• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
You don't understand FLCL. You just watch it and enjoy it.

Also, Eva is good, but overrated. Brilliant for its time, but subpar by today's standards.
This is true to an extend. What it is to understand about FLCL is the NUMEROUS symbolism, and constant references to other animes.

Zham I honestly believe that Evangelion still holds up to today's standards and blows a lot of random anime trash out the water =3

eh? i can understand evangelion, FLCL seems nothing like it, sounds more like what Zhamy says.
They are completely different animes, that is true, but FLCL was made in response of Evangelion.

FLCL made more sense to me than Evangelion.
True. Probably because it only spanned over 6 episodes.

Evangelion however is a complete mess due to CONSTANT references to Freud's theories including female Oedipus complex, Thanatos, the first state of psychosexual development: The Oral Stage, the hedgehog complex, the list goes on and on. If anyone would like, I would be willing to discuss Evangelion with them over AIM or whatever messenger =D

Also we cannot forget the predominant reference to religion using Judeo-Christianinty. I don't need to list examples because anyone who was scene the anime can pick them out easy. Look at the title of the anime for Gawd's sake =3 I will point out some if asked though =3

I stand by my statement saying that Neon Genesis Evangelion is the Greatest Anime ever created.

FLCL is still pro nonetheless. My tag is based off it so it has to be awesome. =3

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
too long;dr :(

sorry nkb!
Go back a page to read my anime semi rants.

lulz i made the post smaller by taking my rant out and put it here.

Sorry guys. I will rant about the 2 animes tomorrow and try to make sense of them for you all. I just spent facking 4 hours trying to solve my virus protection software issue on my PC. I swear MACS are so much better....

I am so upset right now because I finally converted a video for my new sig to an AVI file for Windows Movie Maker so I can cut the clip short but Windows Movie Maker keeps crashing the second I scroll over an imported clip....it's so frustration.

I'm thinking about just using my dazzle and record the video for the gif off my DVD of End of Evangelion.

Anyone know how to make windows movie make unfail?

Oo and Evangelion is like some serious business for me now a days.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Evangelion however is a complete mess due to CONSTANT references to Freud's theories including female Oedipus complex, Thanatos, the first state of psychosexual development: The Oral Stage, the hedgehog complex, the list goes on and on. If anyone would like, I would be willing to discuss Evangelion with them over AIM or whatever messenger =D

Also we cannot forget the predominant reference to religion using Judeo-Christianinty. I don't need to list examples because anyone who was scene the anime can pick them out easy. Look at the title of the anime for Gawd's sake =3 I will point out some if asked though =3

I stand by my statement saying that Neon Genesis Evangelion is the Greatest Anime ever created.

FLCL is still pro nonetheless. My tag is based off it so it has to be awesome. =3
Finished it and STILL didnt get it lol. I did research all the terms though so I got the full scope though I think if that unifying experiment were to have gone through it would have been a massive failure. It'll be fun, I sense a debate too, MmmMMMMmm. xD

Anywho I would like to discuss it on AIM I added you, my SN is ssbmfoxuser so HIT ME UP SON.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
It requires a lot of different software kinda. I like using multiple software programs but I'm pretty sure you can do it all using Photoshop if you have it. I will PM you some stuff later. =3 I have to go to work now.

*Up Up and Away!!!!*

I'm gonna be so blown at work that I got NO WHERE last night making my gif last night.

Finished it and STILL didnt get it lol. I did research all the terms though so I got the full scope though I think if that unifying experiment were to have gone through it would have been a massive failure. It'll be fun, I sense a debate too, MmmMMMMmm. xD

Anywho I would like to discuss it on AIM I added you, my SN is ssbmfoxuser so HIT ME UP SON.
EDIT: I just thought for a minute. I will tell you stuff Lightning about gifs and talk about evangelion to you moony at work, but you have to EMAIL me at hitormiss146@msn.com I have a government job so I am being monitored so make sure you don't use profanity.

Please do email me, lol it will help my day go by faster....sometimes I really hate work.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
viruses/ virus protection is not a legitimate reason why macs may be considered better. Contracting a computer virus is a lot like an STD: You gotta **** something up. Besides, the more people switch to mac because they think they're safer (which they are a bit only because most viruses are for windows because more stupid people use windows), the less secure you're making Macs, because you're putting a stupid person on a mac. The moment it becomes profitable to make that stuff for macs, a lot of mac users are ****ed because they won't have adequate protection due to ignorance.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Well, atm I'm just happy most of the idiots are using PC's. If macs start to get viruses I'll actually have to get protection :O.

Like it's been said, it only takes one guy to fu** the monkey for everyone else to get AIDS.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Got home about 30 mintues ago....still unable to do anything I want...I finally bypassed need to go to movie maker but now my ulead freeze when i try to resize it to fit my sig....

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Got home about 30 mintues ago....still unable to do anything I want...I finally bypassed need to go to movie maker but now my ulead freeze when i try to resize it to fit my sig....
yo yo, did you want me to email you or IM you?

Guess where this quote comes from :D

"Like it is written, the beginning exists solely for the end, and the end exists solely
for the beginning."

plus 10 internets for anyone who can guess it without research.

Other then that, whats up fox boards?

Lightning93

Smash Champion
According to the alternate universe theory, the end is the beginning. Like when it was the big bang for us, the alternate universe collapsed. Some people argue our destinies are tied, because what happens in the alternate universe, the same happens to us opposite.

Also junk like dark matter is white matter for them. So if you fall into a black hole, you'll end up coming out of a white hole on the other side. The white hole being the creation of another star.

Just random sutffs I could only think of saying.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The only animes I like are Pokemon back when Ash sounded manly, Yugioh when Yugi was actually in it and not this Jaden crap, and FLCL.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I could never really get into One Piece or Bleach, and for some reason I only liked the Naruto manga. Sometimes I'm afraid that when I finally get to watching stuff like Code Geass or Gurren Lagann or whatever that I won't actually like it. : \

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
What about Bobo bo bo bobo bo? lol Something that will turn your fox 8x as sexy tho is Dragonball Kai. And yugioh got dumb when cards started having like 30 different effects and you needed a friekin guide and dictionary to know what actually it actually does(or maybe it was when I left middle school).

Zephil

Smash Ace
I could never really get into One Piece or Bleach, and for some reason I only liked the Naruto manga. Sometimes I'm afraid that when I finally get to watching stuff like Code Geass or Gurren Lagann or whatever that I won't actually like it. : \
how you don´t like Code Geass???? is one of the best anime ever!!

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
What about Bobo bo bo bobo bo? lol Something that will turn your fox 8x as sexy tho is Dragonball Kai. And yugioh got dumb when cards started having like 30 different effects and you needed a friekin guide and dictionary to know what actually it actually does(or maybe it was when I left middle school).
Hah yes, that's exactly what happened. Eventually they came out with a small booster pack series devoted entirely to NORMAL monster types and magic/trap cards dedicated to them. I think all my cards at the very end of my collecting days featured paragraphs of effects.

And on the anime front since it seems to be hip again.... might rewatch Chobits since I finished all of Full Metal Panic! (all 3) again after I finished Noein. God those were so awesome. I also might dip into Darker Than Black, Toradora, Clannad, and.... I don't know yet. Still reading Naruto Shippuuden manga though.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
CLANNAD is so god**** good. After Story is darker, but it's awesome.

And play the VN while you're at it.

Top Bottom