• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Dissidia

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
With what can be done in this game, don't you think this game is MORE broken than any standard fighting game?

Nothing tops Ivan Ooze, though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Broken isn't necessarily the same as unbalanced. Broken can mean the mechanics are glitchy but the characters can still be relatively evenly matched. On the other hand, it can also have very few glitches that significantly affect gameplay and still be unbalanced (**cough*Brawl*cough**). As far as matchups go, barring the infinites, each character seems to have relatively the same amount of good and bad matchups.

As for Dissidia's brokenness specifically, if you want to compare it to HD Remix or SFIV or BlazBlue, yes it is probably more broken. If you want to compare it to MvC2, no lol.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If you say so. I still feel this game is leaps and bounds beyond broken (and even unbalanced) than a standard fighting game.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's just how I feel, dude.

I mean - This game heavily rewards the player for investing a huge amount of time to the game. That, there's equipment, summons, and match-ups that make things completely unfair. Not only that, but my Warrior of Light is not your Warrior of Light. There's nothing truly set in stone like something Street Fighter or Guilty Gear.

Sure, those games also reward the player who invests more time, but it's different. You learn the game mechanics, and technical stuff. Things that require skill. But This game, not so much.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's an RPG Fighting game, not a regular fighter. On top of that, it's not very difficult to level characters to 100 since there are various exploits you can do with the AI to get lots of exp from higher level computer opponents.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Any tier list you see about the game is pure bull****. It's still way too early for the metagame to determine any tiers.

Ph03n1x

Smash Rookie
Would there be tournaments or a heavy competitive scene to test the metagame to even consider tiers though?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yes actually. There are tourneys going on right now on GameFAQs and other forums to help test out competitive rulesets to find an optimal one. Tiers are a side effect of the data accumulated from tourney results.

You can find one of those forums here:
http://dissidiaforums.com/

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
Hey I ordered this game online a couple a days ago and I really want to know what you guys think of it.

Also who's the best character my friends tells me its tidus?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Tidus is meh.
ExDeath is (currently) considered the best but it's probably going to be a debatable topic later on when the metagame develops.

UncleSam

Smash Master
ExDeath has amazing guards, when used properly he could wall any character.
as for Gabaranth, he can only use HP attacks while in Exmode

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Theoretically ExDeath is the best, but there is currently no one who can play him as well as they say he can be played.

In practice it seems like Kuja is the best since a good Kuja can both outcamp mages and melee fighters. Kuja also has advantages against characters that can't be classified into either group like Emperor and ExDeath since Ultima beats both Emperor's air Flare (which they like to hide in) and ExDeath's all guard.

Gabranth is mediocre. He's a turtling character so if you don't like playing defensively you probably shouldn't play him. He's much better in Equips where he can get bonuses to extend EX mode time and EX Force absorption, but in normal unequip battles (which is a majority of the battles people play when playing competitively) he's not that great.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Kuja is also easy to pick up because just about all of his moves are relatively safe to use.he's like Meta Knight

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I was actually talking about how Kuja has no theoretically bad matchups on Dissidia Forums yesterday. It seems like nobody can punish him that well. He's easy to screw over by stage counterpicking though.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I know, Rei-N is devising some oddball ways to break through Kuja when we were discussing it on the Firion Boards.
Firion got buffed so it's all good.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It seems like Kuja's biggest weakness other than stages is characters who are above or below him. This means Daveing him out with Bartz can work provided I get to the top of the stage and stay there before he starts using Ultima.

But srsly, approaches from above or below with Zidane/WoL/Garland/Golbez/etc. could work.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
. . . but in normal unequip battles (which is a majority of the battles people play when playing competitively) he's not that great.
This. What does this include? When I was noting that this game is very broken, I was in the mindset that people use accessories, equipment, and even whatever abilities that have been mastered and can be used.

I can understand a slightly more balanced game, then. But, I still see some horrendous match-ups.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This. What does this include? When I was noting that this game is very broken, I was in the mindset that people use accessories, equipment, and even whatever abilities that have been mastered and can be used.
It basically means what I said.

No Equipment
No Accessories
No Summons
No EXP to ### abilities
No EX Bursts (unless the opponent is already at 0)
No attacking immediately after an EX Guard
Fox only Final Destination

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It basically means what I said.

No Equipment
No Accessories
No Summons
No EXP to ### abilities
No EX Bursts (unless the opponent is already at 0)
No attacking immediately after an EX Guard
I might also add that there are (in some cases no critical hit boosting abilities)

btw, I don't agree with some of the professional rules, like no accessories; I say only ban artifacts, cause all other accessories are available to everyone through normal game play, and if your *****ing about it that just means you haven't gotten it yet.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I might also add that there are (in some cases no critical hit boosting abilities)
all critical abilities add to the strategy of it. Guarders like ExDeath and Firion equip (double)riposite for increased criticals after a block.

btw, I don't agree with some of the professional rules, like no accessories; I say only ban artifacts, cause all other accessories are available to everyone through normal game play, and if your *****ing about it that just means you haven't gotten it yet.
some people might not go through all the effort to do all the farming and whatnot for the best equips. it's just easier without them
also... soul of the destroyer= times 2000% initial brave.
you always start off with 9999 if you're level 100.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Her HP attacks become more broken the more brave you have. basically the more brave you have the easier it is to hit with a damaging attack. Her only problem is she sucks at gaining brave.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
some people might not go through all the effort to do all the farming and whatnot for the best equips. it's just easier without them
also... soul of the destroyer= times 2000% initial brave.
you always start off with 9999 if you're level 100.
we could just ban the really broken ones and for the farming thing is what do you expect from a fighting game that has exp in it?

UncleSam

Smash Master
there aren't any equips that are broken, only accessories. but some people can't get everything.
I don't know why it's their problem

Top Bottom