• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I only played R/B. I have no idea about all those fancy things.

Back in the day we had 151 Pokemans and they all evolved with leveling or those stupid stones. No genders except for Nidorans, no breeding, no friendship, no day- and nighttime, no combinations, no shinies, nothing.
Genders are a good thing, lol. It was kinda dumb for them to make Nidoran Male and Female in the first gen :[

Shinies...blah. I only want one so I can say I found one, and that my luck isn't the worst thing in the world, yet I haven't found any, except for the Red Gyarados. -.-
My luck is bad.

Breeding is annoying if you're going for perfect stats, but otherwise it's really super duper awesome.

Friendship makes you feel good about yourself.

Day and nighttime are awesome.

I dunno what you mean by combinations.

Yeah R/B rocked but it was lacking some stuff.
Like storage space.
"No more room for items."
._.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
NeverKnowsBest, you always seem extremely happy/excited when you post. o_o;;;

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So we may have a bit of a problem...

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8357214&postcount=556

TL boards are convinced they have a One-hit KO against us...

It's a bomb drop to dsmash... the bomb explodes on TL, cancelling the 2nd hit of dsmash... and since the first hit has insane knockback that doesn't change with %, apparently it sends characters far enough away that they cannot make it back...

I'm not sure I buy that it OHKO's Fox..given his very large recovery range... but it's something to test and be wary of... It seems like you could reaction shield punish that upon the bomb drop, but still...something to pay attention to, I guess...

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
ROFL!!!!! I just came back from the gym and started laughing manically seeing sasuke's and Jenkin's lulzuzlzuzu!!~!!!

llzuzluuzlzullzzlulzulzzuzlu!~~!~!!~!!~~~!~~!

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
So we may have a bit of a problem...

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8357214&postcount=556

TL boards are convinced they have a One-hit KO against us...

It's a bomb drop to dsmash... the bomb explodes on TL, cancelling the 2nd hit of dsmash... and since the first hit has insane knockback that doesn't change with %, apparently it sends characters far enough away that they cannot make it back...

I'm not sure I buy that it OHKO's Fox..given his very large recovery range... but it's something to test and be wary of... It seems like you could reaction shield punish that upon the bomb drop, but still...something to pay attention to, I guess...
Despite our differences..............did anybody decide to pay attention to this post and read what Fenrir wrote. Let's sit and pray it's non-sense and just go about doing our thing against Toon Links and this is something I will keep my eye on considering I play with Jash all the time. My gosh.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i paid a fair amount of attention to it...

idk... it doesn't seem likely this would work, considering DI, momentum canceling and a good recovery it's highly unlikely.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's the same as a Dsmash gimp at low percents, so you don't DI/ momentum cancel it really. >_>

First hit of Dsmash has a lot of stun and sends you at a perfect gimp angle.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
Well i'll lmfao if a TL does it to me and i have ZERO HOPE of making it back to the stage
that's the thing... all these CARZY UBER 1337 Z3r0 To D34thZorZ!!!

are like.. impossible to land in matches especially if the victim knows what they're doing

DarkAura

Smash Lord
true true.

wolf would have an easy time x9001 if his recovery specials transferred momentum.

Recovery is really why out of the 3 i picked fox to main, i second wolf and falco but their recovery makes me shoot myself compared to fox's.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
true true.

wolf would have an easy time x9001 if his recovery specials transferred momentum.

Recovery is really why out of the 3 i picked fox to main, i second wolf and falco but their recovery makes me shoot myself compared to fox's.
LOL wow that's funny. I played the 3 spacies too but my reason was Speed, Size, Camping, & Kill Power. Fox fits that description best for me.

I 2nd wolf now because he is my alternate against Olimar

DarkAura

Smash Lord
yeah i mained fox before i knew what competitive smash was so i didn't really consider kill power, learning curve, size anything but recovery and entertainment really.

i go fox verse olimar... i think this match up is utterly terrible for fox but i know it inside out, the person i play the most mains olimar and im used to getting gayed by dthrow, fair, and his broken kill power and grab.

really it's all in the Nair and unpredictability and good DI. you can kill him at like 80% so that's the really main thing about the match up.

iv never thought of CPing wolf lol... i don't really pay attention to my seconds match ups cause they're no where near tournament ready only my fox is so i don't really need to know them but lately iv been pretty good with my seconds so i guess i should learn them :urg:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Yea that's true. It's just silly the TL's find stuff like this out. I feel sorry for the wolf community if this works on them.
People feel sorry for us? :<

I guess quite a few people play multiple spacies. I knew a lot of Wolfs alt Falco, and some Wolfs also use Fox (and vice versa I guess).

Falco is the only spacie that I can't stand to use though, he's too slow for me >.< I prefer Sheik over him.

Man, I seem to always pick the characters that get comboed and chain grabbed. Guess I can't feel bad though since I used to main IC.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
People feel sorry for us? :<

I guess quite a few people play multiple spacies. I knew a lot of Wolfs alt Falco, and some Wolfs also use Fox (and vice versa I guess).

Falco is the only spacie that I can't stand to use though, he's too slow for me >.< I prefer Sheik over him.

Man, I seem to always pick the characters that get comboed and chain grabbed. Guess I can't feel bad though since I used to main IC.
I feel bad for Wolf if this TL "KO Shot" ends up working on you guys. I play Wolf as well and have no reason to think he is a waste of a character, i take maaaaad pride into my Wolf. Don't worry, i may feel bad for Wolf ALOT but that doesn't stop me from playing him in both Friendlies and Tourny

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Why would feeling bad for a character prevent anyone from using that character? :p

Edit: Would it be possible to find a way to counter Pikachus with Fox? It's like... one of the few matches I've ever played as Fox so far xD. I've really only foughten Pikachu, DK, and Toon Link with Fox so far, so idk much about him except that Fox > Snake, and that apparently playing Brawl Fox as if I'm playing Melee Fox seems to work.

Top Bottom