• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash 3, a Brawl/Melee tournament, Apr 19th, San Antonio TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Well, I would be fine with 10 dollars, but where can I put an incentive for Wiis+brawl? We will need setups.
It's possible best to reduce the amount of money from the register fee on the venue itself, and not from the prize pot.

In other words, reduce about $2 or 3 off from the venue fee.
Venue Fee: $5 for all events
Assuming you only have to pay that once.

And leave the amount to enter a game alone.
Reducing the amount people will have to pay to enter a game may give some confusing on how much the winners will get in the end.
In other words, I would hate to see a reduction on the prize pot =/

Kal

Smash Champion
It's probably best if you raise the entree fee to $7 and then have a $2 incentive for bringing a Wii and TV.

Or have no incentive at all, and leave it at $5.

defsithe

Smash Ace
You tend to act like there was zero planning involved. It was me making sure people got safely to the tournament, were housed,
i(and other valley people) ended up sleeping in the very cold unforgiving parking lot then i got the flu cuz of it :( but whatever

i hope somebody goes from the valley to this i need a ride :looks at majora:

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
i(and other valley people) ended up sleeping in the very cold unforgiving parking lot then i got the flu cuz of it :( but whatever

i hope somebody goes from the valley to this i need a ride :looks at majora:
I told Tsetse to get in contact with Smiles. Smiles said he never heard anything from the Valley the entire time. I didn't hear anything about this until Day 2, which is not the time to bring it up since everyone at that tournament knew how to reach me. Plus there was nothing stopping you from getting a hotel. Saying you should have gotten a hotel is a little harsh, but I'm going to be honest, that was the information I was getting.

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
your all noobs. quit playing little kiddie games like b rawl and man up and play a REAL man's game li ke third stri ke or cod4.

and play it something like this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKYnutACZj4
sos...quit being bitter coz you can't win in b rawl....:chuckle:

3S is a great game...but old. i'd still play you though.
CoD4 is the GAME

but why don't you play me in SC3...i'm STILL waiting on playing you since you think that you're SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!

sos246

Smash Journeyman
sos...quit being bitter coz you can't win in b rawl....:chuckle:

3S is a great game...but old. i'd still play you though.
CoD4 is the GAME

but why don't you play me in SC3...i'm STILL waiting on playing you since you think that you're SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!
??? your delusional. ive already won a br awl tournament. and i still think the game engine is absolute 100% garbage. my terd could make a more balanced less flawed less beta version game and name it brawl and it would be better then the real thing.

also i accept your sc3 challenge come forth and get *****.

sos246

Smash Journeyman
no ****ing wonder my posts didnt make any sense ****in april fools day when u type in B rawl it comes out as br awl thats ****ed up. i thought there was something wrong with my pc lolz

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
sos....are you serious?

First of all: Chill out, i was just giving you **** for old t imes sake....how is it that doc, kite and others can take my jokes when i post and you don't? whatever man :(

Anywho: regarding SC3...when do you wanna handle this? @ FS3? I'm down with playing you. How do you want it FT10 for $20 FT5 for $10? don't matter to me. Just understand. Since i don't play the game anymore, you do have an advantage. Just also know that WHEN i beat you...it WILL be recorded....and i'll just take your line sir...

"GET ***** SON!!! GET *****!!!"

just a fair warning....sir :)

OMG ****ING MODS!!!!!! HAPPY ****ING APRIL FOOLS DAY TO YOU TOO!!!!!

Gamelot

Smash Rookie
It's possible best to reduce the amount of money from the register fee on the venue itself, and not from the prize pot.

In other words, reduce about $2 or 3 off from the venue fee.
Venue Fee: $5 for all events
Assuming you only have to pay that once.

The venue fee is set at $5.00 per player for the day. Tournament entry fees are subject to pricing by the T.O. (Kyle). Gamelot has no input on how much the tournament entry fee is or the size of the prize pot or how it is distributed.

:):):):):):)

defsithe

Smash Ace
I told Tsetse to get in contact with Smiles. Smiles said he never heard anything from the Valley the entire time. I didn't hear anything about this until Day 2, which is not the time to bring it up since everyone at that tournament knew how to reach me. Plus there was nothing stopping you from getting a hotel. Saying you should have gotten a hotel is a little harsh, but I'm going to be honest, that was the information I was getting.
lol i talked to smiles the day before he had no idea about it. i thought the guys from brownsville had set something up since they were the one actually going, not tsetse, i just hitched a ride. i think brownsville just thought they had housing without having to set up something if that makes sense. oh well dont really care anymore.

i need to talk majora into going. housing for us if we do lol?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
lol i talked to smiles the day before he had no idea about it. i thought the guys from brownsville had set something up since they were the one actually going, not tsetse, i just hitched a ride. i think brownsville just thought they had housing without having to set up something if that makes sense. oh well dont really care anymore.

i need to talk majora into going. housing for us if we do lol?
I can't provide housing, because I'm living at my parents again. I could ask Smiles directly today when I see him and he will PM you or something. His AIM is drmariojonathan. That's the best way to reach him.

I don't really know anyone else providing housing. Just start asking around I guess.

UPDATE: ALL EVENTS ARE NOW $10 ENTRY FEES. $5 VENUE FEE STILL APPLIES SEPARATELY.

Kal

Smash Champion
Thanks Kyle. Are you still renaming this tourney, changing the date, etc? If so, I've thought of a name:

No Metagame Necessary
NMN

There are variations of this, like No Metagame Required, NMR, or No Metagame Because This Game is Balls: NMBTGB

I'm thinking of others. Could you also update the first post (or the first post of the new thread you're planning on making) with a list of those who will enter the tournament?

Also, if I bring a TV and Cube, could we set it up in the back for Melee? I really just want to go there and play Melee. =/

Broly

Smash Lord
tsk..such nubz, ill win this if i go. yo mikey if u guys go, is there any chance you can take me n vash? would be too good.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
tsk..such nubz, ill win this if i go. yo mikey if u guys go, is there any chance you can take me n vash? would be too good.
Sorry, you don't stand a chance :).

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
The venue fee is set at $5.00 per player for the day. Tournament entry fees are subject to pricing by the T.O. (Kyle). Gamelot has no input on how much the tournament entry fee is or the size of the prize pot or how it is distributed.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... ok?

UPDATE: ALL EVENTS ARE NOW $10 ENTRY FEES. $5 VENUE FEE STILL APPLIES SEPARATELY.
Ah, ok cool.

But, you still gonna lower down the price for those who bring equipment?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... ok?

Ah, ok cool.

But, you still gonna lower down the price for those who bring equipment?
No, I can't bring the venue fee below 5 dollars. Not unless I raise the venue fee to 7, and that's too high. 17 dollars just for one tournament.

So no discounts for bringing equipment. But remember: more friendlies.

lolz I suck at 3rd Strike now. I can't even do MK to Super with Chun anymore. At least I can still play GG AC.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Smashfest at my house today.
Lots of random UTSA people are coming, anyone else that wants to come is invited. Please call first, 210-683-9392.
14750 Hillside Ridge, 78233

I'll MM anyone that comes as well =)

I should have 3 TVs set up with brawl. If anyone wants to bring another TV to hook up something else that's fine. I still have my cube with melee too.

nakofan64

Smash Apprentice
How often do y'all get together to play Brawl? I don't have a Wii and I've only sampled Brawl a bit. Does anyone meet up at Gamelot just for casual play?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
How often do y'all get together to play Brawl? I don't have a Wii and I've only sampled Brawl a bit. Does anyone meet up at Gamelot just for casual play?
No, but there is always people playing at UTSA in the UC usually from around 10 am to 5 or 6 pm. There's both Brawl and Melee.

nakofan64

Smash Apprentice
No, but there is always people playing at UTSA in the UC usually from around 10 am to 5 or 6 pm. There's both Brawl and Melee.
yeah, I played a bit there before my class on Thursday. Fine by me though. I'll probably head there before my class on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

I just need that extra $600 to come in from the government so I can finally buy a Wii.

Santi

Smash Lord
I'll make it for sure. I'm bringing Doj and possibly a couple others,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom