• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy IX Mafia | Game over! | Who won? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hope you don't go inactive on me Hilt, I'll push a policy lynch if you do.
Didn't see that.

My experience with him in past Legion of Doom and BBR games where he stayed in the background as scum. And other players seemed to be noted of that in those game.

Due to recent games I have had with people, I dislike lurkers more and more, I'm doing a Purple PL on him every game if he lurks like he did in recent games as scum. I'm doing this in every game now, if I see it too much, I'm lynching it.
Hahahaha.

Oh you've played with Hilt before? Huh, okay. Well the games I have seen him is is that he does stay in the background a bit more then others. (MK mafia and Mafia Road Trip where we actually played) Both games he was town. Meta's a funny game to play RR. =P
Yeah pretty much this. I'm not an extremely vocal person. Tend to wait for opportunities a bit more than I should, but it's just how I play. But we're, what, four days into the first phase? Too funny.

I do have to say, I also have a pretty large disdain for anyone who hydras. To me it just feels like an admission that both players feel like they aren't good enough to do one persons job. So vote: Aggressive Mediation, why did you feel you needed to hydra in this game.
I hate hydras almost as much as I hate the role "cop". But to go hydra hunting because you think they're... in need of that other person to do well? <__<

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Just a request from me regarding hydras. If you're not going to intermingle well with your partner throughout the course of the game with regards to personality and|or reads then I would prefer if you used different colors to represent each of your opinions if necessary. Also if one of you is planning to go V/LA and the other one is going to take over, then I would also prefer you either stick to the color scheme or to use your original account to type up posts.

Leopard Skin Taser

Smash Rookie
Most of my Mafia experience has been in the BRoom, although I have also played in EE's Spiderman Mafia, and replaced in for someone terrible in Megaman mafia. My performance in the first game is the reason that activity/prod rules came to SWF.

As for people I know in this game, I thought I knew Infernomni who was in Megaman mafia, but turns out it's a different Inferno. And I wanted to say I know Tom, but come to think of it I don't think we've ever been in a game together. So I don't think I've actually played with anyone in this game.

I do have to say, I also have a pretty large disdain for anyone who hydras. To me it just feels like an admission that both players feel like they aren't good enough to do one persons job. So vote: Aggressive Mediation, why did you feel you needed to hydra in this game.
This guy mad.

Vote: Ignatius

Apparently you're pretty good at this game Iggy. You obviously know how to play if you've played previous games here and have played a multitude of BRoom games, so I'm pretty confident that questioning dumb vs scum is not fair to you. So let's get to the vote. You're putting pressure on a hydra simply for the fact that it's a hydra. Now although I respect your opinion of hydras, that has zero indication of alignment, seeing that it's a personal problem of yours. What really catches me oddly is that you went for a hydra that quite literally came in here and made one post that had zero substance. So my questions, are why did you add the vote to that question, and why do I get the feeling that you're faking content?

Leopard Skin Taser

Smash Rookie
Just a request from me regarding hydras. If you're not going to intermingle well with your partner throughout the course of the game with regards to personality and|or reads then I would prefer if you used different colors to represent each of your opinions if necessary. Also if one of you is planning to go V/LA and the other one is going to take over, then I would also prefer you either stick to the color scheme or to use your original account to type up posts.
I forgot to get to this.

Acrostic, no matter how much you don't want to believe or accept it, I am Leopard Skin Taser. Just because either me or July are going to be posting doesn't mean you should take it one specific way or the other and it's silly for you to try and force us to distinguish who's doing what more than what we plan to... for you convenience.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
unvote

Still don't like Acrostic much. His arrogance aside, his need to (thoroughly) explain what could've easily been interpreted as an RVS vote really stands out to me because I remember being called out on doing the same thing in Dissidia as scum. It's not enough to go on off, but still enough for me to keep my eye on him.

However, I agree with him that Inferno and Tom are most likely not on a scumteam.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Acrostic, no matter how much you don't want to believe or accept it, I am Leopard Skin Taser. Just because either me or July are going to be posting doesn't mean you should take it one specific way or the other and it's silly for you to try and force us to distinguish who's doing what more than what we plan to... for you convenience.
Okay. If I see a discrepancy in your behavior and I call you out on it, I don't want to hear it's because of hydra shenanigans. Tbh playing as one hydra makes things easier for me. I really offered the two person choice though to establish accuracy. Up to you.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
"Check out my small game in the queue!"
---​

Voted | Voter(s) | Votes/Lynch
Acrostic | Panta | 1 / 8
J | Red Ryu | 1 / 8
Soup/Kuz | Sephiroth's Masamune | 1 / 8
Seikend | Acrostic | 1 / 8
Ignatius | Leopard Skin Taser | 1 / 8
Aggressive Mediation | Ignatius | 1 / 8

---
did I do it right?
Not Voting: J, Inferno, Tom, AggressiveMediation, Kuz/Soup, Hilt, Seikend, JTB;
Takes 8/14 to lynch

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I would like to hear your reasoning behind that.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@ Ignatius: Out of curiosity, how many times can we expect you to post per day? Also reasons for voting AggressiveMeditation over Leopard Skin Taser?

@ Hilt: How did J know that you were V/LA?

@ Red Ryu: Hi!!

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
When I set up relationships, please don't take it as the gospel truth. At times I like to note things at the top of my head and these are just one of those things. Scum teams and reads could change easily in my mind depending on how such relationships develop.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Or I could say you are faking content.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
When I AM serious about committing to a final read I will designate it with an asterisk (*)

jsyk

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Vote: Acrostic

Bull****.

All you have done is post alot of fluff and fake content. You felt a need to point out RR and J were probably not on the same scum team and I want to know what prompted that.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I thought RR | J weren't on the same scum team given their dialogue early game regarding Hilt on meta. Red Ryu seemed to ask J an earnest question regarding my initial division between Tom | inferno, they touched on Hilt, and they discussed meta. These are three different discussion topics that I suppose scum could discuss with each other. However it didn't seem like forced dialogue between them. It is possible that they aren't really using outside communication at the moment, for example QT or aim|msn. However their interaction seems genuine.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
As far what is prompting me to say things... well people aren't really saying anything at the moment so I guess I feel like stating my reads on what is going on thus far. The impetus behind the RR | J relationship is the same behind the Tom | inferno relationship. If I see an association that I think is valid, then I'm going to call it. The same rationale works behind your persistent fos on me which I am ignoring since I find it baseless and originating from a misunderstanding that you can't let go. If you think that I am posting fluff and fake content, then why do you agree with my statement regarding Tom | inferno? You're stating that I'm typing nothing of value, but to be honest no one has really put anything on the table, especially you. Honestly you're clear and all, but jesus christ it's getting ****ing annoying having you riding up my ***.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The main rationale behind you fossing me is that you did something similar as scum in another game. You're literally trying to meta me off a game that I wasn't in as the sole basis for this fos. As I stated before you can go ahead and interpret my behavior how you want, but your reason sucks ***.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
As far what is prompting me to say things... well people aren't really saying anything at the moment so I guess I feel like stating my reads on what is going on thus far. The impetus behind the RR | J relationship is the same behind the Tom | inferno relationship. If I see an association that I think is valid, then I'm going to call it.
I have no problem with you calling out stuff. But if you are going to say stuff without anything to back it up, don't throw a hissy fit if someone calls you on it.

The same rationale works behind your persistent fos on me which I am ignoring since I find it baseless and originating from a misunderstanding that you can't let go. If you think that I am posting fluff and fake content, then why do you agree with my statement regarding Tom | inferno?
My bad, you made one good post. But it's not really much at all.
You're stating that I'm typing nothing of value, but to be honest no one has really put anything on the table, especially you. Honestly you're clear and all, but jesus christ it's getting ****ing annoying having you riding up my ***.
You also have the most posts of the thread. What have you done to move the day forward in all those posts? Ask hydras to color code their opinions? Ask Ignatius how many times he's going to post a day? It's fluff.

The main rationale behind you fossing me is that you did something similar as scum in another game. You're literally trying to meta me off a game that I wasn't in as the sole basis for this fos. As I stated before you can go ahead and interpret my behavior how you want, but your reason sucks ***.
Even though my present vote doesn't have to do with it, I'll be happy to prove you wrong anyways. My initial reasoning doesn't stem from the fact that I did it in a game as newbie scum, it's the fact that town recognized it as a newbie scum tell and called me out on it. I'm not dumb enough to self-meta as a basis for an argument, but you seem to think otherwise.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't really get the Acrostic pressure, JTB. However I dislike his 97/98 because they seem a tad bit over-defensive. Plus his reasoning for J/RR not working as a scum team isn't necessarily valid and gets thrown out the window due to WIFOM.

Alright I'm out now till monday, peace.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Setting up relationships should be handled similarly to calling someone out as scum, defending a player as town, or placing a vote on someone. If you give a solid, blunt statement, attach a reason for making your statement. Whether or not it could change in the future, or you perhaps decide you were wrong in thinking what you thought in the past, making a statement as blunt and direct as you did and attempting to dodge having to give a reason like you did in posts #92/94 is shady.

Leopard Skin Taser

Smash Rookie
Thoughts:

Seikend's #31 is the first post that stood out to me content-wise. I like his response to getting called out for lurking, and from there he generates questions that provoke conversation and continue to bridge the gap between the RVS feel of early game and actual content.

People who haven't posted, pick one of Acrostic/Seikend and tell me what you think about them? Do you agree with what they both said w.r.t. Tom?
Acrostic's posts are hard to read but they are reasonable. I remember thinking the same thing when I watched Newb 10 so he's null for me right now, I really didn't glean anything from his innocent child mix-up. The only thing about Acrostic I haven't liked so far is the last line of his #97, it just seems so out of character with the rest of his posts and even the very rational tone at the beginning of the post.

@RR: Thoughts on Acrostic's theorizing about relationships? Also do you think #97 expressed actual frustration, or AtE?

I don't agree with the comments on Tom's play looking artificial, he just seems blunt and I don't see that as a problem.

Yeah pretty much this. I'm not an extremely vocal person. Tend to wait for opportunities a bit more than I should, but it's just how I play. But we're, what, four days into the first phase? Too funny.
Good to know, my play style is similar so I will read you with this in mind.

@Hilt: What are your thoughts on J so far?

Other than that, not much to comment on so far. I like our vote right now.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Seikend, tell me what you think of Seph atm? Do you agree with RR's explanation of me?
A big null.

#34 is fine by me, but lack of content is a bit bleh. Will prompt Seph later on.

My vote told me that it likes Seikend and wants to see more of him in this thread.
<3.

Acrostic Town

@Seph Read on Red Ryu and Hilt? Out of the people who have posted a fair share, are there any you'd not be willing to call town? Why?

@JTB I agree with J actually, Acrostic pressure isn't really warranted. He's not so much faking content, but trying to squeeze out any content he can out of what little there is available. To me he looks like town trying to scumhunt.

Comfortable with J, LST, Panta, Acrostic and Inferno as town. Everyone else is null.

Panta

Smash Cadet
What does Salty mean?

Inferno, it is still for all intents and purposes, RVS. You can give even less reasoning then what you just gave as a reason to vote someone.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I have no problem with you calling out stuff. But if you are going to say stuff without anything to back it up, don't throw a hissy fit if someone calls you on it. You also have the most posts of the thread. What have you done to move the day forward in all those posts? Ask hydras to color code their opinions? Ask Ignatius how many times he's going to post a day? It's fluff.
I hope you realize that we have to start somewhere. I will admit that I'm not the best at starting conversations when there are not that many people present, however in order to start any game there is going to have to be initial statements that attract attention before there is enough material present to begin breakdown and analysis. I threw a hissy fit because I was frustrated at you tunneling on me on reasons I found insubstantial. I initially was intended to ignore you as there is little point for me to answer your questions because you are town. I know that there are reasons for you to question me, however you are not so much trying to analyze|assess me as you are coming at me with a bat and beating me every miniscule statement I make. If you're going to continue criticize everything, then I feel safer with your vote staying on me rather than having it come unknowingly at some irrational impulse from me posting a new comment.

I wanted to ask Ingnatius about how many times he would post because he gave forewarning that he was not going to post often and I wanted to know how I could prioritize questioning him in the future. For example if he's going to come once every forty-eight hours, then I might group together multiple questions for him to answer at once so I can get the most from him with each visit. I was requesting color-coding so I could better read each hydra. These posts weren't really intended to point forward to x being scum. I think Leopard Skin Taser is perhaps a better example of that even though Ignatius will probably not give him a response frequently due to his absence. In that case it would make one wonder why Leopard Skin Taser chose to question someone who would not be readily available to answer his questions.

JTB said:
Even though my present vote doesn't have to do with it, I'll be happy to prove you wrong anyways. My initial reasoning doesn't stem from the fact that I did it in a game as newbie scum, it's the fact that town recognized it as a newbie scum tell and called me out on it. I'm not dumb enough to self-meta as a basis for an argument, but you seem to think otherwise.
Scum tells are conditional. Attempting to push them as universal is blatantly wrong.

A Beginner's Guide to Being Awesome At Mafia said:
It doesn't work like that. Towns actually lose more often than not, in spite of the compounded experiences of so many others. What happened to those tells? Some tells simply didn't work to begin with - their creator thought that scum were more likely to do some action when in fact people do it all the time regardless of their alignment. Some tells are misapplied - either the wrong person gets scrutinized for committing some misdeed, or the tell is taken out of context. The rest of the tells have become public knowledge, and scum actively avoid committing those tells out of fear of being caught.
JTB said:
Still don't like Acrostic much. His arrogance aside, his need to (thoroughly) ]explain what could've easily been interpreted as an RVS vote really stands out to me because I remember being called out on doing the same thing in Dissidia as scum. It's not enough to go on off, but still enough for me to keep my eye on him.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Setting up relationships should be handled similarly to calling someone out as scum, defending a player as town, or placing a vote on someone. If you give a solid, blunt statement, attach a reason for making your statement. Whether or not it could change in the future, or you perhaps decide you were wrong in thinking what you thought in the past, making a statement as blunt and direct as you did and attempting to dodge having to give a reason like you did in posts #92/94 is shady.
I was blatantly ignoring JTB. I wasn't in a good mood and I didn't want to deal with him. I'll keep your advice in mind. But also don't discredit my own play-style. I have yet to see how successful it is.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The only thing I have against acrostic is that he is being very defensive and not posting enough info. Not really sure if that's enough to put a vote on. :phone:
As a player, how conscientious are you regarding your arguments being logical|having holes in them? Are you usually more laidback|carefree as town or scum? Have you played as scum before and if so how would your scum game differ from your town game?

Panta said:
What does Salty mean? Inferno, it is still for all intents and purposes, RVS. You can give even less reasoning then what you just gave as a reason to vote someone.
If you're going to sheep someone for reads, then who would it be in this game? Are you willing to clash with people in this game or do you feel that you will follow the decisions of popular|vocal players who you think are town?

Seikend said:
Comfortable with J, LST, Panta, Acrostic and Inferno as town. Everyone else is null.
Anyone you feel is null-scum or scum. Where would you put Tom?

Panta

Smash Cadet
As a player, how conscientious are you regarding your arguments being logical|having holes in them? Are you usually more laidback|carefree as town or scum? Have you played as scum before and if so how would your scum game differ from your town game?

If you're going to sheep someone for reads, then who would it be in this game? Are you willing to clash with people in this game or do you feel that you will follow the decisions of popular|vocal players who you think are town?

Anyone you feel is null-scum or scum. Where would you put Tom?
I am not going to sheep someone for reads. That is probably the dumbest question you could have asked wannabe-Kuz, I mean Acrostic.

I am willing to clash against someone if I feel that they are wrong, yes. If someone presents a good case against a potential Mafia member then yes I am probably going to follow that lead.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
@panta-salty is kinda like a "u mad?"

Honestly it was just a point I was making. I wasn't making an accusation and I understand your defensiveness because you were targeted for not knowing something. This is my first online mafia game alongside upick pokemon.

:phone:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
"What kind of color is plum, anyways?"
---​

Voted | Voter(s) | Votes/Lynch
Acrostic | Panta, JTB | 2 / 8
J | Red Ryu | 1 / 8
Soup/Kuz | Sephiroth's Masamune | 1 / 8
Seikend | Acrostic | 1 / 8
Ignatius | Leopard Skin Taser | 1 / 8
Aggressive Mediation | Ignatius | 1 / 8

---
Not Voting: J, Inferno, Tom, AggressiveMediation, Kuz/Soup, Hilt, Seikend;
Takes 8/14 to lynch

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Honestly it was just a point I was making. I wasn't making an accusation and I understand your defensiveness because you were targeted for not knowing something. This is my first online mafia game alongside upick pokemon. :phone:
No, no. The question wasn't really regarding that, but being a new player does give me some information. Let me rephrase, do you prefer playing as scum or town? And why.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@RR: Thoughts on Acrostic's theorizing about relationships? Also do you think #97 expressed actual frustration, or AtE?
I don't get how he is clearing us based on it and it's not necessarily guaranteed we're both not scum or even not a scum team at the very least. While it may suggest it it's not enough or definite proof of anything.

AtE is what his 97 is imo.

I was blatantly ignoring JTB. I wasn't in a good mood and I didn't want to deal with him. I'll keep your advice in mind. But also don't discredit my own play-style. I have yet to see how successful it is.
This post doesn't sit right with me. Feels like more AtE but in a more excuse grabbing way.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@:Mod can we have the deadline in every vote post?

@Acrostic: You seem to be annoyed with JTB, do you think you need to ignore him based on playstyle?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
BACK FROM V/LA

Kuz, no hydra made yet mang?

i am dissapoint, son.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I've been about V/LA for 3 days now and there is only about 20 posts as of this post till then?

What in the world is this?

@Mod: Request mass-prod.

I am still V/LA till tomorrow but I am gonna try and do something in this game in just a few seconds. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom