 Vantage
15 Celerity

*--Nolan (1 Stat Frag)
Reaver
none/Micaiah
SS Axe
Prf Tarvos
5 Shove
25 Colosus
15 Adept
10 Vantage
5 Miracle

*--Boyd (2 Stat Frag)
Reaver
Titania/Mia
SS Axe
SS Urvan
5 Shove
25 Colosus
20 Nihil
10 Daunt

*--Ike (Boots)
Vanguard
Soren/Soren
SS Sword, SS Axe
Prf Ragnell
5 Shove
5 Miracle
20 Nihil
30 Aether

*--Mia
Trueblade
Rhys/Boyd
SS Sword
SS Alondite
5 Shove
-Crit +20
-Vantage
30 Astra
10 Gamble
15 Resolve

*--Titania
Gold Knight
Boyd/Oscar
SS Axe, A Sword
S Tomahawk
10 Canto
-Counter
30 Sol
10 Savior
10 Cancel

*--Oscar
Silver Knight
none/Titania
SS Lance, A Bow
S Spear
10 Canto
30 Sol
10 Savior
10 Cancel

*--Gatrie
Lance Marshall
Shinon/Shinon
SS Lance, S Axe, A Sword
SS Wishblade
5 Shove
30 Luna
15 Imbue
10 Provoke

*--Tauroneo
Lance Marshall
none/Rhys
SS Lance, S Axe, A Sword
S Tomahawk
5 Shove
-Resolve
30 Luna
15 Imbue
10 Provoke

*--Shinon
Marksman
Gatrie/Gatrie
SS Bow
SS Double Bow
5 Shove
-Crit +15
20 Nihil
25 Deadeye
10 Shade

*--Rhys
Saint
Mia/Tauroneo
SS Light, SS Staff
S Valaura
5 Shove
30 Corona
25 Stillness

Minato

穏やかじゃない
most people probably think it's hard because their previous experience is PoR or even sacred stones, both of which were incredibly easy at any difficulty, but radiant dawn hard mode doesn't even begin to approach FE6 hard mode O_o
FE6 doesn't even compare to how hard FE5 was. That game's pretty hard. I think out of the entire series, FE5 and FE DS are the hardest.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i've heard FE5 is the hardest, but I've never really found a way to play it -_-

i had a rom a while back but it was incredibly glitchy

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i've heard FE5 is the hardest, but I've never really found a way to play it -_-

i had a rom a while back but it was incredibly glitchy
I had the same problem too, but it's actually because you might have been using an outdated emulator.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
FE5 is the hardest FE in the series. FEDS can be hard if you play the higher difficulties like Lv5 Hard (LOLIMPOSSIBLE). But on Normal, it's not that bad.

FE6 is ridiculous with dumb enemy reinforcements appearing and acting on the same turn (like an ambush).
---
And yes, it's been out for a few months. Marth is finally wearing pants now!

Top Bottom