• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Zephil

Smash Ace
This is the 2nd most incorrect statement I've read all day (I've already read several times that F11 is how to hide the address bar in chrome). Not knowing a Matchup is 100% a skill based thing, sure it's lucky that it was M2K who didn't know that matchup very well vs someone of a lower caliber, but it's not luck that won the guy any games over M2K.

I am probably one of the larger watchers of Anime on here. Or at least I have the most. 1.24TB and counting. Can't wait for the Blu Ray box set of Ga Rei Zero to be released in NA in February.

===================

Side note: does anyone know how to hide the address bar/toolbar in Chrome in windowed mode, so that it returns when you need it (i.e. opening a new tab, pressing Ctl+L, etc)? Furthermore, anyone know how to set up mouse gestures in chrome to save an image? I would probably switch to chrome if I could get both of those working, but for now, it looks like Firefox is still the best browser :( (which is sad, because it's one of the worst performers after Chrome, Opera, IE9)
SCOTU is top tier when it refers to anime watched

Lightning93

Smash Champion
... but it's not luck that won the guy any games over M2K.
I think that's pretty much what Iblis was getting at.
Furthermore, anyone know how to set up mouse gestures in chrome to save an image? I would probably switch to chrome if I could get both of those working, but for now, it looks like Firefox is still the best browser :( (which is sad, because it's one of the worst performers after Chrome, Opera, IE9)
I know there are addons which allow customization for mouse gestures, but I don't remember whether saving an image was a programmable option.

I would go Chrome, but the GIF playback was always so slow. Something about sharing the same sort of script with Safari? I don't know. But I really need my GIFs to play normal speed.

If that could get/has been fixed I would most likely switch back over to Chrome.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
BROWSER WARS

Firefox has a perfect set of features due to a very mature and comprehensive addon base, but currently is in 3rd place in terms of performance (after first Opera then Chrome, in terms of Javascript, page render times, etc)

Chrome starts up quick and works pretty quickly, but has a horrible collection of addons/customization options. It's next to impossible to change the Chrome interface to be anything more helpful, its addons don't work on internal chrome pages (such as the new tab page) or on chrome addon pages (so something like mouse gestures simply don't work on all pages), and chrome requires you to press alt+space before you can access the menu via keyboard

Opera is the current leader in Browser performance and has pretty good built in customization options. It's easy to change around how the UI works, it has build in customizable mouse gestures, and a lot of useful features like something similar to firebug built in. It's menu is reachable with just alt despite having the same menu setup as Chrome (and Firefox 4), but it has a few hitches as well. It's downloads have to go through the downloads tab (can't be in the status bar), it's gestures options provide an action for doing things with images (i.e. save image, view image, etc), but they don't work, and most frustratingly, when you type something in the address bar the first option is actually a web search followed by your history search, meaning normal page browsing to sites you frequent go type -> down->down->enter (instead of just down->enter in IE/Chrome/FF: FF has addons that let you just press enter instead of down first).

Now, things get a bit hairier with the new round of browsers coming out. Chrome's new Javascript engine puts it in first place in terms of performance closely followed by IE9, which is going dramatic overhauling to become what may end up as a real browser, Firefox drops into 4th place in performance and Opera doesn't change a whole lot. Firefox 4 steals its design straight from Opera, although has some pretty bad issues with accessing the menu from keyboard.

Safari isn't a real browser.

Now, so, which is the best browser for you?

The answer is simple... sorta. If you have a slow computer, I'd go with Chrome or Opera, depending on if you're okay with the chrome interface (it's not as minimalistic as I'd like) and you're OK with addons not always working and you only use the keyboard. If you're a heavy mouse user or you need more screen space, Opera may be the better choice.

However, on any modern computer, the bottleneck of usability isn't the performance of the browser, but the browsing speed of it's user. For that, there is no other browser close to Firefox that can make its user more efficient. Firefox is second in screen space usage only to opera (however, if you download stuff a lot, firefox will actually be a bit better, since you don't need the downloads tab; download statusbar ftw), and for speeding up user interface, FF has by far the best set of gestures and UI tweaks (like only having to press Enter to navigate to the first listed site in the address bar)

Lightning93

Smash Champion

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
I got 3rd today.
I beat Mechwarrior, Gunblade, and Bleachigo

I lost to Nairo and P_wii

I got 1st in doubles though. We are about to start $3 draft crews :).

- NAKAT -

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Match-up Discussion:

Jenkins vs. Final Exams

1:9

Matchup Knowledge, Jenkins: 0

Final Exams have at least 3 known infinites on Jenkins so far, more are likely to be discovered as the meta-game progresses.

I am going to get JV-4 Stocked by this ****.

Oh, btw, the tournament buy-in is estimated to be around $18,000 per semester.

fml.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
"I'MA FOX YOU UP"
"starfox 64 quote"
"narutoakatyrell is named after naruto but is actually good"

just off the top of my head

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Naruto= Amazing

That post Asdioh made could have been taken in two ways lol. Anywho I need to get a premium account or something because I want to change my SWF name badly =/ I will name myself Nakittykat.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm also saying that people named after Naruto and the like are usually bad.

Except sasukebowser of course.

Top Bottom