• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash 4, a Brawl/Melee tournament, June 28th, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
but i thought all the melee players were coming...and were gonna play melee??!?!?? Like enough for a good melee tournament. my hopes have just been shattered. Although i guess less people means less people to beat ;D ;D ;D *trash talk* xelic should come anyways. We can be in the back playing ddr :D :D
I really do hope for a better Melee turn out. We need more TVs badly this time around. I felt bad having to use Kal's TV for Brawl. I'll be bringing an extra TV to help out myself.

Taylor! It's up to you to do it. Use your womanly wiles >_>

EDIT: Pozer, what's ITG?

Kal

Smash Champion
This time, I don't think my TV will be used for Brawl. >_>

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If I can get some people from Waco to go/take me then I will try to attend this. I'm taking a vacation trip sometime in June but I'm pretty sure I will be back a few days before this.

Kal

Smash Champion
Kal let's fox ditto =) Though I suck so terribly at melee >_>
Sure. My Fox isn't so good, but I've been practicing a little bit. I'm not very consistent with my L-Cancels yet. I'd much rather play Marth vs. Fox, since my Marth chews up and spits out Foxes.

We can play whatever matches you want. I've been picking up Roy, and mine is getting to be rather solid.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Rob stop being lazy and get your license.

But name a day and we'll do some brawl.
Just tell me anytime you come over and I'll make time lol. I haven't touched Melee or Brawl since the last tourney :(

nakofan64

Smash Apprentice
Kal let's fox ditto =) Though I suck so terribly at melee >_>

Nako let's play some starcraft. Which server you on?
United States (West) screen name is nakofan64

I'll need to sign up again...I've been playing versus the computer just to get my game back up. What race do you play?

Kal

Smash Champion
I would say CVS2 for its speed and ridiculousness.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Thinking about getting into 3S since Smash is pretty much dead in my eyes. Only prob is like ps2's still cost a shiz load :(

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Well, if you're looking for a good tourney game, wait until SF4 or Soul Calibur 4 comes out because 3S has hardly any scene compared to Smash. GG has a decent community though.

You'll also find that 3S isn't very technical at all and it reminds me a lot of Brawl in the sense that it takes a lot of mindgames and strategy rather than technical ability. GG and MvC2 are very technical though.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Well, if you're looking for a good tourney game, wait until SF4 or Soul Calibur 4 comes out because 3S has hardly any scene compared to Smash. GG has a decent community though.

You'll also find that 3S isn't very technical at all and it reminds me a lot of Brawl in the sense that it takes a lot of mindgames and strategy rather than technical ability. GG and MvC2 are very technical though.
So far its probably out of 3S, GG but I don't know. SF4 does look pretty cool but I'd have to buy a new system and I don't really want to spend that much money just for a game lol, also, most of those fighters have really weird people in their community as well so that kind of sucks :( I'll probably just quit console games all together and just start playing BFH or CS:S as competitively as possible. I'd also like to say Melee took way more technical skill/ mental strategy/mindgames compared to Brawl lol, it's just Melee's scene is practically dead because Brawl is a new game which is pretty sad. :urg:

I just wish some of you people would play CS:S or BFH cause you're all cool shiz :]

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Pick GG, C! :) GG is more technical than melee, has a pretty good sized scene (me, mosquito, SOS, pozerwolf, caveman and smiles play), has awesome music, pretty well balanced characters, and its inexpensive ^_^ And its got its own forum http://www.dustloop.com/forums/

Man, June is gonna be fun. Tourny every weekend ftw.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I used to play pro CAL-I CS, but I quit and moved to Halo 1. When Halo 2 came out I moved to Smash because they dumbed it down. I actually like Brawl a lot, but I don't see it as Melee's successor at all. I just see it as a unique fighting game with a huge community and many different strategies. That's one thing I really love about Smash and always will.

Sethlon: where would I go to learn how to play GG? I've got a bunch of friends who play, but is there any good material?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
See above link to dustloop :)
They have a pretty good sized guide section, and in depth character sections too. Youtube is also swarming with vids/combo vids.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If everyone is interested in other fighters just come to my tournament which is June 21st the weekend before this:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=155778

It will have 3rd Strike, Guilty Gear, Tekken, MvC2, CvS2, and SF Anniversary Collection. Side tourneys are also welcome as long as they bring at least one set up of their own and keep track of their matches.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
WTF, why are you guys bringing up other fighting games? lol.

Let's be real, Smash has the biggest scene for fighting games, but does not mean other games don't have a scene.

If you believe that 3S has no scene, you are defiantly looking in the wrong places.

Guilty Gear has a nice scene if you get the Houston people involved. They would normally bring out a good 6 or more extra players.

also, most of those fighters have really weird people in their community as well so that kind of sucks :(
That can be said about any community for any game, even non-fighting.
I'm not going back to the FPS scene, holy ****.

Oh yeah, and you can buy a used Slim PS2 for a good $50.
That's a nice deal.

And real talk, smash does have the strangest community when it comes to fighting games ;(

EDIT: Pozer, what's ITG?
In The Groove.
It's like a better version of DDR in every way, lol ;o

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ITG is soooo good.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Pick GG, C! :) GG is more technical than melee, has a pretty good sized scene (me, mosquito, SOS, pozerwolf, caveman and smiles play), has awesome music, pretty well balanced characters, and its inexpensive ^_^ And its got its own forum http://www.dustloop.com/forums/

Man, June is gonna be fun. Tourny every weekend ftw.
What is the tier list for GG and what is the latest version people play competitively?

EDIT: never mind found the tier list

LeeHarris said:
I used to play pro CAL-I CS, but I quit and moved to Halo 1. When Halo 2 came out I moved to Smash because they dumbed it down. I actually like Brawl a lot, but I don't see it as Melee's successor at all. I just see it as a unique fighting game with a huge community and many different strategies. That's one thing I really love about Smash and always will.
Why'd you quit CS man?! lol game is too good. Yeah I agree about Brawl and the community.

PozerWolf said:
Oh yeah, and you can buy a used Slim PS2 for a good $50.
That's a nice deal.
You sure? lol I checked Best Buy and EB Games yesterday and they were 120$ :[

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Try ebay or craig's list. Plus we are talking used. PS2's are pretty reliable as long as people take care of them. They're not Nintendo tough by any means, but they last as long as you don't mess them up.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Thats a price of a brand new one.

Oh yeah, and Slim PS2 is very strong.
Friend of mine drop his slim a few times, still works find with no problems. Plus there easy as hell to mod.

K1T3

Smash Lord
United States (West) screen name is nakofan64

I'll need to sign up again...I've been playing versus the computer just to get my game back up. What race do you play?
I'm primarily on US west. SN is K1TE. I already added you. I play Zerg. Which race do you play?

P.S. I like CvS2 more than 3rd strike, but I think 3S has a larger scene. GG is fun too.

nakofan64

Smash Apprentice
I'm primarily on US west. SN is K1TE. I already added you. I play Zerg. Which race do you play?

P.S. I like CvS2 more than 3rd strike, but I think 3S has a larger scene. GG is fun too.

I play Terran. I'll probably be on Battle.net more often until school starts again for me in July. But if the Spurs are playing, I probably won't be online.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
We had a big dallas tourney and Mr.3000 and the guy who got second came and i saw they had got 1st at the San Antonio tourney. I took 1st and my little bro got third. Hopefully I can get the best of Dallas to come to this one. Hylian you should HAVE came!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We had a big dallas tourney and Mr.3000 and the guy who got second came and i saw they had got 1st at the San Antonio tourney. I took 1st and my little bro got third. Hopefully I can get the best of Dallas to come to this one. Hylian you should HAVE came!!!
I was in Dallas Friday! I got 1st at that tournament over infinity >_>. I had to go back to austin for work though.

What was top 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom