• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Zelda Discussion - What's In, what's out?

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Ive got a question: if Shiek is out, which alot of people think so, what'd you think they'd do with her moveset and playstyle? Who would be most likely to play like Shiek? Or you think they'd axe her character type (moves, weight, speed, etc.) completely?

D

Deleted member

We call them wat inspired Sakurai to make Crazy and Master Hand, plus Mario in his 8-bit form. ;)
No and yes.

Master Hand was born out of the idea that Smash Bros. was a child playing with his toys, although his laugh makes him sound like a middle-aged man living in his parent's basement. There was speculation it was Mario's glove, but that had so many holes in it. For one, the voice is completely off. Another's that the hand's attacks are nothing like Mario's, he flies around and shoots rockets. The crowning piece of evidence is the opening, where the hand actually picks up the characters and places them on a battlefield. He's also the cursor of the select screen in 'Melee, not being too blatant though. The child is not shown, so you could also say that although Master Hand represents a child's imagination, he's a completely different entity altogether. I wouldn't bet against him being a demonic creature that forces the characters of Smash Bros. to fight until Ragnarök.

Crazy Hand is supposed to represent or be the destructive side of the child, he's essentially a clone of Master Hand. They're also representative of left and right hands, giving more ground to the claim they are the "hands of a child", even if they sound like evil slobs. Crazy Hand's attacks are akin to a psychopath, with static movements, rapid attacks and arguably harder to avoid moveset. Even though they're both opposites, they do perform a few double-team attacks. Meaning they have a relationship with each other of some sort. Or you could ignore all I've said, and realise they are just bosses. They may have nothing to do with anything, or just be the friggin' cursor you use to select. But they have nothing to do with Andross! There is no connection! Andross' hands have jewels in the center of their palms, where you shoot laser beams to do damage! They would then be impossible for simple kicks and punches to destroy. And no, Andross has never laughed like Master/Crazy Hand.

Jumpman is the 8bit version of Mario. Except, you know, he's not a "version" but more of a downgrade. Mario has improved from that exact model to what he is now. He's still able to jump, which is the sole action Jumpman has available to him. If Jumpman could use any moves apart from an extraordinarily large jump, he'd either have to steal them from Mario ala the Doc or have something crazy like the moves of the enemies. It won't work. He'd also look bollucks. Who wants a sprite that fugly in 'Brawl? Nostalgia? Oh, please, we'll have Sonic, Balloon Fighter, Megaman and maybe even the (unlikely) returners ICs and G&W. We don't need another Mario.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The voices don't speak against the child-theory. Children always imagine themselves to be big and mighty adults.

D

Deleted member

If you accept that these hands are the imagination of the child itself and not actual hands, with the voice emitting from the child who's watching over it all. 'Seems more likely that the entire game is based around the imagination of a child.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Since we seem to have exhausted discussion of all the worthy Zelda additions, how about we each mention the worst zelda characters suggestions we can think of. I'll start it off with the most disturbing character in the series thus far: the Goron elder Gor Coron - or I refer to him: Moobs! Honestly, how could the ESRB let this eye sore into a T-rated game without a bra?

D

Deleted member

I was thinking... Navi!

WATCH OUT! LISTEN! LISTEN! HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT!

D

Deleted member

I have you beat...

I present to you, the new Zelda character in 'Brawl...

THE TRIFORCE!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Jar-Jar Binks.

*hopes to god that nobody actually knows who he means although it's bloody obvious and dammit why am I posting here*
*hides behind the air?*

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Jar-Jar Binks.

*hopes to god that nobody actually knows who he means although it's bloody obvious and dammit why am I posting here*
*hides behind the air?*
I don't know which is more disturbing, that suggestion, the fact that I have no idea what your talking about (since when is Jar Jar been in a Zelda game?) or the fact that your post count is 666.... :laugh:

D

Deleted member

The Triforce's moveset:

As - Light Blast, the Triforce shoots a beam of light in a random direction.

Bs - Dark Blast, the Triforce shoots a beam of darkness in a random direction.

The Triforce does not taunt, grab or move from it's spot high in the sky. Only Jigglypuff can reach him.

Super Smash - Light and Dark Blast, the Triforce shoots two beams that are dark and light in a random direction.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The Triforce's moveset:

As - Light Blast, the Triforce shoots a beam of light in a random direction.

Bs - Dark Blast, the Triforce shoots a beam of darkness in a random direction.

The Triforce does not taunt, grab or move from it's spot high in the sky. Only Jigglypuff can reach him.

Super Smash - Light and Dark Blast, the Triforce shoots two beams that are dark and light in a random direction.

From the sounds of it, the Triforce will be almost as challenging to play as as Sheik...

D

Deleted member

Pfft. The days of Sheik are over. To balance it out, Triforce will transform into Super Triforce. Don't worry, people will use them equally. Super Triforce is better in every way.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Pfft. The days of Sheik are over. To balance it out, Triforce will transform into Super Triforce. Don't worry, people will use them equally. Super Triforce is better in every way.
Yeah, I can just picture the arguments now... "it doesn't matter if you play as Navi ot thr Triforce, the best player will always win! So, **** ***** ***** *************** you Scrub!"

(Yeah, I know a fifteen letter swear word. Wouldn't you like to know...)

Anyway, I want to apologize to Moobs. I've just realized that Shiek is clearly a far worse character choice.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah, I can just picture the arguments now... "it doesn't matter if you play as Navi ot thr Triforce, the best player will always win! So, **** ***** ***** *************** you Scrub!"

(Yeah, I know a fifteen letter swear word. Wouldn't you like to know...).
Quoted and sigged, Wiseguy. That was priceless.

As for the worst possible Zelda character suggestion, I got a good one. What about the guy that humps the accordion in OoT? Remember? He's the guy in the windmill at Karakiko Village, playing his god-awful version of the Song of Storms (the ocarina version faring little better in my book).

Any thoughts, gents?

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

(Yeah, I know a fifteen letter swear word. Wouldn't you like to know...)

Anyway, I want to apologize to Moobs. I've just realized that Shiek is clearly a far worse character choice.
Only scrubs shall diss the almighty Super Triforce and Navi! LISTEN! HEY, *****, LISTEN!

Sheik was definitely the worst idea ever. Super Triforce'll be different. People who disagree eat scrubs, wear scrubs, talk to scrubs and have sex with scrubs. They are scrubs!

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't know which is more disturbing, that suggestion, the fact that I have no idea what your talking about (since when is Jar Jar been in a Zelda game?) or the fact that your post count is 666.... :laugh:
Mendez knows.... *looks around frantically*

As for the worst possible Zelda character suggestion, I got a good one. What about the guy that humps the accordion in OoT? Remember? He's the guy in the windmill at Karakiko Village, playing his god-awful version of the Song of Storms (the ocarina version faring little better in my book).

Any thoughts, gents?

Smooth Criminal
Dontchoo go dissin' da weatherman, bub!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

Any thoughts, gents?

Smooth Criminal
Wow, the Windmill guy. I alsmost forgot how disturbing he was... Zelda really is filled with messed up characters. Remeber the Great Fairy from OoT? I'm still mentally scarred...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
You guys wanna hear a really crappy idea? KAFEI! Some ******* think that Kafei actualy has a shot in brawl because he was playable in an unimportant sidequest. At least the triforce mattered to the story. I win, in all of your faces. Oh BTW I need help getting to the owl statue thing in faron woods in TP.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
You guys wanna hear a really crappy idea? KAFEI! Some ******* think that Kafei actualy has a shot in brawl because he was playable in an unimportant sidequest. At least the triforce mattered to the story. I win, in all of your faces. Oh BTW I need help getting to the owl statue thing in faron woods in TP.

Yeah, Kafei certainly isn't a great character choice (understatment).

How exactly are you stuck? Do you not know where the statue is or are just unable to reach it?

D

Deleted member

The most annoying part of TP was the Master Sword bit. Skull kid is annoying as hell to find, took about half an hour, then that really annoying puzzle with the massive statue things.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Well I actually liked the Master sword bit 'cause Zelda needs a tad harder parts like these! Cause the way I see it, it will end up being playable by 8 year olds after all. I wish the Hourglass of doom could be a bit challenging.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Yeah, Kafei certainly isn't a great character choice (understatment).

How exactly are you stuck? Do you not know where the statue is or are just unable to reach it?
I've used the dominion rod on every single statue on the map except for the one in faron woods and no matter how much I try I just can't figure out how to get up to the cliff the map says the statue is on.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Concerning stages I would like to see a stage based on Ganon's castle in OoT! Well the outside of it with the background of the castle and maybe the Great Fairy being there as a stage obstacle! Maybe something to do with the rainbow road the Sages erected as well...Like appearing and disappearing at random times causing the players to fall into the lava.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
@ Numa- Ohh you are trying to get to the City in the Sky right. If that is the case, that guy that refills oil, there will be a rock to blow up somewhere and that is the Dominion Rod spot.(the guy that gives you your first bottle of lantern fluid)

D

Deleted member

I'd like to see a Zant stage. He really doesn't deserve a character spot, but he **** well deserves a stage based on his boss fight. The stage would change, ala Pokemon Stadium but slower, and Zant would be jumping around in the background. It would depict the battle in TP - but with a lack of stage hazards to avoid hilarity/annoyance. Maybe the last change would depict Midna using the fused shadow to "finish" Zant off if she's not in as a character. This'd be the only stage hazard.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Or it can just be a backround view like Termina Bay when you see the Four Giants stopping the moon from crashing into earth.(Ahh the Oath to Order...got to love it)
It can show Midna killing Zant with it in the backround then start over again.

Vali

Smash Ace
A Zant stage would only bring back horrible memories of disappointment.

D

Deleted member

Yes, but unlike Termina Bay there is no platform like the harbor and turtle that can stay unchanged for Zant's battle. Unless they stole the platform style straight from the Pokemon Stadium stage and have you watch from high in the air. Everything changes, and to place you where the action is all taking place you'd need to be on a changing platform. And yeah, I think that'd be appropriate. Maybe not "killing" Zant, but whitening out most of the screen with the explosion and doing damage to everyone in the center before starting the cycle again. Have a good space for each change as well, not so much like Mute City or Pokemon Stadium. A good minute or two before each change.

I know your pain, Vali, but it's the saving grace pre-Ganondorf Zant doesn't have. I dislike all Zants the same amount, if you wondered. :lol:

Vali

Smash Ace
I didn't doubt you for a second :grin:. On the subject of Termina Bay, it's just struck me that if they scrap that level and also don't put Game + Watch in Brawl, Brawl will end up turtle-free. That would be terrible. Save the turtles.

D

Deleted member

I can't think of any turtle characters... Maybe they'll create a totally new character for 'Brawl that is a turtle to make up for it.

D

Deleted member

Bowser's a koopa. He just has a shell, like all koopas.

Top Bottom