• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
i like camping, watching people get shot by little red lazers :p

and btw light we are all family on fox boards,

bros before ho...random peeps... D:

crifer

Smash Lord
i like camping, watching people get shot by little red lazers :p

and btw light we are all family on fox boards,

bros before ho...random peeps... D:
Actually... why is there no "texture" hack for different laser colors?
Green, Black or white would be awesome :-)

Or like... shooting every time a different color... like black, white, black, white and so on :D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've seen Fox with Falco's laser color and it pissed me off because it was confusing.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
White lasers would be sick. If I can find out how to edit textures I could probably figure it out quick...

Different colors might be impossible without intense hacks... and might cause epileptic seizures.
White lazors sound epic

Krystedez knows how to make textures I might ask him and see what he can do

Right now our texture hacks for fox consist of a red shine so im sure you can change the lazor too our falco also has red lazorss too

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yeah, White lasers sound rad.

I need my SD card and card reader back again :( I misplaced it and am now upset as I cannot use my homebrew channel. Yaay.

Enzo

Smash Lord
fox mains they be mad but TKD aint mad cuz fox mains they da bess
fox mains they da bess
fox mains they da bess
fox mains they da bess
Laser camp till i die
u-smash spam till i get a bye
naw f-smash they da bess

Jenkins

Smash Lord
fox mains they be mad but TKD aint mad cuz fox mains they da bess
fox mains they da bess
fox mains they da bess
fox mains they da bess
Laser camp till i die
u-smash spam till i get a bye
naw f-smash they da bess
......YESZ!

yesz!

YESZ!

YESZ!

YESZ!

Lightning93

Smash Champion
LOL!

Now:

"Look at your post, now back to mine. Now back at your post now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate posts it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, writing the posts your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible with legit comments.

I'm on a chair."

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
inb4Hadesbladerapesyou<3Asdioh
ugh...does it count as **** if I get him to really high % (like 140ish or something) first game and 70% second game but lose both? :(

Lost to Count and Hadesblade. Tourney only had like 9 people, I came in 4th, losing to the 1st and 2nd. Yoshi vs Diddy grand finals are epic.

Yoshi is scary as hell though. If you're in the air, you have to watch out for... everything, but if you try to land, you have to be careful since pivot grab is ajgfaoijgaoijotrej. I got a bit of my Fox recorded, we had a draft crew battle. I go against a ROB with 2 stocks (I win but lose 1 stock) and then against that Yoshi, I took a stock.

So...what do you guys do against Diddy Kong? I did drastically better against Diddy while using Kirby, but it could have also been the stage (Frigate) and some luck, he seemed to make some mistakes. I got him to like 150% last stock with Kirby (but then failed to get a kill) but I got two-stocked as Fox.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Does Fox have a Glide Toss? Your SHNair OOS is a good tool to use to catch bananas that hit your shield. I noticed that it could be a great tool when you hit me with like 6 SHNairs in a row.

I don't main Fox, so tell me if I'm on to something or not.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Does Fox have a Glide Toss?
no, he goes like a quarter of an inch.
Your SHNair OOS is a good tool to use to catch bananas that hit your shield.
that might work. I guess I need to shield bananas more, but even if they do, diddy can grab out of glide toss :(

I did so much better with Kirby and I'm not sure why. Count does say that Fox is bad vs Diddy and Kirby is much better, but maybe it's a personal thing with him, I dunno. I just know that I didn't last long with Fox. I'm going to practice a lot now, I didn't practice much before this tournament >_>

It seems like the only time I can do consistent cool Fox stuff is against my friend because I play him all the time and I know his habits.

Diddy Kong has been my personal worst matchup for so long now :(

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
The thing that makes fighting any one easier is knowing their habits.

Diddy's tend to have a united habits, due to their available options. When a Diddy is shielding with a banana in hand, guess what he's gonna do?

-Glide Toss to something
-Dribble (GT down) forward(most likely) or backward

You want to bait the naner toss, somehow, and then get in and wreck. Just don't go in their thinkin' Diddy has no CQC.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
that is why diddy's scare me. no matter what the opponent diddy has 50% chance of doing something unexpected.
True. All you have to do is tamper with their shield to learn their options. Diddy's are dangerous due to many people not knowing what their options are, and the full extent of those options. He's no MK by any means, but with an item, that forces tripping, he's a force.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Fox has a reasonably long DACIT. I'm assuming that makes it "good" although I'm not sure what he does with it, so I'm not convinced it is.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I think SCOTU meant like what possible Moves to use out of it, Obvs Usmash, but what other uses could there be? mindgames comes to mind but I can't see much else, Shine should stop most momentum gained so it could be useful for control.

Ninja'd ._.'

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Does Fox have a Glide Toss?
His Jump-Canceled Toss is actually very useful. Ever see a TL use it with his bombs? Fox can do the same, and it gives you some fun options when fighting against a Diddy. DACIT, on the the other hand, in my opinion, is a little annoying to perform for it to be beneficial...
Your SHNair OOS is a good tool to use to catch bananas that hit your shield. I noticed that it could be a great tool when you hit me with like 6 SHNairs in a row.
Hmm... innovative! I like it :D. Sounds like a good strategy to me...

And I'll get on Skype some other time Jenkins XD. Today was filled with SAT and college football.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
His Jump-Canceled Toss is actually very useful. Ever see a TL use it with his bombs? Fox can do the same, and it gives you some fun options when fighting against a Diddy.
I completely disregarded JCTs. I figured that those would be fairly useful in some situations, but what would be even better for Fox, is to take further advantage of his SHAD, by Z dropping, after approaching with an item, more particularly, a banana, placing yourself behind Diddy, while pressuring them from the front and back. How does that sound?

Top Bottom