• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Dissidia

LSDX

Wah!
1). Change the title so it's not so simplistic.
2). Dissidia: FF is pure win.
3). Kingdom Hearts is pure fail.
4). lolDisney

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Do we really need more characters? I think there's plenty right now and if you add more it runs the risk of becoming unbalanced. Obviously after XIII they'd have to add Lightning and another character from that game, and I wouldn't mind seeing another character from XI and XII, but other than that I really think it's fine as it is.
Go away, Krillin. No one likes you.

/needs moar characters ♥.

Besides, with the way that Ad-Hoc and Online works so strangely with having to use XLink and whatnot, the competitive scene is gonna be difficult to get off the ground. Certainly there's been some gatherings for, but unless it's more accessible, as a competitive scene, it won't take off so easily.

I won't really care for balance too much. I mean, look at Brawl. LOL And with the dodging system of Dissidia it couldn't be too hard to add more characters. I agree though. No Kingdom Hearts in my Dissidia plx. This is a tribute to Final Fantasy. Not Square-Enix Royal Rumble!

UncleSam

Smash Master
Re: more characters
Dissidia already sucks incredible amounts of dong for its criminal rejection of Yuna. They can rectify this by either putting her in the sequel(if there ever is one) or finding a way to cram her into the current game.
Swords are for losers. The modern hero uses guns, guns, guns!
a machine gun is a useable weapon in dissidia.
you happy?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Dissidia already sucks incredible amounts of dong for its criminal rejection of Yuna. They can rectify this by either putting her in the sequel(if there ever is one) or finding a way to cram her into the current game.
lol guns are for panzies real men use Swords thats why in Melee you see Marth pwn Falco

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
I remember reading on Final Fantasy Wiki that if there is a sequel to Dissidia, there will be Balthier and Kain in it. Hope that helps.

Edit: This was for the whole "new characters" debate a few posts up.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I remember reading on Final Fantasy Wiki that if there is a sequel to Dissidia, there will be Balthier and Kain in it. Hope that helps.

Edit: This was for the whole "new characters" debate a few posts up.
I like the Idea of adding characters who aren't the main one's but close too them like Zack, Yuna (even if she's a Pansie) Vincent, Seifer, Renia, Gilgamesh, Auron, and hopefully by the time XIII is out lightning.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
I like the Idea of adding characters who aren't the main one's but close too them like Zack, Yuna (even if she's a Pansie) Vincent, Seifer, Renia, Gilgamesh, Auron, and hopefully by the time XIII is out lightning.
I agree with you. Setzer/Gilgamesh/Ultros/Rydia/Lightning/Yuna/Auron/Vivi/Steiner/Galuf/Garland/Tifa/Kain for Dissidia 2!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You can tell how much lasting value a game has by how people focus on the sequel right after the game is released.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Criminal rejection? Yuna wasn't the main character of X so she wasn't in.

And guns are usually used by guys who are trying to compensate for a smaller thing. Or in Yuna's case, a nonexistent thing. :psycho:

Darkslash

Smash Master
So I played Dissidia, and I can say, Cloud is my favorite character :bee:
I got him to level 43 yesterday, and I like his sword style.

I just hate how punishable he is.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You can tell how much lasting value a game has by how people focus on the sequel right after the game is released.
They talk about the sequel because the first was so great when melee was released everyone was talking about how cool the next one was going to be. (even if it wasn't as good)

It's just a fact great games have a demand for a sequel.

p.s. I'm using my Wii to type this. :p

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so my friend insisted I sign up for his (probably) noncompetitive Dissidia forum, despite the fact that I don't own the game and don't plan to get.

Really, it looks awesome and the characters seem well-represented but... I seem to see (from some of the YouTube videos I've seen) that the game degenerates into "one mistake = game, set, match". I suppose this is "good" in the competitive eyes, but it kind of alienates the beginners. Then again, if you're playing to win I don't guess you care about the beginners in the first place.

This is just something aside from my general disinclination to buying a PSP, though. Can someone confirm or bust this conception I have of it, though?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Ok, so my friend insisted I sign up for his (probably) noncompetitive Dissidia forum, despite the fact that I don't own the game and don't plan to get.

Really, it looks awesome and the characters seem well-represented but... I seem to see (from some of the YouTube videos I've seen) that the game degenerates into "one mistake = game, set, match". I suppose this is "good" in the competitive eyes, but it kind of alienates the beginners. Then again, if you're playing to win I don't guess you care about the beginners in the first place.

This is just something aside from my general disinclination to buying a PSP, though. Can someone confirm or bust this conception I have of it, though?
I think what you might have been referring to was a practice most people in the Dissidia community call "EX Camping". Basically, once someone gets a full EX Bar they can basically play campy and turtle and wait for the opponent to come to them and then use an EX Guard to knock the opponent out of an attack when they do attack, follow up with an HP attack of your own, and then EX Burst them for the win or at least a very significant advantage.

However, there are a lot of people in the competitive Dissidia community who don't like how this affects gameplay and want to change it, so we'll see how that turns out.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I think what you might have been referring to was a practice most people in the Dissidia community call "EX Camping". Basically, once someone gets a full EX Bar they can basically play campy and turtle and wait for the opponent to come to them and then use an EX Guard to knock the opponent out of an attack when they do attack, follow up with an HP attack of your own, and then EX Burst them for the win or at least a very significant advantage.

However, there are a lot of people in the competitive Dissidia community who don't like how this affects gameplay and want to change it, so we'll see how that turns out.
It's not so much that as the fights I've seen that end in the first 12 seconds.

UncleSam

Smash Master
It's not so much that as the fights I've seen that end in the first 12 seconds.
Oh.

Well, uh...**** happens lol. You basically just have to be good enough to not let that happen to you.
all of my friends use equips to max out their EX gauges.
totally gay, still kind of easy to get around tho, since the game tells you that your opponent is using an HP attack.

I play firion, I hit square
[SHIELD BASH]
it's obvious, just wait out their gauge and beat the crap out of them for their insolence.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh, equips. I thought he was just talking about some ridiculous BP->HP combos.

Equips are dumb. Any idiot can get artifact armor and gear it to increasing EX Gauge/Absorption/Duration as much as possible and **** with it. It's just silly.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
well duh I think what he's saying is that you either need to be really good or you can't play at all because one mistake and :smiliegor
Yeah, Sephiroths Masamune nailed it.

Oh, equips. I thought he was just talking about some ridiculous BP->HP combos.

Equips are dumb. Any idiot can get artifact armor and gear it to increasing EX Gauge/Absorption/Duration as much as possible and **** with it. It's just silly.
It's probably a bit of both, but as the viewer I don't have access to that info, so I can't nail it down, but I imagine it's mostly equips.

I mean, how it seems to go down is:

Match starts
P1 misses an attack
Opponent starts HP attack w/ multiple hits
Opponent breaks P1 in the middle of the attack
Attack ends and P2 has 9000+ Brave from the pool for instawin.

Again, I don't have the game so I may be missing some valuable info here.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I mean, how it seems to go down is:

Match starts
P1 misses an attack
Opponent starts HP attack w/ multiple hits
Opponent breaks P1 in the middle of the attack
Attack ends and P2 has 9000+ Brave from the pool for instawin.

Again, I don't have the game so I may be missing some valuable info here.
Yeah, that's definitely equips.

Basically, if both characters have more than 6999 max HP at the start, it's equips.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I just played the demo for this game. I suppose my first question would be is can you play against other people? Or is it CPUs all the time?

I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but it was really unclear.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yes, you can do local wireless multiplayer or Ad-Hoc online multiplayer if you have a PS3 and a wired connection.

Darkslash

Smash Master
God I hope this gets a PS3 sequel.
You know I can see Square following Bandai. Get the first game on the PSP, get attention and release the sequel on the PS3.

I totally buy a PS3 sequel if they add 1 more character for each Final Fantasy. Like adding Zack and Kadaj for FFVII.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
On one hand I'm disappointed with the lack of a roster. On the other hand the gameplay looks cool. Oh...what do I do:)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's got 22 characters, that's more than enough for a fighting game. Any more and it runs the risk of becoming more and more unbalanced.

Top Bottom