• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally! Some Brawl ENGLISH Voices...~UPDATED:MORE VOICES~

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Fox- Good. Not as good as 64 but still really nice.

Pit: Okay.

Ike: Pretty good.

Falco: Awesome.

Metaknight: Pretty good.

These are all light years ahead of the lame Japanese voices.

Akwaishigot

Smash Rookie
SO......

My opinions:

Fox - Yeah...I don't really know man....I mean...it just doesn't match him that much. Specially with his "New Look."

Metaknight - I'm lovin' his voice, actually. The Spanish accent, for me, sounds great with him.

Pit - Oh lord had mercy. lmao. Seriously....he sounds like someone you'd hear in the Charlie Brown cartoons....or something. I dunno...I mean...it kinda fits him....but yeah. Mixed feelings.

Ike - Omg? he really sounded like that in his game? It kinda....just doesn't seem right....no real emotions...at all. hopefully he'll have more aggression in battle.

Falco - I personally like the "Brooklyn" accent goin on. It's actually kinda really hot....those accents.

All in all....I'm not upset with them at all.

It is what it is.

I just can't wait till the 9th. (:

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Meh, despite the complaining i doubt no-one will switch characters/put the game on mute.

It would be funny if all these japanese smashers were saying "Oh man Pits english voice is great, i wish we had an english language option"

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Fox-Ok,but his melee adventure corneria helper voice was way better,lets just call it his Star Fox 64 voice!

MetaKnight:DARTH VADER?I prefer the japanese version....MK's voice sucks.....

Pit:Even though Pit has never spoke in a video game,neither have Ice Climbers,but i didn't expect he would go englishy with it and talk real english,i mean listening to Pit's american voice makes me want to say ....'' XANDER FROM DRAWN TOGETHER CONFIRMED!''

Ike-this one sounds like Robin Williams! he dosent sound like a swordsman,if he was i think its Russel Crowe! anyway atleast his voice is too bad that it is funny! so is Pits,they sound unusual!

Falco - You are no match Fox? he sounds like a latin gangsta shooting up Fox and keeping Krystal as hostage.Well i miss Fox and Falco's Bayaaa!

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
I think Marth should sound like Xandir from Drawn Together. That would be hilarious and would make Brawl epic win. Also, they're going to give Dedede an american voice right? His japanese voice is not only awful, it doesn't fit him AT ALL.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Meh, despite the complaining i doubt no-one will switch characters/put the game on mute.

It would be funny if all these japanese smashers were saying "Oh man Pits english voice is great, i wish we had an english language option"
I don't know, Pit's voice is pretty bad...

But, you know what they say.
The grass is always greener on the other side.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Fox's kiddy looks translate into a kiddy voice...
Falco sounds like he came straight from the Godfather movies...
Meta Knight apparently is a reincarnation of Satan...
Ike: "I fight for my friends!" wtf? JPN > ENG
Pit: Exactly what I expected. He doesn't have that annoying "HeeeNYAHNYAHNYAHNYAH!!!" anymore, does he?

...where are Sonic and Wolf? Did he not get the secret characters yet, I'm guessing?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
After listening again... Ike's isn't as bad as my first impression aside from "I fight for my friends." It's a good line for him, but he just didn't say it well.

Pit still sucks, although for a kid the voice fits. Just wish it was more natural sounding.

"LANDMASTER" is the only one of Foxes I didn't like, the rest were not bad actually. Just my opinion. I actually like it better than some of the Melee voice acting he had.

Falco is still decent, I think the accent fits but some of the feeling doesn't.

Metaknight is still good.

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
ok, so fox is like his 64 version, metaknight is evil with a touch of hispanic, pit is a little boy, ike is a boring idealistic protagonist, and falco is from new york. hooray!

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Link should never talk. The day Link says one miniscule line is the day the Zelda series dies, because I know they'll make him sound like a fairy-***boy.
Well exCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE me, princess.

With regard to Meta Knight...that's what you guys call a Spanish accent? He reminds me more of Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur than anything else (well, besides Vader).

Pit's the only one that really grates for me, though Ike is a bit dull. The majority of that, I'd say, is passable.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why people are pissed off. Even if you don't like the voices it's better than the characters speaking a language you can't understand, and it is MUCH better than japanese trying to spew out gargled english sentences. "Mishun COMPREET!" Why do you think people think that Captain Falcon does "Falco Punch" and why Ness does "Pika fire." Sure people are completely stupid for associating completely separate characters to other characters moves but it is because the Japanese voice actors' annunciation is awful.

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
日本人のスピーチのビデオゲームではない良い音です。
Also, Fangirls say dattebayo, not Desu.
I lol'd. I'm an anime fan, but nowhere near that weeaboo. I'm not hating the VA, but they could've done better. We've definitely heard better.

And at least Dattebayo is better than the ones who shout "believe it!"... And has anyone noticed an influx in those f***ing headbands? I see like 3 on average every time I go out...

His name is Falco Lombardi. What did you expect?! Nintendo just HAS to be incredibly racist to Italians at every chance they get. I personally think his voice is awesome.
Falco - I personally like the "Brooklyn" accent goin on. It's actually kinda really hot....those accents.
He's also a pimp, you know. That's why they gave him the accent.

With regard to Meta Knight...that's what you guys call a Spanish accent? He reminds me more of Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur than anything else (well, besides Vader).
QFT; I don't hear very much of a Spanish accent at all (or maybe it's the fact that I'm trying to learn Spanish/live in a very Hispanic based community)

He sounds like a very gruff, very serious old warrior who's using a voice modulator/has his voice deepened by his mask.

Land Master
No no; it's pronounced "LandMASTER!!!!" You don't say it as two words, and you go all out on the second part. ;)

Lant

Smash Journeyman
SEAN CONNERY TO VOICE WOLF O'DONNEL.

"CANNAE LET YE DO THAT.. STA' FOCKSEH"

In all seriousness, what the heck? There's plenty of good voice actors they could've used.

Steven Blum (Ike, perhaps?) Barbara Goodson for Pit wouldn't be too bad either.

Spike Spencer, Johnny Yong Bosch, John DiMaggio..

You get my point. Well.. I think MK's voice was alright.

Edit: Fox has his voice actor from Assault. Mike West voiced him in Lylat Wars (SF64)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It didn't show it, but Pokemon Trainer has Ash's VA...(I'm pretty sure)

That's REALLY going to be annoying as hell

SilverFang

Smash Cadet
Pit's is annoying as heck, Metaknight's is just weird, Fox, Falco and Ike have an ok voice. All in all I guess the voices are ok, but the Japanese ones are better and they could do a better job for the English voices.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
We will all get used to the voices within a week of playing anyway.

Mess

Smash Cadet
I didn't find the voices bad at all. Is it just me, or does Pit sound like Izzy from the english dub of Digimon?

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
I disagree with Meta knight...

And still, Sonic, Snake, Pkmn Trainer & Marth is notyet herd :urg:
Sonic and Snake have certainly been heard. I've seen a few trailer clips where it's clear that Pokemon Trainer does in fact have Ash's voice, and I think I read that Marth's keeping his Japanese voice, though I couldn't say that for sure.

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
I think Nintendo made all the voices suck balls on purpose, seeing how so many people were upset about Sonic's voice and they weren't able to get his old voice actor back, maybe they made everyone's voice suck so Sonic's voice wouldn't stand out. :lick:

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or does Ike sound exactly like Hayden Christiansen. "FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL."

Top Bottom