• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 22, 2014] DIME 8 Ft. Silent Wolf (Plano, TX)

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Dehydrated Ichthyoid's Melee Extravaganza 8
Melee Singles & Doubles

IMPORTANT: Please RSVP in this thread via the handy RSVP system above. Doing this is not required to enter the event but will allow me to get a good estimate as to how many people are going to show up. If there is a lot of people this may turn into a 2 day thing. If you don't have a smashboards account I encourage you to make one cause smashboards is pretty sweet anyway.

When: Saturday February 22nd, 10:00 am

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Rd, Plano TX 75075

Schedule:
(if < 100 people)
10:00 registration for singles and dubs start
11:00 dubs begins
1:00 registration for singles ends
2:00-4:00 wave 1 pools
4:00 - 6:00 wave 2 pools start
6:00-end bracket

(if >100 people)
10:00 registration for singles and dubs open
11:00 dubs begins
1:00 registration for singles ends
3:00 bracket begins

set ups are important here. if there are not enough set ups i will definitely run straight bracket.

BRING SETUPS!!! THEY'RE IMPORTANT. If you can even only bring your copy of Melee, do that. The venue has a lot of cubes we can use but not that many copies of melee. If you can bring a full set up, great, but I may or may not use it.

Entry Fee: Singles: $10
Teams: $5 per player, $10 per team
Venue: $5, $3 is you bring a set up that is used.

Pay Outs: TBD

Rules:
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
Pokemon Stadium (doubles only)

Counter Picks:
Pokemon Stadium (singles)
Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles)

General:
Items are off.
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Team attack is ON
Life stealing is allowed
Pause is OFF
Wobbling is legal.
Standard DSR (you may not counter pick a stage you have already won on in a set)
Coaching is not allowed during sets.
Stalling is banned (will elaborate if necessary).
1 stage ban in best of 3 set, no stage bans in best of 5 set.
Striking is 1-2-1

Other Rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Dave's Stupid Rule: players cannot counterpick back to a stage that they have already won on in a set.
7. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
Additional Notes: A lot of kids come through the venue on a Saturday. Don't yell curse words in the store (including ****).
Show up on time. If you need to contact me cause you'll be late, my number is: 972-693-4339
Again, bring some set ups. Uhh i guess I'll edit this if I think of anything else

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy ****, another DIME?

Well, I might stick to Falcon in singles, I was thinking about pulling out Marth, but I dunno. I plan on doing better this time compared to the last one, since I was literally going around asking everyone about their play styles and their mains, etc

Oh yeah, thanks for the tips last DIME, Penguin.

I have a different perspective about Melee than I did when I first started, and I think I'm starting to get better. It's all about practice, really.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'm confirmed for sure. Will be bringing a full carpool, you could prolly follow whos joining it on the SA fb.

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
Anyone up for a low-tier bracket?
Low-tier as in Young Link and down from there.

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
I would be down for that if DK is allowed... if not I could go Y Link or Zelda. I miss playing low tiers.
DK and all this is allowed. I'm just not sure if the super low tiers also count, considering I play Ness. Those super low tiers are like the mid tiers in terms of high tier.

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Super hyped for this, I let myself down at DIME 7 and I'm ready to prove my legitimacy in the dfw scene. And you can count on me to record again!

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
PTJon, you're great. Really nice to see such a good upcoming mid/high tier character, and of course the awesome recording services.

D

Deleted member

I might come to this, maybe just for doubles. Depends on how many people come. I don't want to be a burden.
If my Project: M spiel doesn't go well I guess I'll play Melee for awhile and go to rebound tournaments.

@ W WaterlessFishie
If you find my powerstrip we can switch out at Bit Battles.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
We have 2 carpool drivers confimed (for now) to drive from SA to Dallas for DIME 8. And we've already have a list of player that want to go.
Nike (confirmed/driver)
Cassi (confirmed/driver)
Zhea (confirmed)
PK-Thunder
S.O.S
The Fleyva (confirmed)
King
Skeith
Frisbie (confirmed/driver)

We're still trying to get:
Buttery Smooth
Espy Rose
Pogo
Vasquez
King Mosquito

seriously, San Antonio is interested.

Perhaps... I may end up going to dallas every weekend in february
you're going to iron price 2 right?

Last edited:

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I also will accept any money matches, but no one has to in order to play me. I'll play anyone seriously :p Also, I'll probably go to the SA monthly in March. I want to go to every tournament possible (in Texas at least).

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I'm accepting any MMs against my Fox.
I would love to do a $5 MM against you. whether I can or not will be confirmed after I get there.

I also will accept any money matches, but no one has to in order to play me. I'll play anyone seriously :p Also, I'll probably go to the SA monthly in March. I want to go to every tournament possible (in Texas at least).
YAY!!!!!

Ah ok, hopefully that will be the Saturday I visit SA.
dude, you should totally visit San Antonio for at least smash if nothing else. we'd love to have anyonee join us for smash.

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
dude, you should totally visit San Antonio for at least smash if nothing else. we'd love to have anyonee join us for smash.
Dude, I will try. My dad visit's SA like once or twice a month, so hopefully I tag along to go to this. I wanted to go to IP but I couldn't, plus since I'm a bit new at Smash, I'm going to any tournament I can, how is the PM scene down there?

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
I'll drop a solid maybe on this. Not the biggest fan of Melee, but I had fun at the last DIME I went to.

is the singles entry 10? and whats the payout? is the date solidified for the 22nd? (which i hope it is). how likely is it that this is gonna be a 2 day tourney? (i hope its not lol)

its likely that ill come to this. toph would prob come too.

edit: whats the closest airport?

Last edited:

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
Singles is apparently 5 this time, but there's a 5 dollar venue fee, as OP says. If this DIME gets 80 like the last one that's a $400 pot which winner gets 50% of, or ~200 expected payout. IIRC how waterlessfishie does payouts, at least.

D

Deleted member

I think since silent wolf wants to attend, its going to be bumped up to 10 dollar singles entry

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
Definitely something for gabe to consider. Not to mention the hype of him coming could easily bump up attendance even more absurdly high.

Yea I would only come if singles was 10. I need a chance to cover my trip. Let me know within the next couple days pls

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well that would certainly be an interesting development... what makes you interested in coming here? If you do, I want money matches with both of you.

I've noticed that every local scene has blown up, so I decided I'm going to fly out to places on random open weekends and try to win tourneys to pay for my trips.

Is this for sure gonna be a 1 day thing? If it is, I'm gonna buy my ticket in a day or 2.

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
We won't know payout and time details for sure until waterlessfishie gets online and confirms stuff; your arrival is pretty likely to change his plans anyway.

Top Bottom