• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Zelda Discussion - What's In, what's out?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Fawriel beat me to it. He's kind of a Dragon/Turtle hybrid really, but I prefer thinking of him as a turtle. Still, more turtles wouldn't go amiss. Bowser jr. is also a possibility.

Though neither of them are Zelda characters so we'd be straying off topic.

It's a pity that the Termina stage is most likely gone (unless it returns as a past stage), I liked battling in the ocean. Maybe we'll get a WW like stage to replace, which could work as WW Links personal stage as well.

Vali

Smash Ace
How many turtles do you know that have real spikes on their shells, breath fire and worrying have eyebrows (not to mention teeth, arms with claws etc.)? Dragon-tortoise-thing =/= turtle, it = Koopa. Regular Koopas are very similar to tortoises come to think of it, but I've never actually seen them that way before since I don't really try and make the jump between fictional races and their real-world counterparts. Also people seem to confuse turtles and tortoises a lot, since tortoises are the ones that walk on land with legs whereas turtles have flippers and swim in the sea. Thus a Koopa is more like a tortoise than a turtle.

Still would be nice to have a proper turtle in again.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm a culprit of that, I often use turtle as a general term for them incorrectly. Still, a koopa is just a fictional race based on a tortoise (to be fair, Bowser is really the only one with Dragon features, the rest of the koopas are more tortoise like) and the Mario series isn't known for it's realism. Don't know why some of them have bird wings though.

What other famous turtles are there in Nintendo's franchises though. The Great Bay Turtle is really the only one that immediately springs to mind.

D

Deleted member

Yes, as far as turtles and pandas go there aren't many. Are there any in Animal Crossing?

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm excused for the turtle/tortoise business because English isn't my first language. Hah! *points and laughs*

Important turtles that are NOT Koopas?

In a Nintendo game?
...does third party count, too?

http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/wiki/index.php?Devan+Shell
Jazz Jackrabbit ftw! <3
( Okay, he wasn't REALLY in a Nintendo game... JJAdvance was for the GBA... but it sucked and is not regarded as canon. ...but Jazz Jackrabbit still rocks, dammit! )

D

Deleted member

I believe there actually is an AC turtle...

Anyway, what is the likelihood that WW stages will replace WW stages?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I don't know about any turtles but if one pops into mind I will tell you guys. Is there a turtle in Diddy Kongs racing because I believe there is.
A WW stage likely to appear is Forsaken Fortress. I would want the end battle stage with Ganondorf though.

D

Deleted member

I know this is off-topic... But what has happened to this board? :chuckle:

Vali

Smash Ace
Tiptup

And what happened is people ran out of things to discuss?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Tecnically no. I am sure someone will start an argument to get this on track once again. Just I am not starting this time.
There you go...Tiptup is another turtle character.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok seriously can we get back on topic? ok we already talked about character, stages, and other stuff, what about Items, any ideas?

Stryks

Smash Hero
What about the fairys tears, it will restore all of ur damage, and give u an extra boost in strength, combine the extra strength and the Final smash and ur oponent is a gonner :D

D

Deleted member

Nah, Wiseguy/Mendez proposed those mouse bomb things with a great summary of how they'd work. I forget the actual terminology.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I've always preferred Bombchus as opposed to those weird spider things we get in TP. Not sure how'd they work though, the only thing I can think of is that they just run along the ground when released, though they'd be very easy to avoid.

In the scenario that Tingle isn't a playable character, how about the Tingle tuner, that way you can summon him to drop bombs or to abduct a character.

edit: oh, I'd like to see that then XD

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yes I have suggested the Tingle Tuner if he is not a character. That would be a great item. He just flys across the top of the stage dropping bombs on you and if you hit him, he gets frantic, puts on an angry face then flys wicked quick while dropping bombs faster.

D

Deleted member

Bombchus, that's it! Named after the infamous Pika-chu. :lol:

D

Deleted member

What do you guys think of my old Pig Ganon/TP Beast Ganon idea for Ganondorf's Super Smash attack? By selection, either you select Pig Ganon from OoT or Beast Ganon from TP. Pig Ganon slices through a large amount of the screen and by under a small amount of control but with more power, but TP Beast Ganon will simply charge across the entire screen. So you have the choice of power or range.

Fawriel

Smash Master
They won't create a whole new character model just for a Final Smash... much less such a large one. And even much less two large ones. That would almost be like creating a whole new character just for that cause...

...and I'm all for the Tingle Tuner. Best possible way for Tingle to be included.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What do you guys think of my old Pig Ganon/TP Beast Ganon idea for Ganondorf's Super Smash attack? By selection, either you select Pig Ganon from OoT or Beast Ganon from TP. Pig Ganon slices through a large amount of the screen and by under a small amount of control but with more power, but TP Beast Ganon will simply charge across the entire screen. So you have the choice of power or range.
Give Ganondorf a heavier and slower final smash than Link's. DONE! :laugh: :) ;)

Tingle Tuner would be intresting (unique idea), but how it would work would be intresting to see. If it works fine, I"m fine or good with it, but if it isn't too good or impressive, to heck with it. ;)

D

Deleted member

It wouldn't be an entirely new character, it'd be two misty forms, one running and another slashing. They'd be as hard to make as those massive Super Smash attacks Mario and Link already have.

OoT Ganon would have power and be slow. TP Ganon would have weakness and be fast. :lol:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It wouldn't be an entirely new character, it'd be two misty forms, one running and another slashing. They'd be as hard to make as those massive Super Smash attacks Mario and Link already have.
I don' like the idea of pig/normal Ganon in Brawl. Sure he's cool and all, bu he's overly large, and shouldn't bei ncluded in the game OTHER than as a boss. His smash would be something brutal, maybe too brutal! :laugh: ;) :)

D

Deleted member

Well, he is the Dark Lord of Zelda. His Super Smash should be something devastating! I'm not saying that either of the forms would branch the entire screen either. OoT Ganon would slash until tired then revert and TP Ganon would run off the stage and normal Ganondorf would float back on to the top of the screen. :chuckle:

And you have to admit, that'd look awesome. It'd connect the two Ganondorf's together.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, he is the Dark Lord of Zelda. His Super Smash should be something devastating! I'm not saying that either of the forms would branch the entire screen either. OoT Ganon would slash until tired then revert and TP Ganon would run off the stage and normal Ganondorf would float back on to the top of the screen. :chuckle:

And you have to admit, that'd look awesome. It'd connect the two Ganondorf's together.
I t would be, but not as a plabyable character, again unless that was Ganondorf's fianl smash move. Ganon would be a 30 foot giant, and would make a great boss, but a bad playable charcter. ;) He's awsome, and that move would be awsome, but I only want Ganondorf in Brawl, with a Ganondorf final smash. ;) :) :psycho:

D

Deleted member

I t would be, but not as a plabyable character, again unless that was Ganondorf's fianl smash move. Ganon would be a 30 foot giant, and would make a great boss, but a bad playable charcter. ;) He's awsome, and that move would be awsome, but I only want Ganondorf in Brawl, with a Ganondorf final smash. ;) :) :psycho:
To make up for having terrible range and speed compared to TP Ganon I figured OoT Ganon would be slightly controllable, still a bit crazy in his actions, and have more powerful attacks with his two swords. And yeah, I don't think that Ganon should be playable. These would be very simplistic models, as giant as they may be. A boss would also suffice, maybe an even bigger version ala Giga Bowser but with the traits of both Ganons. :chuckle:

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
How about have TP Beast Gannon as a cut scene for Ganondorf's final smash attack - like Kirby's. Gannondorf transorms, takes out massive damage on his oppoents and then transforms back. That wouldn't require creating a whole other character model.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
How about have TP Beast Gannon as a cut scene for Ganondorf's final smash attack - like Kirby's. Gannondorf transorms, takes out massive damage on his oppoents and then transforms back. That wouldn't require creating a whole other character model.
Ya but it would take even more time to make, rather than just give Ganondorf a move sorta like Link's final smash, but with heavier blows, a bit diffrent way of beating the **** out of opponenets, etc. Maybe he traps an opponent, sorta like what he did to Zelda in OOT=??? ;) :psycho: :)

thrak

Smash Cadet
That could be cool, but if it took "massive damage" on its opponents, the attack would have 2 B somewat simple to avoid. (For example, Mario's final smash looks strong, and goes all over the place, but can be avoided by simply moving above, below, or behind Mario)

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
@ creo, that attack was a killer. was it even possible to dodge? i remember trying all sorts of things like the back flip, spin attack, etc. but never quite getting away.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well it is dodgable because I let him use it on me once and I didn't get hit, although, I don't like getting hit and that attack is slow so you get the picture.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I beat TP yesterday and guess what, I STILL think Midna and Zant have no chance of getting in brawl for the same reasons I've been talking about this whole time. Playing the game and learning about the actual characters has done nothing to change my opinion on their chances of brawl(even though I think they are both cool now especially Zant).

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well I still don't really like Midna but have always liked Zant. My opinions stay the same though because I have beaten it a while ago. Congrats for beating it Numa. Tingle for Brawl.

Top Bottom