• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FinOlimar Q&A Thread! (Check OP before posting)

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
How difficult is it to get a purple to the front of the line to prevent an edgehog? I've only seen the top olimars consistently do this.

Noa.

Smash Master
You can do it easily with the whistle. Read about the whistle in Fino's guide and you'll learn about the pikmin hierarchy.

acinod

Smash Rookie
How can I use Olimar in FFA?

In Stock and Timed matches, I find spamming smashes the best way to go, as Olimar's smashes have great range and isn't laggy.

What are your strategies when you use Olimar in FFA?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, most of us don't do FFAs regularly, actually.
Just spam smashes and grabs.

Or just pick Meta Knight and plank like I do, lol.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
do u guys keep ur tap on or off? im not sure which one to do >>
EDIT: does anyone know of any vids of olimars camping correctyl, i cant seem to get it down >>

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
It probably means double jump. Though it really doesn't need an acronym.
lol i just figured it out ^^;
thanx

EDIT: i gots camping problems >> ok when i stand and throw, anyone just comes and hits/grabs me. when i jump and throw same thing >> i dont know wat to do, pease helps

Noa.

Smash Master
While camping, there's a distance when you need to stop throwing pikmin and start fsmashing and grabbing. This distance is right outside of your grab/fsmash range. When they reach that point, stop throwing and start throwing out fsmashes and grabs.

If you're abusing fsmash's range, they shouldn't be able to powershield and hit you. Keep throwing out fsmashes if they spotdodge. Grab when you predict a shield.

It's very important to space. If you don't then you will get punished.

That's only for ground approaches. For aerial approaches, shieldgrab, pivot grab or usmash them if they aren't doing an aerial.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
While camping, there's a distance when you need to stop throwing pikmin and start fsmashing and grabbing. This distance is right outside of your grab/fsmash range. When they reach that point, stop throwing and start throwing out fsmashes and grabs.

If you're abusing fsmash's range, they shouldn't be able to powershield and hit you. Keep throwing out fsmashes if they spotdodge. Grab when you predict a shield.

It's very important to space. If you don't then you will get punished.

That's only for ground approaches. For aerial approaches, shieldgrab, pivot grab or usmash them if they aren't doing an aerial.
o thanx, that helps alot, il practice that :)

SUPEr Nintendo

Smash Rookie
i need some help, i played this intense falco and i didn't even stand a chance... im not a noob olimar lol but this falco just beat Dojo... and his spacing was so goood it was unreal, i never got him down to 1 stock and i friendlied him at least 10 rounds. how can i beat lazer camp combined with side-B dash when its spaced to outreach my grab game? olimar's side-B purple wont stop it and my smashes wont.. and my Nair wont...

another question about falco is after he chain grabs then spikes me while im off the stage i felt like i had no options.. i know you can get out of chain grab at 20% with good timing but then he would Dair Dthrow then like another combo with his jabs and tilts that left me uncontroled... any info?

Greward

Smash Lord
i need some help, i played this intense falco and i didn't even stand a chance... im not a noob olimar lol but this falco just beat Dojo... and his spacing was so goood it was unreal, i never got him down to 1 stock and i friendlied him at least 10 rounds. how can i beat lazer camp combined with side-B dash when its spaced to outreach my grab game? olimar's side-B purple wont stop it and my smashes wont.. and my Nair wont...

another question about falco is after he chain grabs then spikes me while im off the stage i felt like i had no options.. i know you can get out of chain grab at 20% with good timing but then he would Dair Dthrow then like another combo with his jabs and tilts that left me uncontroled... any info?
try to outcamp falco, its difficult but possible!
And dont get grabbed. Yea he cgs u, then he dair u to jab to grab to dthrow to dair / dacus usmash...

RichBrown

Smash Master
With super campy falcos, I learned that it's best to literally never EVER jump. This doesn't work on all Falcos, only the ones that really laser camp. You can just do grounded sideB and Fsmashes to keep them away. Try to learn their sideB habits and bait the sideB while putting yourself in a position to punish it. Something I recently found that really works is when Falco is recovering, put myself at a position that will make him want to sideB on the stage, but face away from falco. That way the moment it hits my shield I can grab because when he lands he will be past me.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
so outcamp sethnalon? 0.o its so hard to out camp falco cuz his lazers are fast and stupid but i'll try it next time thank you!
wat rich said plus just let him get comfy, let him get u to a good percent (about 120%), he'll come to try to kill u with an u-smash, then just space ur *** off and dont let him kill u while u rack up damage and then when u get a kill, just keep racking up damage :)

¤Vivi Orunitia¤

Smash Apprentice
I'm still getting used to these terms we use but I have one question, what is autocanceling?

I saw DanGr mention something about autocanceling a nair, but I don't know what that is D: Help!

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
I'm still getting used to these terms we use but I have one question, what is autocanceling?

I saw DanGr mention something about autocanceling a nair, but I don't know what that is D: Help!
autocanceling an ariel is where u cancel the ariel on the ground during the frames of the attack so it has les or no landing lag

Noa.

Smash Master
Autocanceling aerials are aerials that have no extra landing lag when you land while doing them.

None of Olimar's aerials autocancel, but nair has a very little landing lag.

Noa.

Smash Master
That's not really autocanceling. To autocancel you land while you're using the hitbox. Autocanceling is named that since it automatically cancels the landing lag of the aerial.

You're landing before the aerial comes out. It's an aerial cancel since you cancel the aerials before it happens.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
How do you cancel the up-b into a second jump off the stage after you used your second jump once?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Wow, the questions have been building up in this place >.>

- I'm not sure if Peaches dair can be beat out by our utilt, i'll have to try it out

- yesterday

- Are you refering to tether canceling? The only way to cancel an UpB is to press down after the tether has made contact to the stage.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

- Are you refering to tether canceling? The only way to cancel an UpB is to press down after the tether has made contact to the stage.
Just to expound a bit...

You can't cancel your upb into a jump if you've already used your second jump.

What you can do is latch to the stage with upb, disconnect by pressing down, then jumping up if and only if you've got your second jump with you still.

Top Bottom