• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Zelda Discussion - What's In, what's out?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
i forgot about those. oh the zora mask could turn anyone into a zora. deku and goron too. imagine yoshi as a deku.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Or we could have a DeadHand item from the well in OoT. you would summon a whole bunch of hands that would catch the foe and then instead of the big one coming, you can attack him and rack up damage.(I can do this forever.)
It is called Magic Armor.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The hover boots are pretty impractical (when, in Smash, is it a good idea to be stuck in one place), and I don't see much use for them.

The mirror shield I like, but only if it works like Link's shield already does.

The masks would require WAAAAAY too much work, so...no. And how'd the Magic Armor work, exactly?

EDIT - Deku nuts for tha' win. Enemies caught in the flash would be stunned (a la Mewtwo's Disable) for a second or two.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
thats really smart, but those floormasters creep the crap outta me. oh, a majors mask that summons the skull kid and either he helps u, or he posses u and ubecome him. or navi, who would lock on a character of ur choice

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I don't know how it would work...Ethan.

Deku Nuts would blind the screen temperarily or it would stun the foe like Mewtwo's confusion.

I like my dead hand thing the most of what I have suggested so far.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
the Oot? Oh! the grass from tp? summons a hawk to grab a enemy, and fly up for a ko, but can be escaped like a redead.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
An item that requires another item to work (Magic Armor)...doesn't work.

What would the DeadHead look like as an item? It's also pretty obscure.

Is M2's ↓+B Disable, or Confusion?

Fawriel

Smash Master
...this page seems bizarre out of context.
Anyway, what I'd find far more interesting than items is... stages.
One that would be interesting is the bridge you fight the ogre chief guy ( King Bulblin? ) on, for the fact that you can't easily knock someone off the stage if it's a bridge with a railing...
Hmm, finding good stages from TP is harder than WW.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Let me increase the post count...Seems that everybody is doing that in the past 10 pages! And yes there is nothing else to discuss about Zelda possible characters,reputation its game holds..Only thing that can still be discussed would be the debatable timelines which would be offtopic! So just let's just drop this thread and maybe someone make a new one about Zelda timeline :p

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
...this page seems bizarre out of context.
Anyway, what I'd find far more interesting than items is... stages.
One that would be interesting is the bridge you fight the ogre chief guy ( King Bulblin? ) on, for the fact that you can't easily knock someone off the stage if it's a bridge with a railing...
Hmm, finding good stages from TP is harder than WW.
The bridge would be awesome just because of how long it'd be. People'd be over the 200% damage mark and still not be going out. Zelda should definitely keep the title of "widest stage".

But a stage from TP...hrm...I'd have to say Goron Mines. I always love platformers that have segments where gravity is reversed (SPM's 4th Chapter comes to mind), and mixing that with Smash Bros. would be the shiz.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I would say the Forest Temple.
You would be in the middle area in the beginning and monkeys would swing around catching you if you were sent flying and the Baboon can drop those spider bombs while swinging from above.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
what about....the top of the new hyrule castle! or lake hylia! as time goes by, the lake will fill up by rain!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
UPDATED

This conversation is now on-topic. That is all. (Lake Hylia actually sounds like a neat idea...so long as the water levels fill in-game. It'd work like Zebes' acid/lava, only instead of the water dealing damage, it'd mess with character's physics.)

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I think there should be a twilight realm stage. Whether it should be in Hyrule or twilight world itself and what it should look like, i've got no clue. Just something twilight realm-ish

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Chief
I like your idea of Goron Mines, but a awsome course would be City in the Sky. You fight, and much like the N64 Dreamland stage, the occassional wind blows, causing characters to be pushed one way or another, but with more of a wind force than Whisper Woods obviously. Seriously, you finght on platforms, much like the dungeon (sorta adungeon I guess), and some of them randomly fall. That+strong winds would be awsome, but I still like the Goron Mines idea the best.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hey I was thinking maybe a stage would be the arbiters grounds, u know the place that looks like a coliseum? it would be cool, add some platforms, and u can fight in there, and after a while, u c the mirror of twilight activate, and then ur transported to the twilight realm, with diferent platforms and stuff...

Fawriel

Smash Master
No, no... imagine this. The Twilight Realm. The real Twilight Realm with the castle.
One big platform, two somewhat smaller platforms at the sides and nothing inbetween, plus two small, moving platforms in the gaps between the three main plats. In the background of the main one, saved Twili people are cheering.
It would be AWESOME. Sure, it wouldn't make ANY sense, but it would be a really owning arena, and it would be a welcome back to the Twilight Realm for all those like my girlfriend who
miss Midna and wish she hadn't locked herself into her own realm by destroying the mirror.
And it would convey awesomely the style of TP. Dark, saddish, but also fun at times. Twili people cheering on the fighters like in a street fight. If that doesn't scream AWESOME at you, I don't know.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't actually read Stryks' idea. Haha. That one's nice, too.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Now, when you say "with the castle", you do mean the Palace of Twilight, correct? For some reason I kept thinking you meant Hyrule Castle...

Anyway, neat idea (Stryks' is good, but there's only so many "shifting" levels I can stand. Hyrule Temple and FD are popular for a reason) Fawriel.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I finally have got my self a Nintendo Wii and I finally have been able to play TP. I'm currently at the temple of time and I still am not convinced of Midna having a shot in brawl. I have also found another piece of evidence that shows it is in fact the same SK from MM and OoT. This piece of evidence is the fact that when you play hide and seek with him SK is playing Saria's song on deku pipes, yes the very same instrument that Deku Link and all of the other Termina Deku play.

Stryks

Smash Hero
... So? Ur saying the now friendly skul lkid after MM stole a dekus instrument? besides he didnt actually use it in MM, thus it aint hardcore evidence that it is the same SK (same thing with sarias song) believe me, if it were the same one, he would have said something about the clothes, same ones that y.link used (they look similair) and stuff like that...

Anyway ur still a tad early in the game, really if u dont like midna after clearing the game then either u have no soul, speed run, or have a room filled with skull kid pictures...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
No I'm saying that the fact that he had an instrument from Termina shows that he has had to at least been to Termina and since there is only one SK who we even know has any knowledge of Termina I think it's safe to assume it's the same one. About the clothes thing it could have been possible he forgot after hundreds of years don't you think? Once again you assume I don't like Midna because I think her chances are low. I don't care about Midna to me she is just another companion character. Zant however I think is awesome(He still has no chance though) the way he just owned Link and Midna after they got all the fused shadow was just sweet.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
To be fair, Numa Dude was so against Midna before he played the game that it might be hard for him to change that opinion. Still, there's still a lot of the game left, so he still has time to change his mind. And I think the horn that SK plays is a little different from the Deku pipes in MM.

Congratulations on finally getting a Wii though. Hope you enjoy it :)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
That's kind of what I meant. You didn't think that Midna had that much of a chance before you played the game, so you had kind of already decided before you played the game.

And while there are some similarities between Skull Kids horn and the Deku pipes, they aren't identical. And there isn't really much to say that it's a connection to MM's Skull Kid, cept for the fact that his game happened to feature a set of pipes somewhere. Just seems like a very loose connection to me. I'm not saying it isn't the same Skull Kid, but there are better connections to pick out.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Numa Dude said:
No I'm saying that the fact that he had an instrument from Termina shows that he has had to at least been to Termina and since there is only one SK who we even know has any knowledge of Termina I think it's safe to assume it's the same one.
The Dekus in OoT could as well have pipes, but since there was no need for that in the game, it never happen, u were transform into a deku in MM, and when u get the ocarina back, seeing deku link playing an ocarina would just look werid, thus the game designers brought in the pipes, fact is the dekus had MANY deku pipes, while SK (not being a deku btw) only has a horn he uses to summon puppets, it aint hardcore proof like I said...

Numa Dude said:
About the clothes thing it could have been possible he forgot after hundreds of years don't you think?
It could be possible another SK could have learn ONE SONG in the hundreds years that have passed between MM and TP, and even if it WAS the same skull kid, u would think he would have remembered the guy that saved him from an evil mask, saved the world of termina, who stole his horse and ocarina, and who he transform into a deku...

Numa Dude said:
Once again you assume I don't like Midna because I think her chances are low. I don't care about Midna to me she is just another companion character. Zant however I think is awesome(He still has no chance though) the way he just owned Link and Midna after they got all the fused shadow was just sweet.
Rite now shes seems like another companion, by the end of the game, ull see the big role she had in TP, shes far more than just another guide character...
See u use to say Zant was lame, now u think hes awesome (ur still saying he doesnt have a chance, but u change ur opinion on him) it could be u dont want t change opinion on midna after all u said about her, and avoid the flame, but meh... lets talk back when u clear the game...

now b4 this we start another SK/midna/vaati/tingle war here, lets just keep talking about stages or pissble items please :p

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I have beaten TP twice and I don't want Midna in Brawl but as I said before, she does have a chance wheather you like it or not. It is small but is a chance.
Now Numa, I agree with you that it is the same SK and I believe the pipes are just smaller. They also have the same sound to them people. And if you want to talk about costumes, no Link is not the same but that is because he is always reincarnated. Skull Kids is the same and he doesn't age because he can't.
Also Numa, I don't like Midna too much either but you are still early in the game to splert everything out to not have full awareness.(don't get me wrong, I have been with you for this from the start) But nevertheless, have fun with that Wii.
And Stryks, thanks for clarifying to people SK is not a deku.
Ohh and Stryks, it is possible items not pissible. And I have gave well reasons why Tingle should, could, and can be in Brawl.

Top Bottom