• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Dissidia

UncleSam

Smash Master
IDK if scintilla can block every hit of the knight's arrows but other than that, those arrows have low priority, just use one of your brave attacks it should block most of the hits. (almost never used sephiroth)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
What's the word of convo in regards to Cloud's metagame?

If it has to do with anything about him being a terrible character or sucking, meh. I'll still main and kick *** with him. I'm just curious.

UncleSam

Smash Master
What's the word of convo in regards to Cloud's metagame?

If it has to do with anything about him being a terrible character or sucking, meh. I'll still main and kick *** with him. I'm just curious.
landing the attacks is the hard part since they are easy to guard. rely on mindgames and play a little defensive.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, I noticed the difficulty to land them.

Is Omni Airdash allowed for abilities? Because against Kuja if he's using Ultima, I usually find that he's just setting himself up for me to rush him and hit with Brave Attacks or Brave into Omnislash Version 5. To me, defensive works well when he can punish well, and the crushing blows he does lend to the punishment game.

Thanks for the advice! I'll get my mindgame/block timing down more.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Yeah, I noticed the difficulty to land them.

Is Omni Airdash allowed for abilities? Because against Kuja if he's using Ultima, I usually find that he's just setting himself up for me to rush him and hit with Brave Attacks or Brave into Omnislash Version 5. To me, defensive works well when he can punish well, and the crushing blows he does lend to the punishment game.

Thanks for the advice! I'll get my mindgame/block timing down more.
good for Cloud? IDK I don't use him but it's faster than forward air dash (i've noticed)
you just need to learn to control omni air dash well

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I've got a good sense of use for Omni Air Dash. Forward Air Dash is ridiculously slow in comparison I find. Omni Air Dash is immensely fast. The only thing that gets annoying for using Omni Air Dash is when you're against a wall or rail and you go for that first most of the time. Other then that, I got a good sense of aim for it. Cloud's brave attack steps forward really well through the air.

Also, Omni Air Dash makes you auto lock-on to EX Cores, aiming for them wherever they are, and you're far faster with it then another type of Air Dash.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I've got a good sense of use for Omni Air Dash. Forward Air Dash is ridiculously slow in comparison I find. Omni Air Dash is immensely fast. The only thing that gets annoying for using Omni Air Dash is when you're against a wall or rail and you go for that first most of the time. Other then that, I got a good sense of aim for it. Cloud's brave attack steps forward really well through the air.

Also, Omni Air Dash makes you auto lock-on to EX Cores, aiming for them wherever they are, and you're far faster with it then another type of Air Dash.
OAD is exactly like a multi-air slide.
except you can use it any time instead of having to waste your jumps first xp
omni air dash is the best IMO

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah. And multi-air slide doesn't auto lock onto an EX Core. And you can use the Omni Air Dash as many times as you want. :D

I wanna face more people in person to see how it is. XD; This'll be fun.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I'm minus 1 PS3.
maybe I'll save up to get one after I rock out to a GBM (I reeeeeeeeeally want to play my old GBA games)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think you can play in-person with someone without the PS3? I'm not sure. But... XD;

Definitely for long-distance gonna hafta use the PS3. Or XLink. But I ain't doing that XLink stuff. XD

UncleSam

Smash Master
I think you can play in-person with someone without the PS3? I'm not sure. But... XD;

Definitely for long-distance gonna hafta use the PS3. Or XLink. But I ain't doing that XLink stuff. XD
I play it with my friends at school.

UncleSam

Smash Master
... Man. People need to play Dissidia here more. ._.
Find a bunch of people who are addicted to final fantasy. There are hordes of them where I live (luckily) so I play alot of Cloud/sephiroth/squall/tidus because those were the most popular FF games.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
not really she breaks through most attacks and no scintilla only block the first sec

btw kuja has trouble with those with the glide ability.

Ps. gameboy micros suck they're expencive, they break easily, and they don't have backwards compatibility.

UncleSam

Smash Master
not really she breaks through most attacks and no scintilla only block the first sec
I might of just thought that because I have shield bash :p

btw kuja has trouble with those with the glide ability.
Kuja doesn't have to approach which is the thing. and he can glide as well.

Ps. gameboy micros suck they're expencive, they break easily, and they don't have backwards compatibility.
lies and slanders! I have a gameboy color which makes backwards compatability null, and they aren't made of plastic.
plus they come with removable faceplates. and it's retro.

Roxas M

Smash Master
man, i never thought dissidia would get competitive. i got the game a little while ago.
i main squall and zidane.
i'll probably start looking more into the game now.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, how do you all play? By the tournament setting, or by accessories and equipment?

Unfortunately, I don't have any tournament play 'round my area, BUT, the people I do play with play with their best equipment/accessories/summons. It's a bit sad to me, but each game boils down to who gets Ex Mode first.

And either I play some bad individuals, or it's all the game really is, but I just do the runaway game and wait for my buddies to do an attack that takes them some time to recover from.

Mind you, this isn't anything special, but I figured I'd throw this in. :dizzy:

UncleSam

Smash Master
Well, how do you all play? By the tournament setting, or by accessories and equipment?
Pick your poison, I don't care I can play either way.

Unfortunately, I don't have any tournament play 'round my area, BUT, the people I do play with play with their best equipment/accessories/summons. It's a bit sad to me, but each game boils down to who gets Ex Mode first.
That's basically everyone who doesn't want to get really serious, or are just bad skill-wise.

And either I play some bad individuals, or it's all the game really is, but I just do the runaway game and wait for my buddies to do an attack that takes them some time to recover from.
Ima comment that vid.

Mind you, this isn't anything special, but I figured I'd throw this in. :dizzy:
That Onion Knight was bad.
Why did I not see any holy shot to Ultima spam? Kuja is the safest character to spam with. He's like falco, if you're losing, you aren't playing gay enough.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I'm not amazing, either. I'm just taking advantage of their want to rush me. I'm learning how to dodge their attacks to keep away from another attack. I mean . . . Of course they're gonna be bad skill-wise. They don't think the game like that. It's a social thing that people at my college play on the fly.

I would like to see what more a competitive battle in Dissidia is like.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Well, I'm not amazing, either. I'm just taking advantage of their want to rush me. I'm learning how to dodge their attacks to keep away from another attack. I mean . . . Of course they're gonna be bad skill-wise. They don't think the game like that. It's a social thing that people at my college play on the fly.

I would like to see what more a competitive battle in Dissidia is like.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DissidiaForums#p/a/0/EoCu7cXyAxA
Dissidiaforums youtube channel, they have tourney vids.
If you have questions concerning ExMode please ask.

UncleSam

Smash Master
so in tourney legal play they use no equips or accessories?
Also no summons or ExBurst. ExMode and ExGuard are allowed though.
ExGuard is blocking an attack by entering Exmode, it allows a free HP attack, but I don't think they allow doing that because that would be too much Exmode pressure. Goes back to the whole "who get the excore first"

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I took a look at some of those videos.

There's nothing impressive, really. It seems these tourney rules really hinder a character's potential, while giving others an advantage. At least, that's what i see.

And other than playing some people who don't know their own characters and the ones they play against, I see little deviation between the battles I have and those in tournaments, from what I've seen.

Can this game possibly even develop like other fighters?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
There's nothing impressive, really. It seems these tourney rules really hinder a character's potential, while giving others an advantage. At least, that's what i see.
That's only really true of some characters (namely Gabranth). The rest get boosts from equipment sure but at the end nothing changes too drastically assuming both players have access to the same equipment builds.

And other than playing some people who don't know their own characters and the ones they play against, I see little deviation between the battles I have and those in tournaments, from what I've seen.
I don't fully understand what you mean by this. Could you clarify?

Also, I watched your video but I don't know much about Kuja or OK so I can't comment too much on the playstyle. What I can say though is that your multipliers are terrible, no offense. Try using a bunch of *1.5 multipliers. Basically if you throw a bunch of those together you'll have an average of at least a *4 multiplier at all times.

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
Eh after watching some of those matches the tourney rules look kinda stupid to me.

Just got the game and I like it a lot right now but I dunno if I will play for competitions.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't fully understand what you mean by this. Could you clarify?

Also, I watched your video but I don't know much about Kuja or OK so I can't comment too much on the playstyle. What I can say though is that your multipliers are terrible, no offense. Try using a bunch of *1.5 multipliers. Basically if you throw a bunch of those together you'll have an average of at least a *4 multiplier at all times.

1) What I meant was, other than the inclusion of Summons and Exmode/Burst, the battles seems about the same. Lots of dodging and hoping for an opening.

2) Guarantee me a multiplier that remains at 1.5. My set up relies on getting Exmode before my friend, so I put as many Ex Force gain as I can. That including First to Victory, Close to You, and Center of the World. Hell, if I could, I'd always include Arcane Resin. All that with the Genji equipment make for a pretty safe Warrior of Light. :)

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
i don't like EX camping and playing naked, (aka no accessories etc.) it is fun for those who just got to level 100 and want to play others without being creamed, but I would like it if they allowed accessories because it just adds to a characters build. If they could just make some accessories legal it would make it alot more interesting.

BTW they should at least let the CP boosting accessories legal!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
1) What I meant was, other than the inclusion of Summons and Exmode/Burst, the battles seems about the same. Lots of dodging and hoping for an opening.

2) Guarantee me a multiplier that remains at 1.5. My set up relies on getting Exmode before my friend, so I put as many Ex Force gain as I can. That including First to Victory, Close to You, and Center of the World. Hell, if I could, I'd always include Arcane Resin. All that with the Genji equipment make for a pretty safe Warrior of Light. :)
1. Ah, well that's just the nature of the game.

2. Good *1.5 Multipliers to have:

Large Gap in HP
Small Gap in HP
Near Loss
Victory Chance
Large BRV Gap
Small BRV Gap
After Summon
Summon Unused
Enemy Near Loss
Enemy Near Victory
Enemy Summon Used
Enemy Summon Unused

Pick between 4 and 8 of these and your multiplier will generally be between *2 and *6.

BTW they should at least let the CP boosting accessories legal!
I don't know about this even since increased CP can give one character the advantage in having more abilities than the other. For example, if one player has enough of a CP boost to have Snooze and Lose but the other player doesn't have enough of a CP boost to have Concentration++ (which is generally considered a counter to it), there will be a disproportionate advantage.

On the other hand, I am all for including accessories that boost Battlegen rates, AP, Gil, and other things that won't affect the outcome of the fight.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I don't know about this even since increased CP can give one character the advantage in having more abilities than the other. For example, if one player has enough of a CP boost to have Snooze and Lose but the other player doesn't have enough of a CP boost to have Concentration++ (which is generally considered a counter to it), there will be a disproportionate advantage.

On the other hand, I am all for including accessories that boost Battlegen rates, AP, Gil, and other things that won't affect the outcome of the fight.
It's like saying Oh I didn't have time to make my guy level 100. The CP boosting accessories are easy to make late in the game the only thing that actually requires effort is to get the yellow drops and gems

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i have the game now and i LOVE it! anyone in the MD/VA area i would love to play if anyone had time. PS3 is a little steep to play online but i might buy it later.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
As you guys may or not know, a new version of Dissidia is coming to Japan. Dissidia Universal Tuning. As far as I know for now it'll feature both English and a Japanese option.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dissidia UT is pretty much just the balancing tweaks in the English version of the game being made to the Japanese version. There's no added content or anything.

I really could care less about languages imo. The English voices are fine. The only one I don't like is Terra's, and even that isn't too bad.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Was that game well advertised in the west?

And even then, it was on a handheld too pricey for the common consumer of NA. At least, that's how I see it, based on the attitudes of customers who've ran through the gamestore I used to work at. I honestly had seen this game getting a PS2 release due to low sales (I mean, it's happened before and vice versa).

'Tis sad news, though.

Top Bottom