• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
lol.

MvC3 has been out for 10 months, and already has 2 official retail releases + multiple balance patches.

BB has been out for more than 3 years and has had 3 official retail releases + one balance patch.
the MVC3 patches were more about getting rid of the glitches found than they were about balancing the game
as Minato already said, the only things done to characters in the patches were Sent's health, the infinites, and phoenix wright's assist

BB patches changed characters completely
apparently MK9 did also
the only reason MK9 is still in Evo is because of its mainstream fame such as IGN(i think it was them) naming it the best game of 2011

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
BB patches changed characters completely
Just to clarify, BB has only had one patch that changed how characters play(not counting the removal of Makoto's parry loop shortly after her release), everything else has been a new game.

That one patch that changed everything was also technically a new game as well, one we got for free minus the new characters.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
so melty blood

it's a game

~YAAAAAY~

no neetplay though ._.

also no local community

so roneri

hey Iblis

play melty blood

actress again

current code

but don't be confused if i call it mashy blood accident again crimson climax

it's really the same thing

obv :011:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, and I'm the best Soul Calibur player in Ottawa. My Xianghua shall destroy you. ;)

Or...would before I traded SCIV and some other games for Uncharted 3...

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Titles don't matter.

People to play with do. :(

also i'm so bad i'm unranked in mugen gear: ryouko again: CvS2 Rips: Za World

obv :012:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
expose them

if they wanna play that's all that matters

plus buford and lawrenceville are basically right next to each other

Minato

穏やかじゃない
There's quite a bit of Melty players scattered about in SoCal. I don't join them since Melty's not my kind of game and I lack dedication for it. I do go to sessions with Rei time to time since I'd rather play with people I know and learn from there.

The game's not too hard to play or pick up so it's pretty easy for me to just have fun with players.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
;___;

and we're in the dirty souf tooz

poverty internet + poverty game = ???

1st world problems

how play video games with peoplez

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I'm reading the discussion in the Brawl forums about the Japanese winning Apex, and it got me thinking: What is the most efficient way to practice? Most of us aren't like Daigo who, because of his flexible nurse hours, is able to do 12+ hours a day. What do you is an effective "regimen" for those of us with not a lot of time?

If anyone comes up with something, I'll post my suggestions.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I'm reading the discussion in the Brawl forums about the Japanese winning Apex, and it got me thinking: What is the most efficient way to practice? Most of us aren't like Daigo who, because of his flexible nurse hours, is able to do 12+ hours a day. What do you is an effective "regimen" for those of us with not a lot of time?

If anyone comes up with something, I'll post my suggestions.
A good, healthy body and mind helps, imo. I honestly don't get a lot of time into fighters and I don't frequent arcades/netplay as often as other people do. I don't consider myself a complete natural since I feel that most of my skill comes from hard work.

But really, having a good mindset and a healthy body (this doesn't apply to every player lol) really helps. I try not to be a lazy bum and I think a player's physical condition can help in fighters. Training your brain is really difficult but helps out so much. Making yourself not have tunnel vision so you can adapt and not get discouraged leads to improvement on reading people and acting accordingly.

This let's me analyze players faster along with my playstyle. After a match is over, I reflect over how the match went so I know what to do for next time. Lots of players don't ever think about how their last match went so they don't improve. These are the players that don't adapt and have bad habits they aren't aware of.

Edit: As for the regimen itself, I'd say exercise here and there, sleep more, and get into the habit of getting into a thinking mode whenever you can during/after a match.

Edit 2: As for training for the game itself, there's various things to do for those short on time. Utilize your time wisely is important. Most players go into training mode but they're not using it effectively. Record the opponent to repeat a situation you're unsure of on how to beat. Practice your hit confirms and combos with random block on. I just repeat these whenever I have the time and they're engraved into my brain easier.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sounds good to me. I never really thought to consider a person's physical state (aside from tiredness) to be a factor. That might explain why I can handle Fuerte mirrors for more than 10 matches where as everyone I know feels like they're tripping balls and I'm in considerably better shape than most players I know.

But yeah, I was talking about training for a game in general (meaning no specific game). I think some things to look after are options for mixups and just in general so you don't find yourself "randomly" being hit by an attack when you were actually wide open.

For combos, I think it's best to work from the ground up. Work on particular parts of your combos, even if you have the whole thing down perfectly, and then string them together. This way, muscle memory won't limit your comboing options.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
A good, healthy body and mind helps, imo. I honestly don't get a lot of time into fighters and I don't frequent arcades/netplay as often as other people do. I don't consider myself a complete natural since I feel that most of my skill comes from hard work.

But really, having a good mindset and a healthy body (this doesn't apply to every player lol) really helps. I try not to be a lazy bum and I think a player's physical condition can help in fighters. Training your brain is really difficult but helps out so much. Making yourself not have tunnel vision so you can adapt and not get discouraged leads to improvement on reading people and acting accordingly.

This let's me analyze players faster along with my playstyle. After a match is over, I reflect over how the match went so I know what to do for next time. Lots of players don't ever think about how their last match went so they don't improve. These are the players that don't adapt and have bad habits they aren't aware of.

Edit: As for the regimen itself, I'd say exercise here and there, sleep more, and get into the habit of getting into a thinking mode whenever you can during/after a match.

Edit 2: As for training for the game itself, there's various things to do for those short on time. Utilize your time wisely is important. Most players go into training mode but they're not using it effectively. Record the opponent to repeat a situation you're unsure of on how to beat. Practice your hit confirms and combos with random block on. I just repeat these whenever I have the time and they're engraved into my brain easier.

Doesn't Daigo also do like...2 hours of cycling a day to keep his "mind and body fit"?

Top Bottom