• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Zelda Discussion - What's In, what's out?

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
What about the lens of truth. mabey the lens tell you what items are in things like boxs. Not all that helpfull i guess but still an idea. I had the idea of the heavy boots too. Sadly it would be too much like the metal box.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Items are totally fair game here, so keep em' coming.

I really, really like the Cucoo idea. It'd meander around the level, and if picked up would allow characters to glide, but if it's attacked a few times, a Cucoo swarm ensues (alot like Unown). Throwing it would deal 1 or 2 damage, like Mr. Saturn.

And the Iron Boots would totally rock! They'd stick you on the ground, regardless of your %, but you'd only have one (low) jump, and if you fall off an edge...you aren't coming back.

Deku Stick FTW.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
The Iron Boots and Hover Boots sound like they'd be pretty similar to the Metal Box and Bunny Ears, respectively, so I wouldn't want to see them in. I'd prefer some of the more interesting items that could add something different. Like Ball and Chain possibly, wind it up and launch it, but it slows you down like a bugger. The Spinner would make an awesome item I reckon. Jump on it and it grants you added speed and lower friction, and strikes anyone it touches for some damage, as well as avoiding low attacks. The only downside is the single jump you can perform from it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I thought of the Spinner too, but I don't think it's all that.

The Hover Boots would (rather than extend the height and speed of your jumps) give anyone a Peach-esque hovering ability, but I see what you mean; it's not too original. I'm not too big on the Iron Boots either, but the Deku Nut sounds pretty neat, although it might be a bit cheap, depending on how long it stuns for.

...Unless, what if the Deku Nut just knocked you down? If you're on the ground and get caught in it's attack range, you're knocked straight up into the air, with no recovery, and if you're hit in mid-air, you're recovery is knocked out until you hit ground again?

And of course, the Nut is thrown in it's distinctive "arc". That is, it's thrown diagonally towards the ground ahead of the wielder.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
That could definitely work. I would love to see Dominion Rod, but far too hard to implement. Hrm, what about Ooccoo? Hold onto the little thing and when you get knocked away from the stage, if you would suffer a KO, it returns you to the center of the stage and vanishes, perhaps dealing you some damage instead? Not necessarily a great item, but I would so play Super Sudden Death with that item on Very High. With four players that could be madness.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
I may have posted here before, but I can't remember.

Here's who I think will get in from the Zelda series:

Link- Confirmed

Wolf Link W/ Midna - assmuning they drop Young Link, we need some more Zelda reps and this seems like the most likely to me.

Zelda - Confirmed

Ganondorf - Was in Melee, was the major villian in TP, pretty much confirmed.

Zant - I think Zelda deserves one more rep, zant, another major villian from TP. probably the least likely character on my list.

I don't trust any source unless it's Dojo, so I don't believe in that Sheik and Ganondorf thing from GI.

Why these characters wont be in:

Sheik: Hasn't been in a game for how long, so they wouldn't even have a render for Sheik, they'd have to make her a completely new look. She doesn't mean anything to the Zelda series anymore.

And a biased opinion: I hated her, she was cheap, and I don't want her in Brawl. :p

Tetra: Not really a fighter. I guess she's a pirate and all, and she's been in two games since Melee, but my main concern is graphics and too many Zelda reps. Also I tihnk there are characters who deserve to be in more than her. If either Tetra and Sheik do get in, it will probably only be one, and Zelda will transform into her. Since Tetra is a lot newer and more important to the series in recent games, I'd say she has the highest chance of those I haven't listed. Way higher than sheik.

Tingle: I would be disgusted if Tingle got in. He's not a fighter, at all. He's kind of gay. Tingle-koolah-limpah. Aarg! Let me throw my overpriced maps at ye!
He's been in two games since Melee, I believe, Minish Cap and Wind Waker, but he's not really all that relevant to the story to either of the games. If he did get in, I could imagine him and Ballon Fighter being clones.

Skull Kid: Hasn't been in a game since Melee, I believe, and wasn't in Melee, so that pretty much sums that up, I believe. Much more important characters that deserve a spot in than him.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Zant isn't important to the series, and wtf? NO WW LINK=??? Besides, in Melee the series was mainly based off OOT [Link, G'dorf, Zelda] and MM [YLink]. IF we only get repped from one game, we'd be screwing over 13 other really good games. And WW/PH is the star of two games, likely a third [Anouma actually talked about making a PH sequal], and he's the new OOT/MM Link really. He's way more important than all the characters on your list Zelda Fan, except for the big three. Plus you also forgot Vatti. :p

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
link
zelda
ganondorf
ww link

items:
**** loads. smash bros hasnt tapped into the goldmine that is the zelda series' items at all, and its about time they had some lovin'.

ATs:
zant
vaati
7 sages
many bosses throughout the series. whatevs, it doesn't really matter to me, as long as sakurai puts a few characters who are influential in their own games but not important to the overall arc of the zelda series, ill be happy.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
- The Legend of Zelda + Super Smash Bros. Brawl -

Made to discuss all possible, or not-so-possible (I'm looking at you, Malon) Super Smash Bros. Brawl features (items, characters, stages, even modes) that come from the Legend of Zelda games.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

CHARACTERS
If you've thought of a character that isn't listed here (be realistic: Octoroks aren't going to get a spot), post it. If not, join in and tell us who you think's going to make the cut.

Suspected Characters​
Generally Accepted Possibilities

Midna (Imp form, Twili form, w/Wolf Link), Tingle, Skull Kid, Zant, WW Link, Tetra, WW Zelda (with or w/o Tetra), Vaati

Confirmed Characters​
Link, Zelda, Sheik(?), Ganondorf(?)

The TP version. Other Links (Windwaker Link) are still up in the air.

The TP version...sort of. What connection (if any) will she share with Sheik this time around?

Sheik still might not be confirmed...GameInformer and Eiji Aonuma are reliable enough sources, but without Dojo!! consent, I'll not stake credibility on it.

Ganondorf still might not be confirmed...GameInformer and Eiji Aonuma are reliable enough sources, but without Dojo!! consent, I'll not stake credibility on it.​

Mendez's Picks​
Who I Suspect Will Go Gold

-Midna
-Tingle
-WW Link​

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

STAGES

The Bridge of Eldin

ITEMS
Nothing's been announced yet, so there's no actual list yet. Until then, just suggest items you think would be good additions.

OTHER
Here's where I'd put in Gameplay Modes, Trophies, and other miscellaneous stuff like that.
What about General Onox!!! Twinrova, or Skull Kid hmmm?! Three of the greatest Legend of Zelda bosses of all time? Well.....Twinrova not so much, but I lovvvve the other two!:) Where's the love?

D

Deleted member

Onox was an utter ***. Took me effing forever to beat him as a kid.

I think veran and onox would be very interesting for story mode bosses, since they are servants of darkness, and could quite possibly help to release Ganon, or whatever.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Everyone seems to be neglecting the fact that the bunny hood might return!

That item wasn't that popular but it was pretty nice to have [unless you were Falco, then you would fall faster than a brick].

I, for one, hope that it returns only to expand the item variety. :]

Stryks

Smash Hero
Todays update, with marios new DownB move more than CONFIRMS my old statement:

They can keep the rest of the Bmoves for zelda, BUT changing the downB and adding the light arrows, put the light arrows for the b move and nayrus love (which is a mostly a defensive move) in downb...

Mario proves JUST because some moves stayed the same, it DOESNT mean the ENTIRE moveset is the same...

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Stop reffering to 'Skull Kid' as if there's only one, or that the one from MM is the same as OoT and TP's. Please and thank you.

That I can get behind. Although I've never heard anyone say that every Zelda rep will be TP-based...

I agree with you. I'm all for Midna, but I don't see Zant making it in as anything but a trophy or some other sort of reference.

That really ticked me off. I was enjoying the originality (well, as far as Zelda games go) of TP, and then Ganondorf showed up in that Mirror Chamber cutscene. At that point, I was still hoping he'd be just a plot link or something, but NO! Also, he doesn't look anywhere near as cool as WW Ganon.
TP ganondorf is way cooler looking

Bajef8

Smash Ace
i think skull kid should be in brawl more than any one else because he was popular, well-known, and more deserving than anyone else. midna and zant haven't been around nearly as long as skull kid and skull kid could have an awesome moveset. he also had a stage based off his game in melee if you have forgotten.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Onox was an utter ***. Took me effing forever to beat him as a kid.

I think veran and onox would be very interesting for story mode bosses, since they are servants of darkness, and could quite possibly help to release Ganon, or whatever.
Yeah, I know but Sakurai will never dip into his bag of goodies and put those 2 on Brawl. Why?, because he's a bit of a jerk.....

And that goes double for Skull Kid.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Todays update, with marios new DownB move more than CONFIRMS my old statement:

They can keep the rest of the Bmoves for zelda, BUT changing the downB and adding the light arrows, put the light arrows for the b move and nayrus love (which is a mostly a defensive move) in downb...

Mario proves JUST because some moves stayed the same, it DOESNT mean the ENTIRE moveset is the same...
Zelda's dair = transform into Sheik

... just kidding. =P

The rapier as her new down-b doesn't seem all that unlikely anymore, I have to say.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
maybe she will transform in someone else :p, but zelda wasnt populair but sheik was. why would he kill of a populair character

Fawriel

Smash Master
Popular in Melee due to overpoweredness. If, say, Pichu was the most overpowered character in Melee, would you cut him just because tons of people played as him for easy wins?

Drake3

Smash Ace
The rapier as her new down-b doesn't seem all that unlikely anymore, I have to say.
I made a post about that but then deleted it because I realised giving the awkward, slow, movementless princess a sword would probably do more damage than good. I think for her down+B she should just pull out her bow and her normal attacks should change accordingly.

GenG

Smash Lord
If Sheik is out, B+down should be Nayru's love and B the light arrows.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
^^^^totally, thats what I though, but don't misuderstand me, I don'twant Sheik to be out, couse I was a Zelda/Sheik user, but I used Zelda more than Sheik anyway, so it wouldn't affect me if he is taken out, but I wouldn't be glad either.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Vagrant Lustoid said:
That could definitely work. I would love to see Dominion Rod, but far too hard to implement. Hrm, what about Ooccoo? Hold onto the little thing and when you get knocked away from the stage, if you would suffer a KO, it returns you to the center of the stage and vanishes, perhaps dealing you some damage instead? Not necessarily a great item, but I would so play Super Sudden Death with that item on Very High. With four players that could be madness.
Instead of Ooccoo, a fairy in a bottle would accomplish the same thing: bring you back onstage and resotre 1/2 of your damage meter.

It's way more iconic than the boob-chicken.

Zelda Fan said:
Tingle: I would be disgusted if Tingle got in. He's not a fighter, at all. He's kind of gay. Tingle-koolah-limpah. Aarg! Let me throw my overpriced maps at ye!
He's been in two games since Melee, I believe, Minish Cap and Wind Waker, but he's not really all that relevant to the story to either of the games.

shadenexus18 said:
What about General Onox!!! Twinrova, or Skull Kid hmmm?! Three of the greatest Legend of Zelda bosses of all time? Well.....Twinrova not so much, but I lovvvve the other two! Where's the love?
Twinrova?

...Seriously? Well...different strokes for differen folks, I suppose. Skull Kid's already up there, and as for Onox...

WindGuru said:
Indeed. :)

Stryks said:
That actually sounds pretty awesome. Fitting for the character, impoves the moveset, and eliminates Sheik. It's a keeper.

On an unrelated note, is it just me, or is anyone else scared that someone on these boards has over 5,000 (going on 6K) posts?

Bajef8 said:
TP ganondorf is way cooler looking
Three words: Ganon curls his hair.

shadenexus18 said:
Yeah, I know but Sakurai will never dip into his bag of goodies and put those 2 on Brawl. Why?, because he's a bit of a jerk.....

And that goes double for Skull Kid.
He is a jerk, but not in the way you suggest. He's a jerk because he put the Devil in the game. Now, anything goes. Onox and Veran...Skull Kid...Tingle...all are more likely than the Devil.

Seriously, had you even heard of Devil World prior to that update? If so, you are a huge nerd. What's more is that Devil World is a really, really, REALLY bad game. A load of garbage got into Brawl basically because it's infamous for being Miyamoto-developed, but never got released in NA.

So yeah, anything's possible.

Top Bottom