• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game Discussion

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Ask melty related stuff in melty thread@

-Shameless promotion-

And yeah, what Rutger said. I forgot to put that link my OP too. Oops

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Posting the lineup because it should have been in the previous post.

Street Fighter X Tekken

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Version 2012

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Soul Calibur 5

King of Fighters 13

Mortal Kombat 9
KoF is cool, pretty boring otherwise. Guess I'll be watching the side tournaments.

I don't really care though, Melty and Guilty had no chance and everyone hates BB, so not too surprising. No SG is kind of surprising though, instead we get a game that no one knows how any tournament for it will work yet, but hey, it's a Capcom game so who gives a damn about any controversy it has right now.

I kind of thought MK9 was dead by now, but I never payed any attention to it anyways. :/

Not like I'll be going anyways, so meh.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm hype for EVO except for MK snubbing BB. People freaking out and bashing BB on the stream was ridiculous and the hate for the game is actually totally unfounded. Oh well, screw them, I'm just glad KOF didn't get snubbed. And well, if BB was going down and not getting picked, at least SG didn't either.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Predictable lineup of games for this year's Evo, imo. I would've liked to have seen BB just because, but oh well.
Honestly it's not surprising seeing BB not make it in though. The BB community doesn't really travel aside from those top players.

Really happy that KoF made it in.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Street Fighter X Tekken

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Version 2012

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Soul Calibur 5

King of Fighters 13

Mortal Kombat 9
SC5 > TTT2???

WHAT

I mean, SC is my **** sooooo good ****in **** but that's surprising.

About MK9 > BB. Well, come on guys, you guys have the BIGGEST FG community in Japan, while MK basically only has NA, I would just let it slide. As for it being above SG.. yeah that makes no sense.

Can't wait for herp derp SFxT play.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Ugh, it's stupid that BB isn't there, but I'm not going anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter. >_<

On another note, now that I have Melty Blood CC (holy ****, I've missed this game), I'll be taking a break from BB until Extend.

Atlus8

Smash Master
It's no surprise BB didn't make it into the lineup! Hell, the seats at the event were hardly filled and there wasn't much excitement going on! Tekken replaced by Soul Calibur 5 was pretty much coming as well, no surprise there! AEv2012 and UMvC3 were both a given, as well as Mortal Kombat! Glad to see KOFXIII is gonna get some attention since it has the potential in bringing in the most international players after AEv2012!

Finally, SFxT! What do we do about them Gems?! Well, the main reason Smash was removed from EVO was that the organizers and players didn't agree when it came to items! The organizers thought items didn't affect the results of a match enough to really have them banned all together! If anything, I think Gems are most likely to be used since they aren't random like items in smash!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
There was no one at BB in Evo 2011, because they were playing their pools at 8 in the morning. So, I'm pretty sure no one that wasn't playing wasn't going to be there.

I'm surprised that MK made it in over BB, to be honest.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
There was no one at BB in Evo 2011, because they were playing their pools at 8 in the morning. So, I'm pretty sure no one that wasn't playing wasn't going to be there.

Yeah, I am too. I've been hearing that a lot of the MK9 scene has kind of died off over the past 6 months. Though someone brought up a very good point about "people stop playing some games because they want to play at EVO and don't think their game's going to be featured at EVO regardless of what happens with the scene".

Atlus8

Smash Master

There were still plenty of people at the venue! Mostly everyone was just hanging around the booths or playing other games on the side!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
^^Yup.

Cept I quit SF4 too. I'm really getting annoyed with balance patches. Hopefully Marvel 3 stays the way it is (unless they're nerfing Captain X-Factor).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
For someone that plays multiple games, BB's the one game where it's hard to go back. I just don't have the time to put into it and each revision makes me almost relearn entirely new BnBs. SF4 isn't so hard since the tweaks from Vanilla to AE 2012 are mostly frame or damage changes.

Although that kind of updating is bad too. BB's updates are great for those that are enthusiastic about the game.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Because they're Capcom games.
I know, I'm just saying you can't use patches as an excuse to dismiss MK and BB, and dismiss it as one for SF and Marvel just because they're Capcom games. Yeah, I know you didn't intend it that way, but it comes across as a double standard.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree that it's a double standard.

Every single modern fighting game does it but it's only the non-capcom games that people get mad at.
It's really dumb.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's not really a double standard. MK9's form up patching is different compared to other games.
BB's is actually in the same boat as Capcom since at least they'll change every character all at once and let the game sit for close to a year.

MK9 updates didn't go under a predictable schedule as far as I know.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know, I'm just saying you can't use patches as an excuse to dismiss MK and BB, and dismiss it as one for SF and Marvel just because they're Capcom games. Yeah, I know you didn't intend it that way, but it comes across as a double standard.
It's not just that.

Evo is a Capcom sponsored event, so of course they're going to run their games. When you're offering up a significant portion of the pot, you can pretty much do whatever you want. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying how it is. Including SFxT is just a really smart marketing ploy, and a great way for them to line their pockets.

This is a business, after all.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not really a double standard. MK9's form up patching is different compared to other games.
BB's is actually in the same boat as Capcom since at least they'll change every character all at once and let the game sit for close to a year.

MK9 updates didn't go under a predictable schedule as far as I know.
MvC3 had the same type of updates.
Maybe even more frequently.

One of the many reasons why I lost interest so quickly.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's not just that.

Evo is a Capcom sponsored event, so of course they're going to run their games. When you're offering up a significant portion of the pot, you can pretty much do whatever you want. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying how it is. Including SFxT is just a really smart marketing ploy, and a great way for them to line their pockets.

I know, but marketing ploy or not, it's still a double standard. Like, people can fancy it up all they want, but the fact is still there. And if they're going to ignore it and put Capcom games in because it's Capcom sponsored, they should come right out and say it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's not just that.

This. I also heard Mr. Wizard isn't too thrilled about SFXT right now due to how they're not sure how it's going to be handled.
The game's definitely in the lineup because they know a number of people will definitely enter. Good game or not.
MvC3 had the same type of updates.
Maybe even more frequently.

One of the many reasons why I lost interest so quickly.
Aside from glitches that broke the game, all I remember was the Sentinel patch, the Wildstomp/Akuma Tatsu loop, and Ultimate's patch with Wright's assist nerf.

But yeah, Marvel had patches like MK9. People might call me out for having a double standard on this, but I think removing loops or freezing glitches in that game was perfectly fine. Them nerfing characters was an awful choice though which was something I didn't support.
I know, but marketing ploy or not, it's still a double standard. Like, people can fancy it up all they want, but the fact is still there. And if they're going to ignore it and put Capcom games in because it's Capcom sponsored, they should come right out and say it.
lol Why should Evo staff say that?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Livewire, I think you kinda missed the point.
That they're thinking of how to make EVO as financially successful as possible and that's why certain things happen? Yeah, I got that, and I know the EVO organizers would NEVER say that that's how things are done because it makes them look bad. All I'm saying is don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That they're thinking of how to make EVO as financially successful as possible and that's why certain things happen? Yeah, I got that, and I know the EVO organizers would NEVER say that that's how things are done because it makes them look bad. All I'm saying is don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining.
I don't really get your point. What are you accusing Evo of? Saying that they're not putting BB because of too many updates? Or saying that they want numbers?

Thino

Smash Master
Evo never denied doing this for business reasons, or did they?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't really get your point. What are you accusing Evo of? Saying that they're not putting BB because of too many updates? Or saying that they want numbers?
Uh...I wasn't accusing EVO of that. EVO put MK in over BB because BB suffered in numbers due to people flocking to SG, so therefore with MK still having higher numbers than BB, it naturally went in. I was simply saying people who complain about too much patching in MK and BB, don't have a right to if they play Marvel of SF. Of course EVO wants the most number of entrants they can get. More entrants = more money = more hype. I mean, they wouldn't like go and put in say...Arcana Heart 3 in it if they'd have 20 people total entering, that would be silly.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Uh...I wasn't accusing EVO of that. EVO put MK in over BB because BB suffered in numbers due to people flocking to SG, so therefore with MK still having higher numbers than BB, it naturally went in. I was simply saying people who complain about too much patching in MK and BB, don't have a right to if they play Marvel of SF. Of course EVO wants the most number of entrants they can get. More entrants = more money = more hype. I mean, they wouldn't like go and put in say...Arcana Heart 3 in it if they'd have 20 people total entering, that would be silly.
How do Marvel players not have the right say that? Are you REALLY saying that Marvel gets as many patches as BB and MK?? Like, really???

Not at all, read Minatos post. Even then, Marvel never completely made me revamp an entire playstyle like BB and MK made me do with Arakune and Smoke. Oh, and I had to do it again with Bang and Cage. I wouldn't be surprised if I had to do it again.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol.

MvC3 has been out for 10 months, and already has 2 official retail releases + multiple balance patches.

BB has been out for more than 3 years and has had 3 official retail releases + one balance patch.

Top Bottom