• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|FBT6 - BRAWL| March 20-21 Oshkosh, WI. West Circuit Event #2 - Results in 1st Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
well that is the system of MLG stage striking they implemented in the 06-07 season. it was cool because it made it so you could strike the neutral and then ban like poke floats or some garb *** stage like that.

it just makes it so you dont have the neutral you don't want first match unless it comes up twice. say someone strikes fod and the other strikes YS, then YS comes up you quit out, and then fod comes up and you quit out, but as far as i know if either stage comes up after that it is played on.

the greatest thing about it was you didn't have to announce your neutral strike before the match. if you wanted to strike the stage you would just l r a start before it started or pause quit out within 2 seconds or something. or announce you wanna strike after the stage is selected. so you couldn't SD and say i was gonna strike this.
exactly, bigc got it down. it makes the random stage aspect a little easier. plus, it's completely optional. you can't really abuse it and it only affects the first match.

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
"Melee Rules:
These are the rules for both singles and doubles

Rules
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
"

wait, this is basically the same thing as neutral stage striking. was this added before or after? were the rules just copied and pasted?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master

* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
"

wait, this is basically the same thing as neutral stage striking. was this added before or after? were the rules just copied and pasted?
They were actually, lol. I completely passed over that. Stage striking is confirmed!! :psycho:

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to say that I feel very comfortable in this thread, and I'm very excited for FBT6, even if it's just a room full of unique people playing video games and talking about inside jokes all day.

Quaz

Smash Master
its not just a room full of unique people playing video games and tell inside jokes. Its a room full of unique people playing video games and telingl inside jokes.

Zjiin

Smash Master
People I want to $MM @ FBT6
~EighteenSpikes (4DATRIX)
~Chexr (rematch of last time :mad:)
~Eggz (still comin'?)
~BAMM (oh no you di' n't)

People I don't want to $MM @ FBT6
~Cosmo (no.)
~Kels (HELL no.)
~Tink (maybe)

chansen

Smash Lord

Anybody who would like to stoop to my level, please gather your testicular fortitude and tell me if you still play D2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom