• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy IX Mafia | Game over! | Who won? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha it's all aight and cool JTB.

I'm just saying atm, it's kind of a dead-game and it's not just one person's fault.

Panta

Smash Cadet
Seikend... doesn't have many posts. THen again, I can't saying anything. :p

He comes in after getting prodded and provides... what everyone has already said.

I like his vote on Hilt because that is basically what I thought when I saw Hilt's vote on myself. However, it looks like he is trying to cozy up to me with his questioning of Hilt.

Hilt gave a pretty good reason as to why his vote was on me, in order to learn my playstyle. He said he probably wouldn't pursue my lynch because he wanted to pressure me in order to learn how I play. Seikend seems to totally ignore that fact, or he didn't see it.

I don't like his reason for his reads on Dad. In the beginning he said, oh cool, I'm not gonna have a hard time reading Soup/Kuz because I have played with you guys before, and he uses that excuse again when J asked him about his read on Dad with regards to LST. All he states is that, their votes were weird, but I inclined to agree with Dad because we usually have the same reads in the end. What is that?

Seikend's justification for his reads on me, J, LST, and AM seem like a cop out too. They are all one liners that barely contribute and I think they don't meet the expectations of the people who asked the question.

I don't know why he would feel more confident with AM's reads when he called AM out saying that his entrance into this game was terabad. It just doesn't make sense. And by the way, when I think of AM... I can't think of anything. His posts are really annoying for me to read. >_>

365 is a nice little way of changing RR's wording, Seikend. First of all, you came in after J had established his reads and then you both got close saying you guys had such similar reads. You also talk about that in your own post. Did you forget about that?

Meh. I don't feel like it is SvS and like you all said they are both scummy. I can't put my finger on who is more scummy, though. :\

Since the deadline is so close, though, I am going with a Seikend vote.

Unvote
Vote: Seikend

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Even with Panda's vote on Seik, the votes have literally moved nowhere today since LST unvoted Seik. We have one at L-3 and one at L-4.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I feel as though my claim is needed since people are inactive as all hell and I've done nothing to help people feel about myself.

Is it ok if I do?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
In my opinion, I'd like a claim. I don't know how others feel about it.

If you claim cop, I'm gonna bust a gut jsyk.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That claim doesn't really do much for me because I have seen it as both town (my own game haha) and anti-town. Though I may be thinking of VM due to tiredness, but regardless pretty much the same.

*siiiiiigh* I need sleep but atm, I still say go for the RR lynch.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Grah, you only claimed when said by one person(being myself) and I even said you should possibly wait till others could comment to see if you should claim because the Seik wagon was just as popular as yours so it seemed more like an attempt to save yourself from the lynch. Even in your 444 you sound defeatist and seem to be banking on your claim.

Grrr...okay sleep. No more posts.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
J, who is bad at voting in this game?
Dude, no. Get off the cpu, stop posting, and go have some drunken fun somewhere else. If you continue posting in a drunken slur, it is only going to be anti-town.

I don't even get your question lol.
Answer mu question it has a purpose.
I need you to re-word this because it looks like you are asking me "who is bad at controlling their vote while playing this game." which i don't even.

No you aren't and don't lie to me. :(
Ok fair enough.

Who is not trustworthy with their vote?
This is a weird question...you are basically asking me who I feel isn't good enough to handle their vote or who is the easiest to manipulate.

Uhm I'd guess Panta, Seph, and Yourself. LST, Soupa, JTB are up in the air simply because it is dependant on games. The rest of the player list imo I think would be a bit more stable with their votes.

Scummiest to least atm w.r.t. scum-reads? That's another hard one because I am finding myself doing more town-hunting then scum-hunting this game.

RR
Panta(scummy but I really am finding it hard for him to be scum based on that paragraph I quoted)

And then that's about it atm. The rest are null or I have expressed like.
I said there was a reason.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh wow those questions do make sense now. :facepalm:

Regardless, it doesn't really do anything.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Once again, I apologize for my activity. My dad walked out on my family today, so it's been a cluster**** of emotions and trying to get a concentrated read through wasn't happening too well. i got to around page 8, then did a quick skim of the rest and I plan to read look at individual players hopefully tonight if my productivity kicks in.

I like Hilts posts, I'll go back and quote ones if needed but I know other people have him as town too so I probably don't have to.

Acrostic is strange. I mean, I really like the amount of work he's saying that he's putting in to read individual players by reading other games, but I don't like the lengths that he went to show that I'm not competent in my scum hunting (129 and 130). I don't have a definite read on him right now but I'll get to that when I'm doing individual players.

I like J. I don't like RR's claim because it can only prove his role, not his alignment.

I'm feel fine with trusting you right now J for now duder. That might change on my upcoming reads, but I don't expect it to.

Going to do some work then come back to this when I'm on the edge of sleep deprivation.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Haha, <3

No excuses. I get sidetracked too easily.
Stance on him?
Wrote this earlier, but my post got destroyed by 502. Let's see if I can convey the same thing I wrote earlier.

When I was originally asked the question about me liking Seikend, I was annoyed with him. Wasn't my favorite player, but I didn't necessarily find him to be scum.

I actually find him to lean more towards town from null. At this point in time, I like his play style, from what I'm able to see. I like how he handled the exchange of posts between him and myself. It felt really town to me. He didn't back off when I initially lashed back at him, but didn't go on a rampage calling me scum with a tunneled mind. He got what he wanted to get out of the conversation, pressured me on what he thought I should have been pressured for, and then after getting what he could out of the conversation, and finding a new target, shifted to said target. It felt extremely townie to me. Like he was legitimately scum hunting, and not just putting up a front. Like he actually suspected me and was prodded me because of it. And the fact that I was able to see this gave me a strong town impression. I feel this has been repeated through his later posts as well, but is difficult for me to put to words like my past few sentences were. Seik is a player I would be fine having in the endgame.

I don't necessarily find Seik 100% town, but I'm comfortable with him, and don't know why as many people see him as a lynch candidate for D1 as do at the moment.
@Hilt. I will try to keep your #81 in mind. WIFOM in #242. Would you mind explaining what you were trying to say? Also, while re-reading, I found I liked your string of posts.
I was saying that people should explain why they think two people are of different alignments and not avoid having to give their reasoning. The WIFOM was included to cover possible rebuttals that came to mind, because I hate responding to questions or statements that I predict before I say/post what I want to say/post. Just a compulsion.
...I need to stop using emoticons...
There's an option when making a post to disable them. I always use it because I hate emoticons :)

Lol, town vote blocker. What does that possibly do for town other than extremely situational end game scenarios? I'm glad you were so eager to claim, because now I definitely think you're scum.

Ryu's the play, guys. ****ty, Vivi being my favorite character.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Tell me if I missed anything I was suppose to respond to, or if there's anything anyone would like me to comment on.

Dad

Soupamario|th3kuzinator
Pardon speculation kiddos but i'm not sure if i feel RR's role is not very pro-town at all, vote blocking feels more pro-scum to be honest; it's gonna take more then a claim to get me to change my thoughts.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
People have a lot of faith in people I really don't have any faith in.

I get a role that really condemns me because it can hurt town.

This game, I do not get.

Dad

Soupamario|th3kuzinator
Your role is very selective, it is just a wild shot in the dark and we have no control over it and have no idea when/why you are going to use it, and it's not very beneficial, the only way i see it being beneficial is if you were in a lylo situation, that's about it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Your role is very selective, it is just a wild shot in the dark and we have no control over it and have no idea when/why you are going to use it, and it's not very beneficial, the only way i see it being beneficial is if you were in a lylo situation, that's about it.
Or it could screw over town in lylo if I were scum.

And yes you will know because only an idiot wouldn't claim there were vote blocked or not.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
it's a wild shot in the dark for who you use it on, not who claims you used it on.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
it's a wild shot in the dark for who you use it on, not who claims you used it on.
I claim who I used it on, they claim it.

???

~

I love how people kept bringing up lynching inactives, gee maybe because every single game I have played I have left inactive open, not a scum tell. Self meta? Don't care, I hate inactives because they ruin town and always will. Only time I left them go is when I'm scum, because I don't care about them hurting town. Heck J admitted this was a problem and he does nothing about it.

It's even worse when I have just about double the amount of the next highest poster, and I feel like I haven't been doing much of anything at all besides trying to keep this game alive. In fact, let's look at the player list in more detail.

1. Tandora - V/LA till deadline
2. Tom - non-existant
3. J - lol duh
4. Leopard Skin Taser (Gordito/July) - Somewhat here, Somewhat not
5. AggressiveMediation (Ryker/Laundry) - Somewhat here, Somewhat not
6. JTB - Not really here
7. Kuz/Soup - Somewhat here, Somewhat not
8. Hilt - Not really here anymore
9. Red Ryu - Somewhat here, somewhat not
10. Acrostic - Active
11. Sephiroths Masamune - non-existant
12. Panta - Getting here
13. SangfroidWarrior - Getting here
14. Seikend - Active

I mean this is seriously ridiculous.
I recognized this a long time ago.

"?" players need to go, they always do. 7 people I tell need to die, well 3-4 were scum picks and the rest were doing nothing.

People are like, your Vivi, but nah you can die cause you wanted to claim so bad, well gee with how inactive this town is maybe helping people organize better with that info far ahead of time when this game has this many in actives.

Did I want to claim? No. I claimed because it would be stupid to not give town a heads up.

I'll self vote if need be if a flip is needed, since 7-8 people are gone.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
RR, you don't to throw yourself into the fire as long as you are going to be legitimate about your power, tell us how you are going to use it and why, you don't need to say a name, and you don't need to hint when, just tell me how it's beneficial to town.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Your fishy claim was the nail in the coffin. Don't act like that's all we're wanting to lynch you for. Or even like it's a huge deal regarding your lynch. All in all, your claim wasn't able to save you.

Dad

Soupamario|th3kuzinator
Inactives are indeed a problem, but their flips don't provide anything if they don't give legitimate content, a latter is to pressure them, but that only works if they respond, and this usually turns into scrambling if there are multiple inactives and most people are content with the people actually posting, this is something i would argue, but inactive lynches aren't as good as people think, and they should be used as a back-door option.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Instead of self voting, do something useful. Do everything you can to direct us towards scum for tomorrow. If you are town, it should be expected of you. If you've felt you've already done it, give us more. Because if it wasn't enough to convince a good part of town from voting for you, then there's obviously more you could do.

Or you could admit you're scum and save us all the trouble.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I can stop people who are not trustworthy to town from voting. Is there a person who is a big "?" or looks legitimately scummy to most of town? Then I will stop them from voting so they can't vote in areas that are bad for town.

If J were to want to push a Hilt lynch or on someone who looked pro town and he would tunnel him all day, hypothetical, I would vote block him.

Your fishy claim was the nail in the coffin. Don't act like that's all we're wanting to lynch you for.
You never said this at first. you said because I wanted to claim it's scummy which is false.

Scum wants to put off claiming to stop themselves from being put in a lose-lose situation where they play by town's rules.

Unvote
Vote: Sephiroths Masamune

I'll move it if need be and self vote if it's needed.

Dad

Soupamario|th3kuzinator
I can stop people who are not trustworthy to town from voting. Is there a person who is a big "?" or looks legitimately scummy to most of town? Then I will stop them from voting so they can't vote in areas that are bad for town.

If J were to want to push a Hilt lynch or on someone who looked pro town and he would tunnel him all day, hypothetical, I would vote block him.

You never said this at first. you said because I wanted to claim it's scummy which is false.

Scum wants to put off claiming to stop themselves from being put in a lose-lose situation where they play by town's rules.

Unvote
Vote: Sephiroths Masamune

I'll move it if need be and self vote if it's needed.
You're forgetting a factor that people gets reads out of who they vote, if they don't vote they will be particularly useless that whole day they can't vote, they may say something or complain, but who people vote is very important to scumhunting chemistry, but like i said, i'm not going to let a claim change my mind, even if there are some variables.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Voted | Voter(s) | Votes/Lynch
Acrostic | JTB | 1 / 8
Seikend | Aggressive Mediation, Panta | 2 / 8
Red Ryu | J, Seikend, Dad, SangfroidWarrior, Acrostic | 5 / 8
SangfroidWarrior | Leopard Skin Taser | 1 / 8
Sephiroths Masamune | Red Ryu | 1 / 8

---​

Not Voting: Tandora, Tom, Hilt, Sephiroths Masamune
Takes 8/14 to lynch

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I said I was glad you were eager to claim. The fact that you were, sped things up. I did not say I was voting you based on the fact that you were eager, although I do agree with J that you were, and that it came off as scummy. But you are being voted, by me at least, for instances before your claim. Your claim gave me absolutely no reason to remove my vote or back off from pushing your lynch.

And you're wrong with your WIFOM on what "scum wants to do". Bull****. Who's to say one wouldn't be eager to throw out their claim that they've come up with to save themself, when they're left with nothing else? It was left between you and Seikend. Turn things on him by claiming? Force a member of town to claim before you die, so that it'll make things easier for scum to find the right target?
One gives reads, the other does not.
And based on those reads, we've found our lynch. We've also found a consistency in yourself, which may or may not be the case with the others. And if it is, we'll decide what to do with them at that time.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Voting is a tool, I can agree it helps with reads but if your current reads show his vote is going in bad places for town you can take it away.

:phone:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
L-2, I don't want him hammered until he either admits scum or actually puts forth some work to help town after his death. Come 24 hours until deadline, though, hammer away.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Are you saying... you can prevent someone from applying pressure and scumhunting by taking away their vote, if you think they're scum, or voting wrongly?

First of all, no the **** you can't.

Second of all, that's the stupidest thing you've ever said.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I said I was glad you were eager to claim. The fact that you were, sped things up. I did not say I was voting you based on the fact that you were eager, although I do agree with J that you were, and that it came off as scummy. But you are being voted, by me at least, for instances before your claim. Your claim gave me absolutely no reason to remove my vote or back off from pushing your lynch.

And you're wrong with your WIFOM on what "scum wants to do". Bull****. Who's to say one wouldn't be eager to throw out their claim that they've come up with to save themself, when they're left with nothing else? It was left between you and Seikend. Turn things on him by claiming? Force a member of town to claim before you die, so that it'll make things easier for scum to find the right target?And based on those reads, we've found our lynch. We've also found a consistency in yourself, which may or may not be the case with the others. And if it is, we'll decide what to do with them at that time.
Fair enough.

I still don't get why you are fine with Seikend.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom