• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Zelda Discussion - What's In, what's out?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Numa Would u mind showing where exaclty is that "proof" that TP skull kid is the same one from MM, is u say that the guys here have proven it, its no diferent from the reat their chances, which u called biase, I want real proof, which their isnt...
SARIA'S FREAKING SONG!

More time to develop doesnt increment her chances to be in the game god read the post, it increment the chances that the same thing wont happen to skull kid, if shes consider to be in brawl, yet if theres no time then thats what gonna happen to her [same thing [probably] that happen to SK], yet if shes consider, and with far more time to develop the game, they can add her without worriying about the deadline...
Seriously now learn to spell I can barely read this its so bad. Anyway she still has to be considered to be in brawl which I think she hasn't been because of her low importance to the series as a whole.

Believe me, it takes far more time to make anything from scratch, than using a reference to create it...
It takes longer thats true but it doesn't take THAT much longer. With less to work with you can let your imagination do the work and create a moveset for anyone.

Midna was voted twice cause there are too possible forms of midna, solo midna or wolf link/midna, both were added to c which one is more popular and too c wich has more of a shot (in our opinions)...
They are still both Midna.

Dude theyre aint gonna rep every single console there was, the ones that will most likely get rep are NES, GC and some Wii characters, "Every era will get rep because Nintendo loves to show how they remember the old classics." wow u sure do sound confident, mind explaining how u knwo so much?
Smash is about taking characters from all of Nintendo's history and letting them duke it out. If they didn't put in stuff from all of the consoles it would be like ignoring their existence.

It hasnt been proven that skull kid from TP is the same one, give me REAL info, and not opinions from people here...
Saria's song IS real info. There is probably way more little hints to say its the same SK in the dialogue and what not but I won't know for sure until I get a **** Wii.

By the time melee was released, we didnt know if sheik will continue to appear in future zelda games, yet she appeared didnt she? its the same with midna...
I've responded to this exact point many times and you continue to ignore it.

It doesnt matter how many times a character has appeard or wil lcontinue to appear, if he only plays minor roles, then theres no need to include him in a game of all stars...
Stop acting like MM was a minor role it was a major role and the one major role Midna has does not make her an all star.

Midna is only one of her kind, in impish form, there are many gorons, zoras, dekus, mummies and all, they arent unique, unique means that theirs only one, and there are plenty of the ones I mentioned b4, yet theres only one imp character with all those abilities...
I know that I was using those as examples of how there are many more unique things in the Zelda world besides Midna. Unique can also mean original and not thought of before.

"That term is meant to be used when someone doesn't like something withought ever trying it and I'm not doing that."
Thats exactly what ur doing, u said it urself a few posts/pages back, u dont like midna, ur judging her by "knowing enough info on her" and yet u never played the game, I say play it, and then u can judge her, but ur doin it rite now which is very ********...
I never said I don't like Midna. I don't see how playing the game would change my opinion when I pretty much know all there is to know about her role.

Even Wiseguy knows its no rite judging a VG character without playing the game...
It is if you know enough about them.

There are no facts that prove TP SK is the one of MM, hell they dont look the same! now dont give me "Its proven time and time again ur in denial" what denial ive seen nothing! show me the info, so far u have given NO reason why midna should not be in brawl, and has been proven by me and many other people here...
Saria's song isn't fact enough for you? Hell when I play TP I'll probably have tons more reasons why its the same one. About the looking different thing, OoT SK and MM SK are the same one (proven in game) and they both look completely different(one has no face while one looks like a bird.). I have given tons of reasons why Midna shouldn't be in brawl. Look back to see them all.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Okay that is true.
You could get the game for GC you do know that right. I have found other things such as the Lost Woods anyone. I will get back to some later but I have already argued about this. Nevermind...does his pipe mention anything.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
DP apology.

Also is it a coincidence that there are attacking skull kids and one running. OoT states that.
Plus, I'll have to get to it tomorrow again, but doesn't he say something about you that reminds you of someone he has met.(I'll be 100% on that tomorrow or monday.)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude the OoT skull kid and MM skull kid LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME, its hard to tel lin OoT, cause hes always in a distance, but indeed they look the same...

And the ONLY dialogue TP SK has is: "That was fun, lets do it again sometime!" thats it, no more, no less....

JUST because he plays the song doesnt make him THE skull kid, I told u, hundreds of years have passed since MM in the events of TP, u would THINK one skull kid would learn that song from MM skull kid during that gap, hell in wikipedia it says theres a total of 3 diferent skull kids shown in OoT, is there ANY chance that skull kid [from TP] is one of the other 2??

That aint proof, thats hardly close to proof, just because he plays the song doesnt mean its the same one...

Point is its have proven time and time again that midna is a good contender to be in smash, and yet u deny it, saying u proven time and time again, still I havent seen anything

Skull kid has 3 apperances, which means nintendo is interested in him:
That doesnt prove much, and besides if u combine all of his roles and put it againt midna, minda wins, only one apperance and she did more than skull kid did in all of the 3 games...

What happen to skull kid could happen to midna:
Highly doubt it, brawl has way more time to be developed than melee had, thus sakurai can add the characters he wants, and if one of those is minda, u can surely expect her in brawl, and theirs no reason to NOT include midna...

U said it urself the game is about all stars:
Yes true, all stars that have big roles, yet sheik was added, (note that only 4 years passed between OoT and melee) and midna not only does she have a bigger role in tp than sheik in OoT, but only about a year would have passed between TP and brawl release, so there isnt a big gap, unlike MM, 10 whole years...

Ok so Skull kid has ONE major role, and midna has ONE mayor role, so why should skull kid be in? its been 10 years since that major role, while for midna it hasnt even been a year, is more recent, as more popular amng recent fans...

We need more villains? We have enough villains, yet we lack female, and midna is, yep female, we dont need a 10 year old villain, when we could have vaati or zant, and we can have the newest female character in nintendos arsenal, Midna...

Hell I wouldnt be surprised if I see midna in the next trailer...

@creo, he never said that, all he said was the quote I posted near the top, at 1st he falls, he sees u, summons puppets and runs, every time he sees u he gets mad and summon more puppets, when u get in a certain area, he gets more pissed and summon more puppets, once u take him out, he says the line...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ok thanks for informing me that. I am sketchy because I haven't been at that part since I beat the GC and Wii versions a week after release.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Dude the OoT skull kid and MM skull kid LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME, its hard to tel lin OoT, cause hes always in a distance, but indeed they look the same...
You can get close and see his face when your a kid and you walk up to the stump hes on and look up at him. There's nothing there but a black space and eyes and mouth.

And the ONLY dialogue TP SK has is: "That was fun, lets do it again sometime!" thats it, no more, no less....
There could still be clues that it is the same SK besides dialogue.

JUST because he plays the song doesnt make him THE skull kid, I told u, hundreds of years have passed since MM in the events of TP, u would THINK one skull kid would learn that song from MM skull kid during that gap, hell in wikipedia it says theres a total of 3 diferent skull kids shown in OoT, is there ANY chance that skull kid [from TP] is one of the other 2??

That aint proof, thats hardly close to proof, just because he plays the song doesnt mean its the same one...
Your over thinking this. Seriously is there a reason for it to not be the same SK?

Point is its have proven time and time again that midna is a good contender to be in smash, and yet u deny it, saying u proven time and time again, still I havent seen anything
You haven't proven anything to me other than your bad spelling.

Skull kid has 3 apperances, which means nintendo is interested in him:
That doesnt prove much, and besides if u combine all of his roles and put it againt midna, minda wins, only one apperance and she did more than skull kid did in all of the 3 games...
Well Midna did have a LONGER game and she was the HELPER character after all.

What happen to skull kid could happen to midna:
Highly doubt it, brawl has way more time to be developed than melee had, thus sakurai can add the characters he wants, and if one of those is minda, u can surely expect her in brawl, and theirs no reason to NOT include midna...
I'd say not being important to the franchise is a good reason for her to not be included.

U said it urself the game is about all stars:
Yes true, all stars that have big roles, yet sheik was added, (note that only 4 years passed between OoT and melee) and midna not only does she have a bigger role in tp than sheik in OoT, but only about a year would have passed between TP and brawl release, so there isnt a big gap, unlike MM, 10 whole years...
Will you stop bring up Shiek? I already explained why Shiek is not an example of why Midna can get in brawl yet you continue still to ignore it.

Ok so Skull kid has ONE major role, and midna has ONE mayor role, so why should skull kid be in? its been 10 years since that major role, while for midna it hasnt even been a year, is more recent, as more popular amng recent fans...
Time means nothing to smash. Skull Kid has had one major role one minor role and one supporting role so he is more important to the franchise than Midna therefore he gets in before Midna.

We need more villains? We have enough villains, yet we lack female, and midna is, yep female, we dont need a 10 year old villain, when we could have vaati or zant, and we can have the newest female character in nintendos arsenal, Midna...
Being female is the ONLY reason Midna should get in and there are other females that are over Midna like Krystal or Lyn. Vaati is going to get in way before SK but Zant has no chance.

Hell I wouldnt be surprised if I see midna in the next trailer...
We'll just have to wait till Monday to see

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And fighting by Link's side when he was in his wolf form, not to mention all the other stuff she does during the game. Midna fought more in the game than any character other than Link.

I'd say not being important to the franchise is a good reason for her to not be included.
Midna is the Shiek and Navi of TP, not to mention she is the second most important character in TP, just like SK was the 2nd most important character in MM.

Time means nothing to smash. Skull Kid has had one major role one minor role and one supporting role so he is more important to the franchise than Midna therefore he gets in before Midna.
It takes a lot of minor rolls to mean anything, but one major roll definitely means something. That OOT roll is of no importance other than the storylines of MM, and as far as we know it could have been a diffrent Skull Kid in TP. Even if it is the same Skull Kid, that doesn't mean anything really, unless Nintendo plans on usng SK for a future LOZ game.

Being female is the ONLY reason Midna should get in and there are other females that are over Midna like Krystal or Lyn. Vaati is going to get in way before SK but Zant has no chance.
The second most important roll in the new poster LOZ game has got to mean something. Also Vatti does have a higher chance than Zant, and Zant has about the same chances as SK IMO, but you never know.

We'll just have to wait till Monday to see
Only 38 hours remain! -The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask :laugh: :) ;) :psycho: :cool:

Stryks

Smash Hero
"You can get close and see his face when your a kid and you walk up to the stump hes on and look up at him. There's nothing there but a black space and eyes and mouth."
Dude the beak is rite there, they look the same...

"There could still be clues that it is the same SK besides dialogue"
Take my word for it, theres nothing, in lost woods the only thing he says is the quote I just said, he summons puppets, dissapears, and just shows u the way to the temple, thats it, if there were more info on him it would be in wikipedia, but I pretty much sum it up, there no proof hes the same guy...

"Your over thinking this. Seriously is there a reason for it to not be the same SK?"
To please the fans, why would they put all the old 64 songs in TP as howling stone songs? to please the fans, why did they gave ganondorfs themse song when he appeared in TP? to please the fans... fact is the temple is in deep inside the woods, and if they just make link get there without a challenge, it would seem they left the temple unprotected, so since skull kids are lost kind in thw woods, they plase Skull kid as the guide, not so u would think" OMG ITS MM SKULL KID HES BACK!" no they just needed a guide, and with him being part of lost woods, and with the kokiri race no where to be found, he was the obvious choice...

I have given my points, yet u say something negative towards midna, but its positive for SK:

-Stop bringing Midna TP rol in discussion- and u say -Skull had one major role, one supporting role, and the role in OoT-
-Midna is not important to the series- and having multiple apeparance smakes a character important? yeah waluigi is uber important to the mario series...

"Well Midna did have a LONGER game and she was the HELPER character after all."
why? because she was the most mportant character in the newest game, skull kid wasnt in his major role-game...

"I'd say not being important to the franchise is a good reason for her to not be included"
Dude news flash: SK aint important to the series, just because they use him over and over and giving him lame roles doesnt make him important:

Did he had any influence in OoT: No
Did U need his help to save hyrule: No
Did he had a big role: Only in MM, makin it 1/3, which aint good
Did he gave u any weapon when u beat him: No
Do u need him in any game to clear it: Ye sonly in TP, he was just a guide, a weak ugly guide
Is he any real menace to Link: Just in MM, but it was the mask that was doin everything, in OoT u didnt necesarly fight him, and in TP 5 sword strikes and a few arrows and hes dead...

he aint important, a recourring villain and he is lame at it...

"Will you stop bring up Shiek? I already explained why Shiek is not an example of why Midna can get in brawl yet you continue still to ignore it"
What did u explain?!: "But sheik is the same identity as zelda" so? he still had only one appearance, not zelda, the sheik alter ego had only one appearance, I [unlike u] have proof, check ur sheik trophy, u can c that SHEIK was 1st introduced in OoT, but not ZELDA... thus having multiple appearances = NOT IMPORTANT

"Time means nothing to smash. Skull Kid has had one major role one minor role and one supporting role so he is more important to the franchise than Midna therefore he gets in before Midna."
Nop, 3 apeparances dont matter in smash, sheik proves it, hell roy had no appearances b4 smahs, yet there he is... having 3 roles dont make him important to the series, hes just a lame villain u dont have to necesarly have to fight in one game, was a puppet of a greater evil, and is a lame guide in another, hes far from important...

"Being female is the ONLY reason Midna should get in and there are other females that are over Midna like Krystal or Lyn. Vaati is going to get in way before SK but Zant has no chance."
Yeah and having the biggest role in [according to some] the greatest zelda game means what nothing? obcourse u cant say other female characters deserve the shot mroe than her, cause their from diferent series, u can compare who gets in 1st, wolf or krystal, lyn or Ike, but u cant compare krystal and midna cause theyre from diferent games...

"We'll just have to wait till Monday to see"
Yep...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Stryks and Numa Dude
SK is the second most important character in MM (only Link is more important), and Midna is the second most important character in TP (again Link is most important). Either can be considered the greatest LOZ game of all-time (IMO TP is the best game ever), but since TP is probably more popular, and will keep geting more popular, we'll probably get Midna, since Link is a guarentee in Brawl. And if we don't get Midna, we'll either get Zant or Vatti (Vatti more likley)=I win!

Until SK plays another major villian roll, or plays a predominant roll as Link's sidekick, helper, or sorta like Midna, Navi, or Shiek, I don't think he'll be in Smash. Simple as that IMO, but we'll have to wait until Monday=totally excited, and I'll be happy wheather I like the characters in the heavily likely trailer or not (as long as I don't hate them=Link's Uncle in ALTTP, wtf?...).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am guessing that we are gonna get a total of four characters from the Zelda series.

1. Link (confirmed so no use arguing over him)

2. Zelda (I personally think Sheik is outta the game, but Zelda must return. She represents the tri-force of Wisdom after all)

3. Gannondorf (he completes the trifecta and yes I am sure he will use his own moves this time around or maybe he will be a Ness clone)

4. Now this spot has many contenders. I am gonna list them in opiniated categories.

Best Chance:

a) Midna- this is my personal choice, only strike going against her is recent appearance (might not of had a chance to squeeze her in)

b) Tingle- I know I know but the Japanese love him

Good Chance:

a) Windwaker Link

Alright Chance:

a) Vaati
b) Skull Kid (w or w/o Majora's Mask)

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
You can get close and see his face when your a kid and you walk up to the stump hes on and look up at him. There's nothing there but a black space an eyes and mouth.
Kay. One again, TP Skull Kid is probably not MM Skull Kid. There is no evidence aside from Saria's song, which is not concrete in any way shape or form. Like I said before, all of the wold's howls are remixed OoT songs, so if anything it seems like fanservice to me. And the majority of people I talk to didn't even think that the two Skull Kids were one and the same, and all of them did not think it was. The fact remains that you have not played the game, so you clearly have no idea on the subject.

There could still be clues that it is the same SK besides dialogue.
Like what, Saria's Song? Been discussed. It's not solid proof in any way. And the dialogue doesn't help his case, you would think he would mention something about it if they really wished to imply that it was the same Skull Kid.

Your over thinking this. Seriously is there a reason for it to not be the same SK?
Is there a reason it should be? There's a whole race of them, why one specific Skull Kid. He didn't even mention any fact, nor gave any clues to hint that he was one and the same. YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME, YOU ARE NOT KNOWLEDGEABLE ON THE SUBJECT!

You haven't proven anything to me other than your bad spelling.
And you haven't proven anything other than reiterating "LOLZ ITS HIM CUZ SARIS SON!!!!" No, get better proof, cause that argument doesn't hold a drop of water.

...Thus improving her chances... If she's in it longer, thus more attachment to fans, thus more demand for her.

Yes, because Skull Kid is. Once again, he's a sidenote. The only characters that are permanently important to the franchise are Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. Skull Kid has done nothing other than his one major role. And once again, you haven't played Twilight Princess, so you clearly do not know anything about the subject. Play the game, and then we'll hold a debate.

...Augh. Skull Kid is not more important to the franchise. Once again, he's had less screentime. And his cameos does not add relevance ot his character, especially considering the majority of fans do no even consider the TP Skull Kid and the MM Skull Kid to be one and the same. And his 3 lines of dialogue and OoT doesn't make him more important. Until you have solid proof that the TP Skull Kid is MM Skull Kid, I will never consider them to be one and the same. If they were, I think it'd be really cool, but it's pure speculation, and has no solid evidence. And once again, you haven't played the game, so you're not exactly the most knowledgable on his alleged cameo.

Midna's had more lines.
More total screen time.

Face it, Skull Kid's been in two games, one where he's in it for like 5 mins, a short sidequest.

And saying that because he's in more games he's more relevant is total bullcrap. It's like saying, that hey, because Octorok has been in every game thus far, the race/creature is clearly more important to the series.

I think Zant has more of a chance than Skull Kid, because he is more recent. And Skull Kid's supposed cameo was not even relevant in any way.

We'll just have to wait till Monday to see.
Possibly.

Oh, and;

Play the **** game. Please. Please. Please. You haven't played it so seriously, I can't take any of your debates seriously, as all I can think is "wow, he's probably watched one video." You don't know the facts until you've actually played through the game.

e.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
No, you are correct.Indeed the events in TP take place over a hundred years after MM.The hero of time is long dead (due to age) but Ganondorf is the very same that was imprisoned by the 7 sages in OoT(Zelda is the seventh sage).Zelda is dead as well and reincarnated (like Link).I believe Zelda's and Link's reincarnation must always occur to keep the balance of the triforce intact.For it is them that they are most suited to guard these two halves.And also as stated 3 lines above Ganondorf is far from dead! Make no mistake..Ganondorf is not by far ageless or immortal.He was just imprisoned in a timeless dimension called sacred realm(The place that he was shackled by the sages).
Having straighted that out let's move on with what I believe has happened to the SKull kid.
As you probably know Skull kids are kokiris lost in the forest taking a different form and shape..If the kokiri is good (meaning not evil or wicked in some way) he will turn to be into a Skull kid! If it's the other way around it will become a Stalfos(Skeleton monster appeared in many Zelda games). Now our renowed Skull kid somehow entered Termina like Link.Termina is a parallel dimension to Hyrule(Meaning you can't go there with normal means like walking there).Anyway my point is that the Skull kid MAY be imoortal cause the kokiri are ageless and MIGHT be immortal as well(By immortal I mean they can't die out of age)! If it's like that then the Skull kid of course is possible to be seen in TP and be the very same.If not then it must be just another Skull kid testing Link just to play with him(And the Saria's song is indeed an addition for the fans). I'm just assuming it's the same Skull kid taking into account that the song is not for the fans but a hint and judging by the mask resembling the moon in MM.

P.S In TP I strongly believe that the skeleton teaching you all the techniques is the hero of time.Having regrets about not finishing of Ganondorf completely.There is a STRONG imply saying that.(He also uses his left arm to hold the sword like every other Link)

P.S2 The only reason TP Link has his sword in his right hand is because it is mirrored from the gamecube version..After all the game was designed for gamecube at first.
haha, yes, nice argument, i admit, youll take the victory for this one!:laugh: good show. anyway, yes i already knew that the kokiri are ageless, i just forgot (its been like, i think 8 or so years since i last played oot) same thing about the skull kids and stalfos, just forgot, thanks for reminding me man/woman! as for the left handed thing, yes i knew that too, i always knew link was left handed, and that they mirrored the Wii version to accomodate the majority of right handed peoples. but thanks also for pointing out that interesting point in the dead teacher dude, now that i think of it, his line about regretting his past does fit in with what happened! one thing i dont get though, is if indeed it ~is~ him, why is he wearing celtic/nordic style armor and not the trademark green tunic? i know that the tunic gets passed on through the generations,, but if they intended him to be the past hero, they would've atleast designed him with the tunic. probably his concept art has him wearing it perhaps? good ones man!:laugh: i think i have a new friend , mind if i buddy you?:laugh:

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
jeezuz numa dude, just because the SK from TP does a fanservice of playing saria song, it doesnt mean that this SK is the same as the MM one, and how would you even know? you havent even played the effing game yet. if you think that the SK in mm oot and tp are one and the same, fine, but remember that games nowadays contain alot of cameos and fan service, sarias song was just a coincidence (spelling lewl) they just put it in there because they thougght it would fit perfectly into the area of the game, which happens to be a lost woods type of area, where you have to follow the sound of sarias song, and plus since its the lost woods, wouldnt it make sense to play sairas song? ~ExAcTlY~

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
We have no reason to think SK was even considered for melee and with Midna in a similar situation we have no reason to think more time increases Midna's chances.

Stop repeating this.

It doesn't really take that much time to make an original moveset for characters who have none.

It has been proven by several people on this thread to be the same one you just aren't listening to what they are saying. All of the people on the rate their chances thread are biased. You want proof? Midna got to be voted on twice with the stupid wolf as an excuse.

It doesn't matter if she helped you more than the other companions she was still just a companion.

Stop repeating her importance to TP.

It's the same one for the love of god and it has been proven several times.

Now you're just in denial of the obvious truth. It's the same SK the facts are all right in front of you and you still choose to ignore it.

Your new name is capt. obvious.

Every era needs rep and will probably get rep in a way whether it be a move character or stage. Every era will get rep because Nintendo loves to show how they remember the old classics. Saying the 64 doesn't need rep is like saying they should forget about it.

Why must you continue to argue with me on this point and continue to use the same examples? Appearances show if they are going to continue to use the character and SK's appearances show they will continue to use him while it is still too early to tell for Midna she has only had one appearance so far and she is still not important enough yet to use. Stop saying it was all the mask in MM because it was SK that committed all of the crimes all the mask did was corrupt his heart and mind and made him a crazy emo that wanted to kill everything. You can't use Shiek as an example of why Midna can get in and I have said why countless times and you have continued to ignore it.

For all we know SK wasn't in melee because they didn't know if he was going to continue to be a part of the series and with his role in TP (however minor it may be) it shows they still remember him and plan to use him in the future. It's the same situation no matter how you word it.

*Hoping Tingle is in brawl*

Rock people who eat rocks, fish people who eat fish, plant people who shoot nuts, humping zombies, humping mummies,kids with no faces, magic clothes that protect you from heat and choking and carpenters who mysteriously have no eyes. I say the Zelda series has alot of unique stuff.

You got me on the female thing but being female does not automatically equal a chance in brawl. Besides there are tons of possible female characters that have better chances like Krystal or Lyn.

The Wii version is supposed to be better so I'm waiting to play that one. I've had the **** game since Christmas and STILL haven't got a **** Wii yet. I want to know what the hell happened to supply and demand.

That term is meant to be used when someone doesn't like something withought ever trying it and I'm not doing that. I'm judging her chances on facts that I already know and not how I like or dislike her.

Please learn to spell.
see that, you dont even have a wii yet, you cant even really prove it that sk is same and blabla. like it or not midna is not just a companion, she has her own part in the story.
"It's the same one for the love of god and it has been proven several times.
Now you're just in denial of the obvious truth. It's the same SK the facts are all right in front of you and you still choose to ignore it." no it has not, people just say it is 'cause they just want it that way, there is no ultimately perfect proof, you cant prove it, can you? can you type 10 or more paragraphs explaining why it is indeed the same SK? and how can there be denial of the truth if the truth doesnt even exist with the said proof? obviously your just pissing your own self off by fuelling others to flame war with you. (not that i'd want to, since i have better things to do than flame you). let me say it again, there is no concrete proof that they are on and the same. you dont even know if those so-called "facts" are true, do you? get your facts straight!:lick: i have more to say, but ill save it for later.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
oh just thought of something, every one knows tht kokiri are immortal/ageless, right? and everyone alsio knows that a skull kid is a transformed kokiri right? but dont you think that, since they arent kokiri anymore, theyd lose their gift of agelessness? if that were true, and most likely is (considering that it was given to them by the deku tree/ goddesses, or something like that) then that means the SK in TP and oot/mm are not the same, for the skull kid might have taught it to other skull kids. makes plenty of sense, but then again, its been a loooong time since ive played Oot and i dont remember alot from it, so i could be wrong. just wish people would give evidence and proof that they are indeed one and the same. is that too much to ask?

EdIt~: lol 4 posts in a row, please forgiiiiiiiiive meeeeeeeeeeeeee >_<

D

Deleted member

Heck, this topic got huge real soon.

Anyway, anyone put my topic up yet? Just checking.

I support mostly pre-TP characters, as I think its a bit...insulting...to have a game that steamrollers over all the others and then every character is demanded to be in Smash.

Midna, I like, but I don't think she would fit right. Zant I do, though, but he's a little recent for my liking.

Somehow, I think Nintendo will give the masses what they want anyway...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Rawr.

If Saria's Song proves that the TP Skull Kid is the same from Majora's Mask, then TP Link is the Hero of Time, because he knows Epona's Song.
Then again, why should any other Skull Kid be given the important task of guarding the Master Sword? On the other hand, why not? *shrugs*

Sorry for defiling your name, Wiseguy. I thought Wisey sounded cute. D= And it reminded me of an old buddy whom I used to call that and and and.. *bursts out in tears*

PS: Kudos to Luke for the nonviolence.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't there also a Skull kid of sorts in ALttP? The singing boy in the Forest? This topic grew three pages while I slept.

Vali

Smash Ace
On the matter of Skull Kid, i really do think the people denying that it's the same one are going more in the face of evidence. Sure there's no actual concrete evidence, and it could possibly be fanservice or coincidental, but there's a lot of evidence going for a singular Skull Kid with recurring appearances.

For starters, the Skull Kid you teach Saria's song to already recurs from OOT to MM meaning that Nintendo already singled out 1 Skull Kid to develop on for MM and if they were to add Skull Kids again, why shouldn't that one been included even if it is just a cameo? Secondly, as Vampirekain pointed out even though the Skull Kid may not look the same as the previous incarnations of him, the facial expression resembles the sadistic smile of the moon in MM which happens to be the game he's played a major role in. Again, fanservice or clue? On the subject of not looking the same, isn't it possible that with a new generation of console and all of the characters getting an updated more mature look that when Skull Kid was added to the game his look was also updated to match the new maturer theme? As for Saria's song as evidence that too goes the way of fanservice or clue as it can't be proven conclusively either way, infact none of this can but just because you can't prove it conclusively doesn't mean you can't draw a reasonably accurate conclusion based on the evidence you have *cough*evolution*cough*.

As for the pointless quote wars, they're starting to make my eyes bleed and really you haven't said anything relatively new for about the past 10 or so quote wars.

*state argument 1*
*quote argument 1, state counter-argument 1*
*quote counter-argument 1, state counter argument 2(which is the same as arguement 1)*
*quote counter argument 2, state counter arguement 3 (same as counter argument 1)*

It gets boring reading the same **** thing >.>

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
haha, yes, nice argument, i admit, youll take the victory for this one!:laugh: good show. anyway, yes i already knew that the kokiri are ageless, i just forgot (its been like, i think 8 or so years since i last played oot) same thing about the skull kids and stalfos, just forgot, thanks for reminding me man/woman! as for the left handed thing, yes i knew that too, i always knew link was left handed, and that they mirrored the Wii version to accomodate the majority of right handed peoples. but thanks also for pointing out that interesting point in the dead teacher dude, now that i think of it, his line about regretting his past does fit in with what happened! one thing i dont get though, is if indeed it ~is~ him, why is he wearing celtic/nordic style armor and not the trademark green tunic? i know that the tunic gets passed on through the generations,, but if they intended him to be the past hero, they would've atleast designed him with the tunic. probably his concept art has him wearing it perhaps? good ones man!:laugh: i think i have a new friend , mind if i buddy you?:laugh:
It wasn't an argument! About the skeleton teaching you the techniques being the dead hero of time...Some clues hint out that it is him! Just that! They would never state that clear in a Zelda game! They want you to think:D They want you to get it all out of the game by yourself! And after they torture you for about 5 years they MIGHT give you an answer!
And no problem..Add me on friends list on the Wii or/and MSN messenger!

EDIT: Guys you know that you've been owned by Vali in a single post right?! He's absolutely right that you don't know if these lil clues are fanservice or actual clues leading back to Skull kid! One thing's for sure...Fanservice means that they ARE interested in Skull kid and they decided to make a tribute for him.

D

Deleted member

As good an analyzer Vali is, and even as persistent as his attempts at stopping the "quote wars" have been, as long as there are idiots on these boards they will continue.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Rawr.

If Saria's Song proves that the TP Skull Kid is the same from Majora's Mask, then TP Link is the Hero of Time, because he knows Epona's Song.
Skull kid may be immortal..The hero of time is not!
The best possible explanation and I believe it's what happened as well is for Link's reincarnation (namely TP Link) to repeat some stuff that his ancestor did! Being the hero of time's reincarnation he must repeat a part of history (Without knowing he's doing something that has already happened) in order for him to be able to carry the name "Link".

Fawriel

Smash Master
Vali! *hugs*

EDIT: Oh. Kain, I think you missed the sarcasm again. *grins*
That was an argument against the Skull Kid being the same one, since Link is obviously not the same one.
But yeah, it makes sense that the one Skull Kid who's reappeared in a game would be deemed THE Skull Kid and reappears again... aaagh, I was so close to that!

D

Deleted member

What about me? No hugs for me?

Please add Ralph to the suspected topic. I spent ages on that thread, oh sooooo long ago.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Wow your drenching yourself even more.
You "real men" are expressing your "feelings" to each other huh.
Two words for you guys...GAY!!!(not happy)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Good point about PMs, but this is just too awesome. Everyone is arguing and calling names, suddenly Vali posts and everyone stops and then there's hugging!

I'm such a hippie. ^^

Vali

Smash Ace
What about me? No hugs for me?

Please add Ralph to the suspected topic. I spent ages on that thread, oh sooooo long ago.
I'd get in touch with Mendez about that one. And Creo, it's the internet, lighten up a bit.

Vali

Smash Ace
Ooohhh the huugggiiinnngg. Well I can't calm down because it is still gay.
I know it's a bit off-topic, but I do kinda feel sorry for someone that's so insecure about their sexuality that they think that e-hugging someone on the internet could be considered gay :laugh: After nothing but about 10 pages of constant quote/flame wars a bit of peace makes a nice change don't you think?

Top Bottom