• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No, Star Fox Adventures was a horribly executed game in addition to the forced Star Fox crap and it f***ing up the story.

The controls were more agitated than a stoned guy and the points in the game where you would need sharp controls were the only parts that were actually hard to frustrating. Everything else was far too easy, I was honestly surprised at such an easy game coming from Rare.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
No, Star Fox Adventures was a horribly executed game in addition to the forced Star Fox crap and it f***ing up the story.

The controls were more agitated than a stoned guy and the points in the game where you would need sharp controls were the only parts that were actually hard to frustrating. Everything else was far too easy, I was honestly surprised at such an easy game coming from Rare.
Hmm... I never had too much trouble with the controls. Aiming the staff shot thing took some work at first, but I never thought it was too terrible.

Star Fox was forced, yeah... I liked his personality in the game quite a bit, but the other characters were all done pretty poorly, the arwing scenes weren't necessary, and etc.

And the story... hmm, I'm mixed on this one. The act of changing an actual legitimate final boss for Andross was pretty lame (Heck, I'd have rather fought the creepy store owner dinosaur. "Welcome... to your DEATH" would have been one of the greatest lines in any game ever)
but for most of the game, I thought the story was adequate. Nothing groundbreaking, for a story, but also not gamebreaking... at least not for me.

all just my opinion, though... To be honest, I was excited about "Dinosaur planet" since it was announced. hah too bad for me, eh?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I don't mean the fighting controls, I mean the movement controls. I distinctly remember one temple where there was a narrow catwalk you had to maneuver over, and it took me at least an hour to get through that room because the controls were so bad and unresponsive.
And of course the shooting and racing "minigames". Those were frustrating, too.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
ROFL!!! That racing in the snow was so stupid. I ended up over taking them in a tunnel and then held still, and they kept running into me and they BOTH exploded.

lzuzuzlzuzuzlzuzluzlzu~!~!~!!!!!~~~!~!!!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
^ I practically made half of that sig. That gif and pic look sooo beautiful together.

If Uzi gets infracted, infract me too.

Being infracted for something that epic... is a privilege. Although I see nothing wrong with it.
you need to show me how to make brawl related gifs. I got a small program that can do some gifs but its kinda unreliable and you have to really take alot of the image quality out

LOL

Are you telling me that Star Fox Adventures was originally something else, and this Krystal chick I've been hearing about only became a Star Fox character because she just happened to be there and was magically turned into one when the game was "transformed" into Adventures?

That's crazy!

It's a good thing I tend to stay away from crappy games. I never really even considered playing Dino- Star Fox Adventures. Whatever.

Is Assault any good? I remember watching a G4 review or something and they said it was good to rent or something. >_>

Star Fox 64 is the only SF game I've played, and since I know it's the best I'm hesitant to ruin the experience for myself XD

Also, Macbeth was an okay level I guess. I don't really like driving the Landmaster much because it's hard as hell to aim since you drive all over the place while aiming since move+aim is the same button. It's the same problem with the Arwing but not as noticeable because you can move up and down as well.

Now, the desert planet where you have to save Slippy... THAT sucks. My god.

I also hate Aquas. "Fire a torpedo!"
And then you fire bajillions of them and have no idea what the hell you're doing but stuff manages to blow up anyway. x_x
yea in Macbeth what i did to solve that problem was just get into the air and shoot. I also relyed heavily on using the targeting system vs using the landmasters cross hair. This way if i have multiple enemies all together they'd all blow up and i'd get a higher score and maybe a ring reward

Star Fox adventures...while it does have its annoying moments i still enjoy it as one of Rares final games to the nintendo system. It still has Rare gimmics [collectables], its ageing well, some of the puzzles were pretty fun.

The not so fun moments where probably traveling back to the force point temples, those got pretty boring fast.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I don't mean the fighting controls, I mean the movement controls. I distinctly remember one temple where there was a narrow catwalk you had to maneuver over, and it took me at least an hour to get through that room because the controls were so bad and unresponsive.
And of course the shooting and racing "minigames". Those were frustrating, too.
Hmm, interesting. I remember the different movement areas/catwalks/and such, but I never really had any problem just with the standard movement controls.

In every 3rd person adventure game, I have a couple random run and jump offs where the character's falling noise mirrors my own "Noooo!", but I didn't notice any more in this one than in say Ocarina of Time, really.

I did notice that the aiming controls seemed to have this spring effect to keep you near the middle of the screen, which made them about 100x more frustrating than they needed to be, particularly when they put shooting 4 targets or so on a timer, but that was the only big issue I ever had with control in the game...

I personally liked the racing games well enough, the shooting ones were mehhhh

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
LOL OMG SO MUCH LLULZ!!!

Title made me ROFL hardcore! I LURV Lightning93/Moon-Doggie pairing~! I wanna see 'em kiss :3

then that sig was just win!

btw, Krystal pretty much is an add on, but she's actually a pretty good pilot, go figure. poor slippy.

They could've done a better job wif the dinosaur tribes in Adventures. and I was sooo mad when General Scale just up and dies RIGHT before you can whoop his *** for everything he did in the game. Andross shows up out of NOWHERE being all Muahahaha~! It was ME the whole time!!

..wtf?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Since I am mad jealous of Uzi's new sig...I've decided to make my new Asuka sig.

Computers will be ***** by my frames. Unless I figure out how reduce frames =3

luzlzulzuzuzuzuzuzlzuzzzlzlzulzu!~~!!~!~~!~~!~~!!!!

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
I don't care what you guys have to say about Krystal. She has a BIG role in the
story. Who else would release fox's sexual tension? Fighting MK's and Snakes
gets stressful yknow.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
i dont even know lol

some noob sonic player. haha

CJS or Flaming_Volt im not sure

GG's BTW DAYUM lolol sorry i left, i told asdioh i would play him

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
NKB make a sig that people other than you can understand this time
exactly... and a bit of fox in it could be awesome... by the awy Uzi it was missing my comment respecting the sign... just one word... sex
NKB make a sig that people other than you can understand this time
Sorry Guys, can't do it. I have to make another Evangelion Sig.

lzluzluzlzuzluzuzuzu~!~!~!!~!!

I <3 ANIME!!!!!

I will however make a Fox sig after my next Evangelion sig.

M@v

Subarashii!

I <3 ANIME!!!!!

*Yo NKB I'm real happy for you, and Ima let you finish, but DBZ is the best anime OF ALL TIME*

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i dont even know lol

some noob sonic player. haha

CJS or Flaming_Volt im not sure

GG's BTW DAYUM lolol sorry i left, i told asdioh i would play him
lol its alright, my poor Wolf was getting ***** by Utilts like it was Shiek, lol

I <3 ANIME!!!!!

why not just put little Fox heads around it?

Jenkins

Smash Lord
lol its alright, my poor Wolf was getting ***** by Utilts like it was Shiek, lol
;D

lawl

NKB dont even bother wasting your time making a sig that no one will understand/care about

you GOTTA KNOW WHEN TO DRAW THE LINE SON

VVVVVVVVVVV look at that sig. just LOOK AT IT! VVVVVV obscure, yes, but i could explain it in a sentence ;D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
My sig's pretty darn amazing, to be honest.

You can at least get part of it even if you've never watched Higurashi.

Getting enough text to have it show is kinda annoying, but oh well. I wonder if Weegee makes it better or worse...

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
;D

lawl

NKB dont even bother wasting your time making a sig that no one will understand/care about

you GOTTA KNOW WHEN TO DRAW THE LINE SON

VVVVVVVVVVV look at that sig. just LOOK AT IT! VVVVVV obscure, yes, but i could explain it in a sentence ;D
Lol when have my sigs ever made sense?

FLCL? Evangelion? luzluzlzzuulz~!~~!!~!!!

I am currently making sig and it shall be glorious!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
it's a rather ******** meme, as far as memes go. IMO.

Also, this thread title is an eyesore. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title.

lets see how many people here can catch a Tsukihime reference

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
This thread ti-

Darn, beaten to it. =/

This chair!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
it's a rather ******** meme, as far as memes go. IMO.

Also, this thread title is an eyesore. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title. This thread title.

lets see how many people here can catch a Tsukihime reference
I wish I played visual novels.

lzuzuzzuzuluzuzzuzuzuzlzulz!~!~~!!~!!!~!

Lulz Tsukihime is hentai.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR THIS CHAIR

Erm.

Top Bottom