• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 22, 2014] DIME 8 Ft. Silent Wolf (Plano, TX)

D

Deleted member

save em for dime 9 or something. at dime 8 we're going to try a different set up to where we wouldn't need the cards.
I'm bringing them either way and I really think we should use them. I just finished cutting out all of them from lamination which I had to drive out for to get done.

p.s. Waterless can my Waifu pillow enter the tournament?

Sure! How much?
$3-5? I need more fight money.

Last edited by a moderator:

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Meant to post in FB earlier, but yeah I'm about 80% confirmed atm (gotta figure out how to get there + housing, 10% each :p)

I wanna do MM's but who.......?

Quiteballin

Smash Rookie
So do we know if this will only be one day yet?

Or will we not know till it starts?

Last edited:

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Gabe hasn't said anything regarding two days. That + other reasons = definitely a one day event.
How a tournament of this size is going to be managed in a venue the size of FX games is a miracle I'm waiting to see happen. The hype storm is brewing.

EDIT: Fail, the OP indeed mentions the 2-day possibility. But it isn't likely given reasons like Silent Wolf not being able to attend if it were a 2-day event.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gabe hasn't said anything regarding two days. That + other reasons = definitely a one day event.
How a tournament of this size is going to be managed in a venue the size of FX games is a miracle I'm waiting to see happen. The hype storm is brewing.
We need to knock out the wall between FX and where Madness Games and Comics used to be and give FX twice the store space.

D

Deleted member

Who wants to bet we're gonna need a bigger venue for DIME 9?

rofl
I don't since Waterless works there. If anything we're going to start to have 2-day tournaments as proposed in the original post.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
I don't since Waterless works there. If anything we're going to start to have 2-day tournaments as proposed in the original post.
If DIME keeps getting big names showing up to it, and more people keep coming, we're just not gonna be able to fit everyone in that wants to come these at one time, it won't be a matter of getting things done on time.

I mean, I love the shop and everything, and hope we don't have to move, but they might just need to depending on how big the turn up for this ends up being.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Well, FX could always rent out a tournament venue. It would be good advertising, and it wouldn't interfere with their in-store business. Plus, there IS the old Madness Playroom. I don't know who owns it, but it was always big enough to house MTG and 40K. So, just throwing chum in the waters here.

qqwwrrmm

Smash Cadet
my roommate and I live pretty close to the venue as well we have plenty of floor space if anyone is desperate for housing.

D

Deleted member

Now that br10 is over and I'm satisfied with pm results, time to shift my focus on melee
Sadly my pm partner doesn't play melee so... Does anyone want to team? I still don't have a partner yet

D

Deleted member

Now that br10 is over and I'm satisfied with pm results, time to shift my focus on melee
Sadly my pm partner doesn't play melee so... Does anyone want to team? I still don't have a partner yet
take me oh great one

(Basically it's you or Zhea, but I gotta find out how I would play Double Falcon with him, compared to your Marth)

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Great job at BR10 dude, that's impressive placing. Its very likely that my doubles partner Quote won't be able to make it to doubles, I'd totally be down to team with you if you want. If anyone better than me want to then definitely go for that instead though.

D

Deleted member

Hey Silent Wolf, can I donate a dollar to the 'Silent Wolf Foundation Fund'?
(ie. A $1 MM?)

D

Deleted member

Hey Silent Wolf, can I donate a dollar to the 'Silent Wolf Foundation Fund'?
(ie. A $1 MM?)
Think of it more as a, "I'm offering a dollar for friendlies so SW won't sandbag me in regular friendlies, even though he has nothing to worry about" thing.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Doubles is going to start at 11. Venue and registration open at 10. I'm going to be strict on the doubles start time so make sure you're registered by 11 if you intend to enter doubles

D

Deleted member

Is anyone Carpooling in Lewisville? All my rides are unable to take me to Plano this Saturday.

Zhea

Smash Ace
I'd go with Zach to be honest Scotch. The only 2 players I have enjoyed teams with are Xilopryce and PKThunder. I think he and are teaming there now since we couldn't at Ultra Arcade.

D

Deleted member

I'd go with Zach to be honest Scotch. The only 2 players I have enjoyed teams with are Xilopryce and PKThunder. I think he and are teaming there now since we couldn't at Ultra Arcade.
Alright.

Well, how about it Zach? Take me by your side, and we can become the greatest food combo in the universe.

Scotch with Lunchables.

MT_

Smash Ace
Any confirmation on singles start time and possibility of splitting pools into two waves? I'm gonna get there as fast as I can but I probably can't make it until 3:30ish.

Top Bottom