• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 22, 2014] DIME 8 Ft. Silent Wolf (Plano, TX)

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
I can assure everyone with confidence that you have the ability to be just as good if not better than me if you put your heart and soul into this game.

-sincerely Arc
All my love goes to this game. It's been the most wonderful ride of my life, and I look forward to many more <3

We're on our way, man! Just wait up a bit, I'll be up there in Winners Bracket with you soon enough!

qqwwrrmm

Smash Cadet
Flights are super cheap to this. If I can get a ride from and to the airport and housing, I would love to come to this.

tl;dr Helllllllpppppppp

I can house you I live pretty close to the venue

Lemme know about the flight times and I can maybe do the airport if not I'm sure someone can

D

Deleted member

You all realize...we're gonna need commentary for this Top 8. It's going to be ridiculous hype!

I volunteer for the job.
We should get Robblez Fobbles Wobblez Wobbles in here for commentary.
Either him or Morgan Freeman. Both of their voices and conversations are pleasant.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedGamer

Smash Ace
D

Deleted member

Zhea, are you teaming with anyone? I think it would be interesting to play Doubles with you, since we both play Falcon.

D

Deleted member

I traditionally hate doubles, but if someone requests it, sure.
Alright, cool. I think we should get some friendlies in before we enter, just to see if we work well in teams. If things don't seem good, we just won't enter.

D

Deleted member

Okay I just got a stupidly simple idea on how to make the tournament run a little faster.

Red/Green strips of paper.
On top of every CRT (TV) SetUp we can put a strip of paper with one side is green and the other is red.
Players will flip this stip of paper over to the correct color side depending on the status of their match.

If the CRT is being used for a tournament match or Pools, flip the paper to the Red side.
If the CRT is being used for friendlies or Money Matches, flip it to the Green side.
After every match (except Pools matches that aren't complete) players will flip the strip of paper to the Green side.

Let's look at the pros and cons of this idea:
Pros:
Players don't have to ask 'Is this tournament?' and interrupt matches.
Easy and understandable.
Quick and inexpensive solution to TV hogging hiccups.

Cons:
Players can lie about their matches with these but the Smash community should be trustworthy enough so this shouldn't be a big issue.
Paper could get ripped up or taken. (If needed we could laminate them, haha.)

@ W WaterlessFishie and @Everybody
Do you think this is a good idea and that it should be put into play?

D

Deleted member

I second this. Pretty neat idea, just as long as everyone cooperates.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, its cool and all but people would have to remember whats what
Instead of colors, maybe the paper could also have text stating "Tournament" or "Friendlies" because some people that don't know of this at first would be like "w/e idk what it means"

D

Deleted member

Instead of colors, maybe the paper could also have text stating "Tournament" or "Friendlies" because some people that don't know of this at first would be like "w/e idk what it means"
And what if we have colorblind entrants lmao

D

Deleted member

I'll write that on them, good idea Zach.

Oracle

Smash Master
could you house and provide rides to/from the airport/tourney for me and toph?
I can house you both, just be wary that I only have one couch and hardwood floors so bring a blanket or two if you can. I'm likely also hosting soft so it would be yall 3. As far as rides, if I really need to we can all fit in my pickup, but the two seats in the back fold in from the sides so it would be a little cramped for all 4 of us. I can probably just get somebody else to drop by on their way to the tournament to grab you guys. Let me know your flight info when you get a chance, shouldn't be any problems bc I have fridays off.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Well, work alrady gave me off for this day, so I guess I'll be there. lol

I'll bring a set up, but I really doubt we'll be able to use it/need it.

D

Deleted member

You should money match justanull, he really wants to play you.
He's the annoying P:M Zelda main that kept yelling at me right?
Nope, not gonna happen.

Well, work alrady gave me off for this day, so I guess I'll be there. lol

I'll bring a set up, but I really doubt we'll be able to use it/need it.
We need as much stuff as we can get into the store, so always assume we'll use it.

----

@ W WaterlessFishie
I'm going to make 25 of the laminated stip things, do you think that's enough?

Jesi

Smash Ace
If any one needs housing for this - I probably have spots available. I moved to about 5-8 min from the venue too (hi Gabe!). :)

Zhea

Smash Ace
SA is definitely in need of housing. For now we have 8 guaranteed. That may increase, however several SA players are known for their legendary flake status so we shall see.

Top Bottom