• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy IX Mafia | Game over! | Who won? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Are you saying... you can prevent someone from applying pressure and scumhunting by taking away their vote, if you think they're scum, or voting wrongly?

First of all, no the **** you can't.

Second of all, that's the stupidest thing you've ever said.
Never said I could stop scum hunting, I can make a wagon harder with it if I have more trust in one lynch over another.

Don't put words in my mouth.

:phone:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
[a] RR how familiar are you with this game's flavor?
Is your character bio somehow tied into your ability?

Please respond as quickly as possible.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This is my favorite final fantasy game and one I've played quite a few times, Zidiane in his dissidia look is on my profile.

Vivi as a vote blocker makes no sense. Spoilers, Vivi is a prototype mist made black mage whom was made to be a weapon before he was found by someone, forgot the master's name, he never had a restrictive ability, The white mages, specifically Garnet knew silence, blind and stuff like that. Vivi was a simple black mage would could sometimes combo with Stiener for mage sword attacks.

Well anyways the game focuses on his reason to live and exist since he was a man or rather Kuja made black mage.

Vote blocker makes no sense what so ever to me from a flavor standpoint outside of him being a mage, which still doesn't fit when you consider the other mages in the game.

My Bio says nothing as to flavor outside of being who I am.

:phone:

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Seikend... doesn't have many posts. THen again, I can't saying anything. :p

He comes in after getting prodded and provides... what everyone has already said.

I like his vote on Hilt because that is basically what I thought when I saw Hilt's vote on myself. However, it looks like he is trying to cozy up to me with his questioning of Hilt.

Hilt gave a pretty good reason as to why his vote was on me, in order to learn my playstyle. He said he probably wouldn't pursue my lynch because he wanted to pressure me in order to learn how I play. Seikend seems to totally ignore that fact, or he didn't see it.
... Really? I read Hilt's reasoning, and I understood and stopped pushing. Quote where I continue to push that he had a bad reason for voting you.

I don't like his reason for his reads on Dad. In the beginning he said, oh cool, I'm not gonna have a hard time reading Soup/Kuz because I have played with you guys before, and he uses that excuse again when J asked him about his read on Dad with regards to LST. All he states is that, their votes were weird, but I inclined to agree with Dad because we usually have the same reads in the end. What is that?
Okay. Not much I can say here, but it's my way of reading Dad.

Seikend's justification for his reads on me, J, LST, and AM seem like a cop out too. They are all one liners that barely contribute and I think they don't meet the expectations of the people who asked the question.
Why were my justifications lacking? What else did they need?

I don't know why he would feel more confident with AM's reads when he called AM out saying that his entrance into this game was terabad. It just doesn't make sense. And by the way, when I think of AM... I can't think of anything. His posts are really annoying for me to read. >_>
What. "I don't know why he would feel more confident with AM's reads " Where did I say this? Quote the post for me.

365 is a nice little way of changing RR's wording, Seikend. First of all, you came in after J had established his reads and then you both got close saying you guys had such similar reads. You also talk about that in your own post. Did you forget about that?
Wait what. Restate this please, I don't understand what you're saying.

Meh. I don't feel like it is SvS and like you all said they are both scummy. I can't put my finger on who is more scummy, though. :\

Since the deadline is so close, though, I am going with a Seikend vote.
Why does the deadline being close mean I'm a better vote than RR?

Do you have anything to ask me or RR?

@Red Ryu: Why you no respond? At least acknowledge my questions' existence.

What's your read on me currently?
Does every active player look town to you?

Answer these and any questions I asked you before, thanks.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
@LST

Where you at?

@Seikend. With your #31 in mind, could you go back to before that and see if you get anything now that it is later in the game?
I honestly don't get your first question. Can you rephrase it.

Why is "Acrostic Town" blacked out on #105?
The Acrostic Town spoiler was a joke. Acrostic says his vote likes me and wants more of me in the thread, and I responded with a <3 and jokingly saying he's town, because of the compliment.

You never really did explain why you disliked Hilt's vote on Panta. Why? If I missed it, please, point it out to me.
I explain it in my #128. I thought that a vote on Panta when there was a bunch of other inactives was weird.

Why do most of your posts contain questions and nothing really else?
You get information out of questions. Asking the right questions wins the game. As to why there's not much else, I don't feel the need to. I'll explain my scumreads if I need to, but I don't feel a desire to justify and explain every single action I do.

I'm the opposite of Acrostic basically.

With some thought you should see why I'm asking the questions I am and understand my thought process.

Reasons for voting RR in #250?
In my #228 I continue to question Hilt, but express my concern with RedRyu and AM. In my #250 I liked Hilt's response and felt I was pushing a bad point. Hilt moved to a town read and I then went to vote and question my next scumread, RedRyu.

Will continue later, grandparents are over for tea.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
[a] RR how familiar are you with this game's flavor?
Is your character bio somehow tied into your ability?

Please respond as quickly as possible.

What could you possibly hope to gain from this? Flavour speculation is horrendous. (Unless you are Nabe where you are just THAT good at it, but he's special.)

Hilt, you do realize we have over 48 hours correct? =P Not 24. However, I don't necessarily agree with keeping him at L-2 for as long as we can. JTB can vote him (alluded that he was leaning there) and then someone can hammer.

Seik/Hilt, updates on your opinions on Sang and Acro?

RR, give us a final case/post of reads please if you are town.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
What could you possibly hope to gain from this? Flavour speculation is horrendous. (Unless you are Nabe where you are just THAT good at it, but he's special.)
I'm speculating on a number of things that remain unseen. Finding out their inner purpose without being too obscene. My gain runs a risk that could net in a loss. Sometimes I prefer to ponder in silence J boss.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It may just be that I woke up but that last post confused the hell out of me.

Acro, opinion on Sang, Hilt, Daddy?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
RR, when can you block someone from voting? Can you do it during the day?

I don't know why you would make seem even less legitimate by adding in flavor speculation, it feels like wifom.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Seik wagon, would you move to RR? Would you to stop a NL?

LST, being realistic, do you think Sang's going to get lynched toDay?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@RR. Your claim doesn't clear you in my eyes, but it doesn't incriminate you either. As someone else has said, I would like to see more from you before deadline that isn't related to your role or to inactives. Could you tell me your reads and why on the people that are active in this game?

I was saying that people should explain why they think two people are of different alignments and not avoid having to give their reasoning. The WIFOM was included to cover possible rebuttals that came to mind, because I hate responding to questions or statements that I predict before I say/post what I want to say/post. Just a compulsion.
Alrighty. Thanks. I can understand.

I honestly don't get your first question. Can you rephrase it.
Exactly what I said. In that post you said you couldn't get anything from the people that had already posted. I just want you to go back and see if you see anything now that you didn't see then.

You get information out of questions. Asking the right questions wins the game. As to why there's not much else, I don't feel the need to. I'll explain my scumreads if I need to, but I don't feel a desire to justify and explain every single action I do.

I'm the opposite of Acrostic basically.

With some thought you should see why I'm asking the questions I am and understand my thought process.
Alrighty. I'll try and keep that in my mind when I re-read later on.

As per my other questions, thank you for answering them.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
You zetta sons of digits are fast! I'm impressed!
Even though this factor offers no good solutions, I still feel still feel it suffers from benign confusion. And despite this rather impasse conclusion, I feel that his lynch will clear up some pollution.

J said:
Acro, opinion on Sang, Hilt, Daddy?
Different, Weird, Lazy. You sure do ask a lot of questions that tend to go nowhere.

JTB said:
I don't know why you would make seem even less legitimate by adding in flavor speculation, it feels like wifom.
Wifom = circular reasoning. Flavor speculation = question. Question =/= Reasoning.

Flavor was a means to an end, not an end in and of itself.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm referring to his intent behind using flavor speculation. Is he a sincere town that is actually confused by his role? Or is he caught scum trying to use AtE?

I'm sure you read Soups PGO claim in Gurren Lagann, the situation is similar to that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Different, Weird, Lazy. You sure do ask a lot of questions that tend to go nowhere.
What are you talking about? Also this question in particular seems to go nowhere because you don't explain anything.

How is "Different, Weird, Lazy." show any indication on what you believe their alignment to be? Is being different scummy? What about being weird or lazy? You basically just threw adjectives at me thinking that'd be a good enough answer when they are far from it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Regardless of RR's flip, I want to look into Acro/Sang more. (Acro especially moreso on a RRscum flip, Sang a little more on a RRtown flip. *figured out what I didn't like about her*) Possibly LST depending on his Sang case and same goes for AM when I see more from them. I'm comfortable with JTB(duh), Hilt, and Seik atm. I don't know what to think of Panta. Tom/Seph both need to be hit up with something or a replacement. Tanny we have a literal nothing from that slot so a lot of eyes are gonna be on her. Daddy's odd but I like em and want to keep them around to see more from them.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@Acro. What's so different about me?

@J. Alright. Mind sharing with your peeps what you figured out? I, personally, would like to know. Especially what you would gain from looking at me with a RRtown flip. Same goes for the Acro on RRscum flip. What would you gain?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@AM. I finally got some questions here for ya. Would you mind explaining your string of posts starting at #193? You state a lot of things but don't really give that much information as to why you think what you do. It goes until around 201, so that's a lot of posts to have barely anything in them. Also, explain your #212 (IE why you feel like the way you do wrt the players). In your #284, you say RR's "...iterations are not trending positive" and yet, earlier, in your reads posts, you put him as null, iirc. Finally, explain your #285.

I guess I was blinded by the way your posts were formatted, but, after reading through your posts again, I'm definitley putting you back on null. Possibly leaning scum, especially since when people ask you for reasons on doing something, you don't really explain. Instead, you hide in fancy words. The only post I like of yours is #215.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Ah. I meant to post this earlier, then I will stop for a bit because I feel like I'm crowding up the place with too many posts.

Just because RR has the power to stop a vote doesn't mean he has the power to stop people from scum-hunting. IIRC, a person can tell you that such and such a person is scum and it's almost exactly the same as voting for them, if not it's at least an FoS. They can still ask questions and get answers and pressure people into answering them correctly. They can still give their view on things and help the town lead the lynch for a mafia member.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@J. Alright. Mind sharing with your peeps what you figured out? I, personally, would like to know. Especially what you would gain from looking at me with a RRtown flip. Same goes for the Acro on RRscum flip. What would you gain?
Would if I could but can't. I am about to head out for premiere night of my theatre show (Which you need to go to, js!) and can't do much of anything. I'll try and write a summary in a sec as to why but I posted that post because I may not be back only to comment on a few things because I have back to back to back performances all weekend so i am gonna be very limited.

Ah. I meant to post this earlier, then I will stop for a bit because I feel like I'm crowding up the place with too many posts.

Just because RR has the power to stop a vote doesn't mean he has the power to stop people from scum-hunting. IIRC, a person can tell you that such and such a person is scum and it's almost exactly the same as voting for them, if not it's at least an FoS. They can still ask questions and get answers and pressure people into answering them correctly. They can still give their view on things and help the town lead the lynch for a mafia member.
This is kind of a given Sang. ;P

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

RR-Acro connection.

Looking at the pushes they have made on each other they are very week. I can't drag up posts but if I could I would bring up how RR let his vote just sit on Acro and didn't really push that scum-read until it came time to defend himself where most of it was just a push onto Acro. A weak push at that. Then we look at Acro who's RRscum vote came out of nowhere and didn't really have much reasoning at all to it even when asked to explain it. Later on we see RR voting for Seik and getting off his strongest scum-read (being Acro) for very weak reasoning and seemed to just hop on to gain speed to the adjoining wagon. Yet he still hasn't mentioned what happened to his Acro read.

Basically what I am seeing is weak distancing attempts between the two and a disconnection that seems to imply that they planned to have a little tiff in the thread but it really never went anywhere. When it seemed like the opportune time to get on, Acro hopped on RR for a bus. (that's how I'm seeing it w.r.t. Acro-RR scumteam) Regardless of flip, Acro's RR vote is ugly. However even if RR does not flip scum, I still have disdain for Acro simply because as the game continues, his posts are sliding down into a very bad light.

I do suggest others take a look at the connection between these two in light of a scum-flip. I'll get to why I am starting to see RRtown-SangScum when I have the ability to bring up quotes but I believe this to be the more likely thing (RR-Acro) because I have a strong feeling RR is going to flip scum.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Just get back to it when you can. I would love to go but I don't know where it is. Text me a location and times and I'll see about going.

And, I know it's a given, but people keep saying how Ryu stopping a vote is stopping people from scumhunting and that isn't the case. It's getting on my nerves.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lawlz ninja's but yeah I'll text you the time/places (there are 7 showings so you should be fine haha).

I may have just enough time to quickly type up the other thing you need before our friend (D=Xigbar=Weskerlover) gets here.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'm referring to his intent behind using flavor speculation. Is he a sincere town that is actually confused by his role? Or is he caught scum trying to use AtE?
I'm treating the actual surface response as null. I like the fact that he stated his ability is not tied into his role and didn't try to force it in otherwise. I also don't see any appeals to emotion. He's just explaining to me that flavor has nothing to do with his ability.

What are you talking about? Also this question in particular seems to go nowhere because you don't explain anything. How is "Different, Weird, Lazy." show any indication on what you believe their alignment to be? Is being different scummy? What about being weird or lazy? You basically just threw adjectives at me thinking that'd be a good enough answer when they are far from it.
I have been developing a degree of pessimism over the importance of these questions and how important they are to you in actually forming reads. Relatively early in this game you developed a fos on Red Ryu|Panta which you've still maintained despite extensive Q&A. I have begun to question how much these questions actually do affect your fos because your scum reads seem to not be tied in with your questions, only possible town reads.

I will admit though that my answer was unwarranted and I understand that you are asking me about how I feel about others in the same vote wagon: Hilt, Dad, and Sangfroid. Correspondingly my reads on them are null-town and null for the last two:

Hilt is null town. I generally like his comments, but I dislike his voting as they seem to complacent to settle on the most popular target of the day: Panta|RR. If I missed any crazy Hilt voting shenanigans, then feel free to hit me up Hilt. But your votes don't really reflect to me the amount of thinking you are doing in some of your posts.

Sangfroid initially seemed a bit different in comparison to our last game, but she seemed to resemble regular town play after initial unease (unease inside me). Dad is null, he hasn't really explained reads and I removed him from scum when he clarified the aforementioned situation yesterday.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Looking at the pushes they have made on each other they are very week. I can't drag up posts but if I could I would bring up how RR let his vote just sit on Acro and didn't really push that scum-read until it came time to defend himself where most of it was just a push onto Acro. A weak push at that.
Acknowledged that there wasn't a push. Didn't know why he switched. Didn't get a response to my rebuttal of his points. I can't explain why RR isn't defending himself but his lack of effort in doing so is a major impetus behind this lynch.

J said:
Then we look at Acro who's RRscum vote came out of nowhere and didn't really have much reasoning at all to it even when asked to explain it.
I never received a response to this, so I assumed you were okay with it:

Acrostic said:
I don't feel fantastic about RR either. But I think an RR lynch today is better than having a possible NL. I also think that pushing the lynch early is a better choice than scrambling at the last minute in case something happens. In other words, I don't feel strongly about RR being scum, but at the same time I don't feel like he's bled town with recent material or persuaded me on why I shouldn't vote him. All I see is him deciding to center his vote from me to Seikend.
J said:
Later on we see RR voting for Seik and getting off his strongest scum-read (being Acro) for very weak reasoning and seemed to just hop on to gain speed to the adjoining wagon. Yet he still hasn't mentioned what happened to his Acro read.
More RR. Fantastic.

J said:
Basically what I am seeing is weak distancing attempts between the two and a disconnection that seems to imply that they planned to have a little tiff in the thread but it really never went anywhere.
RR could have also realized that I'm not scum or that I'm not getting lynched. But then again I don't know because he hasn't gotten back to any of my responses.

J said:
When it seemed like the opportune time to get on, Acro hopped on RR for a bus. (that's how I'm seeing it w.r.t. Acro-RR scumteam) Regardless of flip, Acro's RR vote is ugly. However even if RR does not flip scum, I still have disdain for Acro simply because as the game continues, his posts are sliding down into a very bad light.
Is "very bad light" a replacement adjective for "scummy." Because if it is, I'd prefer you pointing out what is scummy about them rather than using a vague catch-word that you can reference later on in order to get me lynched. Because I literally haven't had a conversation where you tried to seriously tackle anything I've posted except when we had the initial JTB conversation. My vote is on someone I have as null so of course it is going to be ugly. I'm not going to pretend that RR is my #1 ultimate scum pick after 101 questions, because he is not. He seems to not have the time|effort to play well this game and it is hard to discern his alignment from this type of play, therefore he is getting lynched. Even though I have a feeling that RR could flip town, I would prefer him to be mislynched as early as possible so that scum can't use him as a scapegoat later on.

J said:
I do suggest others take a look at the connection between these two in light of a scum-flip. I'll get to why I am starting to see RRtown-SangScum when I have the ability to bring up quotes but I believe this to be the more likely thing (RR-Acro) because I have a strong feeling RR is going to flip scum.
I believe that RR is going to flip town more so than scum and even in this case I am okay with his lynch as I find his play-style to be anti-town and a mafia push for a mislynch later on.

Dad

Soupamario|th3kuzinator
Just thought i'd add this J, but i approve of the klavier .gifs

unvote

Vote: Seikend

quite the shocking turn of events here, isn't it?

i'm starting to think things different wrt to seikend's latest post, and i might need to look at Hilt also his abrasive "no don't care just die" attitude is bothering.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Would appreciate some elaboration. Some explanations. A little arguments. You know. So I know why you are doing what you are doing when you do them.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
will be formulated eventually, gotta talk to my other head, we both had seikend as town but i just flipped on him as different read, would like insight before i call it official.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Roger. My gut says Seikend is null-town which is why I'm sitting on RR, I'll do another re-read tonight.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Voted | Voter(s) | Votes/Lynch
Acrostic | JTB | 1 / 8
Seikend | Aggressive Mediation, Panta, Dad | 3 / 8
Red Ryu | J, Seikend, SangfroidWarrior, Acrostic, Hilt | 5 / 8
SangfroidWarrior | Leopard Skin Taser | 1 / 8
Sephiroths Masamune | Red Ryu | 1 / 8

---​

Not Voting: Tandora, Tom, Sephiroths Masamune
Takes 8/14 to lynch

ATTENTION ALL YOCTOGRAMS. Your courage to attempt my perfect math class is impressive but you won't get by with these binomials.

AM, I cannot understand like anything you are getting at in your posts. Like anything at all. Can you at least translate some of them so I can understand what you are talking about? If so, yay. If not, then I'll ignore ya till I understand you. Good? Glad we came to an agreement.

Do the math, you zetta sons of digits. Do I need to write out all the formulas too?

Um... Yes...? That's kind of what we've been asking you to do...

I'm afraid I can't simplify my math for you or else you'll reach the wrong conclusions; however, I get your struggles with basic level formulas. With a teacher like the professor leading you astray, it's a wonder even LST can understand our formulas. What would you 000s like to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom